7.6

1. ChadS.
    Sep 26, 2003
    Sometimes "The Fighting Temptations" plays like an episode of "The Twilight Zone" directed by Martin Luther King. It's a sad commentary about our world, and the world of film, that we notice how integrated the church and corporate boardroom are. Like "Camp", "The Fighting Temptations" is redeemed by some truly rousing music. This film should be called "Church". Songs are allowed to Sometimes "The Fighting Temptations" plays like an episode of "The Twilight Zone" directed by Martin Luther King. It's a sad commentary about our world, and the world of film, that we notice how integrated the church and corporate boardroom are. Like "Camp", "The Fighting Temptations" is redeemed by some truly rousing music. This film should be called "Church". Songs are allowed to play to its entirety, but for some odd reason, the best musical interlude; The O'Jays in a barbershop, is interrupted by Cuba hitting on Beyonce in a supermarket. Unlike Mariah Carey, Knowles can play a human being convincingly. Expand
  2. EriK.(Spriggangirl)
    Sep 23, 2003
    Very good movie for the people who really loved it. But,it was okay.

The energetic musical sequences help make it feel warmer and more ingratiating than it otherwise would, which is fortunate, since this rickety vehicle needs all the help it can get.
  2. Reviewed by: Joshua Clover
    The camera loves Beyoncé, but her acting coach may harbor more ambivalence; if she could convert the imperious urgency of her best singing to screen presence, we might stop wishing Whitney would come back from her own private netherlands.
  3. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Paper-thin plot serves as a pretext for rousing gospel numbers in The Fighting Temptations, which straddles styles and eras to get everybody's toes tapping.