Columbia Pictures | Release Date: September 26, 2014
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 345 Ratings
Watch Now
easilyatchaJul 24, 2017
as always, denzel is great. saves this mess of a film. its boring but ****
i hate that it actually conveys a renegade on revenge without a thinking or logic underneith

66%
S1r-R34lMar 19, 2017
This is a nice reenvisioning of the Robert McCall character to bring him up to date. Denzel Washington does a good job of portraying this man of mystery and secrets. Always happy to help his work colleagues and the downtrodden... and a coldThis is a nice reenvisioning of the Robert McCall character to bring him up to date. Denzel Washington does a good job of portraying this man of mystery and secrets. Always happy to help his work colleagues and the downtrodden... and a cold calculating exterminator. The direction is sharp, the acting strong, and even though there are some holes in the story it's still entertaining. Hopefully, more will be revealed about McCall in future films. Expand
MeritCobaSep 11, 2016
This is certainly an amazing movie as it shows how great an actor Denzel Washinton is. A lot of credit should also go to Marton Csokas who is great as well and the cat and mouse play between the two is what makes the movie.
Washinton is a
Washinton is a former undercover agent who gets involved in a battle with the Russian mob. Csokas is a former Spetznaz who has to track down and remove the problem Washington.
The biggest flaw in the movie is that Washington is presented as an overconfident and overpowered killing machine who knows too much, with him killing a room full of enemies with just his bare hands to start out with in one of the dumbest scenes. And on the flip side: Csokas is soon revealed as a cliche brutish thug, which makes his first appearance, where he is smart, self-assured and cool a downer in hindsight.
Missing is also the obvious third player, the authorities(or journalist?) hunting the vigilante Washington and a love interest or other vulnerability for Washingon. Many movies know that when one makes someone overpowered, you need to a weakness to make up for it.
This makes the movie mostly boil down to Washington talking a lot to people, killing a lot of bad guys and Csokas being a brute.
The climax of the movie is great because of excellent soundtrack Vengeance by Zack Hemsey and it is a brilliant way of giving tension to the scenes. It also has Washington using the various power tools as deadly weapons.
The movie excels in great scenes, moody talks, finely tuned combat scenes and then gets hurt with Washington knowing too much, being too self-assured , being too overpowered and scenes that are ridiculous as the one that has him walking unarmed into a room with five thugs. Washington also never gets hurt until in the last scene.
This makes the movie unbalanced, despite the great acting. A pity.
SEROJMar 12, 2016
Action movies cliches celebrate together one of the most typical action movies ever! So predictable, so boring and disgusting at times. If fighting/shooting scenes are all you're looking for... go ahead.
MadMaxFuryRoadDec 7, 2015
Good solid Denzel film. The action scene in the trailer with timer is probably the best part of the entire film. I'm really excited for the sequel. However, I must say I was so excited for the film that when I left the packed theater, I wasGood solid Denzel film. The action scene in the trailer with timer is probably the best part of the entire film. I'm really excited for the sequel. However, I must say I was so excited for the film that when I left the packed theater, I was slightly disappointed. The villains were kind of weak and I wish the film had a better villain. Expand
Bruce722Oct 24, 2015
I had high hopes for this movie and, while it largely lived up to them, I felt there were some glaring flaws that could've easily been avoided, which would've resulted in a superior film. For one, Antoine Fuqua did a mediocre job with theI had high hopes for this movie and, while it largely lived up to them, I felt there were some glaring flaws that could've easily been avoided, which would've resulted in a superior film. For one, Antoine Fuqua did a mediocre job with the directing role. It almost felt like he had never directed a film in his entire life, found a list of all the cool camera tricks, angles, and cinematic effects, and felt compelled to include each and every one of them. How did this impact the movie? It made it seem as though it lacked any identity whatsoever. Secondly, there is a critical moment in the final major conflict resolution that is just terrible. To avoid spoilers, let's just say that the protagonist that had been established throughout the film makes a decision that he would never make. That, combined with the plot getting a little out of hand, made the last quarter or so of the movie hard to swallow. It wasn't all bad, however, as the rating should reflect. The acting was great and fighting sequences were done incredibly well. The build up and initial character and plot development were fantastic too. Unfortunately this film suffered from having a director who wanted to do everything instead of making a great movie. Expand
KenmeiOct 11, 2015
Extremely middle of the road movie and definitely not one of Denzel's finest moments. There's too much same old same old for me here and even that is not done very well. This movie is compared to Man on Fire alot, one of Denzel's finestExtremely middle of the road movie and definitely not one of Denzel's finest moments. There's too much same old same old for me here and even that is not done very well. This movie is compared to Man on Fire alot, one of Denzel's finest moments I think, and it doesn't hold a candle to that movie. Bout the only thing this movie has going for it is that it's easy to sit down and enjoy. How much you enjoy it really depends on your love of action and/or Denzel movies honestly but it's very easy to follow and it clearly does not want you thinking about the various plot holes too much. There are plenty of other Denzel movies to watch instead of this one. Stay far away from this clunker. Expand
DevilmathSep 27, 2015
What differentiates a trashy, loudly violent action film from an entertaining, genuine guilty pleasure? If there’s a line, The Equalizer walks on it like an acrobat on a tightrope. Antoine Fuqua’s most recent work establishes itself as aWhat differentiates a trashy, loudly violent action film from an entertaining, genuine guilty pleasure? If there’s a line, The Equalizer walks on it like an acrobat on a tightrope. Antoine Fuqua’s most recent work establishes itself as a crowd-pleaser, leaving spectators in awe, but every fluctuation between nonsense and coherency creates uneasiness and raises eyebrows. One might think: I hope this guy knows what he’s doing. Fuqua’s previous feature, Olympus Has Fallen (2013), felt like that too: an action packed thriller, forgoing all plot consistency, continuity and common sense for the sake of staging uncontrollable mayhem inside the White House. Since his deservedly acclaimed Training Day (2001), the American director has seemingly found it difficult to keep up with expectations. He has, nonetheless, always had good eye for action scenes, managing to build remarkable and gripping sequences. Much like some of his past works (King Arthur and Brooklyn’s Finest to name but a few), The Equalizer suffers the pains of lacklustre direction. The tasteless use of alarm clock shots to set temporal continuity, or the abundance of dull and redundant digressions, are only a couple of examples. Nevertheless, the film also offers great action, riveting exchanges, and a likeable, cathartic anti-hero.

Denzel Washington is Robert McCall, our anti-hero, the guy we’d all want in our neighbourhood watch. He tries to lead a normal life, but his past is quite ambiguous, as two minor characters conveniently point out at the very beginning of the film. We’re never quite sure what he used to do for a living, but we soon find out that he’s good at killing people. To compensate for his brute instincts, Robert has developed a form of OCD that forces him to put everything right. He obsessively checks the time, follows a strict routine, aligns surfaces, equalizes things. Self control, though, only lasts until a ruthless syndicate attacks his friend Teri, forcing him to put his skills back to use. Everyone on Robert’s path to justice (better called revenge) then becomes cannon fodder, in a bloody chase between him and the pitiless mobsters.

If you go see The Equalizer because you like the idea of good ol’ Denzel decimating the bad guys, you will be served, but don’t expect much more than that. There’s little substance beyond the already-held idea of righting all wrongs. There’s very little passion (let alone depth) in the canonical moral messages, clumsily delivered in the banal form of literary quotes. Chloe Grace Moretz and Marton Csokas do a decent job of playing Teri and Russian hired gun Teddy, but Washington outshines both, carrying the whole film on his shoulders with the usual talent. His character comes from an old TV series of the ‘80s, although die-hard fans claim that similarities end there. Washington’s Robert McCall is a half avenger half psychotic hitman, mixing Taken’s Liam Neeson and Unbreakable’s Bruce Willis. He has no real dramatic depth, but we still like him because we like to see the bad guys get beaten up. Whereas Training Day is all about discovering Washington’s Detective Alonzo Harris, appreciating his dark personality by observing his evolving attitude and actions, The Equalizer settles Robert’s background with two lines of dialogue. While Det. Harris is an Oscar-worthy protagonist with a powerful connection with the audience, Robert remains a tool, merely exploited to fuel the action on screen. If you’re planning to watch The Equalizer, prepare for a factitious thriller with unusual dark comedy shades. You’ll spend hours wondering if you liked it or not, before accepting that, in spite of everything, you actually enjoyed it.
BarbudezJul 20, 2015
"Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) es un ex-agente de alguna agencia chachi molona gubernamental que nunca sabemos cual es, que está retirado viviendo una vida normal trabajando en un Ikea, hasta que a una chotera buscona una joven prostituta"Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) es un ex-agente de alguna agencia chachi molona gubernamental que nunca sabemos cual es, que está retirado viviendo una vida normal trabajando en un Ikea, hasta que a una chotera buscona una joven prostituta (Chlöe Moretz), con la que habló con ella menos de 5 minutos, le pega una paliza su chulo, este señor va, se los carga y se mete en un lío con la mafia rusa"

Esto es The Equalizer, la nueva película de Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) y Denzel Washington, donde nos presenta un truño direct to DVD, digno del danés adicto a las luces de neón o de cualquier película con Steven Seagal o Dolph Lundgrend en la portada. The Equalizer durante toda la película intenta emular a Drive en todos los aspectos (salvo en las lucecitas de neón de lo cojones), es decir, una historia copiada de un film donde sólo lo encontrarías en el videoclub de la esquina o puesta en la cartelera de algún cine de verano de Torremolinos, un protagonista plano y sin desarrollo, con pocas lineas de dialogo y que en su tercer acto... contiene mucha violencia, para intentar destacar de los demás ñordos de su mismo calibre... que casualidad, parece que estoy haciendo una reseña de Drive

Denzel Washington, que es un buen actor no lo olvidemos, hace un personaje indigno para su talento, Robert Mc Call tiene un desarrollo nulo, escaso, vacio y simplón, simplemente es verle matando a malosos y soltando frases gilipollescas dignas de un manual de autoayuda.

Debo destacar que la ultima parte del film, Denzel se convierte en un slasher, matando a malosos de maneras dignas de Viernes 13, donde ya dejas de tomartela en serio y solo te descojonas hasta que se te desencaja la mandibula. El reparto, Moretz solo sale...¡¡¡ 5 minutos!!! y cameos de caducados como Bill Pulman. El único que mas o menos actúa bien es el villano (que es el tío que hizo de Celeborn en El Señor de los Anillos), al principio borda un papel incomodo, cruel hasta desagradable (la escena de los irlandeses te deja mal cuerpo), pero con el paso del film, ese villano se convierte en un villano genérico de pelis de Steven Seagal.

En conclusión, un film de sobremesa, vacio, hueco, genérico sin nada destacable mas que violencia gratuita y actores de relativa calidad, para que salga a cines y no donde se merece, directa a Antena 3.

The Equalizer, Próximamente en tu autobús de La Sepulvenada más cercano.
GentM2015Jun 17, 2015
The Equalizer is stylish and fun.The action is amazing,and so is the acting.Overall has a good message and has Danzel Washington kicking ass.What more could you ask for ?
PeterAlexanderJun 14, 2015
Dark, gritty, outrageous and at times powerful, The Equalizer is certainly a film worth watching. Denzel Washington and Chloe Grace Moretz star in what is a sadly realistic portrayal of the American underworld, particularly focusing on theDark, gritty, outrageous and at times powerful, The Equalizer is certainly a film worth watching. Denzel Washington and Chloe Grace Moretz star in what is a sadly realistic portrayal of the American underworld, particularly focusing on the issue of sex trafficking. The film is at times painful and disturbing to watch, however, it is necessary in presenting an accurate representation of such aspects. Denzel plays his role extremely powerfully, adding to the tense drama with moments of subtle comedic humour and outrageously unnecessary acts of violence. With the addition of well developed antagonists, the film questions our sense of morals expertly. Expand
DANIELW45Jun 7, 2015
The equalizer is a good action revenge film. Denzel does a chilling interpretation of the cold and calculating protagonist of the film. Sadly, the plot to the film is a bit lose on the ground which lets the film down.
Brainstorm123Jun 1, 2015
Denzel can etch another mark into his decorated career with The Equalizer; which is the best film and best thriller of 2014. I think that, while it takes a while to take off, when it gets going the story is very compelling, and draws you in.Denzel can etch another mark into his decorated career with The Equalizer; which is the best film and best thriller of 2014. I think that, while it takes a while to take off, when it gets going the story is very compelling, and draws you in. The action sequences are very well thought out, and amazing to watch. The best being the hardware store scene. Not to mention that the soundtrack is superb. Denzel offers a memorable take on the classic in the English series, with a stellar performance. He even packs in some intelligent humour. Overall, this is an action film that will have you hooked until the end. Expand
Tss5078Mar 30, 2015
The Equalizer was one of the most underrated shows of the 1980s, it was a great show, but it always lacked a certain intensity that the lead character needed. In this 2014 film adaptation of the series, Director, Antoine Fuqua, made sure thatThe Equalizer was one of the most underrated shows of the 1980s, it was a great show, but it always lacked a certain intensity that the lead character needed. In this 2014 film adaptation of the series, Director, Antoine Fuqua, made sure that didn't happen again. Denzel Washington stars and can play anyone, but I find he's at his best when he's playing a dark loner like Robert McCall. McCall, a former CIA operative has retired and is attempting to live a normal life. Everything is going as planned, until he sees a young girl being abused, and decides to take action. McCall believe he's just going up against a local pimp, but discovers it's a lot more complicated than that. Washington continues to be at the top of his game, as the ageless wonder is once again spectacular. This film is everything I loved about the series, with a whole lot more action and intensity. Director, Antoine Fuqua, has been on a role after films like Training Day, Shooter, and Olympus Has Fallen, and he has become THE guy when it comes to action films. Playing off an established franchise and paired with Denzel Washington, The Equalizer has come back to life and is one of the most refreshing action films I've seen in a long time. Sometimes with a different team, what was once old, can become new again, and I was practically jumping out of my seat with excitement. As far as the continuation of the series goes, Fuqua is in the early stages of a sequel. It may not be a new TV series, but it's still something exciting for the fans, and I for one can't wait to see more. Expand
MattBrady99Mar 10, 2015
Robert McCall: "Progress. Not Perfection".

Robert McCall: "Progress. Not Perfection".

The story is about a former black ops commander has settled down in Boston - having faked his own death in order to enjoy a normal life. But when a young girl gets herself in trouble, his need for justice brings him out of retirement - even if it means going up against a group of dangerous Russian gangsters.

I always like Denzel Washington in every movie that he was in. He always brings that cocky, smart-ass, know it all kind of person; and The Equalizer is nothing different. Denzel in this movie is a pure bad-ass that will end your life if he had to, just like Liam Neeson from Taken. The villain in this movie is pretty much the same villain that I've seen in every other Russian gangsters mob movies out there. The movie towards they end dragged a little bit for me.

But overall I still think this movie was entertaining film with a lot of cool stuff with Denzel. It's not a perfect movie, but the film knows what it is and it goes for it.
Movi3R3vi3werMar 10, 2015
I kind of loved this movie. No really, I did! This is one of the most enjoyable action thrillers I’ve seen all of last year and it featured Denzel Washington in his top form and showcasing that he is capable of playing these type of actionI kind of loved this movie. No really, I did! This is one of the most enjoyable action thrillers I’ve seen all of last year and it featured Denzel Washington in his top form and showcasing that he is capable of playing these type of action roles, which he really should do more of. Expand
royphishoohMar 1, 2015
Reasonably entertaining action film with a competent performance from Denzel Washington. I feel I must comment about the astonishingly bad performance by Marton Csokas as the principal villain. Not since David Harewood in Homeland have weReasonably entertaining action film with a competent performance from Denzel Washington. I feel I must comment about the astonishingly bad performance by Marton Csokas as the principal villain. Not since David Harewood in Homeland have we seen such truly appalling acting. Marton Csokas is suffering from ANTS - Absolutely No Talent Syndrome. I fear Mr Csokas will soon be working at the home supply store we saw featured in the movie, though I doubt he would be effective there either. Expand
KelphyFeb 11, 2015
A little cliche? Maybe so. What I do not see very often these days is great action movies and this one fulfilled what the cliche action movie fans wanted! This is a must see if you want to see an action that us action movie fanatics haveA little cliche? Maybe so. What I do not see very often these days is great action movies and this one fulfilled what the cliche action movie fans wanted! This is a must see if you want to see an action that us action movie fanatics have sorely missed. Expand
ThegodfathersonJan 29, 2015
The Equalizer was a knockout. Washington was brilliant and Mortez was mesmerizing. The action is by far, the best I saw in 2014. Director Antione Faqua, who brought us action marvel- Olympus Has Fallen and tense thriller- Training Day, comesThe Equalizer was a knockout. Washington was brilliant and Mortez was mesmerizing. The action is by far, the best I saw in 2014. Director Antione Faqua, who brought us action marvel- Olympus Has Fallen and tense thriller- Training Day, comes with a story of a man with a violent past trying to settle down in his new job, while getting tangled with Russian mobsters along the way. The dynamic performance by Denzel Washington is what holds this movie together, along with the action. The Equalizer is a powerhouse movie, that deserves a buy on BluRay. Expand
ToffenuffJan 6, 2015
This is a good action drama movie. I'm a sucker for the quiet, unassuming, and underestimated heroes. I'm also a sucker for pretty much anything Denzel Washington stars in since he's one of my favorite actors. Worth a watch.
BrianMcCriticJan 4, 2015
A fairly good action film that was about 20 minutes to long. Every time you see Denzel Washington on screen you forget just how awesome he is and in this film it's no different. My main issue would be some scenes just seemed thrown in thereA fairly good action film that was about 20 minutes to long. Every time you see Denzel Washington on screen you forget just how awesome he is and in this film it's no different. My main issue would be some scenes just seemed thrown in there and had very little to do with the plot. In the end Denzel is worth the recommendation. B Expand
KastleJan 3, 2015
I liked this movie WAY better when it was called 'Man on Fire'. It was almost the exact same story except instead of killing Mexican cartel he was killing Russian mob to get revenge for a young girl. Hope Denzel decides to make some moreI liked this movie WAY better when it was called 'Man on Fire'. It was almost the exact same story except instead of killing Mexican cartel he was killing Russian mob to get revenge for a young girl. Hope Denzel decides to make some more unique films again. Expand
hadioushiJan 3, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At first you'd think this movie was well thought of. But the more you watch the less you feel for the characters. In the beginning, the story is emotional with all the sad tales and you'd actually have some sympathy for the characters. But then the whole movie loses it's purpose after the protagonist (Denzel) starts killing people. Moretz is nowhere to be seen even though she's one of the main reasons this is happening. Towards the end, it was plain awful. He just heartlessly kills everyone in such brutal manner that the trouble the thugs caused didn't even compete. Just another cliche action movie Expand
AGarcia732Dec 31, 2014
The Equalizer is "revenge-porn", but not much else. Maybe "The Equalizer" just isn't my cup of tea, but I'm surprised it got as many favorable reviews as it did. The movie felt kind of aimless, pointless, and unmeaningful IMO (just asThe Equalizer is "revenge-porn", but not much else. Maybe "The Equalizer" just isn't my cup of tea, but I'm surprised it got as many favorable reviews as it did. The movie felt kind of aimless, pointless, and unmeaningful IMO (just as Robert's life was portrayed in the film). Robert McCall is just a widowed man living through the motions, not doing much except visiting diners at 2 AM, reading all the books on a list of 100 classic "must-read" novels, chatting politely with strangers, helping people out, and keeping his apartment very clean. Robert (and the movie) have no sense of clear direction or purpose. And suddenly comes the one (actually, multiple people/events) destined to send him back into his old ways, and one thing leads to another. Besides exacting brutal justice on helpless goons with his "very particular set of skills" and simultaneously leaving lots of very obvious loose ends that are just BOUND to catch up with him, (enforcer & problem-solver/Russian villain) Teddy also impulsively kills for no reason! (He murders a Irish mob boss, which SHOULD start a gang war, but doesn't.)

There are quite a bit of reckless actions done throughout this movie, and most of them hard to ignore. Besides the aforementioned logical fallacies, its hard to believe that of all the times Robert McCall witnessed injustice in his life (since having faked his own death as a former black ops commando), one random act of violence perpetrated against a stranger makes him go back to his former ways. NOTHING before that ever even slightly tempted him to exact violent and brutal justice? If he could so easily do good (as he takes down baddies and cripples a criminal empire with ease), why hadn't he done it before?

The film has action and gore, yet even that fails to be entertaining--as Denzel/Robert is far too badass to ever even feel threatened. He seems super-human, which makes it hard for you to connect/relate to him. Victims in the movie don't have enough development to have the audience sympathize with them. As the action is not suspenseful, the plot hard to believe, and the characters underdeveloped/only used to advance the plot, The Equalizer doesn't have much going for it. It's too long and mundane. It doesn't even bring much new material to the table, similarly to Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Both do little to establish themselves as different from the many movies out there. The Equalizer is too reminiscent of other vigilante/action films (TAKEN!), and it even reminds me of Home Alone (mostly during the finale)! Denzel's acting style is the only saving grace of the movie.

Remember the Titans, Man on Fire, and 2 Guns were better Denzel Washington films, and Olympus Has Fallen was a more satisfying product from director Antoine Fuqua. I don't hate "The Equalizer", but it was a "flimsy pretext" stretched to last two hours and filled with meaningless violence (mostly used to establish the film as grisly and dark). It's a "rejected Taken plotline" repurposed to give Sony an unnecessary action movie franchise. This should remain a stand-alone film. It honestly doesn't warrant a sequel. I hate to say this, but "The Equalizer" feels like a "regurgitated cash-grab".

I have reviewed 36 other movies, including the 2014 films: The Interview, Exodus: Gods and Kings, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, Dracula Untold, The Maze Runner, The Expendables 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Giver, Sharknado 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Edge of Tomorrow, X-Men Days of Future Past, Godzilla, Blended, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Divergent, Transcendence, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, The Lego Movie, and more.

I review TV shows, such as: The Flash, Arrow (Season 3), Gotham, The Last Ship, Sleepy Hollow, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (Season 1 and 2), The 100, I Wanna Marry Harry, Crisis, Gang Related, and more. I also have reviewed the mobile Android games: Minecraft Pocket Edition, Clash of Clans, and Five Night's at Freddy's.

(P.S, some of the quotes are from other online text sources.)
WheelzFourReelzDec 28, 2014
This movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, but The Equalizer is a very fun and brutal time at the theater with some great performance and some awesome action scenes. Just expect to cringe every once in a while.
charmanestarrDec 18, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am compelled to write a review about this movie because it struck me near the end that this had a message in it, an important philosophical one. It may appear as a standard action movie to some. Big star role, violence, guns, and explosions may be all this appears. If one pays attention and tries to look closer you will see that the message in the movie may be the same message that the book "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison was trying to portray. I say this not only because of how the movie was directed, the plot, etc, but I say this also because near the end of the film, the main character (Denzel) was shown with this book. It was zoomed in on to get clear full screen view of the title and author, this of course is of no mistake.
I looked up the book and it appears to be one of great importance, a classic (1953), has a great message, and has received great awards. My final conclusion for the film is that the director was likely inspired by the "Invisible Man" and wanted to tell an interesting story portraying a similar message in a radically different way. From this perspective I believe this movie could be marked down as a future classic with a convincing message that is wonderfully directed. Denzel always does fine work, but this one is really up there. The director also deserves much praise and recognition.
Rango007ahDec 15, 2014
this movie was normal is good to see for one time but the soundtracks was amazing also denzel was using the cold weapons for kiling the enemy that was the only diffrent of this movie
Tessara_VejganDec 14, 2014
Surprisingly good move that came out of nowhere. Story is nothing new or revolutionary. Acting is good. It was a fun watch with lots of action and carnage.
ApolscDec 13, 2014
"Man on fire, expendable edition" if you wanted more of those fun scenes where Denzel humillated corrupted mexican polititians or thugs well this movie is just about that. It barely has a story, Denzel is a one man army ready to destroy the"Man on fire, expendable edition" if you wanted more of those fun scenes where Denzel humillated corrupted mexican polititians or thugs well this movie is just about that. It barely has a story, Denzel is a one man army ready to destroy the whole Russian crime organization. Really bad and excesively long. Expand
HaithamBDec 13, 2014
The Equalizer is shriveled in plot; where it is mundane and salvaged. Denzel Washington is the 10 of this movie, and is desperately trying to deliver fun action, he succeeds always.