7.4

1. Mar 2, 2011
    The plot in this movie is bogus and the dialog is cheesy, it will scratch the Kung-Fu maniacs itch, there is a lot of reasons to love or hate this movie, I would recommend trying this for yourself.
  2. May 26, 2012
    Jet Li and Jackie Chan's combination of powerful performances combined with decent storytelling make this a decent action movie.
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    It was ok suprisingly. The action was good and it was great to finally see Chan and Li fight against each other in a film. The plot was alright but it was just a bit too stupid at times. Overall though it was entertaining and worth the watch.
  4. Sep 28, 2013
    I was surprised by this movie since I didn`t hear much about it. I guess I shouldn`t be cause Jet Li, and Jackie Chan are a great duo.The sounds the action all make for a great adventure.The Heroes and the Villans give you a feeling of a different world, and that`s what I look for in a movie.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    Clever, dashing, and fairly amusing, "The Forbidden Kingdom" is a special kind of action adventure film that actually stimulates the audiences' minds as well as their eyes.
  6. May 25, 2014
    From the beginning of this movie (which I just decided to watch while channel surfing) I was not sure what I was getting into but was intrigued. This is a GREAT story that kept me interested, watching and completely entertained. Even the ending was well done and I never felt like the director "jumped the shark" with any plot lines or insulted my intelligence. Who knew the kid star in thisFrom the beginning of this movie (which I just decided to watch while channel surfing) I was not sure what I was getting into but was intrigued. This is a GREAT story that kept me interested, watching and completely entertained. Even the ending was well done and I never felt like the director "jumped the shark" with any plot lines or insulted my intelligence. Who knew the kid star in this movie had some serious skills! At the end I felt great about the movie and made sure to save it so my kids could watch it to. For kung-fu fanatics the opening scene may worry you a bit but the action gets better and better all the way to the end. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    On its own terms, it's a handsome albeit unexceptional juvenile adventure shot on some magnificent Chinese locations.
  2. Once past the clunky prologue, the film is great fun, with a good balance between computer effects and athleticism.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Will please its core audience but won't enthrall anyone over the age of 16. (Even that might be stretching the point.)