8.0

1. Feb 21, 2012
    If the scene of the opening credits already affirms that it will be a heavy dip in a violent world, covered with dense blackness and incendiary, what follows is an attempt to reveal this evil once hidden behind the power and the many untruths that people from the story are trying to impose itself. The corrupt businessman to the meticulous killer, maybe even beyond that. The great ambitionIf the scene of the opening credits already affirms that it will be a heavy dip in a violent world, covered with dense blackness and incendiary, what follows is an attempt to reveal this evil once hidden behind the power and the many untruths that people from the story are trying to impose itself. The corrupt businessman to the meticulous killer, maybe even beyond that. The great ambition of the film is pervaded all these facts by the figure that resonates with insane intensity of credits lost in the narrative development, Lisbeth Salander cultivates in her "inability to live socially" - which the state condemns a hallucinatory force in her proper strangeness of being. Her impenetrability marks the film, or perhaps the latter is molded to it.

And it is in the journalistic curiosity that Mikael and Lisbeth in the particular vehemence that the entire film unfolds, not only the desire of Blomkvist to uncover the truth and try to prove to himself that after all is still a work in a universe capable unfair, but also a woman afflicted with many cruelties, far from innocent, but that is the search for a killer of women the desire to exterminate this scum of men who mistreated, echoing ghosts of Christmases past that the film does not reveal, but it suggests. Salander is the driving force that has long, affecting Mikael and the rising tension, which grows, in an investigation of a past that resonates even today.

David Fincher here is in the same technical finesse of Social Network", but quite superior to echo the masterpiece of director who is "Zodiac." He is able to develop his work respecting the genius of suspense that Stieg Larsson writes in the text at the same time deepens the personalities of his intriguing characters, from a family background that exudes decadent bitterness, wickedness and misogyny that characterize the protagonists to be precisely to the contrary, whether feminism is a transgressor of Lisbeth or the breakup of this family structure represented by Mikael, all enrolled in a theatre now conscious and well thought out.
  2. Jan 7, 2012
    Excellent drama and suspense in this film all the way through. There were some unnecessary scenes that were a little over the top for my taste but overall a very enjoyable film.
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    The original "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was an exemplary film. It had great characters and an extremely smart and suspenseful plot. Then David Fincher's version of the film came out and totally blew the original out of the water. The characters were fleshed out more, especially the exquisite Lisbeth Salander played beautifully by Rooney Mara, who totally deserved Best Actress overThe original "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was an exemplary film. It had great characters and an extremely smart and suspenseful plot. Then David Fincher's version of the film came out and totally blew the original out of the water. The characters were fleshed out more, especially the exquisite Lisbeth Salander played beautifully by Rooney Mara, who totally deserved Best Actress over Meryl Streep's wooden Margaret Thatcher. To put it bluntly, Mara's Lisbeth was a total bad ass, which was extremely needed. She played the character to a T and was more convincing than Noomi Rapace's portrayal (no offense Noomi). Daniel Craig also did a great job at playing Mikael and did the character more justice. The film was long but the length was needed. It took out all the filler nonsense of the original film and added more well-needed detail and style. David Fincher redeems himself a hundred times over after giving us the utterly terrible "Social Network" and re-instilled much needed faith back into his film making capabilities. It was taut, sleek, stylish, suspenseful and utterly provocative. Dark, graphic, and disturbing are age old trademarks of Fincher (see Fight Club and Seven) and he went and brought them back with a vengeance in this beautifully crafted and well-needed improvement to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series and can't wait to see what wonder Fincher brings to the table with the sequels. Expand
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    Great movie! Full of action, drama, and suspense. Another amazing movie by David Fincher! This movie was just a joy to watch the entire time. Can't wait for the next installment!
  5. Apr 15, 2012
    Fincher is once again brilliant and his films still remain an event. Rooney mara's performance also is on the line of perfection. I am excited for his next film.
  6. Jan 12, 2012
    Stylish, Intense and interesting. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an excellent film made by very talented film makers. Although there were a few things that were missing from the original, I found this version more enjoyable and entertaining and many important aspects of the film were explored deeper. The central character of Lisbeth is a fleshed out more and I felt I got to know theStylish, Intense and interesting. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an excellent film made by very talented film makers. Although there were a few things that were missing from the original, I found this version more enjoyable and entertaining and many important aspects of the film were explored deeper. The central character of Lisbeth is a fleshed out more and I felt I got to know the character better. The pay off to the intense scenes are also more rewarding. Perhaps the movie went 15minutes too long but it didn't worry me too much as I enjoyed the character so much. Be prepared for some intense graphic scenes but there is a point to it all. Recommended. Expand
  7. Feb 1, 2012
    David Fincher's return to serial killer territory is a welcome one, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an excellent crime thriller and one of year's best films. The modern day master of tension crafts an abrasive yet engaging movie, which tells the popular murder mystery story in an eclectic way. It can be considered an improvement from the Swedish version thanks to intriguingDavid Fincher's return to serial killer territory is a welcome one, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an excellent crime thriller and one of year's best films. The modern day master of tension crafts an abrasive yet engaging movie, which tells the popular murder mystery story in an eclectic way. It can be considered an improvement from the Swedish version thanks to intriguing storytelling, the more detailed focus on the investigation and the portrayal of some characters. The crafts in this film were also top notch from its atmospheric score to its pulp film editing. Rooney Mara gives an edgy performance as the iconic Lisbeth Salander (applause) and I've always had an issue with Blomkvist's character but Daniel Craig did a good job portraying him in this adaptation. Despite my enthusiasm I'm not certain how thrilled I am about a sequel to a movie of this sort, but I'll wait and see how it goes. Expand
  8. May 19, 2012
    Smart, gritty, well-paced, and beautifully shot, this incarnation succeeds in every way that the original failed. Featuring excellent direction by David Fincer and strong performances from Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, and a magnificent, career-defining performance from Rooney Mara in the titular role, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is most certainly aSmart, gritty, well-paced, and beautifully shot, this incarnation succeeds in every way that the original failed. Featuring excellent direction by David Fincer and strong performances from Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, and a magnificent, career-defining performance from Rooney Mara in the titular role, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is most certainly a must-see for any fans of dark drama. A+ Expand
  9. May 16, 2012
    One of david fincher's best films. Sure, at first it starts out kinda slow, but it speeds up. And once it does, it's like a punch right in the gut. Its brutal, intruiging, and captivating all at the same time. The best crime thriller i have ever seen.
  10. Jan 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this was a very well made film. Fastest 2 and a half hours I've ever spent at the movies. Funny, the book is too slow, and the film may be a little too fast. I understand why, because the paperback of the book runs at 600+ pages. But I think I would have been a bit lost if I hadn't read the book beforehand. The narrative suffered a little in my opinion. I wish the whole libel case subplot could have been even more condensed than it was, so as to leave more time to develop the central mystery. I felt that section of the story lost some impact, especially the final revelation of what happened to Harriet. (Then again, it fell rather flat in the book as well.)

The leads were excellent, especially Rooney Mara as Lisbeth. Very convincing. Because of having to fit everything into feature length, most of the secondary characters were not too well developed. This really hurt in terms of suspense at the movie's climax. There was only one character with enough screen time to be the culprit (if you hadn't already guessed him just from the camera shots of his house in its dominant, isolated position). One problem I had was that the dialogue was sometimes very hard to pick up. Either the actors were mumbling or the background sound was too high.

Especially given the unwieldiness of the source material, it's a very good film. I haven't seen the Swedish original yet. Oh, someone was angry that they gave Blomqvist a daughter. That was done by the author, and her film role is pretty much what her role was in the novel.
  11. j30
    Mar 25, 2012
    When I heard David Fincher was remaking the excellent Swedish film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I wasn't as worried as most people were. Fincher, having made Seven and Fight Club, I thought the source material was right up his alley. The film itself doesn't surpass the Swedish original, but is well acted and a well made film. The score is excellent by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. IWhen I heard David Fincher was remaking the excellent Swedish film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I wasn't as worried as most people were. Fincher, having made Seven and Fight Club, I thought the source material was right up his alley. The film itself doesn't surpass the Swedish original, but is well acted and a well made film. The score is excellent by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. I guess the one thing is missing is the discomfort from the original. Expand
  12. Feb 26, 2012
    David Fincher definitely kept his charm on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo . Its an amazing mystery film that I was waiting so long. Amazing screenplay and amazing directing . Daniel Craig was really good at his role . Rooney Mara definitely pulled off her emo look and her acting was her best (undoubtedly ). Filming location was in one word AMAZING . It was perfect for the film . It wasDavid Fincher definitely kept his charm on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo . Its an amazing mystery film that I was waiting so long. Amazing screenplay and amazing directing . Daniel Craig was really good at his role . Rooney Mara definitely pulled off her emo look and her acting was her best (undoubtedly ). Filming location was in one word AMAZING . It was perfect for the film . It was Snowy , Dark , Cold , The three best weather for an amazing mystery .
    So much looking forward to see a Sequel . Sony said they will be filmed back to back and I wish they would release those the same way.
  13. Jan 28, 2012
    De la part de David Fincher, réalisateur de Se7en, j'en attendais beaucoup de ce remake américain et seconde adaptation de l'oeuvre de Stieg Larsson, à commencer par un travail soigné au niveau de l'atmosphère. L'envie de voir un véritable chef-d'oeuvre qui s'est confirmée dès le (sublime)De la part de David Fincher, réalisateur de Se7en, j'en attendais beaucoup de ce remake américain et seconde adaptation de l'oeuvre de Stieg Larsson, à commencer par un travail soigné au niveau de l'atmosphère. L'envie de voir un véritable chef-d'oeuvre qui s'est confirmée dès le (sublime) générique de début, ce dernier nous mettant immédiatement dans l'ambiance. D'accord, il n'y a pas trop de prises de risques, du fait que l'ensemble reste fidèle à l'esprit du livre. Mais ce remake se montre bien plus imposant que son prédécesseur suédo-danois. Il faut dire que le casting est de qualité, au point qu'on laisse de côté les acteurs originaux (Rooney Mara remplaçant sans mal la pourtant excellente Noomi Rapace); que l'ambiance du film est au-delà de mes espérances car étant prenante, dérangeante et palpitante (grâce aux effets sonores et à la BO); que le scénario est légèrement différent (question détails); et que l'on ne s'ennuit pas une seule seconde pendant 2h38. Bref, une réussite! Expand
  14. Jan 14, 2012
    Woefully miscast, Daniel Craig is way too cool and confident for the character part and is one of the main negatives. The other is that the movie attempts to differentiate itself from the original mainly with a faster pace .. which is the general reason US movies suck when compared to European counterparts.
  15. Jan 1, 2012
    It seems sacrilegious to suggest this, but I enjoyed it more than the Swedish film: a greater sense of tension is created and Rooney Mara is much closer to how I pictured Lisbeth when reading the book than Noomi Rapace. And it is not a remake of that film...it is a different dramatisation of the book IMO. And a better one!
  16. Feb 13, 2012
    What a bloody brilliant film.....I've not read the books or seen the Swedish versions but I was utterly transfixed from go to woe......
    This is by far my film of the year thus far.
  17. Jan 7, 2012
    I thought this movie was decent. It just didn't live up to its Swedish counterpart or the expectations I had for it. The complexity and mystery of the movie were handicapped by the standard American strategy of bludgeoning the viewer over the head with every significant fact. This, for a Hollywood move, was pretty good though overall.
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    It’s quite an accomplishment when a fine young actress with lesser known credentials than her A-List co-star, manages to steal the spotlight away in dramatic fashion, Rooney Mara does exactly that to Daniel Craig, this remake of the 2009 Swedish film packs quite the punch in terms of mystery and intrigue, it drew me in with the separate storylines which eventually intertwined, but the leadIt’s quite an accomplishment when a fine young actress with lesser known credentials than her A-List co-star, manages to steal the spotlight away in dramatic fashion, Rooney Mara does exactly that to Daniel Craig, this remake of the 2009 Swedish film packs quite the punch in terms of mystery and intrigue, it drew me in with the separate storylines which eventually intertwined, but the lead performances are the real gold stars of the film. Lisbeth Solander is the girl in question, and what a fascinating specimen this girl is, underneath the gothic clothing, erratic eating and one night stands, Solander has a brilliant mind, but a fragile state is the even ground, we know that she has been raising herself from a young age, she does what she wants and really because she can, dresses as she does probably due to a lack of opinion from others and has taught herself to remain alone and isolated from society, yet when she is faced with a problem she will try her hardest to figure out a way around it, including her appointed guardian (Yorick van Wageningen) abusing her to the point of desperation, she isn’t a girl to be taken lightly, but she finds an unlikely friend in the man she was hired to investigate earlier, Mikael Blomkvist (Craig), who has his own problems. His story picks up surrounding a court battle which he has little chance of coming out on top, he decides to help out an old and tiring millionaire called Henrik Vanger (Christopher Plummer) who lives on a private island, cut off from the mainland, he hopes journalist Blomkvist will help him try and solve the disappearance and probable death of his niece Harriet 40 years earlier, but when Blomkvist starts to dig, he realises the mess the family is in, relatives not speaking to each other, Nazi beliefs, estranged children and how clues seem to lead back to one or the other, a family matter indeed. The paths of the two leads cross as Blomkvist seeks the help of the young Solander, and their unorthodox relationship ensues.
    The film has much more than what it is at first glance, its a fascinating script with excellent performances being brought to life through the likes of Stellan Skarsgärd and Steven Berkoff, they all have secrets and unknown tales in their secluded island, but they all want to know why now? Why look for clues to the young girl now? Director David Fincher has a talent for making the little details count, the smoking habits, the sexual nature of the characters and the seclusion of it all, he captures the mood of a typically murky and gritty time with a beaten cottage beside a lake with snow falling heavily to the ground, the two leads come from very different lives, yet wind up on the hunt for a potential murderer on a secluded island. Mara holds her own with edgy brilliance and the damaged genius of Solander, Craig is a confident individual passes this to Mikael Blomkvist, a man who had it all but let his status get the better of him, Solander could be the very thing to bring him back down. This is a fascinating thriller that rightfully relies on its characters to spark the mystery of the story, its smart, intriguing and offers a different view in terms of heroic actions from unlikely individuals.
  19. Jan 2, 2012
    By no means did I think this was a bad movie per say; however, I can say with complete confidence that it was not what I expected. This movie is not safe for children everyone, so don't bring your kids; it's a mature thriller with a lot of sex, graphic violence, and disturbing moments. Overall, this movie was good, not great, but enjoyable nonetheless to any fan of cinema. Rooney Mara didBy no means did I think this was a bad movie per say; however, I can say with complete confidence that it was not what I expected. This movie is not safe for children everyone, so don't bring your kids; it's a mature thriller with a lot of sex, graphic violence, and disturbing moments. Overall, this movie was good, not great, but enjoyable nonetheless to any fan of cinema. Rooney Mara did a great job in her role of Lisbeth Salander, which I don't believe many people could pull off with so convincingly. I also believe Craig did a good enough job in the moments when he needed to portray emotion, but overall his character didn't truly stand out. The rest of the actors did a well enough job with their respective characters, but no other stand outs were really present. The plot is the true show here. Based on the novel of the same name, I was very captivated by the amount of immersion and detail was in this film. That can mainly be attributed to the two and a half hour runtime, which I'm sure has many potential viewers on edge. If you're willing to sit through the somewhat slow opening of Mara's character, it really picks up about an hour in and you are treated with some great interactions between Lisbeth and Mikael. The pacing, I'm sure, will appeal to many people; it's fast and entertaining. Personally, I'm not a huge fan because it can lead to unrealistic conversations and can be a bit hard to follow how characters reach certain conclusions, but it shouldn't bother most people. Fincher does a fantastic job directing as he does in all his films. This movie does hold similar "dark" tendencies to other Fincher-directed movies like Se7en and Fight Club, but there are definitely moments when The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo exceeds them. I cannot personally vouch for the movies accuracy to the original novel; however, I heard from my sister that she believed that for the most part it was close to the book, but there were a few parts where it wasn't and really confused her. Given Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's previous work in The Social Network, I had high hopes for the score of Fincher's latest. I can't necessarily say I was disappointed with the score, but it didn't fully immerse me like The Social Network's brilliant score. Given Lisbeth's detestable behavior and character, it's shows pure talent how Fincher is able to connect us with her and care about her, at all for that matter. And by the end, you'll really feel for her in the sequel preparing conclusion. With everything accounted, this movie definitely has some faults and some confusing moments, but I found it to be very entertaining (albeit very dark), gripping, and definitely not feeling like two and a half hours. But I must once again stress the point: DO NOT BRING KIDS TO THIS MOVIE. Expand
  20. Dec 30, 2011
    This film is great I wish I didn't see the Swedish version cause I hated knowing what was gonna happen but I have to believe for the people who didn't see it it was amazing..
  21. Jan 25, 2012
    Having viewed the Swedish Millennium Trilogy, I have newfound respect for Fincher and Zallian's Dragon Tattoo film. It's impeccably shot(as expected), but I think they made many good choices as it relates to improving the source material(cinematically speaking). I even think they improved the latter narrative and suspense in most cases. The trouble with the Dragon Tattoo movie is theHaving viewed the Swedish Millennium Trilogy, I have newfound respect for Fincher and Zallian's Dragon Tattoo film. It's impeccably shot(as expected), but I think they made many good choices as it relates to improving the source material(cinematically speaking). I even think they improved the latter narrative and suspense in most cases. The trouble with the Dragon Tattoo movie is the pacing between Salander and Blomvquist; it's jumpy and at times unnecessarily speedy. It also tries to much to adhere to the source material, when I think they could have made a few more changes and cranked up the 2 hrs and 44 minutes into some more meaty details regarding the plot. I hope they radically change films two and three if the trilogy is going to be remade. The Swedish/Danish production falls flat by film 3 in a big way, and Lisbeth Salander character deserves a better story. Expand
  22. Jan 7, 2012
    Return of the Jed.. Fincher. I loved the swedish trilogy, and my favourite books are Stieg Larsson's creations. Noomi Rapace was the perfect Lisbeth for me, and I didn't like Rooney Mara before.. But.. It's a great movie! Mara is brilliant, and Craig is better Mikael Blomkvist than (my favourite swedish actor) Michael Nyqvist. Fincher is back!
  23. Jan 28, 2012
    out of DETECTIVE movies...sherlock holmes, tinker and Dragon tattoo..this one is the best by far...will keep you guessing and the chilly baltic sea locales will keep you extra chilled.
  24. Jan 22, 2012
    Well this movie, pretty much answers any cynics that it could never top the original. The director pretty much did not care and gave the movie a personality that makes an almost perfect thriller. It's weird that the changes from the original movie and the source of it all, make this a great movie, which is tidied up to focus on whose the killer rather than the bigger, more complicatedWell this movie, pretty much answers any cynics that it could never top the original. The director pretty much did not care and gave the movie a personality that makes an almost perfect thriller. It's weird that the changes from the original movie and the source of it all, make this a great movie, which is tidied up to focus on whose the killer rather than the bigger, more complicated picture. Craig and Plummer provide two great characters which are easy to like. Mara is great as well and provides a different side of Lisbeth than Repace. This movie can also sum up all of Fincher's work...this is how varied it all is. It could be almost perfect if it weren't for the final part. It opens up to the possibility of a trilogy and ends kind of stale, because the movie already climaxed and kind of doesn't want to end. Expand
  25. Jan 7, 2012
    This is a great movie, highly recommend all to watch it. I saw both this version and the Swedish version, The English version was WAY superior. I cannot wait to read the book.
  26. Dec 27, 2011
    While it's certainly not as great of film as the Swedish version, this American remake still provides an intriguing mystery even if the plot points have all been covered before. The movie is over two hours long, but with the storyline and Fincher's pacing, the whole movie goes by rather fast. I already knew the storyline, and I never felt the movie drag. I can only imagine how fast thisWhile it's certainly not as great of film as the Swedish version, this American remake still provides an intriguing mystery even if the plot points have all been covered before. The movie is over two hours long, but with the storyline and Fincher's pacing, the whole movie goes by rather fast. I already knew the storyline, and I never felt the movie drag. I can only imagine how fast this movie would fly for those unfamiliar with it. The performances are also solid. Craig plays a good Blomkvist, but the real standout is Rooney Mara. When I heard that "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was getting an American version, my prime concern was who would play Lisbeth Salander as credibly as Noomi Rapace did in the Swedish film. Then when I found out Mara was cast, I had my doubts. It was kind of like when I heard Heath Ledger would be playing the Joker in "The Dark Knight." But just like Ledger, Mara turned all of my doubts away the second she appeared in the film. I'm not going to go so far as to say I liked her better than Rapace, but the fact that she was able to go toe-to-toe with her was pretty damn impressive. She definitely has an exciting career ahead of her after giving one of the most transformational performances of the year. In fact, she is pretty much the only reason to see this if you have read the books or seen the Swedish film. If you haven't seen the Swedish movie be sure to do so before you see this. Like I mentioned before, the mystery here is intriguing, but in the Swedish version it is absolutely fascinating, and it all has to do with the pacing. Yes, the pacing is faster here causing the running time to breeze by. But the Swedish version played it smart. It took its time slowly enveloping you in the mystery. This is an element that's missing here, and it constantly keeps this version from reaching greatness. Also, Fincher spends far too much time developing a subplot at the very end. The Swedish version wrapped up the same subplot in a shorter amount of time, giving us the exact same information in a more efficient and focused way. What I would recommend is this. First, rent the Swedish movie and avoid seeing this in theaters. Then, rent this version when it comes out on DVD. It'll make for an interesting comparison to see how two expert directors (one unproven, the other legendary) helm the same story. Expand
  27. Jul 30, 2012
    A remake done really well that complies with the plot and understand when it is terrible violence suffered by women and when they are horrible people who violate them. Excellent photography and the dark atmosphere and dramatic film, fantastic actors especially that of Rooney Mara, who has managed to give us a wonderful interpretation of Lisbeth.
  28. Jan 30, 2012
    This movie was just brilliant. Arguably my favorite movie of the year David Fincher brought us something that only be described as cinematic art. Fincher struck gold with his Lisbeth, Rooney Mara. She steals the show as is made obvious by her much deserved Oscar nomination. She really should win in my opinion but probably won't because the Academy messes up most of the time. Really just aThis movie was just brilliant. Arguably my favorite movie of the year David Fincher brought us something that only be described as cinematic art. Fincher struck gold with his Lisbeth, Rooney Mara. She steals the show as is made obvious by her much deserved Oscar nomination. She really should win in my opinion but probably won't because the Academy messes up most of the time. Really just a beautifully written, perfectly acted, and professionally directed work of art. Perfect. Expand
  29. Jun 9, 2013
    meh, not really that much to say about this, it's enjoyable and adequately paced. having a boring tuesday afternoon and apparently nothing better to do watch this
  30. Feb 22, 2013
    Does the international sensation The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo live up to all the hype? In my estimation, no! There is no denying that the story is amazing. The book may be amazing, and the original Swedish version of the film might be equally amazing, but David Fincher's adaptation of it is not. From the very beginning it seems as thou he's trying to turn this story into something it'sDoes the international sensation The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo live up to all the hype? In my estimation, no! There is no denying that the story is amazing. The book may be amazing, and the original Swedish version of the film might be equally amazing, but David Fincher's adaptation of it is not. From the very beginning it seems as thou he's trying to turn this story into something it's not, a sequel to Seven. The story is fantastic, however, there are so many odd names and so many mumbled lines thrown at you so quickly, that you're easily confused. At many points in this film I was confused, and even when the killer was revealed, my reaction was "which one is that?" Besides being confusing, the film has about an hour of footage that has nothing to do with the main story and just adds to the overall confusion of the film. Like I said, the story is really good, the actors were really good also, but the film was just very long and confusing, and to be honest, I really wasn't all that impressed by it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 22, 2011
    Has much to recommend it - high-end craftsmanship, a singular heroine, a labyrinthine mystery, an intriguing milieu - yet lacks a vital spark.
    David Fincher's American remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo adds nothing to the previous adaptation, but it's certainly the more evocative piece of filmmaking.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Dec 22, 2011
    From him (Fincher), we get – what? – a faithful adaptation that brings the dazzle but shortchanges on the daring.