5.6

1. Mar 8, 2014
    Terrible. When I was watching the movie, I literally was counting when the jump-scare was going to pop out. Three... two... one... indeed, it did.
  2. Sep 30, 2013
    The grudge 2 might not be as good as the first movie but it is way scarier then the first one. if you liked the grudge then you will probably like the grudge 2!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Mar 4, 2013
    So much scarier and more entertaining than the first one. Takashi Shimizu is one of my favorite horror directors. After The Grudge 3, I really hope there will be a Grudge 4.
  4. Oct 12, 2012
    almost anything that isn't the first film is fine by me, not only does this top the first ones mediocre ambition, but it does so well, it actually could have been a standalone film.
  5. Oct 12, 2012
    creepier and more vicious than it's sleepwalking predecessor, i actually found myself enjoying this, whereas the first felt like i was completely detached from the experience.
  6. Oct 12, 2012
    well, at least it's one hell of an improvement over the first film, though it is, to put it nicely, incoherent as all f**k, but it doesn't take too much away from the scares, which are more effective by far.
  7. Oct 12, 2012
    there is a lot more happening in this film than the first, most of these new happenings are interesting, and some quite creepy, something the first grudge only achieved when it actually got off it's ass and tried, i will admit, it is a rather hard act to follow, but following it isn't entirely necessary for the better aspects to make it through to you - samarathenymph xoxo
  8. Jan 1, 2012
    If you generally like your horror films to contain a semblance of normality then I would suggest to find another movie. Honestly, the plot is somewhat of a mess and you will often be left scratching your head in utter confusion. I will admit The Grudge 2 has some frightful "gotcha" moments but even the scare factor isn't as creepy when compared to the original 2004 film. A good flick to rent on a dark and stormy night but sadly nothing else. Expand
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    Just a cheap copy of what this is all based on, nothing new, no new secrets revealed, they didn't even took the work to imagine or invent some new secrets and revealed mysteries about anything.
  10. Feb 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I Love The Grudge..... But The Grudge 2 Didnt Seem To Spark Me As Much...
    My Score Went Down Alot Because Sarah Michelle Gellar Dies In The Movie.... I Loved Karen Davis!!!

The same problems that plagued the original are on display here. Most notably, the lack of any coherent plot. Lots of creepy kids jump out at us, but these scenes are never satisfactorily meshed into the story itself.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Story is incidental here, as auds merely anticipate the scares.
    The film pulls off a couple of "gotchas!", but the subtle creepiness of its predecessors is gone, replaced by a sense of numbing predictability.