7.0

1. ReadN.
    Sep 13, 2007
    I enjoyed the dark humor and the challenging characters. The young couple experiencing relief after their son is gone - not an easy idea to express.
  2. BobC
    Nov 4, 2006
    The last line of dialogue in the film is "I think I'm lost". The line sums up the film for me. After 87 minutes of wathcing the barely interesting lives of several New Yorkers on the first anniversary of 9/11, I felt lost too. I still don't know where the journey through this film was meant to lead. It felt empty and unsatisfying.
  3. KenG.
    Jun 29, 2006
    The connection with 9/11 doesn't really work (and comes of as somewhat pretentious), because it involves an assumption that we were all happily walking around as well-adjusted, and issue-free people prior to 9/11, but never-the-less, this is full of wee-written, and well played character, creating a poignant feel.

1. The new 9/11 movies aim to rekindle feelings that most of us have, by necessity, moved beyond. But there’s more than one way to move beyond, as suggested by the spottily affecting ensemble psycho-comedy The Great New Wonderful.
    Ironically, Leiner's two monuments to pothead delirium seem vastly more coherent than this hazy attempt to mine the zeitgeist, a film every bit as pointed as its nounless title.
  3. It is hard to feel much warmth toward people whose most salient feature is their disconnection from reality.