6.5

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Only a truly horrific actress like Barbara Streisand could suck all the funny out of Seth Rogen. This is less of a movie and more of a audio-visual beating. How did the screenwriter finish the script with any shred of self-respect? If you want to watch something that lacks any charm, wit, or humor then this is the movie for you. I'm running out of ways to say "terrible." Oh yeah, here'sOnly a truly horrific actress like Barbara Streisand could suck all the funny out of Seth Rogen. This is less of a movie and more of a audio-visual beating. How did the screenwriter finish the script with any shred of self-respect? If you want to watch something that lacks any charm, wit, or humor then this is the movie for you. I'm running out of ways to say "terrible." Oh yeah, here's one more....if I had to chose between watching this movie and having my fingers cut off, I'd learn to type with my tongue. Collapse
  2. Dec 20, 2012
    The phrase "50% of success is just showing up" comes to mind. Seth Rogen takes this to 100% (minus the success part). Streisand is a skilled and professional comedian but her talents go utterly to waste. The movie is a dud.
  3. Dec 30, 2012
    Absolute piece of **** I got dragged into this thing, and I gotta say, I didn't even smile. It's not funny, poorly written, Seth Rogen is miscast, and above all, it's astonishingly toothless. Despite having a decent concept, the film is way too focused on being inoffensive and 'real,' that it comes off as a soulless, lazy string of ever worst mother-child conversation ever. Skip it and seeAbsolute piece of **** I got dragged into this thing, and I gotta say, I didn't even smile. It's not funny, poorly written, Seth Rogen is miscast, and above all, it's astonishingly toothless. Despite having a decent concept, the film is way too focused on being inoffensive and 'real,' that it comes off as a soulless, lazy string of ever worst mother-child conversation ever. Skip it and see anything else in theaters right now. Expand
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    Even though the two main actors have great potential together, it just turns into a bad mixture of lame comedy and annoying Mum cliches. Definitely could have been better.

1. Reviewed by: Simon Braund
    Mar 4, 2013
    Crazy, Stupid, Love writer Dan Fogelman can't rebottle lightning with a humdrum comedy that doesn't play to its stars strengths.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Feb 9, 2013
    Bickering turns to bonding over the course of a predictable affair that only comes to life during a Texan steak-eating contest that has Babs ingest a mountain of meat.
  3. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    Dec 23, 2012
    Overall, there is a fundamental lack of excitement or energy; it's a 95-minute movie that feels twice as long as "The Hobbit."