The Dish

8.2

1. Nov 14, 2012
    The Dish is a wonderful Australian comedy set in the daring days of the space race. Sam Neil is wonderful and the film is one of those happy films that reminds man of his better side.
  2. JayH
    May 5, 2009
    Sweet Australian film The cast is wonderful and give very real and natural performances. The characters are very well defined. Great cinematography, well written and directed. It's a fine, solid film.
  3. HelenW.
    Dec 13, 2006
    One of my favorite movies. Anyone alive at the time the movie takes place is going to appreciate it. Very nostalgic, accented with popular music of the time, as well as a very nice score. I've seen it many times, and it still brings tears to my eyes. It is very sweet, funny and moving. One of the few moments in history you when you could believe we have the capacity to get it right, One of my favorite movies. Anyone alive at the time the movie takes place is going to appreciate it. Very nostalgic, accented with popular music of the time, as well as a very nice score. I've seen it many times, and it still brings tears to my eyes. It is very sweet, funny and moving. One of the few moments in history you when you could believe we have the capacity to get it right, and you are glad to relive it again and again. Collapse
  4. BoeniEgget
    Oct 10, 2003
    Kind of boring.
  5. DavidF.
    Dec 6, 2002
    I think this is a great movie this and the castle r the best australian movies ever made i dont care what ne1 says.
  6. MichaelC.
    May 25, 2001
    A fun comedy with drama that isn't heavy on the excitement but still provides plenty of unforced laughs and developed characters to serve a carefully constructed story. Well done, but I wouldn't see it twice.
  7. CatrionaC.
    May 5, 2001
    Very funny and whimsical.
  8. Mikey
    Apr 29, 2001
    I really enjoyed this movie. This is the type of intelligent, humorous, adult quality film that the whole family can enjoy. Take your parents and your grandparents to see it!
  9. SamW.
    Apr 9, 2001
    Marvellous, moving, funny.

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Kevin Maynard
    A disarming helping of Capra-esque corn served up by writer-director Rob Sitch.
    Simple fare, a feel-good movie that re-creates a time and place with gentle humor and a reminder that the Aussies have the right stuff, too.
  3. For all its folksy jocularity, the movie inspires a sense of global patriotism. In the big picture, every little dish counts.