8.2

1. Mar 24, 2012
    The Fighter sorry to say is another typical boxing movie only with the screwed up family, a brother who is a crack addict and a girlfriend who is just trying help mark wahlberg along. yet of all the strong acting the leading role fell flat in which made the movie flat as well.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    How the heck this movie got such good reviews is completely beyond me. Its a joke of a film. Bales performance is way overthetop and not believable whatsoever; it boarders on fascicle and stupid. The fighting is ruined by the camera and the added sound effects which take away from the seriousness of the film. 3 is being generous its probably worth half a point. Waste of a film
  3. Jan 23, 2011
    Horrible movie. Another boring boxing movie filled with unnecessary drama? We need something new. I would much rather watch Reel Steel than this rubbish of a movie.
  4. Dec 30, 2010
    This movie is not a boxing classic--whoever said that. The characters seem to be something of a caricature--do people like this really exist? I just can't imagine there are real people so 'in your face.' Bale was barely recognizable--too much over the top as a crack addict.

i don't understand the attraction of Mark Wahlberg. He seems to have no range with either physical or emotional acting. It was hard for me not to leave in the middle of the movie. It was trying to be edgy but was basically uninteresting.

1. Reviewed by: Adam Smith
    Jan 31, 2011
    An exhilarating fight-flick that, like its scrappy central character, is impossible not to root for.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Jan 4, 2011
    Urgent, gritty, sometimes weirdly funny, The Fighter might be considered his first feel-good movie. But Russell's too honest and acute an observer to serve up affirmation without leaving a subversive aftertaste of ambivalence and unease.
  3. Reviewed by: Calvin Wilson
    Dec 17, 2010
    Director David O. Russell ("Three Kings") delivers a film of staggering impact.