6.9

1. MitchS
    Apr 3, 2009
    This was a pretty decent little movie, but the incredible aspect of the film is Jason Ritter's performance as the absolutely brutal sociopath from the city who invades the little college town. When I saw his name in the opening credits, I never would have thought that he's play such a menacing role. That being said, the movie's true weakness was Jesse Eisenberg, who was This was a pretty decent little movie, but the incredible aspect of the film is Jason Ritter's performance as the absolutely brutal sociopath from the city who invades the little college town. When I saw his name in the opening credits, I never would have thought that he's play such a menacing role. That being said, the movie's true weakness was Jesse Eisenberg, who was difficult to watch for two hours with all of his eccentricities. Expand
  2. KathyS.
    May 10, 2009
    This is a thoughtful, sometimes witty, sometimes tense little movie with a slight sense of foreboding that kept me on the edge of my seat. I'd like to see a lot more from Jesse Eisenberg. I loved him in this and in "Adventureland." I hope he gets a lot of roles in different movies like this. Jason Ritter was a revelation.
  3. JayH
    Jun 27, 2009
    Good story, appealing performances from Jesse Eisenberg and Eva Amurri. It does lack focus sometimes but overall the film works.
  4. Feb 3, 2011
    A good solid piece that starts with a bang but unfortunately fails to develop. The opening party scene is enjoyable but the rest of the film lacks dynamics. Durst and Eisenberg are positively unspectacular which benefits our perception of Ritter's sociopath but the director is guilty of boring his audience and ultimately nothing happens which leaves me feeling unfulfilled. 59/100

1. Reviewed by: Vadim Rizov
    Durst and Elkoff deliver a nuanced scenario of class assimilation and resentment, then flub the ending.
  2. Ritter, who's like the young Ethan Hawke on a bender of violence, is an actor to watch.
  3. Another nicely understated performance from Jesse Eisenberg anchors this shambling drama.