The Good Doctor

6.4

1. Aug 12, 2015
    If you could ever point to a movie that really shows that an actor is actually good, it is the Good Doctor and that actor is Orlando Bloom. Bloom gets sh*t on a lot by critics and audiences for not being "good." I personally have no issue with him and he is great in this role as "The Good Doctor." The movie itself is a great low-key thriller that not everybody will like, but I thought wasIf you could ever point to a movie that really shows that an actor is actually good, it is the Good Doctor and that actor is Orlando Bloom. Bloom gets sh*t on a lot by critics and audiences for not being "good." I personally have no issue with him and he is great in this role as "The Good Doctor." The movie itself is a great low-key thriller that not everybody will like, but I thought was excellent. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Sep 1, 2012
    Keough is nearly worth risking life (Diane's) and limb (Martin's) for. The eldest grandchild of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, she has a pale, dreamy lusciousness that puts as viewer in mind of Amanda Seyfried, though without the overt sexuality. Her not-quite-there appeal matches both the opacity of Martin's intentions and the entire underhanded, underwhelming experience that The Good Doctor offers.
  2. Reviewed by: Sheri Linden
    Sep 1, 2012
    John Enbom's slow-burn script avoids overloading the action with backstory or psychologizing, and Bloom strikes the right balance of diffidence, panic and blank-itude to keep things creepily on edge.
  3. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Aug 30, 2012
    Ever wonder what "Scrubs" would've been like if Zach Braff's fledgling-doctor character was psychotic instead of goofy? I get the feeling John Enbom, screenwriter of The Good Doctor, has.