5.7

1. Jun 2, 2011
    If you've seen the first one... Scratch that - if you've seen the trailer for the first one, you've seen this movie. Lazy, unpleasant, witless but most of all just boring. I think I laughed once. Not nearly good enough. Don't go - you're just encouraging them.
  2. Jun 24, 2011
    I don't really understand what people's expectations were for this movie, but after reading reviews on here and THEN seeing the film, I thought it was hilarious ! Ton's of over the top dark humor, man/lady private parts, and a monkey ! Although the plot was more or less the same as the first, it still found ways to surprise you. Not a movie for everyone, but if you enjoyed the first movieI don't really understand what people's expectations were for this movie, but after reading reviews on here and THEN seeing the film, I thought it was hilarious ! Ton's of over the top dark humor, man/lady private parts, and a monkey ! Although the plot was more or less the same as the first, it still found ways to surprise you. Not a movie for everyone, but if you enjoyed the first movie and aren't sitting there trying to find the flaws you should find yourself satisfied and laughing throughout the most part. Expand
  3. Jun 3, 2011
    Hilarious movie but had all the same jokes and whatnot. The real disappointment, for me, with this sequel is that I definitely won't be seeing it more than once. I can always pop in the original whenever I want and still find it equally funny. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing this again. Definitely worth seeing once, though.
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    When all is said and done it is more raunchier than its predecessor and manages to serve up the same level of laughs yet it lacks on what the first one succeeds in, which is the mystery angle.
  5. Jun 5, 2011
    . All in all the movie was not bad, but I found that it was basically the same as the first movie except for the change in location, who was getting married, and who they were trying to find. It had some pretty funny parts, but I found that it lacked originality when being compared to first one. I didnâ
  6. Jun 8, 2011
    The Hangover 2.0 would have been a better name, because though this movie is very good, it is essentially a new version of the original. Same plot, same jokes, and the same idiots. While it IS repetitive, it is in no way bad. In fact, it is just as amusing as the original. Just less shock if you saw the 1st.
  7. Jun 6, 2011
    Hangover happens to be one of the best comedy movies I've seen. So what if it's just like the first one. Its a hangover why should things change. Really I think its better. They lost thier friend last time, but this time they lost a kid which could a have jeopardized the whole wedding. Yes the other wedding could have stopped, but how do you explain a missing child, in **** Hangover PartHangover happens to be one of the best comedy movies I've seen. So what if it's just like the first one. Its a hangover why should things change. Really I think its better. They lost thier friend last time, but this time they lost a kid which could a have jeopardized the whole wedding. Yes the other wedding could have stopped, but how do you explain a missing child, in **** Hangover Part II, was wonderful, so for anyone that sees this review, you should go see it. It wont be a waste of money nor time. You will enjoy the action-packed, hilarious movie known as Hangover part 2. Expand
  8. Jun 8, 2011
    Part 2 is The Hangover. Simply this is a reboot more then a sequel. Still fans of the first film will appreciate some new jokes in this second addition. It is not better or worse then the first film but it is the same film so just like the hipster next door I have to say the original was so much better!
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    The hangover II is exactly like the first one. It is funny but while watching the movie, you feel like you have seen it all in the first one. It lacks the originality, the first one had. Still a funny movie.
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    The second movie is trying too hard to shock and surprise, but fails miserably as the first movie has already done it all. There is just nothing new in the this one.
    The acting is bad, the plot is predictable and far too simple... and just not funny.
  11. Jun 12, 2011
    Awsome movie but the first movie is better and also it very funny and tthere is alot of awsomwe **** in it
    ya has to be 150 chacarters long goddammit watevs it prett awsome ****
  12. Jun 14, 2011
    The first part was definitely better than the sequel. This fell back, BADLY. The trailers and build up for the movie was better than the actual movie itself. Actors didn't live up to their rolls like in the first movie, and I just couldn't seem to get into the "humor" and "excitement" in the movie. It seemed bland and unoriginal.
  13. Jul 3, 2011
    Sure it had some laughs, but it's basically the first Hangover. Only this time it's in Thailand. I was dissappointed after seeing it, and even more so when my friends talked about how much they liked it. If you've seen the first one, you're not going to get any more.
  14. Jun 17, 2011
    "The Hangover part: II" is what i thought it was going to be, a great movie. The main cast in the movie were awsome. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Ken Jeong have this chemistry that is insane. hangover 3 cant wait. i know people like my sister who were a little disappointed with the movie but i wasn't. i think the people that have given this movie a mixed or negative"The Hangover part: II" is what i thought it was going to be, a great movie. The main cast in the movie were awsome. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Ken Jeong have this chemistry that is insane. hangover 3 cant wait. i know people like my sister who were a little disappointed with the movie but i wasn't. i think the people that have given this movie a mixed or negative review went into this movie thinking it was going to be better then the original. That was their mistake u cant go into sequels thinking that or your going to be disappointed. Bottom line "The Hangover Part II" is the best comedy of the year so far and probably the best since original. Expand
  15. Jun 18, 2011
    predictable, not as funny as the last,a cheesy factor was added(not funny), monkeys arent funny anymore either, + bad acting worst movie ive seen this year
  16. Jun 20, 2011
    This my review for the movie. I thought that I would be too long so gave you a link instead. Hope you enjoy!
  17. Jun 24, 2011
    It is clear that the concept would be the same, is what makes the movie a bit predictable, and sometimes no fun. Despite this, the jokes were not repeated (well for that). 6
  18. Jul 23, 2011
    The Hangover: Part 2 is an incredible film. It is a really funny film with more crazier things done in this then in the last one. The Story was a good one. My only problem with the film is some of the things in the story you can say they took it from the first one. Even though the critics are saying this is terrible to be honest i dont care what they say because i enjoyed this film alot.The Hangover: Part 2 is an incredible film. It is a really funny film with more crazier things done in this then in the last one. The Story was a good one. My only problem with the film is some of the things in the story you can say they took it from the first one. Even though the critics are saying this is terrible to be honest i dont care what they say because i enjoyed this film alot. This is probably the funniest film ive seen in a while. I would give this film a low full price Expand
  19. Jul 6, 2011
    The second time around Hangover Part II brings nothing innovative to the table. The comedy and the gags are remarkable but the plot is completely recycled from the first movie and that makes it a bit off putting which makes this review a mixed one... I love the humor and the shocks and thrills but at the end of the day, I could have saved myself the 13 dollars and simply re-watched theThe second time around Hangover Part II brings nothing innovative to the table. The comedy and the gags are remarkable but the plot is completely recycled from the first movie and that makes it a bit off putting which makes this review a mixed one... I love the humor and the shocks and thrills but at the end of the day, I could have saved myself the 13 dollars and simply re-watched the first one from the comfort of my own home. Decent acting and directing, but nothing to get overly excited about. Expand
  20. Jul 5, 2011
    Bland and unmemorable, this movie simply rehashes the first in form and content. I can recall laughing, but I can't recall at what. A blackout of a movie, it's as if its entertainment value has been been omitted from my life.
  21. Jul 6, 2011
    Same guys , Same situation , New city ... The wolf pack is back for the same old wild goose chase around town searching for yet another missing compadre .. Just imagine a more dirtier and funnier Hangover Part 1.. and also, throw in a drug dealing monkey into that chaos and u'll get the picture. Stu and Phil's characters were kinda overused ... Nevertheless Chow and Alan (who was moreSame guys , Same situation , New city ... The wolf pack is back for the same old wild goose chase around town searching for yet another missing compadre .. Just imagine a more dirtier and funnier Hangover Part 1.. and also, throw in a drug dealing monkey into that chaos and u'll get the picture. Stu and Phil's characters were kinda overused ... Nevertheless Chow and Alan (who was more stupid than usual) kept the comedy running .... but the magic we saw in Las Vegas is defnitely gone ... Expand
  22. Jun 23, 2013
    The acting of Cooper and Helms as they express frustration and anger in some scenes was terrific and a realistic human reaction with somewhat restrain. However, some faults with the movie include the negative portrayal of transsexuals, as the film suggests that trans women aren't really women, just "men with boobs". Overall, the irritating low brow humour provided by Chow, combined withThe acting of Cooper and Helms as they express frustration and anger in some scenes was terrific and a realistic human reaction with somewhat restrain. However, some faults with the movie include the negative portrayal of transsexuals, as the film suggests that trans women aren't really women, just "men with boobs". Overall, the irritating low brow humour provided by Chow, combined with the characterisation of Alan, with his juvenile, indifferent, and nonchalant behaviour and actions causes other characters to be frustrated and leaves the audience with a hangover. Expand
  23. Jul 15, 2011
    Similar structure as the first movie (which is totally okay by me). Some very dirty, yet funny parts. The pace of the movie seemed to go faster than the first Hangover movie. All the humor revolves around Alan, which is to be expected. Something any movie goer should see (and when I say 'any,' I mean from the age group of 18 - 35). Leave the kids and elderly at home folks.
  24. Jul 18, 2011
    Very disappointing in comparison to the original. I squirmed in my seat as it dragged on and on. Hopefully this means there will be no Hangover 3. Save your money!
  25. j30
    Dec 7, 2011
    The most depressing movie of the year. Not only are the laughs few and far between, you actually feel sorry for all the characters and not in a comical way.
  26. Aug 12, 2011
    If you have seen the first Hangover then don't bother watching this one. It is basically the same thing but in Thailand and with darker humor, I'm not exaggerating, everything happens like it did in the first one. Don't get me wrong though there are some funny parts but all in all it's the same as the first one.
  27. Aug 7, 2011
    Not sure if I saw the same movie as you guys, but I thought it was really funny. Ok, sometimes it's a little predictable but still really funny. The hangover II was not as good as the first one but I had some good laughs in the movie theatre, like everyone else watching the movie. It was surely raunchier, dirtier and more crazy than the first one, but that doesn't mean it wasn't funny. INot sure if I saw the same movie as you guys, but I thought it was really funny. Ok, sometimes it's a little predictable but still really funny. The hangover II was not as good as the first one but I had some good laughs in the movie theatre, like everyone else watching the movie. It was surely raunchier, dirtier and more crazy than the first one, but that doesn't mean it wasn't funny. I had a good laugh and that's what I paid for. Expand
  28. Aug 9, 2011
    Despite having the exact same formula as the first one, it's unoriginality is saved by the pretty consistent comedy. It is head and shoulders below the first though.
  29. Nov 23, 2011
    Hangover Part II is like an Asian version of part I ! Every plot is the same . part one was good but not near awesome and this one far far away from being awesome . some jokes were funny but others were disgusting . is it so hard to write a different story . also this story sucks more . the one and the only positive thing that kept me till the end was Cooper ,Ed & zach's amazing actingHangover Part II is like an Asian version of part I ! Every plot is the same . part one was good but not near awesome and this one far far away from being awesome . some jokes were funny but others were disgusting . is it so hard to write a different story . also this story sucks more . the one and the only positive thing that kept me till the end was Cooper ,Ed & zach's amazing acting .they just nailed it..i give five out of my 6 point to them .
    Todd said he will make another sequel ......and if the plot is the same i don't think i am gonna wast my time .
  30. Aug 23, 2011
    Il fallait s'y attendre, Very Bad Trip 2 est un véritable copié/collé du premier...en moins fendard. Malgré un début prometteur, le film arrive à nous sortir des gags un peu lourds ou qui tombent à plat. Mais franchement, cela suffit largement pour déclencher les fous rires attendus avecIl fallait s'y attendre, Very Bad Trip 2 est un véritable copié/collé du premier...en moins fendard. Malgré un début prometteur, le film arrive à nous sortir des gags un peu lourds ou qui tombent à plat. Mais franchement, cela suffit largement pour déclencher les fous rires attendus avec des moments comiques d'anthologie.On se fend la gueule avec ces personnages toujours bien interprétés et c'est déjà ça! Expand
  31. Sep 8, 2011
    Having seen the reviews beforehand, I was expecting the EXACT same movie in a different setting. But, actually, it's not all that bad. Sure, the template is virtually the same, but that's often what a sequel is. However, there are some darker and still unique differences. The simple criticism is, it's just not that funny.
  32. DND
    Oct 29, 2011
    It is still the same Hangover with its nice jokes and pretty unpredictable plot but the first part was totally better, that's all. This time Zach Galifianakis makes everything to save the sequel. There's a whole of boredom, you're searching it and you can find it, well, yes, there is some..
  33. Dec 21, 2011
    There were several funny moments throughout the film, but overall, it was bland and quite dull. We've seen it all before on the first film, there's nothing original here. I tried to like it, but it just felt way too much like a re-imagining of the first, set in a different location. Funny, but not witty or clever.
  34. Jun 1, 2012
    This second helping is darker, grittier and more obscene than the original but not necessary better or worse than its predecessor. I found 'The Hangover Part II' to be more of a continuation of the first film (as the title suggests) then a entirely new sequel. Being an R-rated comedy, you're not going to unearth a more rancid, scandalous hive of foul language, full-frontal nudity or drugThis second helping is darker, grittier and more obscene than the original but not necessary better or worse than its predecessor. I found 'The Hangover Part II' to be more of a continuation of the first film (as the title suggests) then a entirely new sequel. Being an R-rated comedy, you're not going to unearth a more rancid, scandalous hive of foul language, full-frontal nudity or drug references but quite frankly you shouldn't expect otherwise and it's this appeal which won over so many fans from the 2009 movie. Warning: watch this picture with an open mind! Expand
  35. Nov 29, 2011
    Far too similar to the previous film and it isnt as interesting either. However once it gets started, Its far more enjoyable and features quite a few side spliting moments.
  36. Dec 13, 2011
    I turned this movie on for 30 minutes. it didn't make me laugh once, and thus I turned it off. oh great, Ed Helms wakes up with more stuff done to his face - Zach Galafawhatshisface clearly is here for just the paycheck, and oh! look! more "funny" shenanigans featuring animals. not funny. such a disappointment. the first one is and should have been enough.
  37. Dec 9, 2011
    The movie is called "The Hangover"...I know what I'm getting when I watch it. No one goes to see Transformers expecting to be moved emotionally and reflect on life decisions. So why are you expecting a situational comedy movie to be anything more than that. YES they used a lot of the same gags that they did in the first one, but I laughed, and that's all that I ask of them, is to make me laugh.
  38. Dec 13, 2011
    It's one thing to use a similar formula and storyline. In a sequel, it's actually almost a requirement to do so. But that does not mean a movie should give us the same jokes. "The Hangover Part II" is so similar to its predecessor in every way that there is hardly a surprising moment in this entire film. The art of surprise is entirely what makes something funny in the first place. ButIt's one thing to use a similar formula and storyline. In a sequel, it's actually almost a requirement to do so. But that does not mean a movie should give us the same jokes. "The Hangover Part II" is so similar to its predecessor in every way that there is hardly a surprising moment in this entire film. The art of surprise is entirely what makes something funny in the first place. But since you can see mostly everything coming before it happens, the laughs end up being few and far between. Also some of the characters that were awesome in the original are just annoying here. Chow (Ken Jeong) continuously uses his obnoxious laugh, Stu spends the entire movie screaming, and Alan is just randomly stupid. The only character you can get behind is Phil. To make matter worse, the ending is truly painful and it reinforces that sense of deja vu you experience throughout the entire film. I understand that "Hangover" fans have to see this (I heard bad things before this and I still went), but after you see this sorry excuse for a comedy, head on over to "Bridesmaids" to get some real laughs. Expand
  39. Dec 16, 2011
    The only scene I found truly funny in this movie was the scene where they went to visit Zach Galifianakis's character, Alan, at his home, and we get to see what a rich, spoiled brat he truly is. There are other funny moments with Alan dappled through the movie, but that is because the actor is funny, not because the movie is funny. Beyond those select moments, the movie is not worthThe only scene I found truly funny in this movie was the scene where they went to visit Zach Galifianakis's character, Alan, at his home, and we get to see what a rich, spoiled brat he truly is. There are other funny moments with Alan dappled through the movie, but that is because the actor is funny, not because the movie is funny. Beyond those select moments, the movie is not worth seeing. It is just not funny. Expand
  40. May 16, 2015
    In spurts hits a high stride and is set-up to be even badder than the first one, but it's once the hangover begins when the movie began to lose me. The potential of a terrific continuation of a story becomes a lacklustre vision Todd Phillips excessively turns into formula; a storytelling disaster.
  41. Dec 17, 2011
    I really enjoyed the original. This movie is a literal copy and paste job. That wouldn't be so bad if it was funny, but it isn't. The overall concept and the escalation is no longer funny, there's nothing new (car chase, getting involved with criminals, bodily deformation, random animal and mini sidekick... it really is a shamefully unoriginal sellout), and the dialogue isn't funny... II really enjoyed the original. This movie is a literal copy and paste job. That wouldn't be so bad if it was funny, but it isn't. The overall concept and the escalation is no longer funny, there's nothing new (car chase, getting involved with criminals, bodily deformation, random animal and mini sidekick... it really is a shamefully unoriginal sellout), and the dialogue isn't funny... I think I laughed twice during this film. Avoid, even, or in fact especially, if you liked the original. Expand
  42. Feb 23, 2013
    The Hangover Part II tries so hard to be exactly like the first that it leaves nothing to the imagination and has no surprises what so ever! Don't get me wrong, the movie is great, it still has all its laugh out loud one liners, and of course Alan. What Part II doesn't have is originality. With a sequel, we want to see the same characters we love, in a similar, but different story. ThisThe Hangover Part II tries so hard to be exactly like the first that it leaves nothing to the imagination and has no surprises what so ever! Don't get me wrong, the movie is great, it still has all its laugh out loud one liners, and of course Alan. What Part II doesn't have is originality. With a sequel, we want to see the same characters we love, in a similar, but different story. This movie parallels the original to the point where they are uttering the same lines in the same situation, just in another city. If you saw the first one, while watching this one, you're going to know where they go and what happens next. They have a great thing here with a ton of chemistry between the actors, but what they need to do is take it to the next level. I hear they have hired a screenwriter for a third chapter, let's hope they keep the laughter and change the story! Expand
  43. Mar 24, 2012
    Don't lie to yourself, The Hangover Part II (2) was a GREAT movie if not perfect, at the time.
    I really enjoyed any moment from the chaos that only 3 men can make.
    If there won't be 3, and even better then this, cause I don't have a **** idea how it got 46 metascore and 5.6 user score!
    That rating makes this site, WRONG!
  44. Feb 11, 2012
    "Do you like money? Of course you do! You like to have money, and you also like to spend money. But, a certain old cliche says that you can't have both, so you're going to have to be earning enough money to at least keep you in profit and out of debt. Now making money is a pain; all that hard work you have to put in! What if there were an easier way? Well, let's just say that,"Do you like money? Of course you do! You like to have money, and you also like to spend money. But, a certain old cliche says that you can't have both, so you're going to have to be earning enough money to at least keep you in profit and out of debt. Now making money is a pain; all that hard work you have to put in! What if there were an easier way? Well, let's just say that, hypothetically, you had the opportunity to make a large profit by exerting minimal effort. Then your dilemma would be solved, would it not? So, if the easiest way to earn money is to just rehash your own original idea and market it as something new, why wouldn't you? That way, everyone has money, and everyone is happy!" - Todd Phillips on the making of The Hangover Part II Expand
  45. Jan 7, 2012
    Another enjoyable film by Todd Phillips. Unusual shenanigans in Bangkok with the "wolfpack" make for a hilarious comedy. It's the Hangover Pt. 1, just in a different place with dirtier jokes, but still worth watching.
  46. Dec 12, 2012
    The formula works, but the comedy in this instalment leaves you feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Coupled with Alan's transformation from a blundering idiot into a complete sociopath makes this movie a definite notch below the first instalment.
  47. May 12, 2013
    The Hangover part 2 is almost identical in every way as the first. Problem is the comedy was almost non existent. A lazy, witless film that provided maybe two laughs that I forgot as soon as the movie ended.
  48. May 12, 2013
    A recycled plot from the first one, except this time around it was monotonous and I hardly even chuckled. It was an obvious attempt to try to create the same success as its predecessor, but it failed big time.
  49. Apr 15, 2012
    It's a lot like the first one, just the same exept a little diffrent and new location. Not a very good film if you asked me. The Hangover Part 2 5.5/10
  50. Jun 8, 2012
    We've been told before to touch not the things that are without fault. Altering that which is already awesome could be a risky act, but repeating it could be even worse, because it shows no diligence and bravery. "The Hangover Part II" resembles its 2009 predecessor so much that it's probably more appropriate to regard it as a remake, than as a sequel.
    The extent of the similarity between
    The extent of the similarity between the two "Hangover" movies suggests hungry wallets for its makers. When the script is hurried, the shooting will be also. Paychecks are rewarded earlier, and audiences are left to watch a meaner, dirtier, and more offensive version of the same movie. There is a significant increase in violence, coarse language, and public display of privates. To warn viewers that are more sensitive, I would specify which organs to expect, but the setting of the film is Thailand, and if there's one thing I learned, it's that we can never be sure of what we see.
    The setting is in Thailand because Stu's fiancée, Lauren, is from that country, and her parents wish that the wedding is to be held there. Phil, Alan and Doug join Stu, which later leads to a beer at a beach with Lauren's little brother, Teddy. The next morning they uhm... forget it. You know the drill. Our heroes wake up with a lack of memory and a series of questions, and from this point on we are tasked to listen to conversations we have all heard before.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/the-hangover-part-2-movie-review/
  51. May 8, 2012
    Well it isn't as good as the first but, it's still funny. But it's still kind of dissapionting that this didn't live up to my very high expectations. Well, maybe 3 will be better.
  52. May 25, 2012
    It has its funny moments and its "OMFG CAN'T BREATHE" moments, but those just about 10% of the movie. This is just a giant carbon copy of the first. Even the perverted and raunchy humor that made the original a hit has gotten a little stupid and old. This movie just barely hits the okay mark.
  53. Jul 8, 2012
    Perfect example where the sequel doesn't live up to the original. This film uses a different backdrop (Bangkok-where hedonism is king) but uses the same story line and pieces to try to imitate the success of the first. This dynamic of trying to replicate the first one is so obvious its almost unwatchable except you want to see it end.
  54. Aug 25, 2012
    Wasn't anywhere near the high standards set in the first film, The Hangover Part II is a big disappointment and strikes the question, why did Todd Phillips makes this film? I think he has been corrupted by success as he used to always make solid films but this makes two poor films in his last two attempts. Not a great record from someone so talented. I didn't even watch this in the cinemaWasn't anywhere near the high standards set in the first film, The Hangover Part II is a big disappointment and strikes the question, why did Todd Phillips makes this film? I think he has been corrupted by success as he used to always make solid films but this makes two poor films in his last two attempts. Not a great record from someone so talented. I didn't even watch this in the cinema because, quite frankly, even the advert looked bad. Expand
  55. Oct 12, 2012
    Its the same plot and jokes as hangover 1...even the characters experience similar strife and so on. Think I chuckled once during whole movie...not worth even renting it.
  56. Feb 15, 2013
    Just like its earlier part, except this time in Thailand.
  57. Nov 7, 2012
    The first film was brilliant and hilarious, but this sucky sequel is absolutely miserable. Everyone tries way too hard to best the original. Instead, they just make a gross, offensive, pointless, brainless, dickless, tasteless, racist, sexist, misogynistic anti-farce that makes you want to rip your eyeballs out.
  58. Nov 14, 2012
    I really have no idea why this movie has got such a low rating this movie is such a superb piece of comedy the world will ever know .this movie should be somewhere 8-10
  59. Mar 11, 2013
    The sequel is the same thing as before only its forgettable. It lacks humor that isnt raunchy or sexual one of the worst sequels ever.
  60. Dec 8, 2012
    The first one was better. Thailand was a great setting. But truthfully, Vegas was better. The plot then was better. Maybe the third installment will do us good.
  61. Jun 13, 2013
    I thought it would be hard to top the first film but surprisingly enough they managed to make a sequel just as good I know most prefer the first one but I think they are pretty much on par, and this one certainly seems like it has a little more Action and new creative jokes :P Great to have all the main cast back as well! Thailand was also a good location choice and a nice little mix-upI thought it would be hard to top the first film but surprisingly enough they managed to make a sequel just as good I know most prefer the first one but I think they are pretty much on par, and this one certainly seems like it has a little more Action and new creative jokes :P Great to have all the main cast back as well! Thailand was also a good location choice and a nice little mix-up from Vegas. Overall a great movie to watch with mates, and I can't wait for the third and final chapter! Expand
  62. Jul 8, 2013
    Weak, lazy sauce. Why make a sequel to such a great and original comedy? They really dented the reputation with this stinker. Part III is hardly any better. What a waste.
  63. Jan 12, 2013
    The first one was for sure better, but I don't care, it delivered a lot of laughs. The Hangover 2 is not funnier, smarter and dangerous than the first Hangover (epic).
  64. Jul 16, 2013
    This film was a disappointment for me, having enjoyed part 1 immensely. It felt like too much of a rehash with the plot of the original being mirrored with some less funny, darker and raunchier comedy. I laughed a lot less in this movie when compared to the original which was upsetting considering my love for the original. The movie still has it's moments, such as the drug dealing monkey,This film was a disappointment for me, having enjoyed part 1 immensely. It felt like too much of a rehash with the plot of the original being mirrored with some less funny, darker and raunchier comedy. I laughed a lot less in this movie when compared to the original which was upsetting considering my love for the original. The movie still has it's moments, such as the drug dealing monkey, but the majority of the movies is unfunny or recycled. I still found the movie watchable for the actors chemistry and occasional funny joke but overall this film was a massive disappointment. Expand
  65. Sep 2, 2014
    "Oh, you are having a bad day. Did you die?" - Mr. Chow

Not as good as the first in the series, but it still makes you fun.

************************
  66. Jul 8, 2013
    Let me cut the crap, this sequel was worse than rancid apples. I hated The Hangover Part 2, it was unfunny, full of monkey dick jokes and sexual dialogue used at the freakin wrong time.
  67. Apr 26, 2013
    While the first Movie is funny and entertaining, this one is just boring. I am not sure if I laughed at all. Towards the end of it, I skipped some parts because I just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. I always thought Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle is hard to overcome in its boredom and lack of gags, but I guess we have a new winner. Watching this was a waste of my time.
  68. Apr 14, 2013
    the hangover 2 is a massive disappointments and cash-in on the fans. that's what happen when you take the movie add few elements to it re-circle it and cash it with no creativity or spin or another direction of the story my guess is the producer thought that he gonna make a ton load of money just because of the title but that's not how it's work let's hope the hangover 3 will be different.
  69. Jun 18, 2013
    Movie was great but it's the same like the first one. Everything is changed but plot is the same. Alan and chow are the main key of the film. GREAT MOVIE!
  70. Jun 2, 2013
    Yes, it's a cash-grab. Why does Bradley Cooper lead again? He's given almost nothing to satisfy the viewer except to keep the two crazies (Alan and Stu) apart. The way Stu freaks out and matures throughout this movie is both admirable and funny, of which Ed Helms should be proud. Alan is viewed as the spoilt child but manages to make people smile once more. The only two characters in thisYes, it's a cash-grab. Why does Bradley Cooper lead again? He's given almost nothing to satisfy the viewer except to keep the two crazies (Alan and Stu) apart. The way Stu freaks out and matures throughout this movie is both admirable and funny, of which Ed Helms should be proud. Alan is viewed as the spoilt child but manages to make people smile once more. The only two characters in this franchise that are worth savouring (if you don't count Mr Chow) The plot is dark. The jokes are rehashed and Bangkok is a gritty place to spend this hangover. Only tune in for Helms and Galifianakis, with a side of Jeong. Expand
  71. May 30, 2013
    The first Hangover movie was wonderful. I have to say I was less than impressed with the second. It was more of the same, just in a new location. It did have its moments, and the actors were still great!
  72. Jun 11, 2013
    Didn't like it actually. I laughed but if you think about it, it was a waste of time. I know they are laughable and the actors are great, but it was predictable not like the first film. I hope the 3rd one is better because Ghalifianakis must be the best comedian in the world right now and i really want to laugh like i did in the first film
  73. Jun 25, 2013
    This movie was funny, no doubt about it, yet i don't think it's perfect.

1. It literally IS the first movie, the same setup the same payoff and same revalations that are all solved at the end of the movie. 2. The comedy is much Darker, depending whether or not you like that, some parts for me literally had me thinking this is just... insane but genious. Some part of me says people
    This movie was funny, no doubt about it, yet i don't think it's perfect.

Some part of me says people have been to judgemental of this film, i'm thinking this is gonna be the modern "National Lampoon Vacation" series, something also makes me wonder what would happen should THIS film have came first.

Nevertheless I didn't care, i loved the movie and considering all these REALLY unneccesary sequels being made at the moment this one wasn't either BUT IT WAS MADE RIGHT.

Final Verdict: Try and review it as this is the only movie, if you like it you do if you don't you don't, personally i think it's missing all the surprise of the first one, but i still considered it good for what it's worth.

"Phil... I'm scared".
  74. Oct 13, 2013
    Nothing new here, just bits and pieces of the original. But maybe that's not such a bad thing, considering how funny the original was. This movie is just a couple of steps below it, and definitely worth a watch.
  75. Oct 11, 2013
    Th Hangover Part II is everything the first movie was but this time its in Thailand. Stu tries to have a nice and safe wedding but everything starts spiraling out of control. They loose Stu's brother-in-law and must find him before the wedding. Part II is just as good as Part I if not better.
  76. Jul 12, 2014
    Sure, it's not as good as the first, but still a good movie. new setting and they got more extreme in this one. Storyline the same which is nothing negative. I enjoyed it
  77. Jan 8, 2015
    The Hangover Part II is a 2011 American comedy film produced by Legendary Pictures and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is the sequel to 2009's The Hangover and the second film in The Hangover trilogy. Todd Phillips directed the film in addition to co-authoring the script with Craig Mazin, and Scot Armstrong. The film stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong,The Hangover Part II is a 2011 American comedy film produced by Legendary Pictures and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is the sequel to 2009's The Hangover and the second film in The Hangover trilogy. Todd Phillips directed the film in addition to co-authoring the script with Craig Mazin, and Scot Armstrong. The film stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong, Jeffrey Tambor, Justin Bartha and Paul Giamatti. It tells the story of Phil, Stu, Alan, and Doug as they travel to Thailand for Stu's wedding. After the bachelor party in Las Vegas, Stu takes no chances and opts for a safe, subdued pre-wedding brunch. Things do not go as planned, resulting in another bad hangover with no memories of the previous night. Expand
  78. Apr 25, 2015
    here's a reason why Groundhog Day doesn't have a sequel. Comedies built around a high concept may be great for one go-round, but when you try to replicate their USP you’re liable to end up with Home Alone 2: Lost In New York. The makers of the mega-grossing The Hangover have chosen to ignore this rule. The result is this pale Xerox of a movie, which sticks so closely to its predecessor’shere's a reason why Groundhog Day doesn't have a sequel. Comedies built around a high concept may be great for one go-round, but when you try to replicate their USP you’re liable to end up with Home Alone 2: Lost In New York. The makers of the mega-grossing The Hangover have chosen to ignore this rule. The result is this pale Xerox of a movie, which sticks so closely to its predecessor’s blueprint that it plays out more like a remake.

The 2009 original was Very Bad Things via Memento, a cleverly structured dumb comedy about a stag night that wittily skipped the 'good stuff', piecing together the specifics of the debauch like CSI: Las Vegas. For the follow-up, director Todd Phillips has made the logical decision to re-locate to the one place seedier than Sin City: Bangkok. Through a hazily sketched-out set-up — dentist Stu (Ed Helms) is set to wed a non-mail-order Thai bride (Jamie Chung) - the gang are reunited and set loose in another mean metropolis. Except where the first film pinballed from surprise to surprise (hooker! Tiger! Tyson!), here the screenwriters have settled for tapping 'Find & Replace'.

There's another creature, in the shape of an impish monkey in a Rolling Stones jacket that’s probably not official merchandise (note to all involved: animals smoking aren’t funny). There’s another sex worker, in the form of a stripper with a secret that would make Alan Partridge go, “A-ha!”. There are more Kanye West music cues, another travel-show montage over the opening credits, a second bride-to-be, a further big speech from Helms at the end… All this recycling might be a conscious choice, but it results in a caper that’s listless where it should be anarchic.

The humour’s even raunchier than before, leading to some cringily funny vignettes, most involving lunatic loudmouth Alan (Zach Galifianakis) or preening crime lord Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong) — although the much-discussed tattoo-artist character, who was to be played by Mel Gibson/ Liam Neeson and is actually played by Nick Cassevetes, is disappointingly only there to deliver exposition. But where the film succeeds in making Bangkok look like a sleazy, decrepit hellhole, it seems less concerned with finding actual jokes. One plot-strand involving Paul Giamatti stands out as being particularly devoid of laughter and thrills.

A Get Him To The Greek-style spin-off with Alan at the forefront might have been a better way to capitalise on the Wolf Pack’s chemistry. Instead, we’ve ended up with one very padded Thai adventure.

According to Phillips, the 'Part II' in the title is a nod to the second Godfather, which matched the genius of its forerunner. Ironically, his own sequel offer is one you should refuse.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Jun 1, 2011
    It's not that Part II is bad, exactly. If "The Hangover" had never existed, this movie might feel funnier than it does, if not quite as freshly hilarious.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 30, 2011
    The Hangover Part II isn't a dud, exactly - some of it is very funny, and there are a few memorable jolts and outlandish dirty moments. But it feels, at times, like a routine adventure film set overseas.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    May 30, 2011
    If The Hangover was a boorish blackout fantasy for our binge-drinking age, The Hangover Part II is something like the contents of a fraternity house's toilet the morning after an insane kegger-namely, regurgitated elements of a more entertaining prior adventure.