7.7

1. j30
    Jan 26, 2012
    The making of the rock band is pretty invigorating stuff, however the Jim Morrison biography is uninviting and kind of boring after a while. I thought the movie was called The Doors, not The Rise And Fall Of The Lizard King.
  2. Dec 6, 2012
    Sometimes things come out about performers over time-I think this film should be measured against the bands 1967 live album at the Matrix club when Jim Morrison says 'show me the way to the next little boy' instead of 'little girl' which is kinds not so great anyway-kind of blowing the bands career into the trash from the start-the depiction of JM as a heroic rock figure in light of who heSometimes things come out about performers over time-I think this film should be measured against the bands 1967 live album at the Matrix club when Jim Morrison says 'show me the way to the next little boy' instead of 'little girl' which is kinds not so great anyway-kind of blowing the bands career into the trash from the start-the depiction of JM as a heroic rock figure in light of who he turned out to be is nothing special. I thought he was basically a cool guy before I heard the Matrix release which went from bootleg to official Doors release a few years ago-audio is not much better than a bootleg anyway-they say its 'really good audio' -right-I like Val Kilmer but not in this film somehow....what I said notwithstanding....I think the Hendrix story movie is probably a better bet. Expand
  3. Mar 16, 2015
    Kilmer's Morrison is frighteningly spot-on, but there doesn't seem to be any meat to the rest of Oliver Stone's "The Doors," a film that ultimately feels like an excuse for the director to employ gobs of his characteristically trippy imagery.
  4. Aug 10, 2013
    Excelente Peli el Rey del Rock increhible peli que concuerda con todos los documentales prosteriotes como When you strangen narrada por Jonny Depp
  5. Jan 12, 2014
    This movie shows the real depth of the hardcore rock and roll star of the 60s. Val Kilmer does a fantastic job as Jim Morrison, with spot on appearance and close to perfect vocals. This movie is deep and psychedelic that should keep the hardcore rock and roll fan interested throughout. This movie has a style unlike any other biopic.

1. The movie does a pretty good job with period ambience. But it's a long haul waiting for the hero to keel over.
    The experience of watching The Doors is not always very pleasant.
  3. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    Val Kilmer is extraordinary as Morrison, holding the centre with a demonic charisma, while Stone recreates the late '60s milieu with vibrant versimilitude.