5.5

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Just a cheap copy of what this is all based on, nothing new, no new secrets revealed, they didn't even took the work to imagine or invent some new secrets and revealed mysteries about anything.
  2. Mar 8, 2014
    Terrible. When I was watching the movie, I literally was counting when the jump-scare was going to pop out. Three... two... one... indeed, it did.
  3. Dec 25, 2014
    This was boring as hell, and the scares were so god damn repetitive. How many times does the movie feel it needs to show Kayako's hands coming from behind someone's head before killing them? We already saw that in the first one, and it was a lot more effective there. It had a good score and some great eye candy, and there were a couple times I did jump. However, this was just anThis was boring as hell, and the scares were so god damn repetitive. How many times does the movie feel it needs to show Kayako's hands coming from behind someone's head before killing them? We already saw that in the first one, and it was a lot more effective there. It had a good score and some great eye candy, and there were a couple times I did jump. However, this was just an unnecessary and tedious sequel made for the sole purpose of showing more ways that Kayako can kill people. Expand
  4. Jan 23, 2015
    This movie was so boring that in some moments i was really very scared , I was scared that i may die from boredom.That's all i can say for this movie the first part was good but that's was just a waste of time they show things that we already saw in the first movie i mean come on guys be more creative ..

The same problems that plagued the original are on display here. Most notably, the lack of any coherent plot. Lots of creepy kids jump out at us, but these scenes are never satisfactorily meshed into the story itself.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Story is incidental here, as auds merely anticipate the scares.
    The film pulls off a couple of "gotchas!", but the subtle creepiness of its predecessors is gone, replaced by a sense of numbing predictability.