7.0

1. Sep 9, 2012
    The first was alright, good enough where when I heard about this sequel, it caught my attention. Then today I finally went to see it. I'm not sure if shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Homeland or Dexter, has ruined everything that doesn't have the high level, quality content that these shows have, or if this movie was actually very bad when it comes to content. Don't get meThe first was alright, good enough where when I heard about this sequel, it caught my attention. Then today I finally went to see it. I'm not sure if shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Homeland or Dexter, has ruined everything that doesn't have the high level, quality content that these shows have, or if this movie was actually very bad when it comes to content. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting a MASTERPIECE, but I was expecting some excitement . It honestly seemed like a Call of Duty movie, with a stacked cast. The movie is mainly action sequence after action sequence, strung together by irrelevant conversations with poor writing with constant jokes that try WAY too hard. Honestly, don't bother, I wont stop you, I just want to inform you, It's not very good Expand
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    Absolutely useless. it's got every single actor who doesn't know what acting means starring in it. Just giving in to the masses with explosions and verbal diarrhea.
  3. Aug 17, 2012
    No the best movie I've seen action is not very intense don' t really feel physically exhilirated. Story line was average but could be better and should also be a bit longer duration.
  4. Dec 15, 2012
    absolutely atrocious movie on so many levels. I love mindless action but the dialogue is so good awful that I wince with nearly every line. Cliches flying around left right and center. And how the hell are none of them getting shot? They're running around in the open like a bunch of **** making loads of noise, there's no way these guys would last five minutes in the field. Ok the specialabsolutely atrocious movie on so many levels. I love mindless action but the dialogue is so good awful that I wince with nearly every line. Cliches flying around left right and center. And how the hell are none of them getting shot? They're running around in the open like a bunch of **** making loads of noise, there's no way these guys would last five minutes in the field. Ok the special effects are good and the deaths are realistic but as the film has no substance the violence just seems gratuitous and pointless. Great, well done Sly, you can accurately depict a mans head being blown to pieces, but can you make a decent film? No. Not since Rambo 4. Van Damme bagged this film 1 star from me by just being in it though. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2012
    Although this film should be considered to be one of the worst movies of the year for it's horrible acting pointless dialogue and possibly the dumbest and most cliche story ever, it should be noted that some of it's self aware humor does land. For example Chuck Norris telling a joke about himself. I couldnt stop laughing.
  6. Aug 29, 2012
    Once upon a time there was a group of filmmakers that did something special at the time. They blew stuff up! Genius! Specially in the 80s. Coming out of the decade-long homage to dialogue that was the 70s (translation: they had no money for effects in the 70s, so they had to use language; who knew?!) And hence the invention of the summer blockbuster.
    Cut to the dawn of the 21st century.
    Cut to the dawn of the 21st century. Where, at this point, we have seen so many things, people, and/or aliens, get blown to bits in such a variety of both creative and absurdly implausible ways that audiences actually forget that the actors in a dramatic endeavor are supposed to get hired for their skill to convince you that they are someone else, not because they look awesome blasting everything in sigh to smithereens. Plus, somehow, now they all look far too sexy to kill anyone. There's a long-forgotten photo shoot they all escaped from apparently.
    In any case and back to my point. My apologies. I'm getting lost just out of the sheer stupidity that seems to be happening in cinema lately. On to Expendables 2...
    I'll clue you in on something blatantly obvious about the title of the "Expendable" series. The title. It means, and I quote: 'Designed to be used only once and then abandoned or destroyed.' ... Are you guys out there catching on yet? ... First of all there is a sequel, and second, they are all there, plus a few extra guys and a girl on top of that... Soooo? Who or what was actually expendable?
    I mean, I get that we are supposed to be dumb and jump for joy every change crap gets shot to tears, but, if we look closely at this film, we must be the dumbest people around! Specially because the movies is holding on the top weekend spot for the second week in a row and there are plans to make a second.
    I should probably tell you a bit of what actually goes on in this madness of semi-comedic testosterone. I have to warn you, there are some spoilers ahead.
    The film opens with such an insane action scene that it's impossible not to envision these guys as the strongest military force on the surface of this planet-and probably beyond, but the aliens haven't weighed in yet. Let's face it, when you are this good, any government would hire you at top dollar and you wouldn't have to live in hiding.
    Continuing on with what's presented on the first ten minutes of the picture. Let's point out a few fun details. For example, how these "ex-military geniuses" dress in no way like any military force anyone has ever seen. Or the completely impractical, post-apocalyptic design of their custom-made vehicles. And how about their well thought-out military intelligent strategy to rescue someone with a gun to their head by driving violently through wall after wall. Sure, why not. I guess that would never put a subject at risk. To make it even funnier, the enemy just stands there waiting to get shot! As if our "experts" are not being blatantly loud enough! ... Good comedy from the start.
    Look, this is not the 80s. When simply blowing a cute little car would draw audiences to theaters en mass. This is 2012, where carefully crafted military based video games sit in the consoles of almost every member of your potential audience. You have to treat us as if we were only partially stupid, not flat out dumb. Any 14 year old with a copy of MW3 at home can do this better... Twice... While holding ice cream and texting their 16 year old girlfriend... That was meant for the marketing guys at the studio. 'You guys listening?'
    This would probably be a good spot to stop, but since I'm having so much fun, I'll keep going.
    A personal peeve was the "appearances" of celebrities. Starting with Jet Li. For the record. I love the guy. I think "Hero" is one of the coolest movies around. However, even though he is in every single piece of marketing for this film, he is literally in it for less than ten minutes total screen time (go for it, clock it.) He says a couple of cliché lines and then drops off the plane. Just like that. The funny thing is I was watching this happen and I said to myself. Hey! Look, that's how the studio drops a couple million dollars down the drain. Off it goes. Byyyyyye!
    Another good one is Chuck Norris. Or the "Lone Wolf" as they call him. A name that I find very appropriate since he's in the movie even less than Jet Li. But at least Mr. Li had some kind of believable involvement in the plot,if you can fathom that... Basically there is a scene where everyone of our guys is trapped by an overwhelming force, and I mean, so large that they are going down. There is even a tank bearing down on them. No way, no how they survive... Until Mr. Norris arrives... In a split second, literally, everyone is machine gunned down and the tank blows up. Kaputs! Like that. As if they weren't even there... Not bad for a guy you can catch on TV after 2 am hustling exercise equipment. Wow...
  7. Sep 1, 2012
    This could have alternately been called Men Who Look Like Thugs and the addition of Maggie does little to dissipate the testosterone fog. The characters are all underdeveloped, they
  8. Aug 30, 2012
    Full Review : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feQcW3a3KE

Full Review : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4feQcW3a3KE

Its one up on the original, its definitely better than that, its got some great action, it has got all the familiar faces, its has all the toppings of the blockbuster commercial film, it has even got the presence of three bigwigs Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and of course Sylvester Stallone himself. The team is back in action in this film.

While it is great to see all of them come together in fact there are some of the best moments in the film when you actually see those three big wigs on screen together. Its quiet an awesome feeling. The first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes are probably the only big reason i would actually recommend going to see this in a theater but apart from that i am going to have to say that even though the film has a lot of one liners has attempts at comedy, has all the elements that are required in an action film without of course giving us really any substance or meat to sink our teeth into because thats not really what an action blockbuster is all about. I still feel that i can not recommend this one and can not tell you to waste your money and go and watch it in theaters. I just feel that we have seen all of this before in terms of the plot, the one liners, the attempts of comedy & the mission, its all very very tried and familiar.

They set out on a mission, they have obstacles, ends up being about revenge, there is a female thrown into picture to join the team. There is one thing that i liked about the film was that there was a lot of laughing at oneself in which stallone did a good job yet i feel that he just underestimates an audience's expectations. When you have bigwigs like Stallone, Bruce Willis you just expect a little more.

I am sorry i am just going to say go and watch a video game instead or go watch Die Hard or Terminator or any of the Rocky series for now Ira Say's "TRASH IT".
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    I enjoyed The Expendables 1 a lot more than this one. One of the main let-downs for The Expendables 2 is that the CGI is horribly done. Its really bad. Now, most of the time I don't notice CGI in most films, but they just made it flat out obvious and disappointing. The worst part is the budget for this film was $100 MILLION... Yet still horrible CGI. I know they had to use it in one partI enjoyed The Expendables 1 a lot more than this one. One of the main let-downs for The Expendables 2 is that the CGI is horribly done. Its really bad. Now, most of the time I don't notice CGI in most films, but they just made it flat out obvious and disappointing. The worst part is the budget for this film was $100 MILLION... Yet still horrible CGI. I know they had to use it in one part because 'environmentalists complained that filming could damage the cave and endangered species' fair enough...

Anyway, aside from the CGI the film has a few funny one liners here and there obviously. The dialogue between the action scenes is nothing special really... There's no real storyline, aside from saving a person and seeking revenge.

Overall the film is disappointing, for me at least. There could had been so much more potential especially with the budget.
  10. Sep 10, 2012
    This movie is bad, just plain bad. Entertaining? Perhaps, in some way, for a fraction of the population. The movie intends to be a throwback to old 80s macho action (as did the first) and yet it completely lacks their genuine charm. The story is cliche and predictable, and the dialogue is not funny or even cute, but cringe worthy. If it is worthy of anything, it is being able toThis movie is bad, just plain bad. Entertaining? Perhaps, in some way, for a fraction of the population. The movie intends to be a throwback to old 80s macho action (as did the first) and yet it completely lacks their genuine charm. The story is cliche and predictable, and the dialogue is not funny or even cute, but cringe worthy. If it is worthy of anything, it is being able to decipher that Stallone's IQ is probably somewhere in the low 90s. The action is admittedly impressive at times, though it gets repetitive and since our heroes will always dominate it becomes worthless towards the end. Expand
  11. Nov 27, 2012
    This movie has an all star cast who basically all phoned in their performances. I thought it would be a halfway entertaining thriller but instead it turned out to be a world vacation for the actors. Most of them smirked all the way through the film. It was boring, trite and I would have walked out but I was already home.
  12. Jul 27, 2013
    This was a movie that should have never been made. The Expendables 2 has somehow managed to be even worse than the original. This movie consists of one thing and one thing only, over-the-top action for simple minded people. Besides the movie's sad attempt at story, the only other laughable thing is the handful of nods toward popular works from these "superstar" actors.
  13. Aug 25, 2013
    This is the most stupid comedy. We laughed a lot. Director a complete moron. Though he'd read about Russia, if the brain itself is not. All filmed about Russia complete nonsense. Never in Russia do not have anything like that shot in the film: the city, the building, advertising, people, language, form all And the comparison with the Russian language Ukrainian and yet somehow with fetaThis is the most stupid comedy. We laughed a lot. Director a complete moron. Though he'd read about Russia, if the brain itself is not. All filmed about Russia complete nonsense. Never in Russia do not have anything like that shot in the film: the city, the building, advertising, people, language, form all And the comparison with the Russian language Ukrainian and yet somehow with feta could only come up with a real jerk. Expand
  14. Oct 18, 2013
    This film is the Michael Jackson to my childhood's Macauley Culkin. That being said, my rating policy dictates that any film featuring Arnie automatically qualifies for an extra point so 4/10 it is.

1. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Aug 27, 2012
    Anyone who soldiered through "The Expendables," two years ago, will be touched, and a little surprised, to learn that there is more to expend. [3 Sept. 2012, p.79]
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Aug 22, 2012
    Why make a new mediocrity when the old ones are still so much more fun to watch?
  3. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Aug 22, 2012
    It's like a bath of stale testosterone as these Hollywood tough guys from the '80s swap references to their most famous movie lines. Their individual entrances are the primary pleasure of The Expendables 2.