5.1

1. Jan 1, 2011
    This must be the worst x-mas movie ever made, I just watched half of the movie on TV. And the story is so bad I didn't even bother to watch the rest, because it's so unbelievable bad. I usually finish every movie I have started watching even though it's bad, but I couldn't stand this one... I joined this site just to warn people. Don't waste your time on this movie! And I'm surprised thatThis must be the worst x-mas movie ever made, I just watched half of the movie on TV. And the story is so bad I didn't even bother to watch the rest, because it's so unbelievable bad. I usually finish every movie I have started watching even though it's bad, but I couldn't stand this one... I joined this site just to warn people. Don't waste your time on this movie! And I'm surprised that some people liked this crap... Expand
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Diane Keaton is a refreshing addition to the Christmas Holiday genre. As is Sarah Jessica Parker. The Family Stone gives us memories--memories of laughter and heartache.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    I watched this because I've been seriously depressed recently, and it is supposedly a comedy. It made me more depressed. Bad writing, despicably arrogant characters (mostly), nothing very funny.
  4. Nov 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Remind me why this family hates Meredith so much? What exactly did she do? She was just a little bit uptight in the movie, that all, and what is so wrong with her being different from the family? It's like the family does not accept anyone who isn't like them. This movie was overall funny and my kind of humor. I love it but there were moments where the characters made me feel very uncomfortable. The way the mother, daughter and father treat Meredith is just wrong and not understandable. Evrette does not ever forgive and talk Meredith after they depart wft. he is just like I never asked you to marry me.......bye. One of my favorite christmas movies. The characters personalities are too exaggerated and the plot seems very confusing and unanswered. They turned Meredith too uptight with a pin up her butt and the daughter is too much a slob. The mother gets mad at the most unimportant things and she was supposed to be the normal down to earth one. The personalties just make everyone unlikable or a douche bag. The family was so rude and unwelcoming to Meredith the whole time and the characters want us to like the family? They made her feel left out the whole time. wow And then at the end, she made a memorial gift as to remember the mother and reminding the family the mother will die soon and then they accept Meredith in the family? why???? The whole movie was very unclear and just sad. This is not a comedy even though some parts were funny. Expand
  5. Mar 31, 2015
    One of the movies I most disliked, and was actually a bit angry to have wasted over an hour on watching it. Dumb plot, stupid dialogues, all in all thumbs down from me.

Keaton, a sorceress at blending humor and heartbreak, honors the film with a grace that makes it stick in the memory.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Lurching uncertainly from slapstick to tears, The Family Stone works hard to warm the cockles of our hearts. The cast is attractive. The sentiments are commendable. But the love Bezucha wants us to feel for the family couldn't possibly compete with the love they already feel for themselves.
  3. Reviewed by: Genevieve Harrison
    Although in danger of being unable to decide what kind of film it wants to be, a well-written script and well-judged performances make this a family outing worth taking.