6.5

1. Jul 6, 2011
    so many horror films are the usaul formula . some whacko with some form of wepon goes on a rampage killing abunch of people with there being no focus but on blood and guts and all the scares seen coming a mile away. this movie is differnt . its a well told story with great acting and kept me on the edge of my seat on what was gona happen next. the scares dont come at you every second .so many horror films are the usaul formula . some whacko with some form of wepon goes on a rampage killing abunch of people with there being no focus but on blood and guts and all the scares seen coming a mile away. this movie is differnt . its a well told story with great acting and kept me on the edge of my seat on what was gona happen next. the scares dont come at you every second . instead its more of a pace that builds up slow and picks up then stops for awhile then picks back up again . its more of a drama horror film which is welcome to me. if you wana see a bunch of blood and guts and teens girls running around with there tops off .. see some thing els . if you wana see more of a intellegent horror film see this. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2012
    This is (for now) the only film about an exorcism that I found very disturbing and original after The Exorcist. Based on a true story the film manages to keep tension in the spectator filled with moments of suspense, good actors and a very good director. To see.

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    Some genuine shocks punctuate The Exorcism of Emily Rose, an unusually intelligent genre item that manages to mix full-bore horror with courtroom drama.
  2. Derrickson's flick can sour your stomach with piety, which is a shame -- its moments of jolt wattage rate with many J-horrors.
    Part courtroom drama, part otherworldly shocker, the film basically restages the Scopes Monkey Trial and comes out once more against Mr. Darrow, and it's got the spine-twisting, tongues-speaking, devil-channeling hellion to prove it.