8.0

1. Jan 2, 2012
    I am quite frankly gobsmacked at the reviews this film has received. This film was my joint favourite of the year, tying with drive. Me and my girlfriend have read the books within the past year, and sat down to watch the extended version of the Swedish film the night before. To both of us, the difference was like night and day. The pacing in the Swedish version was plodding, and LisbethI am quite frankly gobsmacked at the reviews this film has received. This film was my joint favourite of the year, tying with drive. Me and my girlfriend have read the books within the past year, and sat down to watch the extended version of the Swedish film the night before. To both of us, the difference was like night and day. The pacing in the Swedish version was plodding, and Lisbeth felt far too friendly (as did Henrik Vanger). And despite it being an extended version, so much great stuff from the books was omitted.

David Fincher did exactly what I wanted; he upped the pace to the point where lines nearly overlap, cramming in tons of content in a shorter space of time. Not only that, Lisbeth was almost perfect, feeling as spiky, cold and unapproachable as she should do (although I personally would give her an internal monologue if I directed the film). Gladly the film followed suit and reflected her personality, meaning that as opposed to the Swedish film, she felt more like the main character she should be.

My only complaint would be of choosing Daniel Craig as Blomkvist. I personally felt he was quite fatherly and warm, until he was obsessed in his work. Daniel felt a little cold throughout, and exuded a little more confidence than I would've expected. That said, seeing him as Bond does not help my case.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed it; the music, cinematography, pacing, acting and plotline were exactly what I was looking for. Better than the Swedish film if you're looking for a more spiky, frightening, fast-paced take on TGWTDT.
  2. Dec 23, 2011
    I've read the books and seen the original Swedish movies - I'm a fan. This was very well made, engrossing, enjoyable and well worth the time spent. The fact that I knew the plot and had seen the prior film did not diminish the experience - it was intriguing to see what another director would do with the book, and he did a great job. Go see it - you won't be disappointed (as opposed to theI've read the books and seen the original Swedish movies - I'm a fan. This was very well made, engrossing, enjoyable and well worth the time spent. The fact that I knew the plot and had seen the prior film did not diminish the experience - it was intriguing to see what another director would do with the book, and he did a great job. Go see it - you won't be disappointed (as opposed to the Mission Impossible film, by the way, which was ridiculously bad. Just had to put that negative plug in there). Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2012
    The question is, would you rather watch an excellent David Fincher film or have the world's most passionate feminist scream in your face and then punch you in the stomach? You can have both here without the physical pain of course, but you better have something soft and warm to hug by the time the credits appear.
  4. Dec 22, 2011
    This movie is a solid 10. They made some changes from the book of the same name. It's hard to say it's better than the book but I can say it's an upgrade over the Swedish film adaptation. Rooney Mara is perfect as Lisbeth and Daniel Craig gives the best performance of his career as Mikael. David Fincher did an amazing job directing as was expected. There's chilling and intense moments asThis movie is a solid 10. They made some changes from the book of the same name. It's hard to say it's better than the book but I can say it's an upgrade over the Swedish film adaptation. Rooney Mara is perfect as Lisbeth and Daniel Craig gives the best performance of his career as Mikael. David Fincher did an amazing job directing as was expected. There's chilling and intense moments as well as endearing ones. It's all highly effective. Truly brilliant. Expand
  5. Feb 15, 2012
    I have to stay really honest here, and I must say that I haven't seen a better movie in past, well, year and a half, maybe. I'm so captivated by it, and I still think about the movie's plot and the characters, who did an amazing job, especially Rooney Mara. I haven't seen the Swedish version yet ( the original - always the best ) but this movie is quite perfect. I usually oversleep movies,I have to stay really honest here, and I must say that I haven't seen a better movie in past, well, year and a half, maybe. I'm so captivated by it, and I still think about the movie's plot and the characters, who did an amazing job, especially Rooney Mara. I haven't seen the Swedish version yet ( the original - always the best ) but this movie is quite perfect. I usually oversleep movies, but dude, was I awake. It kept my attention till the end. I highly recommend this movie. Expand
  6. Feb 11, 2012
    David Fincher did his lurid best. See this English adaptation with fresh look. Rooney Mara's Lisbeth Salander is different with Noomi Rapace's. And also the movie, although a drawback but it's different air. Not Fincher's best work but it also great in every level.
  7. Dec 25, 2011
    Excellent. Engaging for the whole time. I'm thinking Brendan shouldn't go to anymore movies... just in case they might be a remake; it is obvious he didn't judge this movie on it merits. Though it is a long movie, it keep me wondering what was going to happen next, and I wasn't bored (and I don't like movies over 2 hours, just too self-indulgent by the director usually) but this oneExcellent. Engaging for the whole time. I'm thinking Brendan shouldn't go to anymore movies... just in case they might be a remake; it is obvious he didn't judge this movie on it merits. Though it is a long movie, it keep me wondering what was going to happen next, and I wasn't bored (and I don't like movies over 2 hours, just too self-indulgent by the director usually) but this one succeeds where other directors and editors lose their way. Expand
  8. Jan 7, 2012
    Excellent drama and suspense in this film all the way through. There were some unnecessary scenes that were a little over the top for my taste but overall a very enjoyable film.
  9. Mar 20, 2012
    The original "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was an exemplary film. It had great characters and an extremely smart and suspenseful plot. Then David Fincher's version of the film came out and totally blew the original out of the water. The characters were fleshed out more, especially the exquisite Lisbeth Salander played beautifully by Rooney Mara, who totally deserved Best Actress overThe original "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was an exemplary film. It had great characters and an extremely smart and suspenseful plot. Then David Fincher's version of the film came out and totally blew the original out of the water. The characters were fleshed out more, especially the exquisite Lisbeth Salander played beautifully by Rooney Mara, who totally deserved Best Actress over Meryl Streep's wooden Margaret Thatcher. To put it bluntly, Mara's Lisbeth was a total bad ass, which was extremely needed. She played the character to a T and was more convincing than Noomi Rapace's portrayal (no offense Noomi). Daniel Craig also did a great job at playing Mikael and did the character more justice. The film was long but the length was needed. It took out all the filler nonsense of the original film and added more well-needed detail and style. David Fincher redeems himself a hundred times over after giving us the utterly terrible "Social Network" and re-instilled much needed faith back into his film making capabilities. It was taut, sleek, stylish, suspenseful and utterly provocative. Dark, graphic, and disturbing are age old trademarks of Fincher (see Fight Club and Seven) and he went and brought them back with a vengeance in this beautifully crafted and well-needed improvement to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series and can't wait to see what wonder Fincher brings to the table with the sequels. Expand
  10. May 19, 2012
    Smart, gritty, well-paced, and beautifully shot, this incarnation succeeds in every way that the original failed. Featuring excellent direction by David Fincer and strong performances from Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, and a magnificent, career-defining performance from Rooney Mara in the titular role, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is most certainly aSmart, gritty, well-paced, and beautifully shot, this incarnation succeeds in every way that the original failed. Featuring excellent direction by David Fincer and strong performances from Daniel Craig, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, and a magnificent, career-defining performance from Rooney Mara in the titular role, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is most certainly a must-see for any fans of dark drama. A+ Expand
  11. Dec 21, 2011
    God Damn, this film is excellent. Fincher has that signature style that keeps audiences entertained and engaged with the story, characters, and dialogue. I can honestly say that there was nothing that i disliked about TGWTDT. I was a little skeptical about how the soundtrack would turn out, because I'm not a huge Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross fan, but it surprisingly complimented the moviesGod Damn, this film is excellent. Fincher has that signature style that keeps audiences entertained and engaged with the story, characters, and dialogue. I can honestly say that there was nothing that i disliked about TGWTDT. I was a little skeptical about how the soundtrack would turn out, because I'm not a huge Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross fan, but it surprisingly complimented the movies dark and ominous tone in the most subtly effective way possible. The cinematography is nothing short of amazing, along with the lighting, sound, and editing. Fincher has this uncanny ability to keep the camera "calm" in the brutally graphic, high-tension scenes. I could go on and on about how good this film is, but just go see it for yourself. Expand
  12. Dec 21, 2011
    Anyone that is complaining about how this is a remake of a movie that came out last year, the original film of the same name actually came out in 2009. Also, it is a remake, but it's a remake by one of greatest directors in our time, David "F*ckin" Fincher. Deal with it, not every American saw the original film, so give the remake a break everyone. Next, Daniel Craig is a marvelous actorAnyone that is complaining about how this is a remake of a movie that came out last year, the original film of the same name actually came out in 2009. Also, it is a remake, but it's a remake by one of greatest directors in our time, David "F*ckin" Fincher. Deal with it, not every American saw the original film, so give the remake a break everyone. Next, Daniel Craig is a marvelous actor throughout the film, next with Rooney Mara, who was also in the film "The Social Network." The film looks beautiful, Fincher's creative way of capturing the settings and the realistic emotions of the characters are superb. You can see prior films by Fincher in this film, including "Se7en" and "The Social Network." The soundtrack is also great by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, who previously created the soundtrack for "The Social Network." All in all, everyone who is "angry" about this remake should shut it and just enjoy the film as it was intended from Fincher's and Zaillian's perspective. Expand
  13. Jan 14, 2012
    Woefully miscast, Daniel Craig is way too cool and confident for the character part and is one of the main negatives. The other is that the movie attempts to differentiate itself from the original mainly with a faster pace .. which is the general reason US movies suck when compared to European counterparts.
  14. Dec 21, 2011
    I LOVED the original, Swedish version. I though "ok, this will be good, but it's still a remake." Sure, the film is a remake of the Swedish version because "American's don't read subtitles," but usually they aren't as good as the original, they certainly don't surpass it, TGWTDT did that. It's better than the already great original film.
  15. Dec 28, 2011
    Alright, let's get one thing straight. David Fincher directed an ADAPTATION of the original novel by Stieg Larsson. And it's an EXCELLENT one at that.
    The film is dark, eerie, creepy, and disturbing and graphic... and that's what makes it excellent! The cinematography is gorgeous, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross once again compose another Oscar-worthy film score, and David Fincher's direction is exceptional. What makes it better is Rooney Mara's portrayal of Lisbeth Salander (she's a GIANT badass in the film) and its being more faithful to the novel.
    Should you see this film? Yes, you should.
    Ps. To the negative reviews saying that it drags on too long, quit your **** You couldn't be any more wrong. I saw the film and I felt the time go way too fast, I desired more when the credits began to roll, even if I know how it ends.
  16. Jan 8, 2012
    Absolutely awesome! Everything about it is just great. Fincher did an outstanding job. I have read all three books and seen the original foreign films and I gotta say Fincher's version is the best. I don't see any reason to hate on this movie just because it was made after the original, if you like the original better that's great, watch it over and over again. As for me, I'll be watchingAbsolutely awesome! Everything about it is just great. Fincher did an outstanding job. I have read all three books and seen the original foreign films and I gotta say Fincher's version is the best. I don't see any reason to hate on this movie just because it was made after the original, if you like the original better that's great, watch it over and over again. As for me, I'll be watching Fincher's version over and over again simply because I enjoyed it alot more. It looked better, it was acted better and the music was freaking fantastic! Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are geniuses, I think the music may have been my favourite part of the movie. Although it did make a few changes to the story that I'm not entirely happy about, this movie did the book justice and was awesome from beginning to end! Expand
  17. Nov 1, 2013
    It’s quite an accomplishment when a fine young actress with lesser known credentials than her A-List co-star, manages to steal the spotlight away in dramatic fashion, Rooney Mara does exactly that to Daniel Craig, this remake of the 2009 Swedish film packs quite the punch in terms of mystery and intrigue, it drew me in with the separate storylines which eventually intertwined, but the leadIt’s quite an accomplishment when a fine young actress with lesser known credentials than her A-List co-star, manages to steal the spotlight away in dramatic fashion, Rooney Mara does exactly that to Daniel Craig, this remake of the 2009 Swedish film packs quite the punch in terms of mystery and intrigue, it drew me in with the separate storylines which eventually intertwined, but the lead performances are the real gold stars of the film. Lisbeth Solander is the girl in question, and what a fascinating specimen this girl is, underneath the gothic clothing, erratic eating and one night stands, Solander has a brilliant mind, but a fragile state is the even ground, we know that she has been raising herself from a young age, she does what she wants and really because she can, dresses as she does probably due to a lack of opinion from others and has taught herself to remain alone and isolated from society, yet when she is faced with a problem she will try her hardest to figure out a way around it, including her appointed guardian (Yorick van Wageningen) abusing her to the point of desperation, she isn’t a girl to be taken lightly, but she finds an unlikely friend in the man she was hired to investigate earlier, Mikael Blomkvist (Craig), who has his own problems. His story picks up surrounding a court battle which he has little chance of coming out on top, he decides to help out an old and tiring millionaire called Henrik Vanger (Christopher Plummer) who lives on a private island, cut off from the mainland, he hopes journalist Blomkvist will help him try and solve the disappearance and probable death of his niece Harriet 40 years earlier, but when Blomkvist starts to dig, he realises the mess the family is in, relatives not speaking to each other, Nazi beliefs, estranged children and how clues seem to lead back to one or the other, a family matter indeed. The paths of the two leads cross as Blomkvist seeks the help of the young Solander, and their unorthodox relationship ensues.
    The film has much more than what it is at first glance, its a fascinating script with excellent performances being brought to life through the likes of Stellan Skarsgärd and Steven Berkoff, they all have secrets and unknown tales in their secluded island, but they all want to know why now? Why look for clues to the young girl now? Director David Fincher has a talent for making the little details count, the smoking habits, the sexual nature of the characters and the seclusion of it all, he captures the mood of a typically murky and gritty time with a beaten cottage beside a lake with snow falling heavily to the ground, the two leads come from very different lives, yet wind up on the hunt for a potential murderer on a secluded island. Mara holds her own with edgy brilliance and the damaged genius of Solander, Craig is a confident individual passes this to Mikael Blomkvist, a man who had it all but let his status get the better of him, Solander could be the very thing to bring him back down. This is a fascinating thriller that rightfully relies on its characters to spark the mystery of the story, its smart, intriguing and offers a different view in terms of heroic actions from unlikely individuals.
  18. Dec 30, 2011
    This film is great I wish I didn't see the Swedish version cause I hated knowing what was gonna happen but I have to believe for the people who didn't see it it was amazing..
  19. Jan 7, 2012
    Return of the Jed.. Fincher. I loved the swedish trilogy, and my favourite books are Stieg Larsson's creations. Noomi Rapace was the perfect Lisbeth for me, and I didn't like Rooney Mara before.. But.. It's a great movie! Mara is brilliant, and Craig is better Mikael Blomkvist than (my favourite swedish actor) Michael Nyqvist. Fincher is back!
  20. Jan 7, 2012
    This is a great movie, highly recommend all to watch it. I saw both this version and the Swedish version, The English version was WAY superior. I cannot wait to read the book.
  21. Dec 24, 2011
    I saw this movie without seeing any of the swedish films or having read any of the books. I thought this movie was amazing. I thought everything about it was amazing. I went home and read that about half of everyone who saw it thought the original was superior, so i watched the first swedish film. THE SWEDISH FILM DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE, IT IS A PILE OF GARBAGE COMPARED TO FINCHER'SI saw this movie without seeing any of the swedish films or having read any of the books. I thought this movie was amazing. I thought everything about it was amazing. I went home and read that about half of everyone who saw it thought the original was superior, so i watched the first swedish film. THE SWEDISH FILM DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE, IT IS A PILE OF GARBAGE COMPARED TO FINCHER'S VERSION. David Fincher told the story perfectly, and then when i watched the swedish version, i was like "what is this" a story is barely present, and is told so horribly. Expand
  22. Jul 30, 2012
    A remake done really well that complies with the plot and understand when it is terrible violence suffered by women and when they are horrible people who violate them. Excellent photography and the dark atmosphere and dramatic film, fantastic actors especially that of Rooney Mara, who has managed to give us a wonderful interpretation of Lisbeth.
  23. Dec 21, 2011
    David Fincher's "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" is exceptional. I write this having read the novel only one week before. It was amazing to see a master filmmaker lend his vision and excellent craft to a story that I truly enjoyed. Fans of the novel will note that a few side-plots are deleted and unfortunately a very revelatory journey at the end of the story is omitted. But the theDavid Fincher's "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" is exceptional. I write this having read the novel only one week before. It was amazing to see a master filmmaker lend his vision and excellent craft to a story that I truly enjoyed. Fans of the novel will note that a few side-plots are deleted and unfortunately a very revelatory journey at the end of the story is omitted. But the the detailed character development, thriller, mystery, romance (?), and real-life horror elements are all there.

For a few days I've been reading deprecatory reviews that said this is a "slicker" version than the original Swedish film. They were correct in that it is more streamlined and wrong in that it is the worse for it. The book is 682 pages, how do you fit that into 2.5 hours? The director and screen-writer have to move plot points along at a brisk pace.

Immediately after seeing Fincher's version I watched the original Swedish movie online. The difference is night and day. I loved the original movie when I saw it in an art-house theater a few years ago. But now that I've seen Fincher's vision? David Fincher and his Director of Photography bring a true cinematic brilliance to what is at first a whodunnit and then turns out to be a mix of emotional character study and real life horror on many levels.

Daniel Craig as the male lead is great but maybe not as "real" and haggard as Nyqvist in the original film. But the standout of the whole movie, above and beyond the harrowing script, is Rooney Mara's portrayal of Lisbeth Salander.

Where Noomi Rapace excellently portrayed Salander in the original film as an aggressive punk, Mara conveys social and emotional scars not just through her appearance (peircings and black leather) but also through her physicality and dialogue. Mara's Salander averts her gaze from the world, but when she looks into your eyes you see pain and fear that will quickly turn to aggression. In the original film Salander's sexuality is an extension of her aggressiveness. Here it's a crack in her armor that makes her human. My only complaint is not in the length of the denouement but how the details go by so quickly. All in all, f@#king brilliant. I want to see it again soon.
  24. Dec 21, 2011
    Just finished the 3 book series and watched the movie tonight. Overall, I thought is was very well done. Of course, there were details and side stories that were left out; however the overall story and relevant material were handled exceptionally well. It was well acted, suspenseful and worth the price of a movie ticket.
  25. Jan 30, 2012
    This movie was just brilliant. Arguably my favorite movie of the year David Fincher brought us something that only be described as cinematic art. Fincher struck gold with his Lisbeth, Rooney Mara. She steals the show as is made obvious by her much deserved Oscar nomination. She really should win in my opinion but probably won't because the Academy messes up most of the time. Really just aThis movie was just brilliant. Arguably my favorite movie of the year David Fincher brought us something that only be described as cinematic art. Fincher struck gold with his Lisbeth, Rooney Mara. She steals the show as is made obvious by her much deserved Oscar nomination. She really should win in my opinion but probably won't because the Academy messes up most of the time. Really just a beautifully written, perfectly acted, and professionally directed work of art. Perfect. Expand
  26. Dec 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First I want to put a stop to all those people out there claiming this is a remake. That's like saying I'm making a Frankenstein movie today would be a remake over the bunch of others that came out before that was adapted from Mary Shelley's book. This movie is Fincher's adaptation on Stieg Larson's novel of the same name. Just like the Swedish one was there adaptation of the same book. It's a 2nd American, Fincher's, whatever you want to call it, adaptation of the book. Now that I got that out of the way I gotta say it's rare to have a movie come out as good or better then the book. Godfather for example but this "adaptation" of Stieg Larson's novel in ways is as good if not better then the book. I am a fan of the Swedish adaptation and though it followed the mystery element of the story I was disappointed at the key elements they took out from the book that were important to building depth and substance to the characters. I thought non readers of the book were a little robbed on knowing more about the unique and original character of Lisbeth Salander. David Fincher brought those elements into this movie so well that I felt after seeing it that somebody could watch the movie and get everything from the book without reading it. The story was told so beautiful keeping the character depth, the elements, and the story true to the book. Fincher even shortened long sequences in the book into brilliant short scenes that in a way was better then the book. The parts they took out were minimal things that didn't effect character building or the story one bit and even thought what they left out should've been left out of the movie when I first read it. There's even a slight twist at the end that was welcoming to me that read it differently. It was a twist that didn't effect the story and I actually enjoyed it more then how it played out in the book. The nice grey hue Fincher films it makes it look like a disturbing cold winter that I felt in the book. Throw Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's music into the mix really put to ear the feeling and emotion taking place throughout the story. Fincher being known for his amazing and original open title sequence doesn't let us down. Opens to Karen O Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross remake of Zepplin's Immigrant song really get's you into the mood for the movie and only gets better from there. If you're looking for a great mystery with dark elements this is your movie.
    Now I just have to say Noomi Rapace is a great actor but I thought Rooney Mara was way better as Lisbeth Salander. Not saying Noomi was bad , it's just for this role Rooney fit and played her better. In fact good enough for a best actress nod. She had Lisbeth's quirks down all the way to how she held and smoked her cigarettes. She did her homework and really became Lisbeth Salander. She did a brilliant job make her a believable intelligent, tough, and at times vulnerable person. Now in the book she's a uniquely beautiful, 90lb 23 year old with tattoos piercings and a childlike face. Rooney Mara has that physical look more then Noomi Rapace did. Add that to everything else made her nothing short of amazing. Heard Natalie Portman and Keira Knightly were to get the part and it landed on Rooney. Even as brilliant as those actors are I wouldn't think they would've been Lisbeth Salander as well as Rooney. Natalie is too tan and Keira is too pretty. She has to be a beauty that is different and unique. Rooney Mara's beauty still showed after the dyed hair tattoos and piercings and unique. I fell in love with her by the end of the movie. I want to see Rooney not only in the next 2 movies from the Larsson trilogy but want to just see more of her in movies in general. I became an instant Rooney fan after she played Lisbeth so brilliantly. I hope to see Oscar nods for best actress Rooney Mara best music Trent Reznor Atticus Ross and Karen O, Best Director David Fincher, after his shaft last year for Social Network by The King's Speech. Also would love to see a Best Adapted Screenplay for David Zallian. Must go see this movie. Can't believe anyody who would hate this unless you dislike mysteries. If your looking for mindless action with non depth characters and weak plot point storylines then don't see this movie. It's a great breath of fresh air from all the holidays movies. It's a brilliant non heartearming dark murder mystery for the holidays.
  27. Dec 23, 2011
    Better than the Swedish version and stays surprisingly true to the text and does not hold back in terms of nudity and violence as North American films often do. Rooney Mara makes for an excellent Lisbeth Salander while acting under Social Network Director David Fincher once again.
  28. Dec 28, 2011
    As a big fan of the books and the Swedish movies, went to see the Fincher movie with my husband and sister who are equally big fans of the books and Swedish movies. All three of us LOVED this new version. The plot followed the book closely, Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig hopped right out of the book. Fincher improved on the original and was a big hit with the three of us. BRAVO!!!As a big fan of the books and the Swedish movies, went to see the Fincher movie with my husband and sister who are equally big fans of the books and Swedish movies. All three of us LOVED this new version. The plot followed the book closely, Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig hopped right out of the book. Fincher improved on the original and was a big hit with the three of us. BRAVO!!! Haven't seen it??? GO!!! NOW!!! Then post your review. Expand
  29. Dec 29, 2011
    "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was an extremely interesting and intense film. Though some elements of this film were not necessarily for me, primarily the rape scenes, I was still very able to appreciate its beauty. It is a bit long (about 2 hrs 45 minutes), but the pace and the variety of scenes allowed the movie to flow seamlessly and created a very aesthetic atmosphere. I would"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was an extremely interesting and intense film. Though some elements of this film were not necessarily for me, primarily the rape scenes, I was still very able to appreciate its beauty. It is a bit long (about 2 hrs 45 minutes), but the pace and the variety of scenes allowed the movie to flow seamlessly and created a very aesthetic atmosphere. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good mystery, since this movie is chock full of them. I see that most of the bad reviews on here are from people complaining that a remake was unnecessary since the original Swedish version came out just recently. Honestly I feel that it was a smart move to make an English remake to appeal to the predominantly English speaking countries. Having not seen the original, I canâ Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2011
    The girl who plays her has sexy pics at http://xxxfever.info username wildnout14 I have to say she is very stunning and a great actor too.................................

1. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 22, 2011
    Has much to recommend it - high-end craftsmanship, a singular heroine, a labyrinthine mystery, an intriguing milieu - yet lacks a vital spark.
    David Fincher's American remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo adds nothing to the previous adaptation, but it's certainly the more evocative piece of filmmaking.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Dec 22, 2011
    From him (Fincher), we get – what? – a faithful adaptation that brings the dazzle but shortchanges on the daring.