5.5

1. ChristyB.
    Mar 25, 2008
    Awesome, I loved the movie the Grudge. It is really scary and there is a purpose to it. I jumped when I was watching it. But after that I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. The second movie was great too. I love horror movies.
  2. MyleneB
    Oct 24, 2006
    Its is scary, and one of my favorite movies.
  3. SteveM.
    Oct 14, 2006
    I thought I'd jump in here because these professional reviews pain me to read. What use does anyone have for such a technical and mechanical analysis of a film that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. They would do better to write about an emotional reaction they had, should it even be a negative one. That said, my emotional reaction is why I love this movie. I'm sure this will I thought I'd jump in here because these professional reviews pain me to read. What use does anyone have for such a technical and mechanical analysis of a film that is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. They would do better to write about an emotional reaction they had, should it even be a negative one. That said, my emotional reaction is why I love this movie. I'm sure this will upset all the people who hated this film for it's technical flaws, but I love "The Grudge 2" for the experience it creates...I think the girl "Kyako" is genius, and she scares me, and makes me afraid to turn off the lights at night. I'm 28 years old. Enough said. This film is powerful, fun, and creepy enough to be worth my 9 bucks. Reviewers, I have realized, hate horror movies. Furthermore, they are more concerned with showing how brilliantly they can write than actually giving you something useful to ponder over. Ultimately, if you liked the first Grudge film, see this one...if you didn't, don't. That's my best advice to you. Expand
  4. AxelL.
    Aug 3, 2007
    A great sequel, not better than the first, but still eerie and scary!
    Oct 25, 2006
    WOW! Way better than the first. This also made more sense and tied the story together.
  6. Oct 12, 2012
    almost anything that isn't the first film is fine by me, not only does this top the first ones mediocre ambition, but it does so well, it actually could have been a standalone film.
  7. Dec 9, 2014
    This film is extremely creepy and scary. It is also extremely dark and horrifying. This is an extremely good horror movie that you will enjoy. Like most horror films, it has a bad ending. I really wish that in the future, most horror movies will have better/good endings.

The same problems that plagued the original are on display here. Most notably, the lack of any coherent plot. Lots of creepy kids jump out at us, but these scenes are never satisfactorily meshed into the story itself.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Story is incidental here, as auds merely anticipate the scares.
    The film pulls off a couple of "gotchas!", but the subtle creepiness of its predecessors is gone, replaced by a sense of numbing predictability.