6.6

1. Dec 20, 2012
    I don't understand what the critic-s' problems are. The movie is cute and funny. Every movie doesn't have to be Academy Award winning material. Can't we allow ourselves to enjoy something simply because it's fun? This movie was a fun road trip, probably for an audience consisting of parents who have shared similar rides. The movie was actually touching.
  2. dtp
    Jan 24, 2013
    a very pleasant movie that for once felt very real, the acting was great and the movie was both touching and amusing, I don't really understand the negative reviews for this movie, but then maybe all that people want are violence and sex and in your face slapstick.
  3. May 8, 2013
    Loved this movie! However, I have a Jewish mother myself and am the single mother of an only child (a son), so there were so many similarities to our life. We watched it together and laughed our heads off (son is 21). Even if you don't relate, it is still a good, touching movie that I think anyone would enjoy. The acting is very good and the story is engaging.
  4. Jan 5, 2013
    Streisand is still looking hot. I feel awkward saying that since she is the same age as my mother. I enjoyed this simple, predictable road trip movie. It does not break any new ground, but it had very little language and a kind attitude not found in many movies made today.
  5. Dec 20, 2012
    I went to see a preview of "The Guilt Trip" and thought it was a terrific movie -- warm, funny and heartfelt. The performances by Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen were so realistic and truthful that I completely bought them as mother and son. Reading some of the critic reviews, however, I wondered if I had been off in my assessment. So I went back on opening day to see the movie again. Well, I stand by my initial response. I would recommend "The Guilt Trip" to my friends, family and anyone reading this site. It's rare that a movie comes around that's this touching and memorable. These days comedies are broad and over the top, with bizarre situations and characters whom you'd never want to spend a minute with, let alone 2 hours. Well, "The Guilt Trip" is not that kind of comedy. In fact, it's as much a drama about how a mother and son reconnect and help each other get out of the ruts they've been living in. Barbra Streisand was especially appealing as Joyce Brewster, a mother who was not unlike my own. Did my mom drive me nuts at times? Yep. But she was also right more often than not and I found many moments in "The Guilt Trip" that reminded me of our relationship. Streisand is not a wacky Focker mom in this film. This is a charming, subtle performance that's rich with detail. I urge you all to give "The Guilt Trip" your attention. Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    I was very much pleasantly surprised. Not a Barbara fan and NOT a "raunchy comedy" Seth Rogen fan. I was dragged by a girlfriend who loves Barbara. Thank goodness because I loved, loved, loved this film!!! It's funny and dramatic and real! It has heart! I felt like Joyce and Andy (Barbara and Seth Rogen) really were mother and son. Seth really is a great actor. Who knew? All I had seen was his silly crap in stupid, meaningless comedies with no storylines worth watching. I'm a responsible, smart 30-something, with a family and a career. I want to see good, real movies! This is seriously one of the best movies I've seen all year. Every mother and grown child should see this (I'd say 12 and up) - especially sons. I'll be buying the DVD for sure. It's a movie I think I'll watch at least once a year, Yes, it's that good. I was crying because I was laughing so hard, and then crying for real, back an forth probably three times. A definite "must-see". Now I'm going to see about some of Barbara's other films. I thought she was just a great singer and a liberal! Expand
  7. Dec 20, 2012
    The Guilt Trip is a great movie! Streisand and Rogen have great chemistry and are totally believable as mother and son. This is a movie that will stay with after you've left the theater. It's thoughtful, warm and funny. It's more than a comedy it's a movie about parent-child relationships and transformations. I highly recommend seeing this movie. Americas "Funny Girl" still has it!
  8. Dec 20, 2012
    I absolutely love this movie!! Barbra is fantastic and has some touching scenes and her comedic timing is spot on. Great movie to see around this time of year!!
  9. Dec 23, 2012
    This movie is wonderful! It only came out 5 days ago, and i've seen it twice. So glad Babs is back on screen! She and Seth Rogen are the new comedy team of the decade! So warm and so real! Seth doesnt' have to resort to his usual over the top humor, and Streisand sort of classes him up! She's so good I cried about 4 times and THIS IS A COMEDY!!! A mother son movie that is so good for the holiday season....Welcome Back Barbra!!! Some amazing dramatic scenes too where Streisand acts her head off simply by movie a facial muscle or an eyelid....class in motion Expand
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    I love,love this movie.it us not only funny,no it is touching.a must see for mother and sons.Barbra and Seth really have a good chemistry .But it is Barbra who makes this movie special,she is just a divine actress and i cant let my eyes from her face,so much to say,without words,heavenly
  11. Dec 21, 2012
    The Guilt Trip is a wonderful movie. It is heartfelt, funny, warm, and a lot of people can relate to it. Barbra Streisand is a treat to watch on the screen, and has great chemistry with Seth Rogen as her son. The audience I saw it with laughed heartily and seemed to enjoy it. I highly recommend this movie. Take your mom!
  12. Dec 21, 2012
    I loved this movie! The chemistry between the two stars in so real. This movie reminds me of "The Family Stone" in tone. Barbra is wonderful. So great to have a funny, touching movie out for the holidays!
  13. Jan 4, 2014
    I'll be honest, I went into this movie with very low expectations. My thoughts on the matter changed very quickly. This movie has an incredible feeling of sincerity, and feels about as real as a movie can get. Seth Rogen and Barbara Streisand were phenomenal, and genuinely funny throughout the whole movie. A heartwarming finale really rounded off one of my favorite movies of the year in a year of really bad movies. 9.5/10 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Simon Braund
    Mar 4, 2013
    Crazy, Stupid, Love writer Dan Fogelman can't rebottle lightning with a humdrum comedy that doesn't play to its stars strengths.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Feb 9, 2013
    Bickering turns to bonding over the course of a predictable affair that only comes to life during a Texan steak-eating contest that has Babs ingest a mountain of meat.
  3. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    Dec 23, 2012
    Overall, there is a fundamental lack of excitement or energy; it's a 95-minute movie that feels twice as long as "The Hobbit."