Anthem Pictures | Release Date: March 8, 2006
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 11 Ratings
Watch Now
LeighS.Mar 13, 2006
A definite indie classic. You must go see.
MitchellB.Mar 13, 2006
There's still hope for passionate, talented, dedicated independent filmmakers. The film provides a completely humanistic look at soldiers at war. Great ensemble acting from a large multinational cast in three languages, amazing There's still hope for passionate, talented, dedicated independent filmmakers. The film provides a completely humanistic look at soldiers at war. Great ensemble acting from a large multinational cast in three languages, amazing production values, humor, pathos, tragedy. It looks like a fine foreign film, only the movie was actually made in Brooklyn! Rumor has it that it cost far less than the reported "less than one million dollars", to make. To paraphrase THE FALLEN review in the New York Post, if only those pea brains in Hollywood would see this movie, they might learn a thing or two. I've seen the movie several times, and it gets better and more nuanced with each viewing. I only hope that others get to see it. Keep making making quality movies Ari Taub. Expand
ScottR.Nov 19, 2006
Taub's take is one of a kind...no obvious precedent...will he strike again? Real reel lovers want to put him on our shoulders and carry him to Hollywood...should we? Next film Ari...do it again...show us you have the muse that moves us.
RobertB.Apr 12, 2006
This is a unique Point-of-View narrative; it's more character driven than big plot oriented. It challenges your own loyalty to the characters as the characters struggle with their sense of loyalty.
MackeroJun 1, 2012
I bought this film from Tesco for £3. I've never felt so badly ripped off in my entire life. The quotes on the box describe it as a winner of multiple film festivals, and the quote, from the "The Reeler" on the box states "SavingI bought this film from Tesco for £3. I've never felt so badly ripped off in my entire life. The quotes on the box describe it as a winner of multiple film festivals, and the quote, from the "The Reeler" on the box states "Saving Private Ryan, but even better"

Don't believe the lies on the box, or the ridiculously high scores given by the other reviews on this site. This film is pure garbage. Without a doubt, the most terrible film I've ever seen.

In fact so terrible; that after contemplating giving this DVD to the charity shop, I decided not to, as I felt the negative effect it would have on a future charity shop customer, might put them off giving to charity again.
In the end I had no choice but to shred this DVD and burn it , so offensive to the eye it was; and it was the only way to be sure that no-one else would have to be afflicted by seeing that DVD.

This film has completely destroyed my faith in the quality of supermarket budget film sections, and the ability of major chain buyers. The box quote should read â