Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: September 29, 2006
7.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 126 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Myles#13Oct 9, 2006
Not a bad film... sure, it suffers from its share of clichés, is a bit long and has a so-so ending, but it is more of a feel-good movie. If you like the traditional sports movie, 'The Guardian' has the same feel to it.
StuartS.Oct 21, 2006
Yes, the critics are right. This is not a very good film. But the photography is outstanding and Kevin does a great job. Not a bad way to while away an evening.
BillbMay 29, 2007
When watching this movie, I feel like I'm just watching a more modern version of An Officer and a Gentlemen. Yes, some of the parts were inspiring and uplifting, but I've seen inspiring and uplifting and it's making me bored!
ERG1008Aug 23, 2010
Veteran coast guard, traumatic accident on the job, forced to become an instructor, does it his way, new brilliant recruit with issues, etc.
Very predictable but also watchable action film with Kevin Costner & Ashton Kutcher playing their roles well.
You can sort of grasp how it's going to turn out within the first half hour & inevitably is going to be compared with the homo-erotic fest that is Top Gun.