Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: December 15, 2000
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 172 Ratings
WATCH NOW
JudddyOct 4, 2010
This film is laugh out loud hilarious! The script is brilliant and the storyline works in perfectly with the humour. Yzma and Kronk make one of the funniest duos ever brought to the screen and I'm surprised this film didn't get more attentionThis film is laugh out loud hilarious! The script is brilliant and the storyline works in perfectly with the humour. Yzma and Kronk make one of the funniest duos ever brought to the screen and I'm surprised this film didn't get more attention than it received! Expand
MovieLonely94Nov 4, 2010
not my favorite, but Patrick Warburton really cracked me up!
lordjrsFeb 18, 2012
I loved this movie when I was a kid. Well, I still loving it, the jokes are fantastic, the plot is very good too, and I loved every character in this movie.
grandpajoe6191Oct 5, 2011
"The Emperor's New Groove" is a bright, cheerful movie that will excite the audience, old and young alike, with its undeniable thrills and adventures.
JakeH.Nov 13, 2005
One of Disney's best and funniest animated films.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
gm101Apr 7, 2011
The only animated Disney movie other than "Lilo and Stitch," in the early 2000s that was a masterpiece. Verry witty, and hilarious throughout the entire movie.
ZilcellMay 3, 2012
Now this is really funny. Animated films usually don't get much cooler than this. With a witty story, great characters, and creative cartoony animation, we have a masterpiece.
csw12Sep 2, 2012
Emperor's New Grove is a great disney movie the should appeal to kids and adults. All the characters flow perfectly with each other. I really enjoyed the film form start to finish.
Trev29Jun 22, 2013
I haven't seen this movie in years, but I can still envision all the hilarious scenes in this out of control movie. I loved every second of it. A movie that anybody can appreciate.
ballpark_frankNov 23, 2012
After Disney's run of "classic" animated tales, they finally decided to produce a flat-out cartoon. This effort isn't one of their strongest, since the storyline is quite ridiculous, but the writing produced many great snippets of dialog,After Disney's run of "classic" animated tales, they finally decided to produce a flat-out cartoon. This effort isn't one of their strongest, since the storyline is quite ridiculous, but the writing produced many great snippets of dialog, especially for the character of "Kronk". Also, a cute touch is how the characters themselves resemble the actors supplying the voices. My overall impression is that of a combination of a Hope/Crosby "Road" picture, and an Abbott and Costello flick (with Spade positively filling the acerbic Abbott/Crosby role, and Goodman in the Costello/Hope character - though with a higher degree of attitude and self-esteem). My favorite part takes place within a restaurant/greasy-spoon, where the timing of the lines and the animation blends into a masterful bit of silliness. Actually, I'd say this film was written more for adults than for children, since much of the humor may be of a higher (lower?) level. Still, I'd think kids will enjoy the comical portraits. Expand
18jcroneFeb 16, 2013
This is one of disneys best films, it's cartooney animation is stunning and beautiful, it has amazing voice acting, and the music is very catchy and memorable, this is another masterpiece by disney!
SEROJSep 5, 2016
This film was so funny that she only thing i didn't like was that i wanted more and it was too short. The story is also pretty predictable but the actual action thats going on isn't and thats may be some of the things that make this animationThis film was so funny that she only thing i didn't like was that i wanted more and it was too short. The story is also pretty predictable but the actual action thats going on isn't and thats may be some of the things that make this animation one of the funnies you watched! Expand
MovieGuysFeb 19, 2014
It's a good kids movie. Juts another creative Disney flick with good animation and fun characters, but not much more to offer than that. But the kids will enjoy it.
FreedomFightersOct 31, 2016
In an era where Disney was struggling to recapture the magic that led to their "Renaissance Era" in the 90's, "The Emperor's New Groove" stood out as a pretty great film. It's well-written, it's got some great characters, it's well-animatedIn an era where Disney was struggling to recapture the magic that led to their "Renaissance Era" in the 90's, "The Emperor's New Groove" stood out as a pretty great film. It's well-written, it's got some great characters, it's well-animated and it's pretty hilarious. For as little attention as it tends to receive, "The Emperor's New Groove' is an extremely entertaining film and a standout amongst Disney's more underwhelming 2000's films. Expand
MoondogNYCFeb 5, 2014
Just watched this movie again with the kids and my sides hurt laughing. I remember it being good but I forgot it was actually great. This has got to be THE funniest Disney Film ever. Totally underrated. I'm not sure why this movie didn't doJust watched this movie again with the kids and my sides hurt laughing. I remember it being good but I forgot it was actually great. This has got to be THE funniest Disney Film ever. Totally underrated. I'm not sure why this movie didn't do better at the box office and is considered a "disappointment" in the Disney Animation pantheon along (lumped in with much lamer films like Treasure Planet and Atlantis).

This movie really should have been a Pixar CGI film. It has the adult humor and visual maturity of "Toy Story" or "Ratatouille." With a similar South American jungle setting as "Up", I could totally visualize full realized film. Pixar or Disney Animation should just take the VO soundtrack and recreate this film shot for shot in CGI.

The only major flaw I could see in this film is the title. "The Emperor's New Groove"? Really? That's the title they went with? You're telling me "Emperor Llama" wouldn't have tested better? Or to follow Disney's more recent one word naming convention, simply title it "Selfish".
MissDraeMar 1, 2014
I really enjoyed this movie. I loved yzma. She made me laugh the entire movie. It so retard and hilarious. I have no idea how the writers came up with the story for this movie
The_hamurMay 4, 2015
This is gold! I laughed like an imbecile the whole time, and still do, at the very same jokes, because the movie makes you feel light and laugh comes with perfect timing. I feel terrible this movie was overlooked, and most of the fault is Disney's.
EpicLadySpongeApr 6, 2016
Can get a lot funnier than that, but despite that... what makes the Emperor's New Groove a beautiful Disney movie to watch is by the fact it behaves like one and it isn't like your average Disney work.
FuturedirectorFeb 22, 2017
Surprisingly inventive, funny and fast-paced, The Emperor's New Groove offers an enjoyable entertainment to any kind of audience. Disney fans will not be disappointed.