8.4

1. JackP.
    Mar 1, 2001
    It was a very poor attempt to mix "A Christmas Carol" with "Sliding Doors"... in one word - dull.
  2. TedB.
    Aug 20, 2001
    The poster for the movie said "Hilarious!"--- it wasn't. Nicolas Cage and Tea Leone have incredible chemistry, and the movie is at times very touching. Had I not gone into this one expecting something "Hilarious!" perhaps I would not have been so disappointed.
  3. TylerC.
    Jul 7, 2004
    The worst part of this movie was the ending. I would have given anything to have millions of dollars and be single. Also, I don't know any woman who would have been mad at him for getting a huge apartment building in New York City that he could get rent free while getting an executive job without even asking her. What a surprise honey! You don't have to work a day in your life The worst part of this movie was the ending. I would have given anything to have millions of dollars and be single. Also, I don't know any woman who would have been mad at him for getting a huge apartment building in New York City that he could get rent free while getting an executive job without even asking her. What a surprise honey! You don't have to work a day in your life anymore! Why would she want him to be a tire salesman in the burbs when he could have so much more? She held him back so much. The character deserved better! Expand
  4. S.Fitzgerald
    Mar 1, 2001
    What a load of old bollix! Its takes a really lame film to turn my stomach, but this one did it. Its a very poor attempt at "Sliding Doors." What's worse, by the end you are convinced he is making the wrong choice! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
  5. Jun 8, 2014
    Surprised by the negative reviews from critics, I actually found this movie really enjoyable. I suppose it's a guilty pleasure of mine! It's funny at times, touching and sad. I understand that the movie could have been better, but even so, the storyline is good and the acting decent. It's a nice holiday movie and would definitely recommend.
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    A fantastic movie. Do you want to feel the magic of emotions? Watch this movie opening your heart... Much more better than "Sliding doors", another planet. Trust me, enjoy this movie...
  7. AustinR.
    Oct 12, 2001
    For me, the film brilliantly explored the interface between fantasy and reality showing how the imaginative world can impact on the real.
  8. JamieK.
    Feb 24, 2001
    Nicolas Cage sure is a great actor! His expressions on his face were great to make audience feel what he really feels. If you are big Nic Fan, dont miss this one.
  9. MaryZ.
    Feb 9, 2001
    Entertaining enough, Cage is charming.
  10. Romanski
    Mar 7, 2003
    Everyone who does not like this movie has forgotten what dreams are all about. Most of us would like to have that kind of family.To those who do not like that movie: I think your are only alone and crumpy!
  11. PatC.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Instantly forgettable.
  12. EconomistBR
    Apr 1, 2007
    Very interesting movie. It presents the "what if"s of life in a great way and it also shows the strugle in dealing with dreams that didn't become reality.
  13. RyanM.
    Jul 24, 2001
    Director Ratner makes this film so tedious and full of itself that it's almost unwatchable.
  14. MichaelFoster
    Jul 31, 2001
    This movie is nothing new or special but delivers the laughs as well as the touching moments. Tea is great as usual and Cage is great (as usual). This movie had some great potential, but it was all lost with its ending telling kids that you can have the babe, the well paying job and still live your rich big city life. Good for the kids but not a great movie. Worth catching on TV.
  15. Dec 24, 2010
    I hate Nicholas Cage, he's a crappy actor and this movie showed his true talent in a generic family movie with as evidenced by the title of the movie. I watched this movie in class for God's sake, and everyone started laughing at me in my class because they all knew my hatred of Cage.
  16. Maxine
    Jul 30, 2001
    This movie was great for the family, but Cage could have done better.
  17. Dec 29, 2014
    A very enjoyable Christmas movies with strong and funny performances by Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni. Despite the mixed reviews from the critics, I highly enjoyed this movie. This is one of the most underrated movies of all time in my opinion. 8/10 (Great)

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    A warm, glossy holiday fable that hits some surprisingly sweet notes.
    Sweet, light entertainment, but could have been more.
  3. A holiday fable that's not destined for immortality but goes down more easily than most of the pap Hollywood tries to feed us every Christmas.