Universal Pictures | Release Date: June 22, 2001
7.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 379 Ratings
Watch Now
CoryFeb 1, 2008
This movie was amazing the critics that gave it a low score are simply retarded. this is one of the best movies ever made if your into cars.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
Wise_guyJul 2, 2012
This was an excellent movie. I was surprised how much fun it was. Solid performances from the cast with very few exceptions, and as much action and racing as you could possibly want.
SimpleReviewzJun 16, 2014
Sweet Jesus. I found Fast 5 and the sixth one to be entertaining, but the one that started it all? Awful. I watched this movie at my friend's house over Robocop. Man, I wish we changed our minds. The only thing this movie relies on is sexySweet Jesus. I found Fast 5 and the sixth one to be entertaining, but the one that started it all? Awful. I watched this movie at my friend's house over Robocop. Man, I wish we changed our minds. The only thing this movie relies on is sexy women and cars to entertain. The acting is lackluster, and the action scenes and races are unacceptably boring. The plot isn't good enough to be a positive, either. Yes, the entire movie was made 13 years ago. However, that isn't a saving grace for me not to call this movie awful. It is. The only reason I wrote this is to say how bad it was. Expand
axelkochJul 28, 2012
Let's keep it short: Horrible camera work, which hurts to see sometimes. Looks like everything was filmed with a mobile phone camera. Bad script, bad actors, silly soundtrack. You can't give action AND a fully developed story and charactersLet's keep it short: Horrible camera work, which hurts to see sometimes. Looks like everything was filmed with a mobile phone camera. Bad script, bad actors, silly soundtrack. You can't give action AND a fully developed story and characters in just 100 minutes. I'm happy, Rob Cohen wasn't allowed to make the other FF-Films too. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
A lame overdose of chicks and cars that'll make you dizzy with bad camera work and make you scratch your head at its inane dialogue and dumb plot line.
grandpajoe6191Aug 1, 2012
"The Fast and the Furious" is not exactly a good movie (maybe because of Vin Diesel, muscle cars, and sexy babes in it) but it's not a bad one either.
TheChaser1985May 21, 2011
I can't believe how bad the critic reviews are for this movie. I'm no ricer but this movie was great. It had good acting, nice cars, fast racing and good action.
KyleC.Jul 29, 2008
Still my favorite car movie.
0 of 3 users found this helpful
MichelleSMar 28, 2009
This is one of my all time favorite movies. While that is partly because Vin and Paul are freaking HOT...It's also just a good movie. I like the story, like the supporting cast, love the cars. Action+good actors=great movie.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
Andy92Sep 12, 2010
i really enjoyed this movie it provided a lot of action and entertainment for the audience. the movie also provides suspense for the viewers during the story and i highly recommend it and the cast perform very well
Corey123Feb 22, 2012
was a great film could of watched it more times then another film Ive watched all of them and the best is this 1 because it start of the story of the film
ThegodfathersonOct 24, 2013
The Fast and the Furious is a very good movie. It's cars, sexy babes and explosions with Vin Diesel!
A gritty and gratifying cheap thrill, Rob Cohen's high-octane hot-car meller is a true rarity these days, a really good exploitationer, the sort of thing that would rule at drive-ins if they still existed. Sleek and shiny on the surface, The Fast and the Furious recalls those cheesy teenage exploitation flicks of the 1950s.
MovieGuysSep 28, 2013
As a pretty good racing flick, Furious entertains. Vin Diesel is good as Dominic Turetto, and the rest of the cast is nicely formed as well. You will have to suspend disbelief for the runtime of this movie, but you know it's damn well worth it.
ToddDowNov 12, 2014
This movie helped to absolutely RUIN the car scene in post 2001 America. I can't believe they have made 6 of these in total. I remember everyone in their Mommy's Honda Accord trying to do a burnout in the parking lot after watching it. Pathetic.
BrandyB.Sep 29, 2001
I have seen this movie four times and I love it. Paul Walker is so hot. The action is so incredible. This is a movie that people can not stay away from.
MattB.Oct 4, 2001
This is my favorite movie of all times!!!
ChrisS.Oct 9, 2001
This is one of the greatest movies ever created. If you haven't seen it you don't know what your missing: hot cars, hot women, and some kick ass street racing. I saw it over 20 times, no lie.
BrandyB.Sep 29, 2001
MichaelK.Oct 11, 2001
This movie is the best movie I have ever seen. All the cars in the movie made it the best. I love it.
VinloverFeb 21, 2003
Now now ....ladies u definitely can't go wrong with vin diesel. man! he's soooooo sexy!! i hope he reads this. 4 the girls who want 2 chat about FATF all tha time please email me and talk 2 me cuz i talk about it all the time!
JacobApr 2, 2015
The Fast and Furious has some fun car related action scenes but otherwise its quite forgettable. The story is nothing special and is full of a bunch of elements that have been done before such as the liar revealed bit. The soundtrack for theThe Fast and Furious has some fun car related action scenes but otherwise its quite forgettable. The story is nothing special and is full of a bunch of elements that have been done before such as the liar revealed bit. The soundtrack for the film is cool and Vin Desil has a cool voice and personality but I don’t care about anyone or anything especially our protagonist played by Paul Walker. Mild entertainment but I’ll probably never see it again and forget about it in a week or two. Expand
TokyochuchuSep 17, 2013
The Fast and the Furious is a great and effortlessly entertaining movie. Basically Point Break for the petrol-head generation, the movie is colorful, fast paced and easy to watch. Good stuff all round.
ramonrojoJan 5, 2011
I avoided this movie for a long time, assuming that it was going to be cinematic drool. But as they said, look what happens when you assume. This was one high octance driven meta western that had me hooked.
KiraseApr 13, 2015
Quite good cast, lots of action and nice cars adding up to a very decent movie.
Quite good cast, lots of action and nice cars adding up to a very decent movie.
Worth to be watched once. Even more when you consider that this is the very first part of a huge series of movies that is already starring a lot of actors who are considered to be the core team of the very latest movies of the franchise. It connects very well to those. Unlike for example 2 fast 2 furious or the third one.
Bruce722Jun 1, 2013
There aren't many movies over the last dozen years to have a bigger impact on society than this one. The Fast and the Furious glorified street racing and made the Honda Civic and the other cars featured in the film must buys for teenage boysThere aren't many movies over the last dozen years to have a bigger impact on society than this one. The Fast and the Furious glorified street racing and made the Honda Civic and the other cars featured in the film must buys for teenage boys across America. The reason is pretty obvious, the movie is outstanding. The cast of Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Jordana Brewster, and others is outstanding and the story is really interesting and unique. The plot and characters are all really well developed, creating an immersive viewing experience not often seen in movies under two hours. The cars and race scenes are fantastic and the action has you sitting on the edge of your seat. The only negative for me was some of the cinematic effects. The director tried to get cute and a lot of those effects actually hurt the scenes, not helped. Nonetheless, those few sequences aren't enough to ruin the film and the entertainment value for the movie is still sky high. Expand
imthenoobSep 4, 2013
Very entertaining, Like-able leads in Diesel and Walker, Solid racing scenes, and a solid story as well. It's hard not to like The Fast and the Furious. It may not be a perfect film but I would still recommend it.
OfficialMar 8, 2014
It's just another one of those silly car-chase movies. Okay, so we have some cool racing and some hot-looking chicks, but that does not conceal the weak script and the story.
svtraptorDec 3, 2013
Honestly this is my favorite movie in the F&F franchise, and, it is my favorite movie of all time. I am completely biased about this movie, my love for highly modified tuners and overall car passion leads me to give every F&F movie a 9 orHonestly this is my favorite movie in the F&F franchise, and, it is my favorite movie of all time. I am completely biased about this movie, my love for highly modified tuners and overall car passion leads me to give every F&F movie a 9 or higher. This is my favorite because this movie is the movie for car lovers. Recently the series has turned mainstream, aiming for a broader audience with more impact. This movie is great because it works great with a low budget and welcomes a series I would come to love for years. The movie focused only on cars and didn't shoot for jokes or stunts, my favorite movie of all time. I hope someday the swan song for the series will go back to these routes. RIP Paul, you will be sincerely missed in the series. Expand
TheWalrus2000May 24, 2013
Its pretty sloppy and is more entertaining if you like intense car races with action at the same time, Fast and the Furious doesn't end up a total drag, still its boring.
MaricaAug 20, 2014
I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their **** For those ten seconds or less, I'm free. - Dom
The Fast and the Furious is a great movie. Racing cars..great
The Fast and the Furious is a great movie. Racing cars..great acting and beautiful, beautiful cars.
nicholasbertApr 2, 2015
A silly script with dozens of major plot holes and dumb dialogues, packed with overacting and every possible cliché about street racing you can conceive. When Vin Diesel is the best actor in the whole cast, you know something's very wrong.A silly script with dozens of major plot holes and dumb dialogues, packed with overacting and every possible cliché about street racing you can conceive. When Vin Diesel is the best actor in the whole cast, you know something's very wrong. Things get especially unrealistic towards the end of the movie, with some plot development remaining obscure (probably in the hopes that nobody would notice).

Still, given its attempt at keeping it somewhat realistic and interesting, episode 1 is by far the best episode of the whole series.
Movie1997Apr 13, 2013
The movie may not be a genuin masterpiece, but its still a fun thrill ride. Even though it has a great storyline with great actors, but sometimes it struggles. With the actors, they'll sometimes loose your attention, but they still keepThe movie may not be a genuin masterpiece, but its still a fun thrill ride. Even though it has a great storyline with great actors, but sometimes it struggles. With the actors, they'll sometimes loose your attention, but they still keep interested in the story. With the storyline, its great when it stays on topic, but when you put in the side show such as looking at all the hot girls booties, it gets really distracting. But hopefully for all the perverts, it's something good to look at. A big plus is that it has some really cool action. Which helps it get the title "Fast and Furious". Overall, it has its moments, but still turns out to be a fun action joy ride. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 12, 2013
Predictable and overly simple.
While The Fast and the Furious speeds with an intriguing base, it flips into reverse with a predictable concept and an empty storyline.
eagleeyevikingDec 14, 2013
It is good but never really more than that. With stereotypical (but entertaining) action sequences and a plot lacking any depth, this installment is only watchable for car racing fans.
bfoore90Apr 16, 2017
Essentially "Point Break" with fast cars starring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Considering where the franchise is now, this movie is alot more grounded in terms of story execution and not as extravagant as its sequels. Characters except forEssentially "Point Break" with fast cars starring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Considering where the franchise is now, this movie is alot more grounded in terms of story execution and not as extravagant as its sequels. Characters except for Dom and maybe Brian all lack depth or substance, still considering where the franchise is now "The Fast and the Furious" is a good time for those with the taste for action and cars Expand
SnakeSLBJul 15, 2014
The Fast and the Furious is a great and effortlessly entertaining movie, i highly recommend it and the cast perform very well, I can't believe how bad the critic reviews are for this movie, because, nice cars, girls, money, street race, actor !
ydnar4Jun 6, 2015
The Fast and the Furious has become a little dated over almost 15 years but for the most part the film has stayed fairly relevant. The action is great in the film and only inspired better action and stunts in the later movies. This movie isThe Fast and the Furious has become a little dated over almost 15 years but for the most part the film has stayed fairly relevant. The action is great in the film and only inspired better action and stunts in the later movies. This movie is solid and makes you interested the see more and lots more were coming. The film launches the success of the late Paul Walker and action star Vin Diesel and is the start of an era that still continues. Expand
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
MarickNov 4, 2014
So this is how begining the series Fast and Furious. The film is quite interesting, you really did not say, cars are enough ok. My personal favorite car from this movie is Mitsubishi Eclipse and Black Honds Civics with Green Neon under the car.
evokingsSep 8, 2016
This movie was vary well directed, and the actors in this movie worked vary well together, and I feel overall that the theme of the film is well executed, I wish we had more racing movies that manage the formula that this one did people lovedThis movie was vary well directed, and the actors in this movie worked vary well together, and I feel overall that the theme of the film is well executed, I wish we had more racing movies that manage the formula that this one did people loved the cars and the detail this movie added to them. Expand
DenisManuOct 12, 2014
The Fast and the Furious is a movie full of car heists and car chases with not much of a plot and really bad acting.Even as a popcorn flick this movie fails to deliver whatever the movie-makers of this movie wanted it to.
EducruzOct 15, 2014
This film is a total copy of Point Break. God-cop, infiltrates gang to discovers the bad guys, than PUMMM they are the bad guys, but now they are friends, and at the end after catch him, and let him go after
russiangamerApr 9, 2017
Кино выстроено так:
1. Интересное начало
2. Скука, которая идёт вплоть до последних 20 минут фильма. 3. 20 минут эпика под хороший молодёжный саундтрек. Ну а Вин Дизель вообще актёрище)) Итог: Даже если не сравнивать фильм с последующими
Кино выстроено так:
1. Интересное начало
2. Скука, которая идёт вплоть до последних 20 минут фильма.
3. 20 минут эпика под хороший молодёжный саундтрек.
Ну а Вин Дизель вообще актёрище))
Итог: Даже если не сравнивать фильм с последующими частями, то он скучный. P.S. А если сравнить, то получается очень забавно - тут герои потеют изо всех сил, чтоб накопить на новую тачку, а в 7 части прыгают с самолёта. Просто забавно.
Paranoya1Jun 2, 2015
The beginning of one of the biggest movie franchises in the history. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker just click phenomenal in that movie and give us a great experience with nice cars and hot street races.
ToxsickJun 12, 2015
The fact that Furious 7 got a higher Score is the perfect example of how the industry is changing and how it's getting more and more dirty and corrupted.
CineAutoctonoDec 2, 2015
I sit up in this incredible saga to say that the first was good, indexes of speed and adrenaline that is both action scenes, and scenes of clandestine races , The Fast and the Furious has been able to achieve me impact from the beginning.
XDavidXNov 23, 2015
No words to say. This movie is very very very very very very amazing, I can watch this over and over again. Just amazin as I say. Rating this 10 / 10 !
EpicLadySpongeApr 5, 2016
Are they fast enough? Yes, they are. Are they furious enough? Sadly, nope. All the insane montages only went to the insanely fast cars instead of the furious humans. Want to know what's worse? They always got to include the bait women no oneAre they fast enough? Yes, they are. Are they furious enough? Sadly, nope. All the insane montages only went to the insanely fast cars instead of the furious humans. Want to know what's worse? They always got to include the bait women no one even manages to care about. They went fast, but not furious. Expand
FuturedirectorMar 16, 2017
Well-acted but terribly flawed and noisy. The Fast and The Furious has more enthusiasm on its cheesy teenage exploitation flicks of the 1950s than trying to live up its name.
BreakingAwesomeAug 13, 2016
Одна из лучших кино-франшиз про гонки. Самый лучший из семи фильмов в серии. Этот фильм действительно про гонки, про страсть к стрит-рейсингу, про движок и закись азота, про драг-рейсинг, а не просто кинематографичный боевичок. Не знаю,Одна из лучших кино-франшиз про гонки. Самый лучший из семи фильмов в серии. Этот фильм действительно про гонки, про страсть к стрит-рейсингу, про движок и закись азота, про драг-рейсинг, а не просто кинематографичный боевичок. Не знаю, почему такой низкий рейтинг от изданий, наверное на то время фильм не был особо успешен и популярен... Expand
SchrebelsApr 10, 2017
"The Fast and the Furious" presents a good plot and although its visual effects are outdated they still work. What really weakens the movie is its cast. The actors barely show any emotion. Not a must-see but fun. If you're not a big fan of"The Fast and the Furious" presents a good plot and although its visual effects are outdated they still work. What really weakens the movie is its cast. The actors barely show any emotion. Not a must-see but fun. If you're not a big fan of cars and street races, there are better things to watch. Expand
daelsJan 9, 2017
Hi my name is Saleh Dael I am 16 years old I study at Halesowen College. I would like to talk to you about my favourite film. My favourite film is fast and furious because it’s all about cars. The first ever fast and furious was about racingHi my name is Saleh Dael I am 16 years old I study at Halesowen College. I would like to talk to you about my favourite film. My favourite film is fast and furious because it’s all about cars. The first ever fast and furious was about racing with their cars so they can money and get better cars and also get a better garage. This is some of character that was in it. Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster. In 2fast 2furious was about them working with the police and they was trying to track down Cole Hauser who played as the big drug dealer who also had a lot of money. So to track him down the sent Paul walker because he was ex-police officer who moves from Los Angeles to Miami to start becoming involved in the street-racing scene in his new city, also Paul’s best friends at the street race are Devon Aoki, Ludacris. He starts working with new partner called Tyrese Gibson to start a big mission to take down the drug dealer. In The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift it starts off with Lucas Black who went to Tokyo to live with his dad and got in to racing. He meets this girl called Nathalie Kelley and he falls in love with her but she has a boyfriend so her boyfriend’s gets mad and asks him for a race and whoever loses has to leave Tokyo. Lucas Black wins the race and gets the girl. Expand
ZerpnosMar 5, 2017
Bir grup sokak yarışçısının içine sızmayı başaran Polis Brian sonradan içine girdiği aileyi severek ihanet etmiyor ve onları girdikleri bir yanlışın içinden kurtararak tüm ailenin sevgisini kazanmayı başarıyor. Araba severlerin kesinlikleBir grup sokak yarışçısının içine sızmayı başaran Polis Brian sonradan içine girdiği aileyi severek ihanet etmiyor ve onları girdikleri bir yanlışın içinden kurtararak tüm ailenin sevgisini kazanmayı başarıyor. Araba severlerin kesinlikle izlerken büyük keyif alacağı bu film, sokak yarışlarını mükemmel bir şekilde anlatıyor. Expand
JPKMay 1, 2017
VERY LOUD!
This movie is the start to a franchise that start off minor but when 5 came around in 2011, IT EXPLODED IN POPULARITY! This movie is a great start to that.
sonic0224May 17, 2017
This is the best movie I've ever seen in a long time the fast and the furious is a awsome movie with a great story awsome animation unforgettable characters and songs that will set you free this is a must watched movie for everybody whoThis is the best movie I've ever seen in a long time the fast and the furious is a awsome movie with a great story awsome animation unforgettable characters and songs that will set you free this is a must watched movie for everybody who like games like need for speed underground 2 and spy movies like spy kids I give it a 10/10 Expand
TheHipHopDude50Jul 24, 2017
Back when it was all about street racing and fast cars.Almost a perfect street racing film.This is the perfect film for car enthusiasts.The movie's soundtrack was fantastic too..Especially the intro song.