5.6

1. Sep 2, 2014
    "Oh, you are having a bad day. Did you die?" - Mr. Chow

Not as good as the first in the series, but it still makes you fun.

************************
  2. Jul 12, 2014
    Sure, it's not as good as the first, but still a good movie. new setting and they got more extreme in this one. Storyline the same which is nothing negative. I enjoyed it
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    Not as original as the first one, and not nearly as good but the continuation of the story is a whole lot of fun if you enjoyed 2009's remarkable comedic adventure. These movies are chime monuments in the genre and this one sets the bar high and blows your mind throughout, but by the end you wonder what the vision was. Like as if they got lazy altogether and didn't have anything else toNot as original as the first one, and not nearly as good but the continuation of the story is a whole lot of fun if you enjoyed 2009's remarkable comedic adventure. These movies are chime monuments in the genre and this one sets the bar high and blows your mind throughout, but by the end you wonder what the vision was. Like as if they got lazy altogether and didn't have anything else to call it but The Hangover Part 2 because there is nothing really 'parted' in the story that resonates. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2013
    Nothing new here, just bits and pieces of the original. But maybe that's not such a bad thing, considering how funny the original was. This movie is just a couple of steps below it, and definitely worth a watch.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Th Hangover Part II is everything the first movie was but this time its in Thailand. Stu tries to have a nice and safe wedding but everything starts spiraling out of control. They loose Stu's brother-in-law and must find him before the wedding. Part II is just as good as Part I if not better.
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    This film was a disappointment for me, having enjoyed part 1 immensely. It felt like too much of a rehash with the plot of the original being mirrored with some less funny, darker and raunchier comedy. I laughed a lot less in this movie when compared to the original which was upsetting considering my love for the original. The movie still has it's moments, such as the drug dealing monkey,This film was a disappointment for me, having enjoyed part 1 immensely. It felt like too much of a rehash with the plot of the original being mirrored with some less funny, darker and raunchier comedy. I laughed a lot less in this movie when compared to the original which was upsetting considering my love for the original. The movie still has it's moments, such as the drug dealing monkey, but the majority of the movies is unfunny or recycled. I still found the movie watchable for the actors chemistry and occasional funny joke but overall this film was a massive disappointment. Expand
  7. Jul 8, 2013
    Weak, lazy sauce. Why make a sequel to such a great and original comedy? They really dented the reputation with this stinker. Part III is hardly any better. What a waste.
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    Let me cut the crap, this sequel was worse than rancid apples. I hated The Hangover Part 2, it was unfunny, full of monkey dick jokes and sexual dialogue used at the freakin wrong time.
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    This movie was funny, no doubt about it, yet i don't think it's perfect.

1. It literally IS the first movie, the same setup the same payoff and same revalations that are all solved at the end of the movie. 2. The comedy is much Darker, depending whether or not you like that, some parts for me literally had me thinking this is just... insane but genious. Some part of me says people
    This movie was funny, no doubt about it, yet i don't think it's perfect.

Some part of me says people have been to judgemental of this film, i'm thinking this is gonna be the modern "National Lampoon Vacation" series, something also makes me wonder what would happen should THIS film have came first.

Nevertheless I didn't care, i loved the movie and considering all these REALLY unneccesary sequels being made at the moment this one wasn't either BUT IT WAS MADE RIGHT.

Final Verdict: Try and review it as this is the only movie, if you like it you do if you don't you don't, personally i think it's missing all the surprise of the first one, but i still considered it good for what it's worth.

"Phil... I'm scared".
  10. Jun 23, 2013
    The acting of Cooper and Helms as they express frustration and anger in some scenes was terrific and a realistic human reaction with somewhat restrain. However, some faults with the movie include the negative portrayal of transsexuals, as the film suggests that trans women aren't really women, just "men with boobs". Overall, the irritating low brow humour provided by Chow, combined withThe acting of Cooper and Helms as they express frustration and anger in some scenes was terrific and a realistic human reaction with somewhat restrain. However, some faults with the movie include the negative portrayal of transsexuals, as the film suggests that trans women aren't really women, just "men with boobs". Overall, the irritating low brow humour provided by Chow, combined with the characterisation of Alan, with his juvenile, indifferent, and nonchalant behaviour and actions causes other characters to be frustrated and leaves the audience with a hangover. Expand
  11. Jun 18, 2013
    Movie was great but it's the same like the first one. Everything is changed but plot is the same. Alan and chow are the main key of the film. GREAT MOVIE!
  12. Jun 13, 2013
    I thought it would be hard to top the first film but surprisingly enough they managed to make a sequel just as good I know most prefer the first one but I think they are pretty much on par, and this one certainly seems like it has a little more Action and new creative jokes :P Great to have all the main cast back as well! Thailand was also a good location choice and a nice little mix-upI thought it would be hard to top the first film but surprisingly enough they managed to make a sequel just as good I know most prefer the first one but I think they are pretty much on par, and this one certainly seems like it has a little more Action and new creative jokes :P Great to have all the main cast back as well! Thailand was also a good location choice and a nice little mix-up from Vegas. Overall a great movie to watch with mates, and I can't wait for the third and final chapter! Expand
  13. Jun 11, 2013
    Didn't like it actually. I laughed but if you think about it, it was a waste of time. I know they are laughable and the actors are great, but it was predictable not like the first film. I hope the 3rd one is better because Ghalifianakis must be the best comedian in the world right now and i really want to laugh like i did in the first film
  14. Jun 2, 2013
    Yes, it's a cash-grab. Why does Bradley Cooper lead again? He's given almost nothing to satisfy the viewer except to keep the two crazies (Alan and Stu) apart. The way Stu freaks out and matures throughout this movie is both admirable and funny, of which Ed Helms should be proud. Alan is viewed as the spoilt child but manages to make people smile once more. The only two characters in thisYes, it's a cash-grab. Why does Bradley Cooper lead again? He's given almost nothing to satisfy the viewer except to keep the two crazies (Alan and Stu) apart. The way Stu freaks out and matures throughout this movie is both admirable and funny, of which Ed Helms should be proud. Alan is viewed as the spoilt child but manages to make people smile once more. The only two characters in this franchise that are worth savouring (if you don't count Mr Chow) The plot is dark. The jokes are rehashed and Bangkok is a gritty place to spend this hangover. Only tune in for Helms and Galifianakis, with a side of Jeong. Expand
  15. May 30, 2013
    The first Hangover movie was wonderful. I have to say I was less than impressed with the second. It was more of the same, just in a new location. It did have its moments, and the actors were still great!
  16. May 12, 2013
    A recycled plot from the first one, except this time around it was monotonous and I hardly even chuckled. It was an obvious attempt to try to create the same success as its predecessor, but it failed big time.
  17. May 12, 2013
    The Hangover part 2 is almost identical in every way as the first. Problem is the comedy was almost non existent. A lazy, witless film that provided maybe two laughs that I forgot as soon as the movie ended.
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    While the first Movie is funny and entertaining, this one is just boring. I am not sure if I laughed at all. Towards the end of it, I skipped some parts because I just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. I always thought Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle is hard to overcome in its boredom and lack of gags, but I guess we have a new winner. Watching this was a waste of my time.
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    the hangover 2 is a massive disappointments and cash-in on the fans. that's what happen when you take the movie add few elements to it re-circle it and cash it with no creativity or spin or another direction of the story my guess is the producer thought that he gonna make a ton load of money just because of the title but that's not how it's work let's hope the hangover 3 will be different.
  20. Mar 23, 2013
    Loved the first film, but was nervous about how a sequel would turn out considering how unnecessary one was. In the end it's good but isn't as funny as the first movie. One big flaw is how it fails to do anything new. The setting is dirtier and grittier, and the content is a lot darker, but most of the movie is just slightly altered content from the first movie. Still I enjoyed and fans ofLoved the first film, but was nervous about how a sequel would turn out considering how unnecessary one was. In the end it's good but isn't as funny as the first movie. One big flaw is how it fails to do anything new. The setting is dirtier and grittier, and the content is a lot darker, but most of the movie is just slightly altered content from the first movie. Still I enjoyed and fans of the first will as well. Just don't expect anything we haven't seen before in the first movie. Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2013
    The sequel is the same thing as before only its forgettable. It lacks humor that isnt raunchy or sexual one of the worst sequels ever.
  22. Mar 9, 2013
    The hangover II is exactly like the first one. It is funny but while watching the movie, you feel like you have seen it all in the first one. It lacks the originality, the first one had. Still a funny movie.
  23. Feb 23, 2013
    The Hangover Part II tries so hard to be exactly like the first that it leaves nothing to the imagination and has no surprises what so ever! Don't get me wrong, the movie is great, it still has all its laugh out loud one liners, and of course Alan. What Part II doesn't have is originality. With a sequel, we want to see the same characters we love, in a similar, but different story. ThisThe Hangover Part II tries so hard to be exactly like the first that it leaves nothing to the imagination and has no surprises what so ever! Don't get me wrong, the movie is great, it still has all its laugh out loud one liners, and of course Alan. What Part II doesn't have is originality. With a sequel, we want to see the same characters we love, in a similar, but different story. This movie parallels the original to the point where they are uttering the same lines in the same situation, just in another city. If you saw the first one, while watching this one, you're going to know where they go and what happens next. They have a great thing here with a ton of chemistry between the actors, but what they need to do is take it to the next level. I hear they have hired a screenwriter for a third chapter, let's hope they keep the laughter and change the story! Expand
  24. Feb 15, 2013
    Just like its earlier part, except this time in Thailand.
  25. Jan 12, 2013
    The first one was for sure better, but I don't care, it delivered a lot of laughs. The Hangover 2 is not funnier, smarter and dangerous than the first Hangover (epic).
  26. Dec 17, 2012
    Not much to say about this film. It
  27. Dec 12, 2012
    The formula works, but the comedy in this instalment leaves you feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Coupled with Alan's transformation from a blundering idiot into a complete sociopath makes this movie a definite notch below the first instalment.
  28. Dec 8, 2012
    The first one was better. Thailand was a great setting. But truthfully, Vegas was better. The plot then was better. Maybe the third installment will do us good.
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    I really have no idea why this movie has got such a low rating this movie is such a superb piece of comedy the world will ever know .this movie should be somewhere 8-10
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    The first film was brilliant and hilarious, but this sucky sequel is absolutely miserable. Everyone tries way too hard to best the original. Instead, they just make a gross, offensive, pointless, brainless, dickless, tasteless, racist, sexist, misogynistic anti-farce that makes you want to rip your eyeballs out.
  31. Oct 12, 2012
    Its the same plot and jokes as hangover 1...even the characters experience similar strife and so on. Think I chuckled once during whole movie...not worth even renting it.
  32. Aug 25, 2012
    Wasn't anywhere near the high standards set in the first film, The Hangover Part II is a big disappointment and strikes the question, why did Todd Phillips makes this film? I think he has been corrupted by success as he used to always make solid films but this makes two poor films in his last two attempts. Not a great record from someone so talented. I didn't even watch this in the cinemaWasn't anywhere near the high standards set in the first film, The Hangover Part II is a big disappointment and strikes the question, why did Todd Phillips makes this film? I think he has been corrupted by success as he used to always make solid films but this makes two poor films in his last two attempts. Not a great record from someone so talented. I didn't even watch this in the cinema because, quite frankly, even the advert looked bad. Expand
  33. Jul 8, 2012
    Perfect example where the sequel doesn't live up to the original. This film uses a different backdrop (Bangkok-where hedonism is king) but uses the same story line and pieces to try to imitate the success of the first. This dynamic of trying to replicate the first one is so obvious its almost unwatchable except you want to see it end.
  34. Jun 12, 2012
    I know I'm late to the party here, but redbox threw me a couple free rentals and everybody makes mistakes, okay? Good god, what was this? I know the first flick is propped up because it was the only thing in a barren wasteland of comedy movies, but was it good enough to be done TWICE? With less jokes? Folks, I promise you, Zach Galifanakis is actually pretty funny. Please don't blame theI know I'm late to the party here, but redbox threw me a couple free rentals and everybody makes mistakes, okay? Good god, what was this? I know the first flick is propped up because it was the only thing in a barren wasteland of comedy movies, but was it good enough to be done TWICE? With less jokes? Folks, I promise you, Zach Galifanakis is actually pretty funny. Please don't blame the man; blame the material. And what is up with this Bradley Cooper guy? He's absolutely WORTHLESS. Running around acting like a complete jerk does not a compelling (let alone likeable) character make. All people want from these movies is fatty and glasses; why do they even bother with the other two milquetoasts? Expand
  35. Jun 8, 2012
    We've been told before to touch not the things that are without fault. Altering that which is already awesome could be a risky act, but repeating it could be even worse, because it shows no diligence and bravery. "The Hangover Part II" resembles its 2009 predecessor so much that it's probably more appropriate to regard it as a remake, than as a sequel.
    The extent of the similarity between
    The extent of the similarity between the two "Hangover" movies suggests hungry wallets for its makers. When the script is hurried, the shooting will be also. Paychecks are rewarded earlier, and audiences are left to watch a meaner, dirtier, and more offensive version of the same movie. There is a significant increase in violence, coarse language, and public display of privates. To warn viewers that are more sensitive, I would specify which organs to expect, but the setting of the film is Thailand, and if there's one thing I learned, it's that we can never be sure of what we see.
    The setting is in Thailand because Stu's fiancée, Lauren, is from that country, and her parents wish that the wedding is to be held there. Phil, Alan and Doug join Stu, which later leads to a beer at a beach with Lauren's little brother, Teddy. The next morning they uhm... forget it. You know the drill. Our heroes wake up with a lack of memory and a series of questions, and from this point on we are tasked to listen to conversations we have all heard before.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/the-hangover-part-2-movie-review/
  36. Jun 1, 2012
    This second helping is darker, grittier and more obscene than the original but not necessary better or worse than its predecessor. I found 'The Hangover Part II' to be more of a continuation of the first film (as the title suggests) then a entirely new sequel. Being an R-rated comedy, you're not going to unearth a more rancid, scandalous hive of foul language, full-frontal nudity or drugThis second helping is darker, grittier and more obscene than the original but not necessary better or worse than its predecessor. I found 'The Hangover Part II' to be more of a continuation of the first film (as the title suggests) then a entirely new sequel. Being an R-rated comedy, you're not going to unearth a more rancid, scandalous hive of foul language, full-frontal nudity or drug references but quite frankly you shouldn't expect otherwise and it's this appeal which won over so many fans from the 2009 movie. Warning: watch this picture with an open mind! Expand
  37. May 25, 2012
    It has its funny moments and its "OMFG CAN'T BREATHE" moments, but those just about 10% of the movie. This is just a giant carbon copy of the first. Even the perverted and raunchy humor that made the original a hit has gotten a little stupid and old. This movie just barely hits the okay mark.
  38. May 19, 2012
    It's kinda sad that I didn't feel that this one was as good as I thought it would be. I loved the 1st movie, when this trailer came, I was so excited. I was with my friends in theaters to watch this. When it was over, we kinda felt that something felt wrong about it, it's just the same **** as the 1st one with a lil change on it. I think that I was lil too hyped forIt's kinda sad that I didn't feel that this one was as good as I thought it would be. I loved the 1st movie, when this trailer came, I was so excited. I was with my friends in theaters to watch this. When it was over, we kinda felt that something felt wrong about it, it's just the same **** as the 1st one with a lil change on it. I think that I was lil too hyped for it. So, I went to see it again, by myself this time. Again, I had that feeling, it didn't hold-up as I really want it too. If you already saw the 1st movie, you don't have to see this one. It doesn't hold up as you think or how much you want it to. I felt the same. It really pains me to say it, but this is a skip. Expand
  39. May 8, 2012
    Well it isn't as good as the first but, it's still funny. But it's still kind of dissapionting that this didn't live up to my very high expectations. Well, maybe 3 will be better.
  40. Apr 15, 2012
    It's a lot like the first one, just the same exept a little diffrent and new location. Not a very good film if you asked me. The Hangover Part 2 5.5/10
  41. Mar 24, 2012
    Don't lie to yourself, The Hangover Part II (2) was a GREAT movie if not perfect, at the time.
    I really enjoyed any moment from the chaos that only 3 men can make.
    If there won't be 3, and even better then this, cause I don't have a **** idea how it got 46 metascore and 5.6 user score!
    That rating makes this site, WRONG!
  42. Mar 22, 2012
    Don't even read what those idiotic critics have to say. I hate movie critics. How come they ever criticize a Hangover sequel? I know the jokes a re a little bit just the same as the first, but I think they changed it to a brand new look and if you haven't seen The Hangover Part II, Go rent it or buy it or save it in your wishlist! This is the best Hangover movie since the first and can'tDon't even read what those idiotic critics have to say. I hate movie critics. How come they ever criticize a Hangover sequel? I know the jokes a re a little bit just the same as the first, but I think they changed it to a brand new look and if you haven't seen The Hangover Part II, Go rent it or buy it or save it in your wishlist! This is the best Hangover movie since the first and can't wait for the sequel in 2013. Expand
  43. Mar 21, 2012
    Fun to watch, however, what made the original Hangover so good was the surprise element throughout and the wackiness of Galifianakis. Neither of these elements are fresh in this sequel and as a result the makers felt they needed to push the bar to new extremes, but perhaps pushed it a couple of clicks more than I would have liked them to.
  44. Mar 14, 2012
    hangover part 1 was really funny, this one made me fall asleep. it was exactly the same as the first, but with less funny jokes. apparently they are making a hangover 3, thats gonna fail.
  45. Mar 11, 2012
    Just like the first one. Only thing they changed was it's in Thailand, it's a monkey instead of a baby, and it has 2 in the title. It has the same lame jokes and just about everything in this movie is predictable.
  46. Feb 11, 2012
    "Do you like money? Of course you do! You like to have money, and you also like to spend money. But, a certain old cliche says that you can't have both, so you're going to have to be earning enough money to at least keep you in profit and out of debt. Now making money is a pain; all that hard work you have to put in! What if there were an easier way? Well, let's just say that,"Do you like money? Of course you do! You like to have money, and you also like to spend money. But, a certain old cliche says that you can't have both, so you're going to have to be earning enough money to at least keep you in profit and out of debt. Now making money is a pain; all that hard work you have to put in! What if there were an easier way? Well, let's just say that, hypothetically, you had the opportunity to make a large profit by exerting minimal effort. Then your dilemma would be solved, would it not? So, if the easiest way to earn money is to just rehash your own original idea and market it as something new, why wouldn't you? That way, everyone has money, and everyone is happy!" - Todd Phillips on the making of The Hangover Part II Expand
  47. Jan 31, 2012
    I liked it but no where near as much as I did the first film but thats expected when its a comedy sequel, It rarely amounts to the first film. Its just as funny as the first film but its a lot of the same old same old imo. A lot more action too but Id rather have less of it, It doesnt seem to work well in the film for some reason. Its still funny though and if you liked the first film thenI liked it but no where near as much as I did the first film but thats expected when its a comedy sequel, It rarely amounts to the first film. Its just as funny as the first film but its a lot of the same old same old imo. A lot more action too but Id rather have less of it, It doesnt seem to work well in the film for some reason. Its still funny though and if you liked the first film then you will like this film. Just dont go in with high expectations. Expand
  48. Jan 19, 2012
    This has to be a two-pronged critique to work. If you have seen the first one, then this one will feel like a fun rehash of it. The problem is that some of those excellent quips and one-liners that made the first one magical just don't seem to be there. If you haven't seen the first one, this is a riotous and ridiculous journey about a group of ragtag friends who are (yet again) tryingThis has to be a two-pronged critique to work. If you have seen the first one, then this one will feel like a fun rehash of it. The problem is that some of those excellent quips and one-liners that made the first one magical just don't seem to be there. If you haven't seen the first one, this is a riotous and ridiculous journey about a group of ragtag friends who are (yet again) trying to survive another pre-wedding night out, only to find out that it has spun (hilariously) out of control. Great jokes, funny action sequences, and more awkward moments than the last time you had to hang out with an ex you didn't want to be around. Expand
  49. BKM
    Jan 14, 2012
    Easily one of the worst sequels ever made. The Hangover Part II merely rehashes the entire plot of the first film but with far fewer laughs and surprises. Shame on Paul Giamatti for having anything to do with this stinker.
  50. Jan 7, 2012
    Another enjoyable film by Todd Phillips. Unusual shenanigans in Bangkok with the "wolfpack" make for a hilarious comedy. It's the Hangover Pt. 1, just in a different place with dirtier jokes, but still worth watching.
  51. Jan 4, 2012
    A second part of a movie is expected to be more spectacular than the first. In this case, "The Hangover Part 2" is more or less the same as the first. This movie alone is very funny, adventurous and has an interesting plot. Compared to the original, it is very predictable, so there aren't as many surprises, but it definitely wins over many other films out. In my opinion it is a great filmA second part of a movie is expected to be more spectacular than the first. In this case, "The Hangover Part 2" is more or less the same as the first. This movie alone is very funny, adventurous and has an interesting plot. Compared to the original, it is very predictable, so there aren't as many surprises, but it definitely wins over many other films out. In my opinion it is a great film and a laughable experience. Expand
  52. Dec 28, 2011
    This movie is deplorable. Do not believe anyone who says "The problem with this movie is that it is the same as the first one." If that were the only thing wrong with it, I could forgive them for that. While the plots are very similar, the first movie was actually funny and displayed some elements of effective storytelling and character development. Part II has a handful of chuckles butThis movie is deplorable. Do not believe anyone who says "The problem with this movie is that it is the same as the first one." If that were the only thing wrong with it, I could forgive them for that. While the plots are very similar, the first movie was actually funny and displayed some elements of effective storytelling and character development. Part II has a handful of chuckles but nothing that will make you laugh. Also, this movie is Swiss cheese when it comes to plot holes. Any given movie can have a few logical transgressions and depict some unlikely events (like a chance encounter) but this film leaves too many events unexplained. One or two improbable events in a movie is okay because unlikely events do happen, but a movie quickly becomes unconvincing when you go beyond this. The Hangover Part II is a prime example of this. While the plot is terrible and it is not funny, the main reason this movie suffers is because the characters are so poorly developed. I can only describe them as "flat" even though the plot provided plenty of support for this. Despite its comedic nature, this movie does contain some very dark subject matters. The internal turmoil this should have elicited from these characters was glossed over with mere facial expressions and contortions of discomfort. Worse yet, the seriousness of these dark elements hindered the comedic slant they were aiming for. Although the first movie was not exceptional, I did derive much enjoyment from it. This movie is not funny enough to be considered a comedy, it is not outlandish enough to qualify as a farce, and the lackluster plot and characters prevent if from developing any dramatic or thematic elements. It is easily one of the worst movies I have seen. I am not normally compelled to write reviews for movies I hate or enjoy but this one is so bad I just had to vent my distaste. I am especially shocked to see that it scored a 44 from the professional critics making me think they need to go back to film school! Expand
  53. Dec 28, 2011
    It's a good film, but sometimes the jokes seem a bit overdone. Even if the film follows the same concept, I really had to laugh often in this movie. Why should you change something which worked perfectly in the past? Also they at least tried to make the film a bit more unexpected.
    It's a good movie, but don't watch it if you hate the fact that the concept was taken from the first Hangover.
  54. Dec 26, 2011
    Missing the originality and fun of the first film, with many jokes seemingly rehashed without any success. Few, if any genuinely funny moments, many unrealistic moments that stretch too far away from the charming unrealistic nature of Part 1, and just a dull, poorly replicated experience overall. Do yourself a favor, and just watch the first one again...
  55. Dec 21, 2011
    There were several funny moments throughout the film, but overall, it was bland and quite dull. We've seen it all before on the first film, there's nothing original here. I tried to like it, but it just felt way too much like a re-imagining of the first, set in a different location. Funny, but not witty or clever.
  56. Dec 17, 2011
    I really enjoyed the original. This movie is a literal copy and paste job. That wouldn't be so bad if it was funny, but it isn't. The overall concept and the escalation is no longer funny, there's nothing new (car chase, getting involved with criminals, bodily deformation, random animal and mini sidekick... it really is a shamefully unoriginal sellout), and the dialogue isn't funny... II really enjoyed the original. This movie is a literal copy and paste job. That wouldn't be so bad if it was funny, but it isn't. The overall concept and the escalation is no longer funny, there's nothing new (car chase, getting involved with criminals, bodily deformation, random animal and mini sidekick... it really is a shamefully unoriginal sellout), and the dialogue isn't funny... I think I laughed twice during this film. Avoid, even, or in fact especially, if you liked the original. Expand
  57. Dec 16, 2011
    The only scene I found truly funny in this movie was the scene where they went to visit Zach Galifianakis's character, Alan, at his home, and we get to see what a rich, spoiled brat he truly is. There are other funny moments with Alan dappled through the movie, but that is because the actor is funny, not because the movie is funny. Beyond those select moments, the movie is not worthThe only scene I found truly funny in this movie was the scene where they went to visit Zach Galifianakis's character, Alan, at his home, and we get to see what a rich, spoiled brat he truly is. There are other funny moments with Alan dappled through the movie, but that is because the actor is funny, not because the movie is funny. Beyond those select moments, the movie is not worth seeing. It is just not funny. Expand
  58. Dec 13, 2011
    It's one thing to use a similar formula and storyline. In a sequel, it's actually almost a requirement to do so. But that does not mean a movie should give us the same jokes. "The Hangover Part II" is so similar to its predecessor in every way that there is hardly a surprising moment in this entire film. The art of surprise is entirely what makes something funny in the first place. ButIt's one thing to use a similar formula and storyline. In a sequel, it's actually almost a requirement to do so. But that does not mean a movie should give us the same jokes. "The Hangover Part II" is so similar to its predecessor in every way that there is hardly a surprising moment in this entire film. The art of surprise is entirely what makes something funny in the first place. But since you can see mostly everything coming before it happens, the laughs end up being few and far between. Also some of the characters that were awesome in the original are just annoying here. Chow (Ken Jeong) continuously uses his obnoxious laugh, Stu spends the entire movie screaming, and Alan is just randomly stupid. The only character you can get behind is Phil. To make matter worse, the ending is truly painful and it reinforces that sense of deja vu you experience throughout the entire film. I understand that "Hangover" fans have to see this (I heard bad things before this and I still went), but after you see this sorry excuse for a comedy, head on over to "Bridesmaids" to get some real laughs. Expand
  59. Dec 13, 2011
    I turned this movie on for 30 minutes. it didn't make me laugh once, and thus I turned it off. oh great, Ed Helms wakes up with more stuff done to his face - Zach Galafawhatshisface clearly is here for just the paycheck, and oh! look! more "funny" shenanigans featuring animals. not funny. such a disappointment. the first one is and should have been enough.
  60. Dec 9, 2011
    The movie is called "The Hangover"...I know what I'm getting when I watch it. No one goes to see Transformers expecting to be moved emotionally and reflect on life decisions. So why are you expecting a situational comedy movie to be anything more than that. YES they used a lot of the same gags that they did in the first one, but I laughed, and that's all that I ask of them, is to make me laugh.
  61. j30
    Dec 7, 2011
    The most depressing movie of the year. Not only are the laughs few and far between, you actually feel sorry for all the characters and not in a comical way.
  62. Dec 3, 2011
    Not at all a good as the first one. I generally like when they do not mess too much with a formula that was working but this installement somehow felt quite uninspired. Actually there was not that many places where I lauched. Most of the time I was just feeling annoyed that the bloody bearded idiot actually did the same thing again.
  63. Nov 29, 2011
    Far too similar to the previous film and it isnt as interesting either. However once it gets started, Its far more enjoyable and features quite a few side spliting moments.
  64. Nov 26, 2011
    It was ok, Too similar to the first and lacks originality however the original parts in it are hilarious and just as good or better. Still a solid comedy none the less.
  65. Nov 23, 2011
    Hangover Part II is like an Asian version of part I ! Every plot is the same . part one was good but not near awesome and this one far far away from being awesome . some jokes were funny but others were disgusting . is it so hard to write a different story . also this story sucks more . the one and the only positive thing that kept me till the end was Cooper ,Ed & zach's amazing actingHangover Part II is like an Asian version of part I ! Every plot is the same . part one was good but not near awesome and this one far far away from being awesome . some jokes were funny but others were disgusting . is it so hard to write a different story . also this story sucks more . the one and the only positive thing that kept me till the end was Cooper ,Ed & zach's amazing acting .they just nailed it..i give five out of my 6 point to them .
    Todd said he will make another sequel ......and if the plot is the same i don't think i am gonna wast my time .
  66. Nov 15, 2011
    Unfortunately, part II doesn't bring as much laughter as it did the first but it was still enjoyable. Justin Bartha's character didn't miss much as he was the smart one to leave early back to Thailand. The hype of the movie spoiled the true fun as this would've been a great ride if it were to replace the first Hangover.
  67. DND
    Oct 29, 2011
    It is still the same Hangover with its nice jokes and pretty unpredictable plot but the first part was totally better, that's all. This time Zach Galifianakis makes everything to save the sequel. There's a whole of boredom, you're searching it and you can find it, well, yes, there is some..
  68. Sep 27, 2011
    The movie is 90% "Hangover" and 10% Ken Jeong. "The Hangover Part 2" is a decent comedy that will rattle you up for several minutes, but **** plz! The movie is what you already saw in 2009.
  69. Sep 8, 2011
    Having seen the reviews beforehand, I was expecting the EXACT same movie in a different setting. But, actually, it's not all that bad. Sure, the template is virtually the same, but that's often what a sequel is. However, there are some darker and still unique differences. The simple criticism is, it's just not that funny.
  70. Aug 23, 2011
    Il fallait s'y attendre, Very Bad Trip 2 est un véritable copié/collé du premier...en moins fendard. Malgré un début prometteur, le film arrive à nous sortir des gags un peu lourds ou qui tombent à plat. Mais franchement, cela suffit largement pour déclencher les fous rires attendus avecIl fallait s'y attendre, Very Bad Trip 2 est un véritable copié/collé du premier...en moins fendard. Malgré un début prometteur, le film arrive à nous sortir des gags un peu lourds ou qui tombent à plat. Mais franchement, cela suffit largement pour déclencher les fous rires attendus avec des moments comiques d'anthologie.On se fend la gueule avec ces personnages toujours bien interprétés et c'est déjà ça! Expand
  71. Aug 12, 2011
    If you have seen the first Hangover then don't bother watching this one. It is basically the same thing but in Thailand and with darker humor, I'm not exaggerating, everything happens like it did in the first one. Don't get me wrong though there are some funny parts but all in all it's the same as the first one.
  72. Aug 9, 2011
    Despite having the exact same formula as the first one, it's unoriginality is saved by the pretty consistent comedy. It is head and shoulders below the first though.
  73. Aug 7, 2011
    Not sure if I saw the same movie as you guys, but I thought it was really funny. Ok, sometimes it's a little predictable but still really funny. The hangover II was not as good as the first one but I had some good laughs in the movie theatre, like everyone else watching the movie. It was surely raunchier, dirtier and more crazy than the first one, but that doesn't mean it wasn't funny. INot sure if I saw the same movie as you guys, but I thought it was really funny. Ok, sometimes it's a little predictable but still really funny. The hangover II was not as good as the first one but I had some good laughs in the movie theatre, like everyone else watching the movie. It was surely raunchier, dirtier and more crazy than the first one, but that doesn't mean it wasn't funny. I had a good laugh and that's what I paid for. Expand
  74. Aug 6, 2011
    Moderately funny and a complete Mad Lib rewrite of the first movie. It was unnecessary and certainly not worth the money to see in theaters. Wait for free cable.
  75. Aug 4, 2011
    This movie is really hard to review, because, as a stand alone movie, it's brilliant, but as a sequel to the first hangover, it is a complete copy of the first movie with a few different jokes and a new setting. It isn't just similar, it is almost completely identical to the first movie, especially the beginning, where the format is exactly the same. I can't say I didn't enjoy watching theThis movie is really hard to review, because, as a stand alone movie, it's brilliant, but as a sequel to the first hangover, it is a complete copy of the first movie with a few different jokes and a new setting. It isn't just similar, it is almost completely identical to the first movie, especially the beginning, where the format is exactly the same. I can't say I didn't enjoy watching the movie, because I did, but if the writers of the the hangover are considering making a third installment, they really need some new ideas. Expand
  76. Jul 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is the same thing just in a different location, sometimes that can be good but this movie is not as funny as the first, that had charm and actually good jokes, this has as much charm as a bangkok ladyboy and only a few good jokes, good if you go with your friends that are all guys as there is a point were we find out that Stu has had sex with ladyboy and its just a weird and awkward moment that you don't want to experience on a first date. Expand
  77. dz9
    Jul 27, 2011
    I'm sure everyone can agree that The Hangover was amazing, it's too bad that they remade it just a few years later. If you have seen the first one, you have seen the second one. While I was watching the movie, I tried to keep an open mind, and tried not to judge it based on the first one... but it's hard to do that when it is the same movie in a different town. I can't stress thisI'm sure everyone can agree that The Hangover was amazing, it's too bad that they remade it just a few years later. If you have seen the first one, you have seen the second one. While I was watching the movie, I tried to keep an open mind, and tried not to judge it based on the first one... but it's hard to do that when it is the same movie in a different town. I can't stress this enough, this movie goes beyond having just the same structure, it is literally, THE SAME MOVIE just in a different town. The movie is darker, less funny, and more ridiculous that the first, and I mean ridiculous in a bad way. Remember the lovable odd ball Alen? Well now... he's criminally insane and should be put in a straight jacket. There were times in the movie where I just could not buy into his stupidity because there was no way this man is not in a straight jacket... and don't get me wrong, I loved his character in the first one, but a character like that rides on the line of lovable and ridiculous, and in this remake, his character goes way beyond that line. In this title, Bradley Cooper is yet again the "voice of reason" in an insane wolfpack, but his character is so neutral, he becomes irrelevant. And Ed Helms character is exactly the same except his dialogue is given a touch of corny and cheesy. It would have been nice for the writers to incorporate Doug into the story, but in a remake, that would break the rules right?? Not comparing this title at all to its predecessor, it still is flat, I only laughed out loud once and chuckled maybe twice. The raunchy no-holds-bar feeling of the first is absent and in its place is gritty crime which seems "out of place." The Good: the cast (although overblown), have good chemistry. The Bad: No originality, barely laughable, and simply unbelievable. The main problem of the movie is that it is too unbelievable that the same scenario could happen to the same people twice. Expand
  78. Jul 26, 2011
    It seems like Horrible Bosses has taken over to look something forward to as a sequel. This movie lost its luster on this part II. Hangover 1 was just amazing. There was a lot of stupid sexuality that just wasn't funny. Using the monkey for jokes just does not work unless your audience is younger (which it clearly can't be with all the other sexual stuff in this movie).
  79. Jul 26, 2011
    Same same but different......the action relocates to Thailand while following much the same premise as the first installment. Unfortunately the move strains the plausibility of the story line, the Vegas episode was believable this is rather insincere. I liked the characters in the first movie as they unfolded, here due to familiarity they now are simply boorish and not nearly asSame same but different......the action relocates to Thailand while following much the same premise as the first installment. Unfortunately the move strains the plausibility of the story line, the Vegas episode was believable this is rather insincere. I liked the characters in the first movie as they unfolded, here due to familiarity they now are simply boorish and not nearly as likeable. The only saving grace is that this only points up how good the first film was. Expand
  80. Jul 23, 2011
    The Hangover: Part 2 is an incredible film. It is a really funny film with more crazier things done in this then in the last one. The Story was a good one. My only problem with the film is some of the things in the story you can say they took it from the first one. Even though the critics are saying this is terrible to be honest i dont care what they say because i enjoyed this film alot.The Hangover: Part 2 is an incredible film. It is a really funny film with more crazier things done in this then in the last one. The Story was a good one. My only problem with the film is some of the things in the story you can say they took it from the first one. Even though the critics are saying this is terrible to be honest i dont care what they say because i enjoyed this film alot. This is probably the funniest film ive seen in a while. I would give this film a low full price Expand
  81. Jul 23, 2011
    Control + c. Control + v. There was no creativity in this movie, but it still manages to get a few deserving laughs. The full frontal (Yes, there are multiple of men and women) were disturbing and unneeded. Definitely, the metascore does a good job of representing this movie.
  82. Jul 18, 2011
    Very disappointing in comparison to the original. I squirmed in my seat as it dragged on and on. Hopefully this means there will be no Hangover 3. Save your money!
  83. Jul 15, 2011
    Similar structure as the first movie (which is totally okay by me). Some very dirty, yet funny parts. The pace of the movie seemed to go faster than the first Hangover movie. All the humor revolves around Alan, which is to be expected. Something any movie goer should see (and when I say 'any,' I mean from the age group of 18 - 35). Leave the kids and elderly at home folks.
  84. Jul 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Did Alan do a very bad thing? Something even worse than burying a dead prostitute in the desert? In the 1997 Peter Berg film, it's "Heaven or Las Vegas" indeed, when a bachelor party goes horribly awry with one irrevocable maneuver by a coked-up reveler that leads to a sexually-engaged woman being impaled against the lavatory wall. Zonked out on blow, Michael unknowingly practices necrophilia for a couple of seconds before realizing that they're finished, but it's the wrong fluid coming out of the wrong body, an unhappy ending to a hotel room bacchanal which leaves him flaccid and panic-stricken. Not surprisingly, things go from bad to worse, once it's agreed upon by this assemblage of damned men to cover up the crime, because soon enough, their foolhardy conspiracy snowballs with lightning speed when a hotel security guard discovers the lifeless stripper on the bathroom floor, forcing Robert to commit premeditated murder. The tragi-comedy of errors lead the Kafkaesque suburbanites to a plot of arid land just outside the "Sin City" limits, where like mafiosos, they hollow out a trench for the bodies, their respective anatomies all intermixed, much to the disgruntlement of Adam, who believes that the commingled dead is an affront to his faith. The film itself, however, doesn't share the Judaic worshipper's earnestness. The corrected sacrilege is replaced with a sacrilege of its own, since the whole scene plays out with a tone of disaffected irreverence toward the dead that recalls both "Pulp Fiction" and "Kill Bill: Vol. 1". The black security guard corresponds to the black captive whom Vincent accidentally shoots(prompting the infamous "dead n***** storage" line), and the Asian hooker corresponds to Gogo Yubari, whose eyes leak blood after "The Bride" hits her on the side of the head with some exposed nails from a wood board. "Very Bad Things" shares with Tarantino his predilection for brutal comedic situations. The desert scene is supposed to be "funny" because the two victims' disparate skin colors makes the sorting of body parts easier for the conspirators. But unlike Tarantino, the filmmaker can't get away with murder, so what becomes foregrounded is the queasy fact that white people are dispassionately killing minorities. In "The Hangover", the moviegoer first meets Mr. Chow literally springing into action from the opening of a car trunk. Because the gangster is on the offensive, thoroughly beating his kidnappers into submission, while nude, mind you, what goes unnoticed by the moviegoer is the possibility that Alan(who in "The Hangover Part II", purposely drugs Teddy) tried to suffocate Chow after fleecing him of his eighty grand. And then there's "black Doug", the wrong Doug at the ransom drop-off, an innocent man whom Phil would willingly return into Chow's custody for the money. Black Doug could die. These seemingly nice guys, on closer inspection, are no better than Robert and his minions. The perception that "The Hangover" resembles "Very Bad Things" only on a superficial level is inaccurate. The broad humor obscures their diabolical natures. "I don't care if we kill somebody," goes one of Alan's patented non-sequiturs from a rooftop where this "f****** psycho(called so after Phil learns about the marshmallows, meant solely for Teddy, in "Part II") spikes the Jagermeister with rohypnol. If Phil only knew the whole story. Bold for a popular comedy, Alan seems to be a registered sex offender. Back home, Alan tells his future brother-in-law that he shouldn't "be within two-hundred feet of a school, or a Chuck E. Cheese." Since no follow-up question is forthcoming from Doug, he must be privy to his future brother-in-law's checkered past, and keeps it a secret from Phil and Stu, and more importantly, the audience, who would be repulsed by a well-delineated account. With Doug missing, Alan simulates masturbation on a baby. To Phil, it's just a harmless sight gag. Phil doesn't know that he's witnessing a relapse. Unfortunately, nobody thinks twice about "Carlos" being strapped to Alan's chest. At the police station, following their arrest for stealing a cop car, exactly what are the cops staring at which would prompt them to stage a stun gun presentation for children? Alan's rap sheet, perhaps? Quite pointedly, a child tasers Alan in the face. Thailand, of all places, a pedophile's wet dream, is the setting for "The Hangover Part II". Interestingly, there's a fantasy sequence where Alan and his friends are boys again, riding around Bangkok in a car. Could this be a veiled reference to "Little Children"? Whereas Ronnie is put through the ringer by his neighbors before he earns redemption, Alan's crimes are implicitly pardoned from the get-go, on account of his pronounced naivety. At Caesar's Palace, Alan asks the female concierge if the famed Roman general once lived here. Does he admire Julius Caesar? A child sex proponent? Expand
  85. Jul 6, 2011
    Same guys , Same situation , New city ... The wolf pack is back for the same old wild goose chase around town searching for yet another missing compadre .. Just imagine a more dirtier and funnier Hangover Part 1.. and also, throw in a drug dealing monkey into that chaos and u'll get the picture. Stu and Phil's characters were kinda overused ... Nevertheless Chow and Alan (who was moreSame guys , Same situation , New city ... The wolf pack is back for the same old wild goose chase around town searching for yet another missing compadre .. Just imagine a more dirtier and funnier Hangover Part 1.. and also, throw in a drug dealing monkey into that chaos and u'll get the picture. Stu and Phil's characters were kinda overused ... Nevertheless Chow and Alan (who was more stupid than usual) kept the comedy running .... but the magic we saw in Las Vegas is defnitely gone ... Expand
  86. Jul 6, 2011
    The second time around Hangover Part II brings nothing innovative to the table. The comedy and the gags are remarkable but the plot is completely recycled from the first movie and that makes it a bit off putting which makes this review a mixed one... I love the humor and the shocks and thrills but at the end of the day, I could have saved myself the 13 dollars and simply re-watched theThe second time around Hangover Part II brings nothing innovative to the table. The comedy and the gags are remarkable but the plot is completely recycled from the first movie and that makes it a bit off putting which makes this review a mixed one... I love the humor and the shocks and thrills but at the end of the day, I could have saved myself the 13 dollars and simply re-watched the first one from the comfort of my own home. Decent acting and directing, but nothing to get overly excited about. Expand
  87. Jul 5, 2011
    Bland and unmemorable, this movie simply rehashes the first in form and content. I can recall laughing, but I can't recall at what. A blackout of a movie, it's as if its entertainment value has been been omitted from my life.
  88. Jul 3, 2011
    Sure it had some laughs, but it's basically the first Hangover. Only this time it's in Thailand. I was dissappointed after seeing it, and even more so when my friends talked about how much they liked it. If you've seen the first one, you're not going to get any more.
  89. Jun 29, 2011
    This movie had it's funny moments, but all in all, this movie's main flaw was it's unoriginality. It was basically exactly like the first movie, just in a different city.
  90. Jun 26, 2011
    It's clear this film was made simply to make a large heap of cash. If you enjoyed the first film, you shouldn't enjoy this one. Even the always great Zach Galifianakis can't save this mess.
  91. Jun 24, 2011
    I don't really understand what people's expectations were for this movie, but after reading reviews on here and THEN seeing the film, I thought it was hilarious ! Ton's of over the top dark humor, man/lady private parts, and a monkey ! Although the plot was more or less the same as the first, it still found ways to surprise you. Not a movie for everyone, but if you enjoyed the first movieI don't really understand what people's expectations were for this movie, but after reading reviews on here and THEN seeing the film, I thought it was hilarious ! Ton's of over the top dark humor, man/lady private parts, and a monkey ! Although the plot was more or less the same as the first, it still found ways to surprise you. Not a movie for everyone, but if you enjoyed the first movie and aren't sitting there trying to find the flaws you should find yourself satisfied and laughing throughout the most part. Expand
  92. Jun 24, 2011
    It is clear that the concept would be the same, is what makes the movie a bit predictable, and sometimes no fun. Despite this, the jokes were not repeated (well for that). 6
  93. Jun 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's 'The Hangover' just set in a different place. But then 'The Hangover' was great so why wouldn't this one be? Just as funny as the first even if it was basically the same. It's not a concept which has been done to death yet so it doesn't deserve to be panned for being the same as the first. Lack of involvement of Doug was a disappointment. I thought he may have joined in for some shenanigans. A third might be taking it a step too far but I reckon this one was alright. Expand
  94. Jun 21, 2011
    I gave the original a 9, but this one just falls short. They basically remade the first one and though I laughed pretty hard a couple times, most of the time I was bored.
  95. Jun 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know I'm in the minority here. But I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was a good as the original but that's no surprise. But I did not think it was awful. It's way more unbelievable than the original. Let's face it, if any of that stuff happened in real life while in Bangkok you would be freaked beyond functioning. And understandably so. And a few reactions to events were truly unbelievable. But when it was funny, it was very funny. I laughed a lot. I really enjoyed Bradley Cooper. Especially his freaking out about the bachelor party. Great moment. And some really great one-liners throughout. Some very funny sight gags with touching things. Some gross stuff. And Coopers reaction to the tattoo was priceless.

What I could have done without...It being Zach's fault again. The espionage angle. And as much as I like Chang or whatever his name is, I felt bringing him back was contrived. And I don't think I know anybody who would shrug off losing a finger. At least not without some morphine. I truly believe this movie will be enjoyed with repeat viewings.
  96. Jun 20, 2011
    This my review for the movie. I thought that I would be too long so gave you a link instead. Hope you enjoy!
  97. Jun 19, 2011
    I know that probably every person on the world knows by now that The Hangover: Part 2 is a duplicate of the first film and it is true. From the first scene it feels like you are watching the same movie just set in a different location. It does have humorous moments but I think it got a little more disturbing than the first. It was a funny movie but i would stick to the first
  98. Jun 18, 2011
    predictable, not as funny as the last,a cheesy factor was added(not funny), monkeys arent funny anymore either, + bad acting worst movie ive seen this year
  99. Jun 17, 2011
    "The Hangover part: II" is what i thought it was going to be, a great movie. The main cast in the movie were awsome. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Ken Jeong have this chemistry that is insane. hangover 3 cant wait. i know people like my sister who were a little disappointed with the movie but i wasn't. i think the people that have given this movie a mixed or negative"The Hangover part: II" is what i thought it was going to be, a great movie. The main cast in the movie were awsome. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Ken Jeong have this chemistry that is insane. hangover 3 cant wait. i know people like my sister who were a little disappointed with the movie but i wasn't. i think the people that have given this movie a mixed or negative review went into this movie thinking it was going to be better then the original. That was their mistake u cant go into sequels thinking that or your going to be disappointed. Bottom line "The Hangover Part II" is the best comedy of the year so far and probably the best since original. Expand
  100. Jun 16, 2011
    So a sequel to a great movie. This can't be good. Yes indeed. This movie was horrible. I couldn't enjoy watching it at all. I paid 10 bucks to watch the same movie, with a new setting. Don't get me wrong the movie had some funny parts, but it wasn't nearly as amazing as the first one. The biggest problem with the sequel, is it's structured the same as the first. Which is very annoying toSo a sequel to a great movie. This can't be good. Yes indeed. This movie was horrible. I couldn't enjoy watching it at all. I paid 10 bucks to watch the same movie, with a new setting. Don't get me wrong the movie had some funny parts, but it wasn't nearly as amazing as the first one. The biggest problem with the sequel, is it's structured the same as the first. Which is very annoying to watch. You feel just scammed. it's so not worth paying 10 bucks to see the same movie with a different setting, a new person getting married, with less funny jokes. Todd Phillips messed up. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Jun 1, 2011
    It's not that Part II is bad, exactly. If "The Hangover" had never existed, this movie might feel funnier than it does, if not quite as freshly hilarious.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 30, 2011
    The Hangover Part II isn't a dud, exactly - some of it is very funny, and there are a few memorable jolts and outlandish dirty moments. But it feels, at times, like a routine adventure film set overseas.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    May 30, 2011
    If The Hangover was a boorish blackout fantasy for our binge-drinking age, The Hangover Part II is something like the contents of a fraternity house's toilet the morning after an insane kegger-namely, regurgitated elements of a more entertaining prior adventure.