6.3

1. Aug 19, 2012
    Even while very grim, bizarre and out of this world, The Dictator had me laughing throughout. To enjoy the film you had to be someone who can relax and not take everything so seriously, which some critics and reviewers simply cannot do. Not the best comedy film I have ever seen, but i'd say its definitely in my top 5.
  2. Aug 26, 2012
    This was not a great movie. I didn't think the humor was all that funny. I laughed at like 3 jokes. I found Cohen's humor offensive. He usually is except in Madagascar.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    I enjoyed it. Sure it's not a movie you remember, talk about for weeks, buy, rent, or keep when someone re-gifts it to you for Christmas, but it wasn't THAT deplorable as many seem to think.
    Personally I have nothing against bearded, middle eastern, murderous, penile-challenged dictators___so I may not be as biased as everyone who still remembers Osama Bin Laden and has fallen prey to the programming which thwarts their notions of the word «funny» when it comes to certain subjects or stereotypes.

Come on people... the jokes were OK.. get over Osama wait for it to be on Stars and watch it again.
  4. Nov 4, 2012
    When it is funny, it is really funny. Unfortunately, it tries to be a movie and have an actual plot and you buy none of it. It completely falls apart.
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    It has some funny moments and innovations and Sacha Baron Cohen is a really good actor here, but The Dictator is still a stupid film; a blockbuster just made to win money.
  6. Dec 5, 2012
    Did I like it? Yes. Is it a great film? Hell no. It has some humorous moments, but overall the film isn't that funny. The best jokes are all in the trailer. Very short. Incredibly inconsistent.
  7. Jan 31, 2013
    I have just watched this film and I thought it was very funny, with all the racist and sexist comments although may want to consider watching this if sensitive to sexist or racist comments. One of the best films I have watched in 2012/13
  8. Feb 17, 2013
    Funny, Restless, Offensive and full of Banned Jokes about US The Dictator is killer funny. This is definitely not a documentary but its a good comedy. Sacha Baron Cohen nailed it as the role of Aladeen! But the parents won't be happy because this film is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. Larry Charles has made Bruno which was also inappropriate but for adults it's okay. And even though its 14A it'sFunny, Restless, Offensive and full of Banned Jokes about US The Dictator is killer funny. This is definitely not a documentary but its a good comedy. Sacha Baron Cohen nailed it as the role of Aladeen! But the parents won't be happy because this film is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. Larry Charles has made Bruno which was also inappropriate but for adults it's okay. And even though its 14A it's very inappropriate. Well 7/10 for me! Expand
  9. Apr 11, 2013
    It's not profound, but for the first time in Baron Cohen movies, it has a plot. It's also the funniest movie of the year, and that was its target. If you want to laugh, go and see it!
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    The dictator is a funny film. It makes you laugh a lot and the time passes really quick. It's not a quality film but it's entertaining though if you like this kind of comedies
  11. Jun 30, 2013
    such a comedy movie better some other comedies today lots of funny and memorable scenes if you have netflix or a dvd player watch it with your friends because its not a family movie but its still good
  12. Sep 19, 2013
    Haters can hate on Sacha Baren Cohen and this movie all they want, but they have to admit that at times, it is very funny.

Although sometimes being stupid, that doesn't take away from the humor. Cohn is the master of creating comical situations, and The Dictator is just that: an 83 minute compilation of comical scenes and sight gags. But, for what it is, that's all that's needed to make this movie funny.
  13. Mar 15, 2014
    dictator was okay . Sacha Baron Cohen was great this film then his other films like bruno and borat . Sacha did his finest work but everyone has high expectations for Cohen's offensive humor . some of his humor i did not get in this but this movie was bettter then borat .
  14. Dec 14, 2014
    The Dictator es una película de comedia negra que nos ofrece una historia de un lado más retórico (por así decirlo) y que nos da una buena dosis de diversión.

Esta película resulta entretenida y totalmente disfrutable, ya que logra formar unos buenos momentos de risa con algunas irregularidades que se pueden considerar atractivas e ingeniosas, además, contiene un guión con una buena carisma que le da a este largometraje un toque más animado (no en el sentido de películas de animación) y fluyente. Este film, en general, exagera algunos momento de la trama, y que, para suerte de esta película, esas exageraciones resultan eficaces y logran mantenerse en una buena atmósfera sin desembarcarse en un ángulo desfavorable., y, por tanto, le dan a este metraje más humor y lo hacen más variado.
  15. Mar 16, 2014
    Is one of best comedy of all time! What is wrong with you people?! Have you problems with your brains?????????????????????????????????????????????????
  16. Nov 22, 2014
    The Dictator is simply just wastes 83 minutes of your life. This film is nothing more than a money grab after the success of Borat and Bruno. Don't bother.
  17. Dec 10, 2014
    Hey look everyone, it's Sacha Baron Cohen offensively portraying a minority that most people do not understand and over blowing the stereotype to make those ignorant people laugh.

let's face it, while Sacha might have been bring up some intelligent dialogue about cultural indifference, most of that dialogue was spent in Borat, leaving this movie only partially funny.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 26, 2012
    The Dictator, like its predecessors, is short (eighty-three minutes), but it runs down fast, and the lewd jokes pile up. [28 May 2012, p. 76]
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    May 17, 2012
    Sacha Baron Cohen's tosses off some sensationally funny stuff before descending into a rat-a-tat rhythm of random insult and ritual vulgarity.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    May 17, 2012
    The conventional meet-cute love story at the center of The Dictator feels like a bizarre concession to some nonexistent demographic that prefers its sick black comedy with a side of humanist sentiment.