8.3

1. Mar 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie. I loved yzma. She made me laugh the entire movie. It so retard and hilarious. I have no idea how the writers came up with the story for this movie
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    It's a good kids movie. Juts another creative Disney flick with good animation and fun characters, but not much more to offer than that. But the kids will enjoy it.
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    Just watched this movie again with the kids and my sides hurt laughing. I remember it being good but I forgot it was actually great. This has got to be THE funniest Disney Film ever. Totally underrated. I'm not sure why this movie didn't do better at the box office and is considered a "disappointment" in the Disney Animation pantheon along (lumped in with much lamer films like Treasure Planet and Atlantis).

This movie really should have been a Pixar CGI film. It has the adult humor and visual maturity of "Toy Story" or "Ratatouille." With a similar South American jungle setting as "Up", I could totally visualize full realized film. Pixar or Disney Animation should just take the VO soundtrack and recreate this film shot for shot in CGI.

The only major flaw I could see in this film is the title. "The Emperor's New Groove"? Really? That's the title they went with? You're telling me "Emperor Llama" wouldn't have tested better? Or to follow Disney's more recent one word naming convention, simply title it "Selfish".
  4. Jun 22, 2013
    I haven't seen this movie in years, but I can still envision all the hilarious scenes in this out of control movie. I loved every second of it. A movie that anybody can appreciate.
  5. Feb 16, 2013
    This is one of disneys best films, it's cartooney animation is stunning and beautiful, it has amazing voice acting, and the music is very catchy and memorable, this is another masterpiece by disney!
  6. Nov 23, 2012
    After Disney's run of "classic" animated tales, they finally decided to produce a flat-out cartoon. This effort isn't one of their strongest, since the storyline is quite ridiculous, but the writing produced many great snippets of dialog, especially for the character of "Kronk". Also, a cute touch is how the characters themselves resemble the actors supplying the voices. My overall impression is that of a combination of a Hope/Crosby "Road" picture, and an Abbott and Costello flick (with Spade positively filling the acerbic Abbott/Crosby role, and Goodman in the Costello/Hope character - though with a higher degree of attitude and self-esteem). My favorite part takes place within a restaurant/greasy-spoon, where the timing of the lines and the animation blends into a masterful bit of silliness. Actually, I'd say this film was written more for adults than for children, since much of the humor may be of a higher (lower?) level. Still, I'd think kids will enjoy the comical portraits. Expand
  7. Sep 2, 2012
    Emperor's New Grove is a great disney movie the should appeal to kids and adults. All the characters flow perfectly with each other. I really enjoyed the film form start to finish.
  8. May 3, 2012
    Now this is really funny. Animated films usually don't get much cooler than this. With a witty story, great characters, and creative cartoony animation, we have a masterpiece.
  9. Feb 18, 2012
    I loved this movie when I was a kid. Well, I still loving it, the jokes are fantastic, the plot is very good too, and I loved every character in this movie.
  10. Oct 5, 2011
    "The Emperor's New Groove" is a bright, cheerful movie that will excite the audience, old and young alike, with its undeniable thrills and adventures.
  11. Apr 7, 2011
    The only animated Disney movie other than "Lilo and Stitch," in the early 2000s that was a masterpiece. Verry witty, and hilarious throughout the entire movie.
  12. Nov 4, 2010
    not my favorite, but Patrick Warburton really cracked me up!
  13. Oct 4, 2010
    This film is laugh out loud hilarious! The script is brilliant and the storyline works in perfectly with the humour. Yzma and Kronk make one of the funniest duos ever brought to the screen and I'm surprised this film didn't get more attention than it received!

Refreshingly flirts with a very un-Disney political incorrectness.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    This is a fleet, funny family entertainment that should tickle parents as well as tykes.
    A spry and appealing film that throws off comic sparks with aplomb.