The Hangover Part II

5.6

1. Jun 26, 2011
    It's clear this film was made simply to make a large heap of cash. If you enjoyed the first film, you shouldn't enjoy this one. Even the always great Zach Galifianakis can't save this mess.
  2. May 30, 2011
    Much has been said about the fact that they reused almost the exact same formula for the plot on this second go-around. The truth is, for this second installment of the Wolf Pack franchise, the formula works-it's the jokes that don't hold the film together. The film begins like a comfortable pair of shoes. The film looks great, the characters are still interesting, but soon you find thatMuch has been said about the fact that they reused almost the exact same formula for the plot on this second go-around. The truth is, for this second installment of the Wolf Pack franchise, the formula works-it's the jokes that don't hold the film together. The film begins like a comfortable pair of shoes. The film looks great, the characters are still interesting, but soon you find that this pair of shoes has some holes in it. One would imagine that finding jokes in such a foreign land for the Wolf Pack would have been easier, but the filmmakers went for shock value rather than actual belly laughs this time. The memory sequence with Allen was actually one of the more clever moments in the film because the comedy came from what we already know about the character, not by showing us human body parts in different combination. I did not have a terrible time with Hangover 2, I just expected more from a trip half way around the world. Expand
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    The movie is 90% "Hangover" and 10% Ken Jeong. "The Hangover Part 2" is a decent comedy that will rattle you up for several minutes, but **** plz! The movie is what you already saw in 2009.
  4. Jun 3, 2011
    I really looked forward to seeing this film, reason being that I loved the first film, but this film was darker and it was not up to standard. I guess I was forced to laugh at some parts of the film, it could of been a lot better. First of all the introduction was so boring, that I questioned myself if I didn't see the first film, I would be out of there within the first twenty minutes.I really looked forward to seeing this film, reason being that I loved the first film, but this film was darker and it was not up to standard. I guess I was forced to laugh at some parts of the film, it could of been a lot better. First of all the introduction was so boring, that I questioned myself if I didn't see the first film, I would be out of there within the first twenty minutes.

Some of these Jokes, you have to wonder where they even funny or where they that shocking you wonder whether to laugh or not. The humor was nowhere near as good. I guess this is one of those failed sequels and to be honest I am not expecting a lot from the third one.
  5. Jun 16, 2011
    So a sequel to a great movie. This can't be good. Yes indeed. This movie was horrible. I couldn't enjoy watching it at all. I paid 10 bucks to watch the same movie, with a new setting. Don't get me wrong the movie had some funny parts, but it wasn't nearly as amazing as the first one. The biggest problem with the sequel, is it's structured the same as the first. Which is very annoying toSo a sequel to a great movie. This can't be good. Yes indeed. This movie was horrible. I couldn't enjoy watching it at all. I paid 10 bucks to watch the same movie, with a new setting. Don't get me wrong the movie had some funny parts, but it wasn't nearly as amazing as the first one. The biggest problem with the sequel, is it's structured the same as the first. Which is very annoying to watch. You feel just scammed. it's so not worth paying 10 bucks to see the same movie with a different setting, a new person getting married, with less funny jokes. Todd Phillips messed up. Expand
  6. May 26, 2011
    Maybe its because I'm biased about The Hangover franchise, in a positive way, because the original is one of my favorite movies of all time, but the new addition to the series shouldn't be getting a grade in the 40's. Yes, it is a much crueler and darker film than the original and everything feels the same, but "The Hangover: Part II" is better than the dumb, crap comedies that HollywoodMaybe its because I'm biased about The Hangover franchise, in a positive way, because the original is one of my favorite movies of all time, but the new addition to the series shouldn't be getting a grade in the 40's. Yes, it is a much crueler and darker film than the original and everything feels the same, but "The Hangover: Part II" is better than the dumb, crap comedies that Hollywood produces on a daily basis. Newcomer, Mason Lee who plays Teddy, Stew's new fiance's younger brother, gives a flat, half-assed performance. And at points, I didn't even want "the Wolf pack" to find him when he went missing. I was sort of happy he was gone from the whole crowd. Also in this new addition, Alan seems more or less mentally handicapped in this film and after the first few of his jokes, you just start to feel bad for him, the humor is very dark and vulgar and there is no sign of heart or just any sign of human compassion in Part II. I'm not saying Part II is a bad movie, but none the less, I'm not saying its a great one. There aren't many quotable lines while the original was probably the most quotable movie of this generation, and the movie isn't very memorable. But, on the other hand, for the time being, it is consistently funny and while it is a little disappointing, it's a fine prequel to the last of the series, Part III, which hopefully starts Pre-Production in the next few months. By any means though, Part II doesn't deserve all of this critical bash it's receiving but it will please the fans for the time being.
    All in all, Part II is a meaner, cruder and much more vulgar remake of the original that is fairly funny and we'll entertain anyone in the theater, it'll just be that and will hold fans' attention spans long enough until the final part of the franchised is being released.
  7. May 26, 2011
    Sadly, this movie just seems as if it's trying to hard to cash in on the success of the first, rather than try to top it. This is one of those films that "had those couple of good, funny scenes." Unfortunately, close to all of those scenes involved a penis.

I managed to watch it's predecessor 4 times in theatres, as opposed to the one time I'm ever going to see this. Maybe I'll watch it again, but not anytime soon.

If you were a fan of the first one, I would recommend seeing it, just for the sake of seeing it, but I wouldn't go in with very high expectations.
  8. May 28, 2011
    The best part of the first movie is also the best part of the second film: the photo reveal during the credits. Absolutely hilarious. I jumped out of my seat a couple of times to the chagrin of my crime partners. The rest of the movie is good, just not nearly as new and fresh as the original - which is to be expected. It's not the Empire Strikes Back of comedies. It also doesn't have asThe best part of the first movie is also the best part of the second film: the photo reveal during the credits. Absolutely hilarious. I jumped out of my seat a couple of times to the chagrin of my crime partners. The rest of the movie is good, just not nearly as new and fresh as the original - which is to be expected. It's not the Empire Strikes Back of comedies. It also doesn't have as many plumb supporting roles as the first. The lack of Mel Gibson in the tattoo artist scene leaves a gaping hole where some laughs should have been. And the cameo toward the end (no spoilers) was almost painfully unfunny. What salvages the movie is seeing more of the Wolfpack and Chow. On another note, how does this girl from the Real World San Diego keep getting roles? First Sucker Punch and now this? She doesn't seem to bring much to the table. But hey, to her credit, she's one of two actresses to emerge from that show with any semblance of a film career. Expand
  9. Mar 14, 2012
    hangover part 1 was really funny, this one made me fall asleep. it was exactly the same as the first, but with less funny jokes. apparently they are making a hangover 3, thats gonna fail.
  10. May 27, 2011
    The Hangover, Part II is not what you expected to see, but not nearly as good as the first movie. I don't think that movie will not be the best sequel and even though the scenes are not that bad, the characters are that bad, the cinematography is not that bad, it's the story has the same plot as the first one. I just wonder that why are doing all over again and why do they do same issueThe Hangover, Part II is not what you expected to see, but not nearly as good as the first movie. I don't think that movie will not be the best sequel and even though the scenes are not that bad, the characters are that bad, the cinematography is not that bad, it's the story has the same plot as the first one. I just wonder that why are doing all over again and why do they do same issue all over again. The scenes could be funny sometime, but it's very vulgarly nasty and too tedious to see. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2011
    This movie had it's funny moments, but all in all, this movie's main flaw was it's unoriginality. It was basically exactly like the first movie, just in a different city.
  12. Jun 2, 2011
    Very entertaining and hilarious...but very similar to the first movie. It was as if they made the script from the first movie into a Mad Lib, and just replaced a few words to write the script for Part II. All you have to do is replace tiger with monkey, missing tooth with tattoo, Vegas with Thailand, roof with....well, I don't want to give the whole thing away. I wish the script wasVery entertaining and hilarious...but very similar to the first movie. It was as if they made the script from the first movie into a Mad Lib, and just replaced a few words to write the script for Part II. All you have to do is replace tiger with monkey, missing tooth with tattoo, Vegas with Thailand, roof with....well, I don't want to give the whole thing away. I wish the script was more innovative and more of a twist on the original, rather than copying it, but it was still funny and entertaining nonetheless. I'm still glad I saw it. Expand
  13. Dec 17, 2012
    Not much to say about this film. It
  14. Jul 26, 2011
    It seems like Horrible Bosses has taken over to look something forward to as a sequel. This movie lost its luster on this part II. Hangover 1 was just amazing. There was a lot of stupid sexuality that just wasn't funny. Using the monkey for jokes just does not work unless your audience is younger (which it clearly can't be with all the other sexual stuff in this movie).
  15. Jun 10, 2011
    Not nearly as funny as part 1, which till date its considered one of the funniest movies of all time. This sequel ripped off everything part one was made of and duplicated the plot, jokes, and premise. Its basically how The Hangover 1 SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE. Lack of creativity and some boring slow parts made this one a lack luster movie, DVD material. Hangover 1 is still king.
  16. Mar 21, 2012
    Fun to watch, however, what made the original Hangover so good was the surprise element throughout and the wackiness of Galifianakis. Neither of these elements are fresh in this sequel and as a result the makers felt they needed to push the bar to new extremes, but perhaps pushed it a couple of clicks more than I would have liked them to.
  17. Jun 5, 2011
    I Can't rate this movie any higher, because though this movie had some laugh out loud moments, for me it was just too much like the first one. I'm sure that the filmmakers wanted to follow the same format, but for me it just doesnt work. I think they over thought this one.......
  18. May 31, 2011
    The first one was surprising: madcap situations, wacky characters and outrageous humor. The sequel is more of the sameâ
  19. Jul 23, 2011
    Control + c. Control + v. There was no creativity in this movie, but it still manages to get a few deserving laughs. The full frontal (Yes, there are multiple of men and women) were disturbing and unneeded. Definitely, the metascore does a good job of representing this movie.
  20. May 19, 2012
    It's kinda sad that I didn't feel that this one was as good as I thought it would be. I loved the 1st movie, when this trailer came, I was so excited. I was with my friends in theaters to watch this. When it was over, we kinda felt that something felt wrong about it, it's just the same **** as the 1st one with a lil change on it. I think that I was lil too hyped forIt's kinda sad that I didn't feel that this one was as good as I thought it would be. I loved the 1st movie, when this trailer came, I was so excited. I was with my friends in theaters to watch this. When it was over, we kinda felt that something felt wrong about it, it's just the same **** as the 1st one with a lil change on it. I think that I was lil too hyped for it. So, I went to see it again, by myself this time. Again, I had that feeling, it didn't hold-up as I really want it too. If you already saw the 1st movie, you don't have to see this one. It doesn't hold up as you think or how much you want it to. I felt the same. It really pains me to say it, but this is a skip. Expand
  21. Jun 4, 2011
    Like Caddyshack 2 and Animal House 2 and _______________ (pick another studio-driven comedic cash cow) 2, the second Hangover was sentimentally funny and all too forgettable (except The Crying Game allusion...well done there, boys). That said I laughed my ass off a few times and, once again, hardest of all during the closing credits. It was essentially the same template as the first, but ILike Caddyshack 2 and Animal House 2 and _______________ (pick another studio-driven comedic cash cow) 2, the second Hangover was sentimentally funny and all too forgettable (except The Crying Game allusion...well done there, boys). That said I laughed my ass off a few times and, once again, hardest of all during the closing credits. It was essentially the same template as the first, but I had a couple of beers and popcorn all ready, so I knew what I was getting into. Expand
  22. May 28, 2011
    Its okay, there is not really anything funny in the dialogue, i think it is mainly just slapstick comedy, the most basic of things. The situations are outrageous so we are supposed to laugh.. and I did if only Ken Jeong could save the whole film..
  23. May 31, 2011
    So wanted to like The Hangover Part II but even though it was OK, it just could not live up to the brilliant original. Yes I did laugh out loud many times but the fact that its the exact same movie was so disappointing. This movie proves the point about what is wrong with Hollywood.
  24. Dec 3, 2011
    Not at all a good as the first one. I generally like when they do not mess too much with a formula that was working but this installement somehow felt quite uninspired. Actually there was not that many places where I lauched. Most of the time I was just feeling annoyed that the bloody bearded idiot actually did the same thing again.
  25. Jun 10, 2011
    I didn't expect Part II to be anywhere as good as the original, but it was disappointing nonetheless. I wouldn't have minded the fact that it was basically the same movie, if it had at least been a little bit funny. I was mildly laughing for the first 20 minutes, but after that, when all the hilarity was supposed to start, the film just became boring and hard to watch. The plot stoppedI didn't expect Part II to be anywhere as good as the original, but it was disappointing nonetheless. I wouldn't have minded the fact that it was basically the same movie, if it had at least been a little bit funny. I was mildly laughing for the first 20 minutes, but after that, when all the hilarity was supposed to start, the film just became boring and hard to watch. The plot stopped making sense, and got really confusing. Too many things were happening, and there wasn't enough comedy to keep me interested. The first movie will forever be one of my favorite comedies, but I'm really hoping to just forget that the second part exists. I didn't rate this too low, because, as I've mentioned before, I found the first 20 minutes funny. Expand
  26. Jul 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is the same thing just in a different location, sometimes that can be good but this movie is not as funny as the first, that had charm and actually good jokes, this has as much charm as a bangkok ladyboy and only a few good jokes, good if you go with your friends that are all guys as there is a point were we find out that Stu has had sex with ladyboy and its just a weird and awkward moment that you don't want to experience on a first date. Expand
  27. Jun 3, 2011
    The makers of the Hangover have accomplished the seemingly difficult task of creating a film to rival the aforementioned Las Vegian laugh-fest in both quality and originality.
    The Hangover Part 2's opening scenes will initially spark fears that it will be nothing more than a Zach Galifianakis show, with nine tenths of the gag material coming from him. And despite Galifianakis' impending foray into the comedic elite, multiple hours of just this clueless and inappropriate hilarity would inevitably become sickening.
    Nevertheless, once the 'wolfpack' are thrown into their 'hangover', this film picks up where their last one left off. The colourful and erratic nature of Bangkok is the perfect contrast to the setting of their previous wild escapade and the suitably action-accompanied plot line moves along with the velocity of a steam train. However, what is particularly appreciable about this film is the resistance by Phillps et al to not transverse complete rationality - despite gunfights, car chases and drug-dealing monkeys, the basic premise of this film remains within the relative boundaries of reason, particularly when considering the foundations for this film: being part 1.
    The Hangover Part 2 is by no means a masterpiece. It is the film that fans of its predecessor want to see, and the creators could not ask for more than that.
  28. Jun 21, 2011
    I gave the original a 9, but this one just falls short. They basically remade the first one and though I laughed pretty hard a couple times, most of the time I was bored.
  29. Jun 6, 2011
    As you might've guessed, this movie is essentially the same as the original. Different city, different wedding, same scenario...but what else could you do with a sequel like this? Much of the humor is unoriginal and borrowed from part I. It just felt stale throughout. Sure there are some funny moments, but part II fails to differentiate itself enough from its predecessor to warrant theAs you might've guessed, this movie is essentially the same as the original. Different city, different wedding, same scenario...but what else could you do with a sequel like this? Much of the humor is unoriginal and borrowed from part I. It just felt stale throughout. Sure there are some funny moments, but part II fails to differentiate itself enough from its predecessor to warrant the price of admission. Part III is already on the way... whose wedding could it be this time? Expand
  30. Jun 8, 2011
    To say that The Hangover Part II is anywhere close to being as good as the original should be a crime. The original Hangover is a masterpiece when it comes to vulgar jaw dropping comedies, in my opinion it is one of the best comedies in years, but part II failed to measure up to it's previous story. It is what it looks like, a less funny, carbon copy of the first film. Maybe Part III canTo say that The Hangover Part II is anywhere close to being as good as the original should be a crime. The original Hangover is a masterpiece when it comes to vulgar jaw dropping comedies, in my opinion it is one of the best comedies in years, but part II failed to measure up to it's previous story. It is what it looks like, a less funny, carbon copy of the first film. Maybe Part III can win back my love for Todd Phillips. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Jun 1, 2011
    It's not that Part II is bad, exactly. If "The Hangover" had never existed, this movie might feel funnier than it does, if not quite as freshly hilarious.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 30, 2011
    The Hangover Part II isn't a dud, exactly - some of it is very funny, and there are a few memorable jolts and outlandish dirty moments. But it feels, at times, like a routine adventure film set overseas.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    May 30, 2011
    If The Hangover was a boorish blackout fantasy for our binge-drinking age, The Hangover Part II is something like the contents of a fraternity house's toilet the morning after an insane kegger-namely, regurgitated elements of a more entertaining prior adventure.