5.4

1. May 30, 2013
    Zach Galifianakis is the focus of this final installment in the decreasingly funny series. His over-the-top behavior has the other Wolfpack members taking him off to rehab…until John Goodman appears and sends them on a quest to find Mr. Chow. Instead of the "how did we get here?" scenario that fueled the first two, this one comes off as a mediocre heist. While there are amusing momentsZach Galifianakis is the focus of this final installment in the decreasingly funny series. His over-the-top behavior has the other Wolfpack members taking him off to rehab…until John Goodman appears and sends them on a quest to find Mr. Chow. Instead of the "how did we get here?" scenario that fueled the first two, this one comes off as a mediocre heist. While there are amusing moments (thx mostly to Zach), the whole enterprise lacks the outrageous originality of the others. Expand
  2. Jun 7, 2013
    Comedy approach to Ocean's Eleven, so horrible they used well-written characters to themselves up so bad as if you're watching a new Family Guy episode. However, there is value in watching Alan grow and become a man.
  3. May 24, 2013
    The wolfpack still doesn't have the same feel as the first Hangover, but its main goal was to show it could revive itself from Hangover Part II and it totally did. Sure it might not have been very funny, but it added a weird psycho dark twist to the series. The critics are haters, Part III was bad but not that bad.
  4. Jun 6, 2014
    so the Hangover trilogy closes with "The Hangover Part III". i loved the first "Hangover" movie, it was hilarious! "Part II" was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first movie and it was just a rehash of the first one. so now, in 2013 they gave us "The Hangover Part III" where Alan's the main character this time. and Phil, Stu and Doug are taking him to get some help cause he's turningso the Hangover trilogy closes with "The Hangover Part III". i loved the first "Hangover" movie, it was hilarious! "Part II" was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first movie and it was just a rehash of the first one. so now, in 2013 they gave us "The Hangover Part III" where Alan's the main character this time. and Phil, Stu and Doug are taking him to get some help cause he's turning into an **** now, then they run into a gangster played by John Goodman who takes Doug and he's like "Find me Chow or Doug's dead!" and that's premise of "The Hangover Part III". what i liked about this movie, it's that they had the balls to take a different direction with this one, instead of rehashing it (like the second movie did). but, you'd think they'd put in better jokes to make it funnier, right? unfortunately, it's not really funny this time. it just feels like a dark heist movie of just them trying to find Chow. sure, it does have jokes and i did chuckle a few times in the movie, but the problem is that the jokes in this one fall completely flat and it's not really funny anymore. also, Alan used to be the lovable idiot in the first 2 movies, but in this one, he's a complete **** i get that they were trying to have a subplot of Alan growing as a person, but when you change his character for a different subplot in the movie, that doesn't fit and now Alan's an unlikable douche bag. and Chow used to be my favorite character in the first 2 movies. he was a hilarious Asian baddie that always had me dying in laughter (especially in the first movie). but the problem is that here he's an idiot like Alan and he's not really that funny anymore. and they kept hammering in the fact that Chow's outta his mind. okay, we get it! Chow's crazy, we get it! please, stop shoving that down our throats! as a whole, "The Hangover Part III" was a let down cause i was actually expecting a improvement over "Part II". but apparently, it's not. and i gotta say, i laughed more in the second movie than i did here. Expand
  5. May 30, 2013
    DO NOT leave The Hangover Part III when the credits start to roll. You’ll miss one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. I work at a movie theater, and after every single showing of the movie I watch as impatient audience members rush for the exits only to miss the movie’s ridiculous stinger scene. Hold your pee for two more minutes (You don’t even have to wait until the creditsDO NOT leave The Hangover Part III when the credits start to roll. You’ll miss one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. I work at a movie theater, and after every single showing of the movie I watch as impatient audience members rush for the exits only to miss the movie’s ridiculous stinger scene. Hold your pee for two more minutes (You don’t even have to wait until the credits are completely over, as the scene comes in after only about 30 seconds of credits).

Unfortunately, for those who do make haste for the exit doors (and I can’t say I blame you for doing so) The Hangover Part III will be remembered for being…well…forgettable. It’s not a bad movie. It just isn’t a very funny one.

Read More http://www.recomedia.net/filmtv/the-hangover-part-iii-review/
  6. Jun 4, 2013
    If you are looking for a movie which just makes you laugh & has no storyline then this is the perfect movie for you. However when you consider the 1st and even the 2nd Hangover movies in comparison to this movie then it is awful.

It has tried too much to relate to the first movie which if it was done correctly would work very well. However it has not been done correctly. I would recommend watching this film, but more than once would be pointless.
  7. Jun 16, 2013
    Not a terrible movie, but it is a comedy that's not funny. I liked the main characters and the story played more like an action heist movie then a comedy. My main problems with the film are it is a Hangover movie and no one is Hungover and Chow gets annoying, he needs to be used in smaller doses.
  8. May 24, 2013
    There are a few laughs in the film, and it's great to see these actors together again, but the entire affair is just flat and lacks forward momentum. The first Hangover is a modern comedy great, along with Wedding Crashers, Bridesmaids and Old School. It's very tough to make comedy sequels that work, though. Even the credits sequence wasn't all that funny but stay for it and see for yourself!
  9. May 24, 2013
    Let me start off by saying this. The first one was hilarious. The second one is lame and unoriginal. This one was not as good as I thought it would be. I honestly expected this one to be better. But sadly it's just bland. It's not even a "Hangover movie." It's a rescue movie done with a dentist a school teacher and a complete idiot that we all know and love. The characters are the same,Let me start off by saying this. The first one was hilarious. The second one is lame and unoriginal. This one was not as good as I thought it would be. I honestly expected this one to be better. But sadly it's just bland. It's not even a "Hangover movie." It's a rescue movie done with a dentist a school teacher and a complete idiot that we all know and love. The characters are the same, except for Alan. He literally becomes a complete butt-hole in this movie. He's not a retard with idiotic charm, he's a straight up butt-hole. I mean he was funny, but his new perception just made not like him the way he usually is. It is weird how no one in this movie gets hung-over. I mean seriously. It's a Hangover movie for God's sake. But the one thing I absolutely loved most in this movie is the giraffe scene. Oh my God, I laughed so hard at that scene. If your going to go see it, just watch the giraffe scene. But overall, there were definitely laughs for sure, but it's really not the same old stuff that you'd want to see. Expand
  10. Jun 2, 2013
    The first 40 minutes are terrible and only gets slightly better by actually becoming an action film. It carries a darker more serious tone that doesn't have the pay off as the first film but succeeds in being better than the second, if you call that an accomplishment.
  11. May 26, 2013
    Overall, the movie was quite a bit amateur and childish, but it's still funny and quite a fun movie experience. The plot was a bit weird and there was too much unfunny Chao, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong though, this movie is still worth your time.
  12. May 23, 2013
    I don't give a damn what the critics are saying, but a Hangover movie is a Hangover movie. The reason why I should see it this week is because a). a pet giraffe squashed on the freeway. b). I don't know about Zach Galifianakis singing, but he sure can back it up. c). Ken Jeong is absolutely stupidly funny. and d). The series is coming to an end. Although Part III ain't gonna be the bestI don't give a damn what the critics are saying, but a Hangover movie is a Hangover movie. The reason why I should see it this week is because a). a pet giraffe squashed on the freeway. b). I don't know about Zach Galifianakis singing, but he sure can back it up. c). Ken Jeong is absolutely stupidly funny. and d). The series is coming to an end. Although Part III ain't gonna be the best Hangover since I and II, but I sure hope is gonna do well on Memorial Day at the box office against Fast & Furious 6. Forget the tasteless critics and go see it! This movie is gonna be stupidly awesome! Expand
  13. Jul 2, 2013
    It All Ends. And if Todd Phillips and co are to be believed this is the final instalment of the wolfpac. Many were disappointed with Part 2, so i'd probably be in the minority but I thoroughly enjoyed it so I was optimistic for the closing chapter. This time around however, they've changed the format. Now wedding. No hangover, well initially! The films opening sequence echoes Shawshank asIt All Ends. And if Todd Phillips and co are to be believed this is the final instalment of the wolfpac. Many were disappointed with Part 2, so i'd probably be in the minority but I thoroughly enjoyed it so I was optimistic for the closing chapter. This time around however, they've changed the format. Now wedding. No hangover, well initially! The films opening sequence echoes Shawshank as Mr Chow escapes prison but it switches to Alan, much like the attention of the film. After the sudden death of his father the Wolfpac is reunited by Doug who encourages "the 3 best friends" to stage an intervention in order to help Alan. However, as to the usual formula it doesn't quite go to plan. They are ambushed by a familiar character and a new villain of the piece Marshall (John Goodman) who demand the Wolfpac bring him Lesley Chow. Form their the madness unfolds and in typical Hangover fashion nothing ever goes to plan. Thankfully this film gives Zach Galifiniakis his turn in the limelight as he delivers his best performance as Alan to date and is undoubtedly the star of the show. You can't not love Alan Garner! Galifiniakis has made him such a loved and cherished character but in Part 3 we are shown knew depths for him. There's the stereotypicsl, ingenious Alan LOL moments that we have come to expect and love and in many ways he is the cornerstone for the films as he's reliable as always but this is Alan's story this time round. Bradley Cooper is back as mr. cool, Phil Wennick. As usual he's dependable but is not often involved to a certain extent which is a shame because his relationship with Alan has always been awesome! Ed Helms was at the forefront in Part 2 and still delivers the goods as Dr. Stu Price but is often underused in the finale! He was hilarious in the second outing but those moments are few and far between. Ken Jeong is back as Mr Chow and thus time in a much larger role. Chow has always been a hit! And proves to be again. He still provides those funny moments in abundance. There's also an appearance from Bridesmaids Melissa McCarthy as the future Mrs Alan Garner. To be honest, Alan truly saves this film. It's not an abomination but it's not same Hangover we have come to love. It's a much more risky outing this time as it takes it to more darker and dangerous territory. The change in approach will divide the Hangover fans but it works. To a certain extent. The LOL moments aren't as frequent as before and at times it can be dull but Alan is the heart and soul and the decision to put him at the centre of attention enables this film to succeed. It's not the ending anticipated but it's satisfying and very appropriate. Particularly if you stay beyond the end credits. Vintage hangover!! Expand
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    The acting is solid, There are bits of comedy through out but no where near as funny as the previous films (well you may get a chuckle but you won't burst out laughing). The plot is solid as well and ties in well with the previous films. The biggest disappointment by far is lack of Mike Tyson, They had a part in the film where they go into a house with a skinned Tiger rug on the couch, ItThe acting is solid, There are bits of comedy through out but no where near as funny as the previous films (well you may get a chuckle but you won't burst out laughing). The plot is solid as well and ties in well with the previous films. The biggest disappointment by far is lack of Mike Tyson, They had a part in the film where they go into a house with a skinned Tiger rug on the couch, It would have been perfectly for a Tyson plug in there but sadly he was a no show.

Overall, while The Hangover Part 3 doesn't do any one thing good, It does solid on all levels and it was a very fitting end to the series. Critics were far too harsh on this movie, It was far better then what they made it out to be.
  15. May 26, 2013
    Better than the second, but it doesn't live up to the original. But even with a similar formula, locations, and acting, the film still manages to be funny and somewhat unique. Points for Galifinakis' performance, which was as good as it's ever been, although Idid find a few of his scenes more awkward than funny.
  16. Jun 3, 2013
    The first was a fresh concept, the second feels kinda repetitive and the third one was okay. Overall, Hangover III didn't live up to the original film but still better than its predecessor. The movie basically revisits the element of the Hangover with tweaks here and there. Some scene feels kinda off, forced and unfunny, while others are one of the hilarious scene in the trilogy. It's aThe first was a fresh concept, the second feels kinda repetitive and the third one was okay. Overall, Hangover III didn't live up to the original film but still better than its predecessor. The movie basically revisits the element of the Hangover with tweaks here and there. Some scene feels kinda off, forced and unfunny, while others are one of the hilarious scene in the trilogy. It's a decent movie and an okay finale of the Wolf Pack's adventures saga, just don't expect too much from it. Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    Can't say this is hallarious or as good as the previous parts (as is the case with most sequels). It was a bit slower to develop the plot and certainly darker. It is structured almost exactly as the others, which doesn't give too many surprises or laughs. John Goodman was a good addition. Worth a watch.
  18. May 28, 2013
    This film was funny, which is what it intended to be. It wrapped up the trilogy well, as you would expect. But the dialogue in some places was awful and performances from all round were average. If you find Chow funny and want a laugh, then see this. If not, then give it a miss.
  19. Jun 5, 2013
    This movie is ok. What i dont like about the third part is that its not about drinking too much and have a hangover. So for me Hangover 1/2 were better because of that it was way more chaotic and "what the hell" effect. But the third part is still funny itself. Its a great comedy movie.
  20. Jul 8, 2013
    Really bizarre... it didn't even focus on comedy and seemed like a caper flick. I can somewhat commend them for trying harder than they did in Part II, but The Hangover should have never been a trilogy.
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    It is missing The Hangover feeling, getting lost not knowing whats happening from last night, but it is still stand out as an independent follow up conclusion to The Hangover franchise which they are really good, although it is less funnier than the previous two but it is still better than the second but can't match the first Hangover movie which was a true Masterpiece.
  22. Jun 1, 2013
    Other than Alan's Ave Maria, this END is piece of F**K! Only got here Mr. Chow's gay act and jokes like smelling Stu's butt. Thank goodness this series got a full stop.
  23. Jun 5, 2013
    its like forcing comedy to become more serious.. just doesn't fit the puzzle.. laugh a bit, everything else was a disappointment... 1st and 2nd was much able to be enjoyed
  24. Jun 7, 2013
    I've always been a fan of The Hangover series, not much for the comedy itself but for the plot. It's not a complex plot, but it's a good plot for a comedy movie series and makes it easy for characters to react in a whole plethora of situations. This was clearly the least funny of The Hangover series, but I still slightly enjoyed it. It made me laugh occasionally, but I felt they wereI've always been a fan of The Hangover series, not much for the comedy itself but for the plot. It's not a complex plot, but it's a good plot for a comedy movie series and makes it easy for characters to react in a whole plethora of situations. This was clearly the least funny of The Hangover series, but I still slightly enjoyed it. It made me laugh occasionally, but I felt they were trying too hard to push the Alan jokes, due to his positive fan feedback from the previous films. My favorite part about this movie is that it gives good closure for the characters we've come to love in the previous films and that it makes a lot of references to the previous films as if 2009 was just yesterday. The Hangover didn't have to have to be a trilogy and frankly it shouldn't have been one, but at least they ended it right. Expand
  25. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The ending to the hangover trilogy, was unexpected. It didn't have fresh jokes like the first movie, that was a problem for this movie, as well as the second one. To me it felt more of an action movie than a comedy flick. Allan was a jerk in this movie and that was a problem, because allan was a lovable idiot in the first two films and now his such a jerk to stu, while his nice to Phil, i really don't get him. Some jokes in this movie were funny and some were forced, like the part where chow shouts I love cocaine for me that was a bit forced. I still had a good time with this movie, even though it has a lot of problems, The Hangover Part III is still a good time and kn my opinion is better than part II. I am going to give The Hanhover Part III a 6/10. Expand
  26. May 13, 2014
    There is a reason why these films are called a Hangover and that is that watching them is like being a Hangover. The first one pulled it off in a good way with us experiencing it with them but now its mostly me getting the Hangover in that I’ll sit there and watch these sequels and then forget what happened in them and not because I was drugged but because there is nothing worthThere is a reason why these films are called a Hangover and that is that watching them is like being a Hangover. The first one pulled it off in a good way with us experiencing it with them but now its mostly me getting the Hangover in that I’ll sit there and watch these sequels and then forget what happened in them and not because I was drugged but because there is nothing worth remembering in these sequels. I guess this one is slightly better than the last one in that it wasn’t a total rehash and I was kind of curious in what was going on but in all honesty there is no point to these sequels and I feel like I’ve wasted my time watching them when there are tons of other movies out there that I could be watching instead. All I can say is that I’m glad this franchise is over because I would not be able to stand another Hangover film. If you are a die-hard Hangover fan (in that you actually liked the second one) give this one a shot you’ll probably be cool with it. If you are one of those people who isn’t a big Hangover fan and/or didn’t like the second one than you shouldn’t check this one out. Even if you just want to watch it to finish up the Hangover movies I’d say skip it because this movie is pointless. Hollywood just cranked this movie out to milk the franchise for what it was worth and they are ending it because they realized that one more movie is all they’ll have. I think the best part about this movie is that this hopefully will be the end. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to pretend the sequels don’t exist and just stick to the original because this is a trilogy that should only have one installment. Expand
  27. Jun 23, 2013
    The Hangover 'series' is always a cash grab, sequels that are produced because their predecessors are so successful. While I am never a fan of the series, Part 3 at least tries to be different, with great chemistry between the casts. Highlight as always is Jeong, in one of his definitive role as crazy Leslie Chow. Looking at the box office result of this installment, audiences are not asThe Hangover 'series' is always a cash grab, sequels that are produced because their predecessors are so successful. While I am never a fan of the series, Part 3 at least tries to be different, with great chemistry between the casts. Highlight as always is Jeong, in one of his definitive role as crazy Leslie Chow. Looking at the box office result of this installment, audiences are not as keen as before, but certainly still made this flick a worldwide hit. Expand
  28. May 16, 2015
    The story continues and for that reason alone makes this better than Part 2, but again has dragged along all the annoyances in particular with the character Leslie Chow. He is like if Goerge Lucas went all the way with jar jar binks in StarWars. Conceptually a trilogy seemed like a good idea, but a complete lack of originality has dampened what was mostly an enjoyable film. I will say theThe story continues and for that reason alone makes this better than Part 2, but again has dragged along all the annoyances in particular with the character Leslie Chow. He is like if Goerge Lucas went all the way with jar jar binks in StarWars. Conceptually a trilogy seemed like a good idea, but a complete lack of originality has dampened what was mostly an enjoyable film. I will say the sequels to the 2009 classic don't ruin the mythos of this trilogy, all 3 are entertaining, but for me it's when Leslie Chow didn't die from an overdose in the second movie when this trilogy fell flat. Expand
  29. Aug 8, 2013
    The Wolfpack is back. Someone please tell them to go home.

The Wolfpack is back. Someone please tell them to go home.

Todd Philips returns to direct The Hangover series with his last entry (hopefully). The movie follows Stu, Phil, and Alan (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis) once again on another crazy adventure except this time…they don’t even get hungover! What’s up with that? Instead, these guys have to track down Leslie Chow, their old “friend” from the first two movies, to steal a large amount of money from him to give to Marshal, a Kingpin of some sorts per say. After the plot unravels, I felt this movie had a chance but it just went straight downhill and did not come back up. The movie did not even feel like a comedy, something even The Hangover: Part II seemed to do right. Instead, this movie felt like kind of a crappy action-thriller. There were precisely two scenes I can remember from this movie that made me laugh, besides the parts already shown in the trailer. I did enjoy the few scenes where they revisited places from the original movie because that’s where all the sweet memories lie of this series, to be honest. The movie is about an hour and a half but the whole time, I really was just waiting for the movie to be over with. Todd Philips, The Hangover was brilliant. Even The Hangover: Part II had more laughs than this film…please let this series be over with.
  30. Nov 3, 2013
    Outrageous and sometimes hilarious, but for the most part its a retread of the events/scenarios of the previous Hangover films with only the setting being the newest addition and biggest difference. The acting is great and I am most fond of Zach Galifianakis reprising his role as Allen who is clearly the best character of the wolfpack. This is not a very good sequel.
  31. Jul 8, 2013
    The Hangover trilogy came to an end. Sort of. The Hangover Part 3 is the newest addition to the trilogy that was the most absurd and funniest of all Todd Philips movies. Surprisingly, Philips directed all the movies in this series including this one- as well? This isn't the Philips I remember! Part 2 was the worst movie in this trilogy but part 3 is both bad and funny- have some laughs butThe Hangover trilogy came to an end. Sort of. The Hangover Part 3 is the newest addition to the trilogy that was the most absurd and funniest of all Todd Philips movies. Surprisingly, Philips directed all the movies in this series including this one- as well? This isn't the Philips I remember! Part 2 was the worst movie in this trilogy but part 3 is both bad and funny- have some laughs but don't expect Part 1 from this average comedy. And I wish there was an actual Hangover this time- the gag at the end is super hilarious! Stick in for that! Expand
  32. Oct 24, 2013
    This movie wasn't actually terrible. I probably liked it more because I expected it would be terrible. I actually enjoyed it and it made me laugh. It is definitely not the first Hangover but was better than a lot of recent comedies. I am a fan of Ken Jeong from Community so I enjoy his character. With watching if you've seen the other two.
  33. Jun 26, 2013
    The Hangover Part 3 deviates from the tried and tested formula of the first that was shamelessly repeated in the second. Instead the film focuses on the wolf pack hunting down Chow. The film once again give Doug the short end of the stick as instead of developing his character he is left on the sidelines (if it isn't broken, I suppose.) The problem is the fact this film is full of Chow whoThe Hangover Part 3 deviates from the tried and tested formula of the first that was shamelessly repeated in the second. Instead the film focuses on the wolf pack hunting down Chow. The film once again give Doug the short end of the stick as instead of developing his character he is left on the sidelines (if it isn't broken, I suppose.) The problem is the fact this film is full of Chow who i find annoying so the film quickly got on my nerves. It was also unintentionally hilarious to watch bradley cooper in this film as he seems to look annoyed with himself for doing the film which he is now clearly better than, and he seems to show that with a very irate performance of the character throughout. Whilst most would agree that the formula was old I believe that if they had done an extreme version of the premise it would have been funnier than this film which produces barely a chuckle. Conversely I felt that the focus on character growth was nice to see after literately none in prior films.
    Rating 5 out of 10
    This is clearly the hangover of the franchise
  34. May 30, 2013
    & yet again I'm amazed with some critics(first "Hobbit", now this). "Hangover 3" takes turn toward more serious comedy, characters are well established, main story is surprisingly engaging, humor is also well placed. Yes it has problems, but not deep enough to rate this 3 out 10, that's ridiculous.
  35. May 26, 2013
    Some funny bits but overall not what I was expecting. Worth a watch but Part 1 is still the best in the trilogy. It's nice to see closure for the characters but felt like a cheap heist movie and not the comedy that the hangover should be.
  36. May 26, 2013
    If the movie trailers and the posters live up to their promise, this is the end for The Wolfpack as we know it. Director Todd Phillips has proclaimed The Hangover Part III as the epic finale of one of the most polarizing franchises of all time. Not disliking Part II myself, as much as everyone else, I still held reservations against Part III. Going in with low expectations, I can say thatIf the movie trailers and the posters live up to their promise, this is the end for The Wolfpack as we know it. Director Todd Phillips has proclaimed The Hangover Part III as the epic finale of one of the most polarizing franchises of all time. Not disliking Part II myself, as much as everyone else, I still held reservations against Part III. Going in with low expectations, I can say that The Hangover Part III makes up for the disastrous Part II, but comes nowhere near the level of the original.

The tone is set in a much darker place. A real life is in serious peril with Marshall threatening to kill Doug unless they bring him Chow. This plot development is a fantastic way to tie all three movies together, but it rarely finds a way to works itself in with the subplot of Alan needing mental help. Drifting away from the trouble with Alan to focus on finding Chow, there is never a feeling of urgency to anything that makes us care for Doug's safety, which ultimately lessens Alan's story.

As Part III begins as a cry for help from Alan, we never see a progression of his change until the very end when he meets Melissa McCarthy. Her scene with Alan makes more sense as a gag than an actual instrument to influence the character. This moment is way too forced and is resolved too quickly. However, it is nice to see Phil and Stu bring a calm balance to the overly exhausted random acts of words that spew out of Alan's mouth. These actors have a great chemistry together, but nothing in this story helps grow these characters from what we know of them already.

On the other hand, Mr. Chow is a greater force to be reckoned with this time around and you can actually tell how threatening and sly he can be. And although Jeong works well in Part III, his atrocious accent and Asian caricature is still unbearable. John Goodman is a decent commanding villain, but is never given much to do. What irritates me about his threat is that since they are in the U.S. The Wolfpack never bother to call the cops or are given an ultimatum by Marshall, which lacks tension.

For a sequel that no one really asked for, Part III does a reasonable job at clinging on to audiences that have not lost faith in the franchise. Unfortunately it was an uphill battle from the beginning after Part II left its mark. You could, however, skip Part II and hardly miss a beat aside from one joke. Almost every element of the first film is re-introduced in the third to bring the trilogy together in a neat little package. Even little Carlos makes an appearance, and it happens to be the most genuine scene in the movie.

The movie is visually slick, like any under Todd Phillips' belt, he uses every ounce of his budget to his advantage. With what comedy there is, the timing from every actor is just as smooth as ever. Again, Phillips makes use of a killer soundtrack and fits it well into each scene. There is a rendition of "Hurt" from Nine Inch Nails that would make the band cringe, but it is timed perfectly for this film. "Dark Fantasy" by Kanye West, "Down in Mexico" by The Coasters, and many others work in favor of the film keeping up a high energy.

Helms, Galifianakis, and Cooper have gotten their character dynamics as The Wolfpack down to a science. As much as it hurts to see these actors fill the shoes of these characters again because it feels like they're in it for the paycheck they all do a great job running through the motions. I did have a good chuckle here and there, but most of those moments have been easily forgotten. There are some clever elements that I enjoyed, but for the most part this movie is bland and fails to elevate the franchise one inch.

And even though the stakes are much higher this time, it never really appears like anyone cares about the safety of Doug and his kidnapping is one more annoyance they have to suffer through to find a happy ending. Doug's kidnapping is basically used as a running gag at this point to keep him out of the film. What I would have liked to see is for Todd Phillips to completely depart from this franchise, maintain the same rules, and try something daring to give us something fresh for these characters to do.

Fans of The Hangover won't be entirely disappointed by Part III as much as they were with Part II. By no means does it reach the same caliber of the first, but it is coherent enough to work as an subpar sequel. At no point does Part III feel like an enjoyable farewell experience, and that's a shame. The actors make this film entertaining enough to get by, but The Hangover Part III never succeeds in being anything more than a way to cleanly tie up loose ends.
  37. Dec 13, 2014
    In truth, it is a poor attempt at an action movie. The story is ridiculous as is the lack of an actual hangover until the credits. But what makes it appealing is the fact that it ties up the hangover adventures in the preposterous way we expected. We will miss the hangover heroes but perhaps it's good they've gone, as the trilogy has gone downhill as it's gone on. This is Mr. Chow's finestIn truth, it is a poor attempt at an action movie. The story is ridiculous as is the lack of an actual hangover until the credits. But what makes it appealing is the fact that it ties up the hangover adventures in the preposterous way we expected. We will miss the hangover heroes but perhaps it's good they've gone, as the trilogy has gone downhill as it's gone on. This is Mr. Chow's finest chapter but certainly not the wolf pack's. It's not a patch on the first film in the trilogy, but if your a fan, see how it concludes. Expand
  38. Jun 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The 3rd installment of the Hangover series, which was billed as the final, had all the hype of a prize fight and like a prize fight was a complete let down. Hangover 3: The Search for Chow was very disappointing, the worst of the series and you shouldn't waste your money to see this in the theater. This is a DVD rental at best.

The giraffe scene was by far the funniest scene of the movie but unfortunately comes at the very beginning. The extra scene at the end was pretty hysterical too and my thought was an Alan wedding would've been funnier, especially if they had worked it backward to establish who is wife is. My issue with this movie is a lot of what has already been said. Alan was supposed to be our loveable ra-tard who is a kid in an adults body and in this episode he becomes a teenager. A self absorbed hateful person who is mean to just be mean. The heist aspect fo the movie was a good idea but executed poorly. John Goodman was not favorably cast and this would've been a lot funnier had someone like Fred Armisen been the big bad. The jokes fell flat and while the ideas were there, the movie felt like it was rushed. I would've been ok if Todd Phillips (a comedic genius) had to take 5 years to give us a quality ending to the series. Chow was never supposed to be a main character, he was a supporting one and there is entirely too much of him in this movie. My last issue with the film is the lack of cameos. It's the last movie of the series and ends in Vegas, c'mon fellas! Give us a Mike Tyson and Carrot Top and make it funny. When I start feeling that I could've written the movie better, that's when I realize I'm in a bad movie. The first movie of the series is one of my all time favorite movies and I'm aware the sequels wouldn't be as good but I really wanted more laughs to end it.
  39. Jun 7, 2013
    If you know me personally then you know I have a big soft spot for comedy. I love it and I pretty well like everyone involved in the mainstream comedy game in Hollywood. I root for the underdogs the critics like to bash (I'm hoping The Internship is good, but feel the critical response will be worse than it is for this one) and I've felt I've especially had to stand up for The HangoverIf you know me personally then you know I have a big soft spot for comedy. I love it and I pretty well like everyone involved in the mainstream comedy game in Hollywood. I root for the underdogs the critics like to bash (I'm hoping The Internship is good, but feel the critical response will be worse than it is for this one) and I've felt I've especially had to stand up for The Hangover films since many, fans included, were disappointed in the carbon copy follow-up the second film turned out to be. I was, like most, a huge fan of the first film. I found it refreshingly funny and daring. It didn't care what anyone thought, it just wanted to be funny and that is what comedy is supposed to be. There should be no fear when putting what you think is funny on screen and that element I think is what saves the third and final part of this men behaving badly series. Director Todd Phillips and writing partner Craig Mazin (Identity Thief) listened to the audience reaction to Part II and appeased the crowds by saying, "okay, we'll do something different for the third one." Naturally, this was a smart move but as the first reactions have come in it seems people are upset that there is no trace of an actual hangover anywhere in the film and that instead of following the antics of these guys on a chase through a random city that has them putting together the pieces of the night before it has them exploring the truth about Alan's psyche and wanting to help him move on with his life. In some aspects it is a film completely devoted to character development and getting Zach Galifianakis' lovable goofball to a place where we as an audience feel content to leave him and the rest of the time it is almost a dramatic man hunt movie that has the wolfpack tracking down Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong). The Hangover Part III is certainly not what you would expect from the trilogy and compared to the others it is definitely the least funny, but that didn't make it a bad movie. In some ways it even made it more of a legitimate film.

read the whole review at www.reviewsfromabed.com
  40. Jun 17, 2013
    This movie is nothing like the past ones, it is way too different, it more of a thriller, it is funny but not as I expected it to be, it is not a bad movie though, but still I was way too disappointed with it, it is not satisfying, but as a com-thrill, it delivers a good time.
  41. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst out of the trilogy, but I still enjoyed it, somewhat. The Hangover Part III takes a very different path to the first two. A much darker path might I add. The Wolfpack get caught up in Lesley Chow's criminal activities and their actions from the first two movies seem to catch up with them. They are ordered to find Chow who escapes from prison.

There are some issues I had with the film:
    1. The pace of the movie is slow and it takes a while to get to the main plot and then it seems to be over very quickly.
    2. Alan, he is still funny in this one but it seems like they were trying too hard to make him funny which annoyed me as it made the film poorer.
    3. There is no actual hangover until the very end of the film.

Overall, a funny film but it has it's flaws.
  42. Jun 18, 2013
    You can get more laughs in 20 mintues watching any decent tv comedy than this movie. Worse than the 2nd movie, and obviously much worse than the 1st. There are handful of small laughs and 2 or 3 laugh-out-loud moments. The movie was being advertised as a return to Vegas, and it completely disappointed in that aspect. Love or hate Mr. Chow, you will either love or hate him even more thanYou can get more laughs in 20 mintues watching any decent tv comedy than this movie. Worse than the 2nd movie, and obviously much worse than the 1st. There are handful of small laughs and 2 or 3 laugh-out-loud moments. The movie was being advertised as a return to Vegas, and it completely disappointed in that aspect. Love or hate Mr. Chow, you will either love or hate him even more than you did after this movie. Expand
  43. Jun 27, 2013
    A classic example of Sequel Syndrome. The first was fantastic, The second was good but tried too hard to be like the first. The third has people realizing that the writers etc have ran out of ideas. And it has become all too stale.
  44. Jul 17, 2013
    Hated it the first time I watched it, not sure why but it was alot better the second time. So watch it twice. Regardless the ending credit were the best part of the movie and I wish they had not completely abandoned the "Hangover" formula. I think there was middle ground to be struck but unfortunately it was never found.
  45. Nov 9, 2013
    There's just no way around it: The Hangover could have used a third (and final, hopefully) installment, but this is NOT good enough, in any way, shape or form, to match up to the excellent original and solid sequel.

The main issue is the plot, which feels as hashed together as I can imagine the entire film was. The performances of the main characters are still as solid as they've ever been, but Bradley Cooper has come a long way in between Hangovers and his presence is almost...overbearing? It's hard to pinpoint, but none of the actors (including a more involved Ken Jeong as Chow and a unnecessarily involved John Goodman as the film's antagonist) are helped by the thin and void story.

Without spoiling it, I'll just say that the plot itself chokes the humor out of the film. Each of the previous Hangovers worked by creating situations that were, in and of themselves, hilarious, and then adding the reactions of a handful of excellent comedic actors. A bit of improv must have come into play as well, and even that feels cut off for most of Part III. The potential danger that created the tension in the first two films is diluted to the point where it doesn't work how it's supposed to work: as a platform for the humor. Nothing is better than a good laugh when you might be expecting things to go wrong...and even when they go wrong in Part III, you can't seem to find it in you to care as you once did.

In the end, you'll most likely wonder, like myself, why any of this had to happen in the first place. I'm not talking about the film, but the story within, which is absolutely ridiculous to begin with and gets no better as it continues to unfold. There are some truly funny moments...with such an impressive cast, it was an impossibility to completely avoid that. But these are too far between a shoddy script to justify itself. A poor idea laced into a great overall idea (concluding the series with a bang) makes the entire thing...below itself as a franchise installment.
  46. Oct 7, 2013
    I kinda thought they were pushing the envelope by making a second one but a third one may have been too much. While the film has its funny moments, the movie ends up being a little dark and most of the funny moments are too far and few between. While dark comedies are great, this movie just forgot to add the comedy part of the dark comedy and what follows is something that, with a fewI kinda thought they were pushing the envelope by making a second one but a third one may have been too much. While the film has its funny moments, the movie ends up being a little dark and most of the funny moments are too far and few between. While dark comedies are great, this movie just forgot to add the comedy part of the dark comedy and what follows is something that, with a few edits, could end up being a crime drama that somehow stars Zach Galifianakis...and speaking of Zach, his character of Alan is the dominate one of the story and that might be one of the film's biggest mistakes as they push Stu (Ed Helms) and Phil (Bradley Cooper) into the background and they rarely get to be funny. While Alan is funny and stole the first film, too much of him may be a bad thing. However, the film added Melissa McCarthy to the cast and John Goodman and all his god-like powers of acting shows up, so the movie redeems points there. "The Hangover Part III" may not be in the same league as the film that started it all, it was still a decent film for this trilogy to end on. Expand
  47. Nov 10, 2013
    Another disappointing sequel to one of the most beloved comedies of this generation.

Stupid story that doesn't quite make sense in many aspects, not much laughs, and boring action just makes me not interested at times. At other times, the movie got quite funny with Galafanakis stealing the show. He is the only one that really shines out of the Wolfpack still. With his one-liners and

At other times, the movie got quite funny with Galafanakis stealing the show. He is the only one that really shines out of the Wolfpack still. With his one-liners and great acting he was easily a savior in the movie. It was a thrillride since you didn't know what was going to happen to many of your favorite characters. Much more enjoyable than three but not as good in terms of story, characters, and action.

A fun comedy to watch if you are bored or enjoyed the previous two.
  48. Jan 18, 2014
    [REUPLOAD]
    [REUPLOAD]
  49. Dec 21, 2013
    It should not be part of the saga, the saga ended and this is the second round and after what happened with the previous. Mala Starring Ken Jeong's. A few funny moments but achieved its purpose. Has good frame, good performances and the best 3 minutes after a few credits.
  50. Jan 1, 2014
    The Hangover Part III is the conclusion to the so called Hangover trilogy. It has more misadventures with Stu, Allan, Phil and most importantly Chow. Allan has been off his meds so Tracy and the rest of his friends bring up the suggestion of Phil, Stu, and Doug to drive him to a rehabilitation center. This of Course goes awry. You later find out that Leslie Chow stole 21 millionThe Hangover Part III is the conclusion to the so called Hangover trilogy. It has more misadventures with Stu, Allan, Phil and most importantly Chow. Allan has been off his meds so Tracy and the rest of his friends bring up the suggestion of Phil, Stu, and Doug to drive him to a rehabilitation center. This of Course goes awry. You later find out that Leslie Chow stole 21 million dollars from this guy named Marshal. Marshall is quite angered by this and kidnaps the "Wolfpack". Marshal then lets Stu, Allan and Phil go, but kidnaps Doug. He gives Stu, Phil and Allan the task of bringing him Chow or they will kill Doug. I am not going to write anymore because I don't want to spoil the movie for those individuals who might find this title funny and or somewhat interesting. This movie had its funny moments but lacked plot development and character chemistry which was present in the previous two movies. Overall this movie had a weak plot and could have used a little bit more funny scenes. I will end my review with this, you should watch the end credits because there is a funny scene at the end. Expand
  51. chw
    Aug 21, 2014
    Without seeing the first two Hangover movies (my mom doesn't want me to), I can tell you that this is the worst one yet! I've heard the second one is pretty bad too, so don't see these two, just see the first one, because they didn't need to make sequels to it.
  52. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Hangover 3 simply got too serious. This was not the comedy i had been waiting for. An intervention for Christ's sake? What was the point of this 'end' to the trilogy? What were the film makers trying to say here? 'ok guys, funs over everybody go home now...' dissatisfied and disappointed with this flick. Although I loved hangover 2, its plot seemed the exact same as the first. So illHangover 3 simply got too serious. This was not the comedy i had been waiting for. An intervention for Christ's sake? What was the point of this 'end' to the trilogy? What were the film makers trying to say here? 'ok guys, funs over everybody go home now...' dissatisfied and disappointed with this flick. Although I loved hangover 2, its plot seemed the exact same as the first. So ill give this one a 1 for at least trying something different. Expand
  53. Apr 25, 2015
    If there’s one thing of which you can’t accuse The Hangover Part III, it is reverting to formula. It almost seems a challenge from Todd Phillips: “You thought Part I and II were the same? How about something that’s nothing like them?” Where the last film faced (fair) charges of simply being a do-over of Part I, this final part rejects all the familiar beats — the blackout, the violentIf there’s one thing of which you can’t accuse The Hangover Part III, it is reverting to formula. It almost seems a challenge from Todd Phillips: “You thought Part I and II were the same? How about something that’s nothing like them?” Where the last film faced (fair) charges of simply being a do-over of Part I, this final part rejects all the familiar beats — the blackout, the violent gross-out humour, the desecration of Ed Helms’ face — and starts over. There’s not even a hangover. It is both a stylistic new beginning and a neat conclusion to the story, tying up loose ends you didn’t even know were dangling. The question is whether people come for a character wrap-up, or the daft fun they had first time round? Because this isn’t so concerned with the latter.

Phillips hasn’t really made a comedy here. That’s not because he’s written jokes that don’t land; it’s that a lot of the movie isn’t played for laughs. It’s less a buddy comedy than a convoluted heist movie with a surreal bent. This time The Wolf Pack is found by the people who sold Alan (Zach Galifianakis) drugs in Vegas, who have now been ripped off by Chow (Ken Jeong), whom they must find, along with his stolen gold, or Doug (Justin Bartha) will be shot.

Despite covering more ground than the first two films — Thailand, Las Vegas and Mexico all get a visit — there’s a smaller, almost indie feel. It’s back alleys and dive bars rather than penthouse suites and tourist traps. Problems are solved with guns, not monkeys. If the previous two stages of hangover were confusion then delirium, this is the bit where you brood in a darkened room.

With reduced noise around them, the reliance on the central three is stronger than ever, and Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Galifianakis are now so gelled that there’s pleasure in just watching them bicker. That’s not true of Jeong, still giving it full fruitloop when everything else is… half fruitloop. It’s a discordant muddle of a group. It’s a discordant muddle of a film.

Tonally a complete departure from the rest of the series, which is at once laudably brave and disappointingly unfunny.

1. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Jun 6, 2013
    The Hangover Part III plays more like a caper film — “Alan’s Eleven,” perhaps — than a comedy. While Phillips ably handles the action sequences, he and co-screenwriter Craig Mazin can’t juggle both genres in the screenplay.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Rose
    May 27, 2013
    This is less a caper than a trudge; a linear adventure that proceeds in fits and starts, with few surprises and fewer laughs. There's barely even a hangover.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    May 23, 2013
    Not just bad, but weirdly, fascinatingly bad.