The Dukes of Hazzard

4.4

1. LittleBit
    Aug 18, 2005
    I agree with Ryencoke, it was so hilarious and it was really cool. [especialy J. Knoxville] but it was great anyway.
  2. KeithR.
    Aug 19, 2005
    C'mon now. Give the Duke Boys some LOVE.
  3. JerryR.
    Aug 3, 2005
    Saw an advance screening thanks to the USO, loved the movie.. A lot of fun
  4. JonB.
    Aug 8, 2005
    How can you not love this movie? General Lee jumps things: check. Daisy Duke in...well...daisy dukes: check. Some comedy: check. Heck, they even made things blow up and looked like they had a hell of a time doing it. Prediction: haters start taking your medicine, this movie is going to make a ton of money on both ends. 10 yeeeehas out of 10.
  5. KD
    Dec 13, 2005
    I dont know why all the critics are so harsh. this is one of the funniest movies of 2005. its a good 'ol time.
  6. faisaln.
    Dec 25, 2005
    I love it.
  7. Ryencoke
    Aug 12, 2005
    I really enjoyed this movie. I don't know what you other guys are seeing. I found it to be hilarious.
  8. NickS.
    Loved it.
  9. MelanieT.
    Sep 16, 2005
    I thought it was excellent! i would see it again!
  10. Feb 16, 2013
    I don't believe I've ever laughed so hard at a movie as I did at The Dukes Of Hazzard. Do the math... the guy from Jackass, the guy from American Pies and Burt Reynolds (no stranger to car movie shenanigans remember. See The Cannonball Run) all in a movie version of the classic tv show. How are the Duke boys gonna get one over the local sherrif while avoiding the distractions of a coolI don't believe I've ever laughed so hard at a movie as I did at The Dukes Of Hazzard. Do the math... the guy from Jackass, the guy from American Pies and Burt Reynolds (no stranger to car movie shenanigans remember. See The Cannonball Run) all in a movie version of the classic tv show. How are the Duke boys gonna get one over the local sherrif while avoiding the distractions of a cool deep south car and their sexy cousin?? This is one laugh after another. And another. Even another. If this was one of the episodes of the show that inspired it, it'd be the best episode of it easy. Collapse
  11. MichaelG.
    Aug 5, 2005
    Read the Variety review and revise that number! That's a 70-80 because, like me, he enjoyed the film and thinks it basically works at what it sets out to do: make you laugh and go along for the wild cartoon ride.
  12. SusanM.
    Aug 9, 2005
    I'm not sure why everyone is so down on this movie! Iit was lots of fun - totally corny and silly, just like the original Dukes! I like the updated version, I would see it again.
  13. DavidS.
    Aug 5, 2005
    Car chases are some of the best I've ever seen. The movie starts off funny, gets really boring in the middle, and then ends with a lot of great jokes and action.
  14. AramisG.
    Aug 5, 2005
    While no relation to actual royalty, these crazy
  15. TylerD.
    Aug 7, 2005
    This is far from a bad movie. Sure, it has it's faults, but it has enough laughs to make someone say "That was a funny movie." It also has some great car scenes.
  16. LouisS.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Not the best movie ever but if you are a true Duke fan than you will enjoy it.
  17. TonyB.
    Aug 7, 2005
    No, it's not the greatest movie in the world, but it isn't terrible either. It's fun. It's not incredibly funny, but it's entertaining enough. It makes me sad to have it confirmed that the stiffler guy can really only play stiffler. Not a great movie...but it was fun, and certainly deserving of higher than a 4.6 /never saw the show //wasn't dumb enough to No, it's not the greatest movie in the world, but it isn't terrible either. It's fun. It's not incredibly funny, but it's entertaining enough. It makes me sad to have it confirmed that the stiffler guy can really only play stiffler. Not a great movie...but it was fun, and certainly deserving of higher than a 4.6 /never saw the show //wasn't dumb enough to compare the two. Expand
  18. WallyS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    It's fun all right, but it is so brainless that it makes you feel dumb that you actually liked a part of this. The actors have carisma, and Simpson has the legs, but I can always rent something else, the bad part is I saw this in the movie theatres, beware.
  19. ChuckY.
    Aug 6, 2005
    Goofy and fun. It's not an Academy Award contender by any means, but it's still worth the money that I paid. Don't go see it, though, if you just want to see Jessica Simpson. She looks great but gets little screen time; just about all of her scenes are in the trailers.

1. A bigger-louder-dumber take on that good ol' CBS hillbilly hit, the movie version of "The Dukes of Hazzard" starts off on the wrong foot and keeps heading, appropriately, south.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Loud, silly but kind of lame-brained fun with car chases aplenty, "Dukes" faithfully plays like an extended episode of the series, albeit with an additional gallon or so of fuel-injected raunchiness.
  3. Dukes insults not "family values," as the original Cooter claims, just general intelligence. Yee. Haw.