6.2

1. May 11, 2012
    Jason Segel's films all suffer from the same two problems: editing and raunch. It keeps his movies from being classic chick flick comedies and relegates them to the status of mild chucklers soon forgotten. The funny gets lost in a sea of pointless footage. Since women are a primary audience for films like this, I think it's better to err on the side of less raunchy humor. No woman ever left a movie yet saying, "I wish there had been more raunchy humor." Watch Love, Actually to get the feel of how to do this. It may just be the difference between what constitutes raunchy to a male producer... and if so, maybe hire woman editors. Expand
  2. May 4, 2012
    The excellent performances overcome a mostly predictable plot. Nevertheless there are some very funny scenes which make the film light and breezy and of course , enjoyable.
  3. Sep 5, 2012
    Finally, a romantic comedy which does not take the same ol story template and puts whatever pretty boy face on the cover. very original writing and mature. EG. how many romantic comedies to you watch where their career actually has any influence on the story?
  4. Apr 28, 2012
    I this movie was HILARIOUS!!! they could have done a little better when it came to casting, however.... I do recommend you see it. you will be laughing ur booty off!!!!!! -THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Me
  5. May 5, 2012
    This was an extremely funny movie. Jason Segel's writing was brilliant and his acting matched it. Emily Blunt was delightful. Not quite as funny as Bridesmaids, but close. The movie may have been a little long but it was so funny that I didn't care. A must see.
  6. May 19, 2012
    Works on nearly every level. It's clever, funny and self aware. Segel has the ability to draw us in, make us feel something deeper than we're accustomed to. I like that. I like that a whole lot.
  7. Apr 29, 2013
    This is a funny movie with a lot of heart. Segel and Blunt have great chemistry which leads to some very funny and heartfelt moments. The film maybe a tad long, but overall a very fun time.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 21, 2012
    As for Violet, Emily Blunt brings to the role genuine sympathy, and she continues to thaw out the ice-queen hauteur of her earlier movies.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Braund
    Jun 17, 2012
    Another solid hit from Planet Apatow - charming, funny and remarkably in tune with real life.
  3. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 30, 2012
    It's a seize-the-day movie, even though the day is a long time coming. [7 May 2012, p.80]