The Forgotten

4.1

1. Jun 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the first half...the pacing especially. The film follows a woman who is grieving over the loss of her son, and then during that process, she's informed that her son didn't exist. The plot progressed nicely and was aided by the solid performances by Julianne Moore and Dominic West. Then there was sudden shift about 3/4's of the way through the film where it just all went downhill. The plot got really confusing, and then the ending was like...wtf. Overall, a decent and entertaining film, but I was slightly disappointed because I thought it had potential. Expand
  2. Apr 20, 2014
    Is it a good concept? yeah but the result is really boring, gosh,i ****** hate this movie. It's really long for nothing the acting is bad and the result is horribly bad.
  3. Aug 11, 2010
    What if someone told you that your child never existed that it was all just apart of your imagination that you dreamed up a happy life, with a happy little boy/girl. Then one day you wake up and that child is suddenly forgotten pictures, videos, friends everyone who knew your child suddenly has forgotten that he/she ever existed. Joseph Ruben's "The Forgotten" explores themes relating toWhat if someone told you that your child never existed that it was all just apart of your imagination that you dreamed up a happy life, with a happy little boy/girl. Then one day you wake up and that child is suddenly forgotten pictures, videos, friends everyone who knew your child suddenly has forgotten that he/she ever existed. Joseph Ruben's "The Forgotten" explores themes relating to the above statement, Ruben's film tells the story of a grieving mother named Telly Paretta (Julianne Moore) who fourteen months ago lost her nine-year-old son Sam in a plane crash and every day she goes to her and looks at his precious baseball cap and catcherâ Expand
  4. Oct 7, 2011
    Ok I will say off the bat that the whole concept to the movie is a little strange. You start to figure most of it out by the middle of the film. By the end, it comes clear and is a little off. The cast on the other hand were pretty good. Julianne Moore was pretty excellent as well as Dominic West who also had a big part. Side characters were also good like Gary Sinise and my personalOk I will say off the bat that the whole concept to the movie is a little strange. You start to figure most of it out by the middle of the film. By the end, it comes clear and is a little off. The cast on the other hand were pretty good. Julianne Moore was pretty excellent as well as Dominic West who also had a big part. Side characters were also good like Gary Sinise and my personal favorite from the movie, Linus Roache. He basically played the bad guy and really had no emotion until later in the film. But having no emotion made him a very creepy character to watch. I really wished more out of this movie. I guess the story was just ok for me, but I did enjoy watching it. I keep feeling like they could of took a different direction and did better though. Expand
  5. Jun 10, 2012
    The Forgotten begins with an intriguing premise: however, as the story develops, the audience realizes that the film may not be so psychological as it is supernatural. The film had lots of potential, but it didn't follow through.
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Forgotten" is, in short, a movie quite worth forgetting. The initial premise is intriguing - Julianne Moore plays a mother who lost her son in a plane crash, only to realize that the child was supposedly stillborn and she has invented 9 years of memories with him. Unfortunately, it doesn't take long at all before the film goes from interesting to bland and silly. At 91 minutes, the movie is astonishingly short for what it's trying to do, resulting in consistent overpacing - it feels you've only been watching 10 minutes before Moore's confronting the idea that her son never existed, and about 5 minutes later she's joined up with a father in a similar predicament and on the run from NSA agents. And just when this movie seems to strike the most basic level of boring, our characters come to the realization that their kids are still alive, and have really been . . . (sigh) . . . abducted by aliens. Really? Aliens? We went from an engaging psychological thriller to aliens? And of all the scientific research priorities such aliens would have upon discovering our species, the one they choose is kidnapping children to see if they can dissolve the parent-child bond? Is this a drama or a comedy? The main alien villain (who shows up about 5 minutes in and is a patently obvious "secret" antagonist right off) is probably the blandest and most nonchalant extraterrestrial ever put to film, whose one single freak-out moment is reserved for a cheap CGI face gimmick and a bunch of breaking glass (because, you know, yelling solves everything). And outside of Moore herself, the rest of the characters might as well be forgotten also, because they're about as memorable and deep as the aliens. Honestly, this film should have ended 20 minutes in - Moore finds out she's nuts, she's locked up, the end. Nice, neat, and a big time-saver. A shame her talents went toward such a lazily-written film. Expand
  7. Dec 9, 2011
    The Forgotten starts off splendidly leaving questions unanswered so that suspense builds. Then, we discover the source of the missing children and the entire story crumbles. This film had the capacity to be a great mystery and psychological thriller with great themes of love, morality, and family, but ultimately, it becomes inane, far fetched, and a laughable farce.
  8. TinaA.
    Jun 1, 2006
    Are you people insane? This movie was amazing, and one of the best thrillers ever! Ms. Moore was spectacular!
  9. ChadS.
    Oct 3, 2004
    Contrary to this film's belief, all mothers, not to mention fathers too, would still mourn for their child after eleven months have passed. Julianne Moore, on occasion, is an extraordinary actress, and it's a waste of her considerable talents, when she has to run away from danger, or look sad in flashbacks. We can see it coming from a mile away, as to what the flashbacks will Contrary to this film's belief, all mothers, not to mention fathers too, would still mourn for their child after eleven months have passed. Julianne Moore, on occasion, is an extraordinary actress, and it's a waste of her considerable talents, when she has to run away from danger, or look sad in flashbacks. We can see it coming from a mile away, as to what the flashbacks will reveal. "The Forgotten" has that same everything but the kitchen sink approach to screenwriting that "Dreamcatcher" had. The film abandons its "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" reconfigured as a thriller approach, with a sci-fi explanation for this mystery that's truly stupefying. I suppose the aliens got bored with anal probes, so now they're into emotional sadism. Expand
  10. TylerD.
    Jul 4, 2005
    The Forgotten is a really great movie. It made me jump a few times, especially the transport crash and when the people get blown into the sky. Really great movie!
  11. Meat
    Oct 5, 2004
    This movie was pretty horrible... just a complete mess. My word, it couldn't figure out if it was a mystery/suspense or a Sci-Fi horror movie. Also, you really got tired of Juilianne sobbing throughout the whole thing. Near the end you couldn't help but laugh because of how stupid it was becoming. As my date said on the way out... "this is not even a good rental."
  12. KatieP
    Sep 26, 2004
    Don't listen to these stuck up, pretentious critics. It was a good movie, and very scary at times. I was so scared I couldn't even look at the screen at one point. I recommend you see it if you like this kind of movie.
  13. TK
    Sep 29, 2004
    I am guess I am nuts...but I thought this was a pretty good flick. If you are an X-files you will like it even more. There were some pretty good moments and the story in whole was good. I would say go see it.
  14. RobertJ.
    Mar 23, 2005
    I watched this on my HD 65 inch TV and I have to say I jumped out of my seat a few times. I knew nothing about the film not even a preview. Anyone remotely interested in ET visitations will love it. Its much better than people saying about it. We could be lab rats right now, there is that hint of this could be true. Similar to movies like the exorcist. Religious people were very disturbed I watched this on my HD 65 inch TV and I have to say I jumped out of my seat a few times. I knew nothing about the film not even a preview. Anyone remotely interested in ET visitations will love it. Its much better than people saying about it. We could be lab rats right now, there is that hint of this could be true. Similar to movies like the exorcist. Religious people were very disturbed when that came out. The non science fiction people should not see this as it will have zero appeal. Expand
  15. wooo.
    Apr 3, 2005
    Better than the sixth sense. Gripping all the way through.
  16. TonyM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    I Like This Movie It Waz Good I Think That Juliann Morre Did A Great Job At This Movie (srry Dont how to spell her name) But Overall I Think This Waz A Great Movie Because It Teaches U Stuff That U Have Not Realized Before And So Thats Why I Think This Is A Good Movie.
  17. Stephanie
    Oct 14, 2004
    The average score is a 6? If you read this reviews the average is about a minus ten. This is so lame with the stupidest ending I have ever seen in a movie. How bad was it? As they had the gall to say in the flick, "ya, really don't wanna know."
  18. Kitos
    Nov 8, 2004
    One of the worst movies ever!!! Waste of money and time!!!
  19. Carol
    Oct 18, 2004
    So lame that I demanded a refund in a half empty theater. The management gave it to me and apologized. Awful!
  20. CarlosR.
    Oct 3, 2004
    So slow that you would welcome watching moss grow on a rock. The ending is completely lame making the entire movie more irritable. In a single word...Awful.
  21. WendelC.
    Oct 7, 2004
    I can't remember if I saw this movie as it is already forgotten. I do know that if I did, it put me to sleep early.
  22. Rick
    Oct 9, 2004
    Wow how could they copy a movie like that and try and say its as good as The Sixth Sense. Please, THIS MOVIE IS A PURE RIPOFF OF DARK CITY. If you really wanna see a Sci-Fi movie that has killer acting, effects, and makes sense, go watch DARK CITY. For me i wasted my money and time watching This Forgotten bull****. Why do people watch a good movie and say "you know what lets take that Wow how could they copy a movie like that and try and say its as good as The Sixth Sense. Please, THIS MOVIE IS A PURE RIPOFF OF DARK CITY. If you really wanna see a Sci-Fi movie that has killer acting, effects, and makes sense, go watch DARK CITY. For me i wasted my money and time watching This Forgotten bull****. Why do people watch a good movie and say "you know what lets take that idea and make a crappy movie.Thanks Joseph Ruben, next time try and steal something from The Lord Of The Rings or something so your movie can at least be watchable. Expand
  23. PharrellH.
    Sep 23, 2004
    Ultimately this is a worthwhile effort, although the resolution is both predictable and unsatisfying to say the least. There are several key moments during the course of the first hour or so when the audience will be jolted, making this a great date/popcorn flick or rental upon dvd release. Credit the director and editor for those. Julianne Moore and West are believable as VERY static Ultimately this is a worthwhile effort, although the resolution is both predictable and unsatisfying to say the least. There are several key moments during the course of the first hour or so when the audience will be jolted, making this a great date/popcorn flick or rental upon dvd release. Credit the director and editor for those. Julianne Moore and West are believable as VERY static characters, while Sinise, Woodard, and Edwards are given smaller bit parts in a movie with nothing but bit parts. Just wished there was more to the plot, or what little presented here was more carefully fleshed out. Expand
  24. BobH.
    Sep 23, 2004
    I was invited to watch a private screening of this film yesterday. I don't know where to begin? The acting was third rate and the actors simply sleepwalk through their lines. Anthony Edwards as the husband is an emotionless zombie. Who would want to be married to a person like him? The trailer which showed promise is the ENTIRE movie. Everything is telegraphed and totally I was invited to watch a private screening of this film yesterday. I don't know where to begin? The acting was third rate and the actors simply sleepwalk through their lines. Anthony Edwards as the husband is an emotionless zombie. Who would want to be married to a person like him? The trailer which showed promise is the ENTIRE movie. Everything is telegraphed and totally predictable. The first thirty minutes is forever and puts you to sleep. Midway through the film they have a good special effect that will wake you up if you are just dozing? But soon after, they repeat it, but by then you know you are watching a turkey and have been had. As for the ending, well, let's just say that the movie is FORGOTTEN the minute the credits start to roll. Doesn't even make a good cable movie. Preposterous. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  25. Mickeray
    Sep 25, 2004
    Bad is an understatement for this woeful mess of a movie. Can't believe it was ever made? You have been warned!
  26. Jack
    Sep 26, 2004
    Great plot, great acting, great movie.
  27. Lassiter
    Sep 26, 2004
    Somebody place bamboo shoots in my eyes as that is how bad a movie this was. If the beginning wasn't boring enough, the ending was a complete joke. As for the middle, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as the acting was putrid. This dud was forgotten the minute I left the theater. Just awful.
  28. DCleve
    Jan 18, 2005
    I saw this in the theatres and was very dissapointed. I felt no connection with the story or any of its characters. I'm a big sci-fi guy, so for this film to totally miss me is remiss on its behalf.
  29. JoeB.
    Feb 13, 2005
    The movie definitely deserves more than it's gotten. It was pretty suspenseful with a different story.
  30. JonathanZ.
    Jul 18, 2005
    A movie enjoyed best when you don't know anything about how it will turn out. Too bad the critics (professional and amateur) are giving away the danger. I suspected several people before the film disclosed the villains. And by the way, what's wrong with a deus ex machina once in a while? It was good enough for the ancient Greeks, and their stories certainly stand above most of A movie enjoyed best when you don't know anything about how it will turn out. Too bad the critics (professional and amateur) are giving away the danger. I suspected several people before the film disclosed the villains. And by the way, what's wrong with a deus ex machina once in a while? It was good enough for the ancient Greeks, and their stories certainly stand above most of the garbage our culture produces. Expand
  31. BrianH.
    Apr 10, 2006
    I am now dumber for having watched this. The digital cable review said "watch for the twist ending!" I am still waiting.....for the two hours of my life I wasted on this movie back.
  32. Jennifer
    Oct 11, 2004
    Are they serious? Anyone with even average intelligence would have found this film insulting? Just awful and simply ridiculous. I fell asleep.
  33. AutumnL.
    Oct 1, 2004
    Awesome Movie. Great Plot, great effects, and excellent acting. If you don't go see it you are missing one of the best movie experiences of the year. It is that good.
  34. Fusichinucca
    Oct 12, 2004
    I wish I had FORGOTTEN to see this trailer trash. As a matter of fact, if you saw the thirty seconds of the trailer, then you saw the entire movie. Too bad for words. Disintigrates before your very eyes.
  35. IsaacA.
    Oct 28, 2004
    This is the worst movie ever . this waste of time has no story , no performance , is just the worst case of misliding advertising ever. the six sense has nothing to do with this.
  36. LarryR.
    Oct 3, 2004
    As if the writer of the screen play had a better ending but the budget ran out. "Just blow 'em into the sky;" ok, we are outta here!
  37. BobB.
    Oct 9, 2004
    Perhaps one of the worst endings in movie history. Not one question answered putting an end to what could have been a good movie. THe last 20 minutes brought the movie from a 7 to almost a 0.
  38. Fantasy
    Sep 24, 2004
    Who makes these movies? After seeing this dud it is one of the lamest films ever made. For the actors they just picked up a paycheck and ran. The script has more holes than swiss cheese. As the storyline moves along any questions you may have are NEVER answered. The ending is so bad it is like eating cold soup. Don't waste your time or money.
  39. SandyF.
    Sep 25, 2004
    When I saw the ending I was blown out of my seat. I think most people who rate the film fail to see the film by itself without comparing it to other films. The implications in the film require intelligence to understand. The film makes you work...quite hard in a good way to understand its hidden meanings.
  40. Larrie
    Sep 26, 2004
    Sandy, if you could rate this film a perfect ten as in "Gone With The Wind," you are in desperate need of some professional help. Perhaps Gary Sinise who plays the psychiatrist in the film can help you. As he said, "You don't want to know." The worst movie of the year so far. It is laughable as is your review of the movie. Sandy, you are forgotten.
  41. Harriet
    Sep 26, 2004
    Are they serious? Perhaps one of the the stupidest movies I've seen in a long time. Time, he needs more time. Forgotten is outta here.
  42. JodeG.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Before i saw this film i was worried that it was gonna be crap. I had quickly glanced a lot of really bad reviews and was sure it was going to have an ending that just ruined anything that lead up to it. However....that was not the case. I feel critics who dismissed this movie went into it expecting one thing and when the film took a turn into another genre, they cried foul. Some superb Before i saw this film i was worried that it was gonna be crap. I had quickly glanced a lot of really bad reviews and was sure it was going to have an ending that just ruined anything that lead up to it. However....that was not the case. I feel critics who dismissed this movie went into it expecting one thing and when the film took a turn into another genre, they cried foul. Some superb acting, great special effects, intense action and some seriously scary moments make for a kick-ass movie experience. Different than anything out there, The Forgotten is definately worth a watch. Expand
  43. Amber
    Sep 26, 2004
    8.6 score by the Metacritic public? Absolutely impossible as there has to be a mistake. After seeing this disaster last night, we were all walking out of the theater shaking our heads and avoiding eye contact for fear of being recognized as stupid enough to have bought a ticket. I only wish I could have had a bag to place over my head? Quite possibly, one of the worst movies ever made. 8.6 score by the Metacritic public? Absolutely impossible as there has to be a mistake. After seeing this disaster last night, we were all walking out of the theater shaking our heads and avoiding eye contact for fear of being recognized as stupid enough to have bought a ticket. I only wish I could have had a bag to place over my head? Quite possibly, one of the worst movies ever made. Only an idiot who watches "moss grow on a rock" could have found any redeeming value in this garbage. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  44. Dan
    Sep 26, 2004
    Yuk, I think I want to puke.
  45. KevinF.
    Sep 28, 2004
    Sleeper hit of the year - - and by that, I mean you'll sleep through it.
  46. Benjithegreat
    Jan 30, 2005
    This movie is attrocious. The acting completely sucks, while the plot is uninteresting, predictable, and unfullfilling.
  47. BethW
    Jan 31, 2005
    Yes, the ending is ridiculous, but if you know that going in then you can enjoy this movie. Good acting by Moore and a great car accident scene.
  48. PeterJ.
    Feb 17, 2005
    This movie is nowhere near as bad as the critics and users say it is. While the ending was not very good (which those making the movie knew it wasn't so they added an alternative ending,) the rest of the movie was very suspensful and had me on edge up until the ending. I also agree that the car crash sceen was excellent! I don't want to ruin it but there is another worthwhile This movie is nowhere near as bad as the critics and users say it is. While the ending was not very good (which those making the movie knew it wasn't so they added an alternative ending,) the rest of the movie was very suspensful and had me on edge up until the ending. I also agree that the car crash sceen was excellent! I don't want to ruin it but there is another worthwhile seen that may jolt some out of their seats! Good movie overall. Bad ending. Expand
  49. AMovieCritic
    Feb 5, 2005
    This movie just wasn't a good one. It lacked scares, and lacked suspense! It was boring. When a movie makes even things like Aliens seem common and boring, you know there's a problem. The plot was impossible to believe, and so weird and stupid! I give the movie 4 points because it had some cool moments. (None of which I can spoil) but otherwise, it was boring! The movie even This movie just wasn't a good one. It lacked scares, and lacked suspense! It was boring. When a movie makes even things like Aliens seem common and boring, you know there's a problem. The plot was impossible to believe, and so weird and stupid! I give the movie 4 points because it had some cool moments. (None of which I can spoil) but otherwise, it was boring! The movie even lacks a climax. You may be amazed to see the credits roll. It seems to be building up to something huge...but it never happens. Everything is EXACTLY as it seems. It's boring. The Forgotten is an OK movie that, unfortunately, seemed to play on autopilot. Plus, it ends after a very weak climax. Not recommended. Expand
    Apr 3, 2005
    Better than the sixth sense.
  51. PaulD.
    Aug 1, 2005
    Preposterous & moronic plot foils the best efforts of cast & director.
  52. MarkB.
    Nov 13, 2004
    There just isn't enough space, here or elsewhere, to adequately praise Julianne Moore. In films like Safe, Far from Heaven and The Hours, she corners the market on portrayals of suburban wives and mothers whose outward security and placidity eventually gives way to hidden fears and desires that polite society doesn't allow to be discussed much less dealt with. (It's There just isn't enough space, here or elsewhere, to adequately praise Julianne Moore. In films like Safe, Far from Heaven and The Hours, she corners the market on portrayals of suburban wives and mothers whose outward security and placidity eventually gives way to hidden fears and desires that polite society doesn't allow to be discussed much less dealt with. (It's interesting that the offscreen Moore seems to have such a happy, totally uncomplicated family life.) Though I'm sure its makers weren't ambitious enough to intend it to be, The Forgotten, a modest, trendily conspiracy-minded thriller, is an interesting addition to the above list of delineations of Moore's most recognizable screen character. She plays a mom whose beloved son almost literally disappears into thin air before the movie begins; other similarly afflicted parents she meets have not only taken their tragic losses in stride, but seem to have completely forgotten that their children ever even existed. Moore not only won't forget, but her behavior--which most of us would consider for the most part absolutely normal and understandable for a grieving parent who has been denied closure--is viewed by the others (and by society) as completely inappropriate and bizarre. There are definitely all sort of potentially provocative subtexts here, but writer Gerard DiPego (Phenomenon) and director Joseph Ruben don't take the opportunities. Although this movie could be described as "The 2004 M. Night Shyamalan Movie That M. Night DIDN'T Make", Ruben is no auteur like the brains behind The Village. A competent, workmanlike thriller director who, along with Jonathan Demme, John Waters, Joe Camp, Michael Schultz and Bob Clark (what a motley crew THAT is!) is one of the very few 2004 directors to have been working since the 1970s, Ruben is primarily interested in goosing you from behind and yelling "BOO!" And that he does very effectively; an out-of-nowhere shock that Steven Spielberg delivered so effectively in Jaws, but did once and only once, is repeated several times here. (Judging from the reaction of the audience I saw this with, I've no doubt that the theater ushers who clean up the spilled popcorn and drinks between showings really earned their pay with this one.) Maybe this is why (some Metacritic voters to the contrary) The Forgotten, despite its seemingly out-of-nowhere ending that really isn't, hasn't aroused the extreme anger among some moviegoers that Shyamalan's far more ambitious, accomplished and elegant The Village has. Through it all, Moore delivers yet another perfectly tuned characterization that beautifully portrays all the necessary emotional peaks and valleys of her character's journey without ever seeming false, over the top or straining for effect. All in all, with Moore, The Forgotten is more than the sum of its parts; without Moore, it would be far, far less. Expand
  53. MarkB.
    Nov 13, 2004
  54. MichaelM.
    Oct 21, 2004
    The film is consistently engrossing and entertaining. It has you on the edge of your seat almost the whole feature length. It has strong performances from both Julianne Moore (Boogie Nights, Magnolia) and Dominic West (HBO's impressive crime caper "The Wire"). It also has some cool special effects. But it all goes down the crapper when the ending comes. The ending is a major letdown, The film is consistently engrossing and entertaining. It has you on the edge of your seat almost the whole feature length. It has strong performances from both Julianne Moore (Boogie Nights, Magnolia) and Dominic West (HBO's impressive crime caper "The Wire"). It also has some cool special effects. But it all goes down the crapper when the ending comes. The ending is a major letdown, and almost spoils the whole movie. If it wasn't for the ending I'd recommend seeing it in theaters, but since it does have a very disappointing ending, I'd recommend waiting for DVD. Expand
  55. JenS
    Dec 18, 2004
    This movie totally spooked me out- in a good way. Yes, there are some plot holes, and some very weird scenes, but it was the kind of movie that makes you think about it long after you've seen it.
  56. JedD.
    Oct 23, 2004
    What is this movie trying to say? That Julianne Moore's character loves her kid more than anyone else and that if you love your kid enough they'll come back even if they've died?
  57. JohnE.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Julianne Moore tries her hardest in the first half hour to prevent you from hoping the movie isn't what you think it is....but as the movie plunders on the cinematography and techniques [high fly bys] gives it away.....it's the X-Files after the polish wore off....it's similar to Shyamalan's Signs [which is not a good thing]. A wash out...luckily it s short....
  58. AlbertW.
    Sep 25, 2004
    I would write about the movie, but I forgot what it was...actually I guess there never was a movie....
  59. Darwin
    Horrendous.
  60. JoshL.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Despite a great opening aerial shot of New York and a car crash that will make you wet your pants in terror, the plot of this movie goes from strange to utterly inconcievable...it'll make you wonder what the writer was thinking.
  61. MaraK.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Completly inplausible, and not scary at all. to put it simply, this movie MAKES NO SENSE!
  62. HenryD.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Ouch! Somebody wake me! This was as bad as it gets. Its already FORGOTTEN.
  63. DevynS.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Did you ever wish you had some type of narrative after a movie to explain what you had seen? this movie is a perfect example of that. Maybe if they ever make a sequel we will find then out , they can call it "The Remembered."
  64. JoeyM.
    Sep 27, 2004
    Not so bad, but really not so good, either. Pros: some excellent acting, a couple of cool effects, a few genuine chills. Cons: some of the worst dialogue ever written, plot holes the size of Buicks, some cheesy effects. It is not the worst way you could spend your nine dollars, though you would probably have a better time watching it on HBO. Perhaps even in TNT.
  65. PrestonF.
    Sep 27, 2004
    This movie was not good, oh it had it's moments and a group of fine actors but the writing slowly disappeared.
  66. JackL.
    Nov 18, 2005
    An average movie with alot of potentiel, had the ending been thought out with a bit more realism. Worth a rent if your into these kind of thriller's (like the sixth sense, etc.).
  67. IanB
    Feb 22, 2005
    This was a lot better than it is being portrayed. While it is disappointing that you won't be able experience the visuals in the theatre anymore, it is still worth a rental. It has an exciting and different plot - I was so worried it was going to break down into a run-of-the-mill devil movie that is so common. Instead it will present a completely different twist. Maybe it is because This was a lot better than it is being portrayed. While it is disappointing that you won't be able experience the visuals in the theatre anymore, it is still worth a rental. It has an exciting and different plot - I was so worried it was going to break down into a run-of-the-mill devil movie that is so common. Instead it will present a completely different twist. Maybe it is because of this that some people don't like it. It definately makes you think more than your average horror flick. It has some horror parts but really is much more a thriller. Expand
  68. jcs.
    Apr 25, 2005
    Don't waste your money renting this. think "dude, where's my car". They had similar plots. Two people wake up, forget a bunch of stuff, and soon find out aliens had brainwashed them and stuff. This movie had so many plotholes that it's amazing that it even made it to theatres. If you like a movie that makes you wonder "who, where, why, what, when" after the credits roll, Don't waste your money renting this. think "dude, where's my car". They had similar plots. Two people wake up, forget a bunch of stuff, and soon find out aliens had brainwashed them and stuff. This movie had so many plotholes that it's amazing that it even made it to theatres. If you like a movie that makes you wonder "who, where, why, what, when" after the credits roll, then this movie is for you. I, on the other hand, like those questions to be answered in the movie!!! Expand

The resolution is as surprise-free as it is improbably sunny.
  2. A thriller of carefully cultivated murk. It's enigmatic in the worst sense, in that every explanation for what's going on holds less water than the last.
  3. Ultimately only Moore, with her eyes always half-damp and voice half-cracked and body language half-mad, keeps the movie on the ground, when it too often threatens to fly into the thin air, where the audience would laugh it off the screen.