5.7

1. Jan 15, 2011
    I went to this movie with high expectations after seeing trailers all over TV. I was not disappointed. Once again, the CRITICS ARE WRONG. Geez, how many times have critics underrated movies? Anyways, the movie was great, acting was great, action was excellent, and overall just plain badass and worth your time.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Can I just say I love this movie? Because I freaking loved this movie!! Well, it needs to be 150 characters, so I need to say more. The action rocked, it was hilarious, the 3d was cool, and the acting was great! This is a great popcorn movie with some surprising depth that I can't wait to watch again!
  3. Jan 23, 2011
    One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, with great acting and overall presentation. The movie is funny, well written, and well acted. The action scenes are very well made and funny, with humor being put into them well. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to see a clever and funny movie. I'm getting this on DVD.
  4. May 1, 2011
    There is no reason for the negative reviews for this movie. People don't understand what this movie has tried to do. When you watch, you need to realize that it is intentionally corny and quirky. The negative reviewers don't get the movie's sense of humor. It's one of the most well made action comedies of all time. It provides thorough enjoyment from start to finish. Fans of comedies will enjoy, as well as fans of action films. It's definitely worth your time, and you'll want to see repeat viewings. I highly congratulate what the film makers of this movie have done. Expand
  5. Jan 18, 2011
    Sheesh, what's with the hate critics? I actually thought this movie was hilarious! Loved every second of it, and this is coming from someone who hated Seth Rogen, that is, until watching him in this movie. And the amazing actor Christoph Waltz does it again!
  6. Jan 19, 2011
    The personality of Seth Rogen is all over this flick. (He co-wrote and plays the title role). He starts out as the wastrel son of a newspaper owner who's forced to take the reins and deal with good/evil when his father dies. Thanks to Kato, who designs cool cars/weapons and has real martial arts skills, they target crime. The dialogue is filled with irony and laughs. The slam-bang action sequences are full of fun stunts and smashing cartoon violence and director Michael Gondry adds his off-the-wall touches. It's a comic, contemporary spin on the superhero genre that's a blast! Expand
  7. Jan 14, 2011
    In the top 3 comic book movies of all time. Number 2 being the dark knight number 1 being the watchmen!! Seth rogen was a very likable britt reed. The 3d was great. The comedy was funny but somewhat slapstick which I liked. The action scenes were awesome. The acting was better than I thought it would be. Overall a great movie. Must see!!!
  8. Jan 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, do not listen to the critics on this one because we go to the movies to be entertained. To have fun. That's the perfect way to sum up this movie fun. Seth Rogen was surprisingly good as Brit Reid/The Green Hornet. I love his comedy movies that he co-writes with his writing partner Evan Goldberg. Goldberg & Rogen perfectly add the right amount of action & comedy. Michel Gondry was the perfect choice to direct. Jay Chou shines as Kato. He steals the show with his charisma with U.S. acting debut. Christoph Waltz is good as the villian. Nice supporting cast. Good story. The action scenes were incredible. The scene with Kato vision was perfect due to Michel Gondry's genius mind. The film is perfect popcorn entertainment. The scenes with Brit & Kato are the best. Expand
  9. Ctc
    Jan 16, 2011
    This is not an Oscar contender. Thank God. It is funny and entertaining. The action, the lines, the special effects are all very good. Yes, hardcore fans may be upset that Britt Reid isn't Bruce Wayne but who else cares? We had a blast. It is an enjoyable movie and we would definitely see it again.
  10. Jan 23, 2011
    Once again the critics are way wrong. I just don't get it. The movie had loads of action, a decent story line and lots of humor. What more do you want. Does it deserve an oscar, hell no, but was it fun to watch.. hell yeah! The only criticism would be about Christoph Waltz as the main villain didn't seem that invested in his character and therefore not very believable, but other than that me and my wife walked out of the theater wondering if the critics saw a entirely different movie. Expand
  11. Jan 25, 2011
    The only annoying part of the movie was wearing the bulky 3D glasses, I think the movie would have been just as entertaining and funny without the 3D. Critics do not know what they are talking about. A movie is supposed to follow the "Hero's Journey" and this my friends follows the classic example of a Hero's Journey. All the way from the Call to adventure to the return, it takes a funny take with amazing acting, Seth Rogen and Jay Chou. Cameron Diaz could have done a better job. But in conclusion the movie was great, I enjoyed myself Expand
  12. Apr 1, 2011
    Don't kid yourself -- while Seth Rogen's acting is similar in style to his previous work (e.g. "Zack and Miri ..." and "Get Him to the Greek") and the interplay between Britt and Kato is fun -- the real stars of this film are the cars and gadgets... but they definitely shined! One of the best pure-action comedic romps in a long time.
  13. Jan 31, 2011
    this movie is largely underrated. I suspect that some critics rated it poorly because they are racist towards Asians--- whenever they see an Asian starring the hero (lead role) they diss on it. They want to preserve the geeky asexual stereotypes of Asian actors in Hollywood. The fact is that this is a Jay Chou movie, not Seth Rogen's.The fact is that the dialogues are funny(way better than Pineapple Express) and the actions are fun to watch. Movies are supposed to be entertaining and I sure was entertained by The Green Hornet. Expand
  14. Jan 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Seth Rogan and Jay Chou have an almost bromance going on here as The Green Hornet and Kato. They honestly have a very nice chemistry going on, as well as some very well thought out choreography. I do love the fact that while Kato is all sorts of bad ass, poor Brett only seems to get by. Seth Rogan plays his part well and is a loveable, but still sort of a ass. 3D was very well done, and the effects were pleasing while not taking away from the actors themselves. I would have liked to see a decked out Christoph Waltz with a full villan persona, but he is delightful as the akward gang lord. This one is fun and is worth the 3D price! Expand
  15. Jan 16, 2011
    Ignore the critics - this movie was great. The action scenes were well done. All of the characters were enjoyable, especially Jay Chou as Kato and Christopher Waltz as the villain. It's a great movie to see with friends. You'll enjoy it more if you go in willing to have fun!
  16. Jan 18, 2011
    I think this movie is being consistently underrated by critics. Creative car violence never gets old, and Christophe Waltz is apparently a funny guy when you need him to be. Also worthwhile: Seth Rogan wild haymakers as a theme.
  17. Jan 19, 2011
    ok as a friend of one who was known as Kato... i applaud this movie.. i want more..... too bad the critics never even panned the tv show or understand what Mr. Lee brought to the world.. a series will make many happy and some folks $$$.. nuff said.
  18. Jan 24, 2011
    A good enjoyable movie with good humour, good action and most importantly a good story. I think the reason critics gave it low reviews was because they went in hoping to see a film made to the same style as the likes of iron man, the green hornet had it's own style that fitted the film perfectly. The only reason I didn't give this a 10 was because I felt the 3d didn't do anything for the movie. I'd definitely ignore the critics with this one and recommend it to everyone. Expand
  19. Apr 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a common complaint with it is that the main character, Britt Reid, is unrelateble,
    a rather ridiculous complaint because, well, he's not meant to be.
    just because someone is a main character does not mean they have to be like able.
    (that idea being especially strong in comedy, Iron Man had similar themes, and it was not a notable complaint) in fact one of the major themes in the film is growing up and coming of age.
    for instance,
    in the beginning he is juvenile and misogynistic. a child.
    later he is rebellious and angry, hating his raising and his father. a teenager by the end he is confident, he no longer despises his his father, even if he doesn't agree with him on every aspect of his upbringing, he is aware that his father was not purely evil, and actually wished to help. an adult.
    really I am baffled by the critics apparent vehement dislike of the film
  20. May 3, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. If you are a fan of either action, comedy, or both, you will definitely have a blast watching this thrill ride. It is highly recommended.
  21. Jul 3, 2011
    There is a lot of ways to describe this film, there really are. But, what is so great about this film is that it is so good, it's indescribable. So . . . See it. End of story.
  22. Dec 2, 2011
    The Green Hornet has a perfect mix of comedy and action, with some cool moments in between. There are some twists I did not expect and everything simply made sense.
  23. Dec 12, 2011
    Amir and Hassan who are best friends; Hassan was a servant of Amir Father who was loyal and was treated as a son of Amir Father. Hassan was brought up in Amir Father House as a child and they played together and kite on the streets of Kabul. Amir believes that his father blames him for the death of his mother when she was giving birth to him and also believes his father loves Hassan more than him. Expand
  24. Jan 3, 2012
    I Love this movie, i bought it cheaply with high expectations and i wasn't disappointed, the mix of slapstick, action, comedy, and martial arts make this a superb blockbuster
  25. May 30, 2014
    I don't get the negativity in this, the action, acting, editing, all great. People spend years and millions of dollars just to make an over an hour movie and this is what they get? Try filling their shoes for a day, at least give them heart for working hard.
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    A really fantastic film that I enjoyed immensely, and do not understand the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth hatred for. This may be the only Rogen performance I've ever enjoyed (I don't mind him as a director, but I don't really like his acting, as a general rule); Kato was fantastic; all of the tech/machines in the movie were great. The main villain left something to be desired, mainly because the character idea was just genuinely stupid but then again, that may have been the point.

I really, honestly do not get the flak. I see the word "pointless" used to describe this movie a lot how can you even call a movie pointless? If we can call any movie "pointless," we can call every movie pointless. No, The Green Hornet is not going to stimulate you intellectually, nor will it even be the best superhero film you see in your lifetime but it's a fun little movie that gave me a few chuckles and excited me.

Moviegoers have become such pedantic little

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jan 21, 2011
    The Green Hornet is what you get when someone who dropped out of high school to do standup comedy, then spent a decade in movies and television, conceives a Hollywood "passion project." [24 Jan. 2011, p. 82]
    At least The Green Hornet is likable, and a refreshing change from the heavy, angst-ridden superhero pictures so beloved by obnoxious fanboys.
  3. Jan 17, 2011
    The mix is not nearly classic but is congenial enough to warm up a January weekend and perhaps to stoke a sequel. Call it "The Green Hornet Strikes Again?" No: "Kato II!"