5.4

1. May 23, 2013
    IGNORE THE REVIEWS. The movie is hilarious. I saw it in a packed cinema and everyone was laughing throughout! It is a different, darker approach to the trilogy and it works! Its the perfect balance of sinister/hilarious. The Hangover is usually centered around Stu but now it's Alan's movie and the change pays off. DEFINITELY WORTH YOUR MONEY, THIS METACRITIC SCORE IS AN ABOMINATION!!
  2. May 24, 2013
    Not as funny as one. But still better than two. This was a good end to a good trilogy. Pacing was kinda slow at times and they still showed to much in the previews. But not enough to where all the jokes were told. Only real complaint is no ending pictures.
  3. May 23, 2013
    I liked Part 2 enough. At least it was decently funny. This 3rd film is just a lazy heist film more than a comedy, and just doesn't have any of the heart, fun or laughs that embodied the first film. I can't stop you from seeing it, but please wait for DVD.
  4. May 23, 2013
    Zach Galifianakis just awesome

Wolfpack is Back
    DEFINITELY WORTH YOUR MONEY
    I'm very pleased that they are now back in Vegas
    Had something more than my expectation
    Shouldn't be over
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    Biggest disappointment I have seen lately, the title does not even fit the movie. The plot of the hangover movie is usually the guys gets drunk and have to find a missing person they have lost. This is nothing like it, the title of this movie shouldn't even be hangover it should be manhunt, because that is what the movie is about.. The movie is about the guys chasing down Chow to pay aBiggest disappointment I have seen lately, the title does not even fit the movie. The plot of the hangover movie is usually the guys gets drunk and have to find a missing person they have lost. This is nothing like it, the title of this movie shouldn't even be hangover it should be manhunt, because that is what the movie is about.. The movie is about the guys chasing down Chow to pay a debt to some criminal in order to save Dough. The movie was not remotely funny, it was just awkward and cheap. Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    Very boring. At least The Hangover Part II had laughs despite the fact it was a carbon copy of the first. This film may have had 3-4 laughs at best. Of course the best ones was anything featuring Megan McCarthy. The characters don't even seem like themselves after the first two movies which could be a result of the actors not wanting to be involved with the movie which showed on theVery boring. At least The Hangover Part II had laughs despite the fact it was a carbon copy of the first. This film may have had 3-4 laughs at best. Of course the best ones was anything featuring Megan McCarthy. The characters don't even seem like themselves after the first two movies which could be a result of the actors not wanting to be involved with the movie which showed on the screen. The plot was half way decent I will give it that, but as soon as the gang heads to Las Vegas it becomes aware that the film makers did not feel comfortable diverting from the formula too much so they headed to a familiar location. Avoid like the plague! Expand
  7. May 26, 2013
    This movie doesn't deserve the hate it's receiving from so-called "critics". The Hangover Part III is a comedy-action film, now based on more serious matters. The film takes a hard shift of tone; you know, the one where your hangover starts to wear off and you realize the mess you've created? This movie is the final part, after your hangover in which you must fix the you got yourselfThis movie doesn't deserve the hate it's receiving from so-called "critics". The Hangover Part III is a comedy-action film, now based on more serious matters. The film takes a hard shift of tone; you know, the one where your hangover starts to wear off and you realize the mess you've created? This movie is the final part, after your hangover in which you must fix the you got yourself into. Part III is more dramatic, yes, but that doesn't mean there aren't funny parts. Just less of them. And I can take the film for what it is, not based on what the last two films. The separation of the Wolfpack, growing up. The orange juice and antacid tablets that cure your headache and end that dreadful hangover. Expand
  8. Jun 16, 2013
    Not a terrible movie, but it is a comedy that's not funny. I liked the main characters and the story played more like an action heist movie then a comedy. My main problems with the film are it is a Hangover movie and no one is Hungover and Chow gets annoying, he needs to be used in smaller doses.
  9. May 23, 2013
    Not nearly as good as the first one, but certainly funny!
  10. Jun 2, 2013
    Despite the critics, this is a very good way to end the wolfpack trilogy; especially the after credits scene. I hope you enjoy it the way i did. Bye!!
  11. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s the final Hangover to deal with for the Wolfpack, four years after the original film was a surprise major hit at the box office hit making its stars household names in the process the team have reunited to finish what they started. The second film was met with mix reviews, some claiming the film was just the same recycled plot and jokes from the first one and many giving the film rave reviews clearly happy to have more of the same from the WolfPack. Director Todd Phillips has been insistent that this final entry in the trilogy will be different and not another rehash of the first film again. Has he lived up to his promise or is it just the same film for the second time?

Well yes, to give its film its credit the film does deviate from the tested narrative that has been used in the previous two instalments adopting a crime narrative in which Stu (Ed Helms), Phil (Bradley Cooper) and Alan (Zach Galifanakis) have to track down the infamous Mr Chow (Ken Jeong) in order to rescue Doug (Justin Bartha) from a crime lord called Marshall (John Goodman). This plot inevitably sends the group to Las Vegas, whilst tying up all the loose ends that you didn’t even remember from the previous films, such as who Alan bought the drugs from in the original (From Marshall). Most of these tying up loose ends are very unnecessary and feel as if they were just added to tie the film back the original in order for them to have some reason to return to Vegas.

Given the new premise you would think that the film would capitalise on this and take the series to a interesting and hopefully hilarious finale, they sadly do not. The humour is still the same gross out OTT humour as in the first two instalments, possibly a tiny bit more restrained but they more than make up for that in the final post credit scene (more on that later). John Goodman who even in a film as bad as it could be would still be entertaining is great in his minor role as Marshall is criminally underused and you beg for him to have more screen time then he actually does, criminally underused.
    The films main problem is the increased role given to Ken Jeong as Leslie Chow, he was fine in the first film as he was only on screen for a grand total of 10 minutes and his wacky/camp persona was tolerable. In the second he had a greater role and became irritating very quickly, however in this he has equal billing with the rest of the cast and is intolerable including, It’s the same joke’s over and over again (including the classic small penis gem from the second film) and even though Jeong looks as if hes enjoying himself it just seems this film is just a tester for a Chow spin off.

Where as in the first and second film the cast seemed to be having fun and at least enjoying themselves, in this film it’s clear that no one cares about their performance and is there simply because they are contractually obliged to be in this film. The performances are all phoned in especially Bradley Cooper who looks as if he’s on autopilot for the film, hoping that doing this won’t damage his Oscar chances in the future.
    The film ends on a climatic note at Alan’s wedding and it seems that the series has reached its conclusion, but then comes a post credit scene that makes the entire film incredibly pointless, A scene plays in which all three members of the Wolfpack wake up after Alan’s wedding in a destroyed room, including the monkey from the second film, Stu with breast implants and a naked Mr Chow who alleged sent them a drugged wedding cake. This is terrible for the simple reason that this is the final film in this series and this ending just contradicts the whole film in order to make two or three cheap gags that have been made consistently throughout the previous two films.

In conclusion, Hangover Three attempts to try something new but turns into a bit of a mess recycling jokes and clichés from the first two films, the cast are gliding through this film waiting for it to finally end and they can move onto new projects. This will probably be the last time we see the Wolfpack (until a horrendous remake in 10 years time) and it has to go down as a missed opportunity for the franchise.
  12. May 26, 2013
    A hilarious end to the trilogy, far exceeding the second installment. Nothing can top the original, but this comes pretty close. I was very pleasantly surprised by this given how negative some of the reviews are. I highly recommend seeing it- it will certainly be well worth your money.
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    Uggh...not a good movie. Never got the negative reviews from Hangover II as I still found it funny despite it being a "Remix" to the first Hangover. This one has a brand new plot, not recycled, however it is just not funny. Found a few laughs but overall it is easily the worst of the trilogy.
  14. May 24, 2013
    Better than the second, but doesn't live up to the first (though anything like that will be incredibly difficult to recreate). If you like any of The Hangover movies, you'll certainly enjoy this one. The tone definitely takes a turn, and becomes more darker and awkward with Zach Galifianakis (Alan) and Ken Jeong (Chow) leading the crew. Make sure to stay after the credits too, just a fewBetter than the second, but doesn't live up to the first (though anything like that will be incredibly difficult to recreate). If you like any of The Hangover movies, you'll certainly enjoy this one. The tone definitely takes a turn, and becomes more darker and awkward with Zach Galifianakis (Alan) and Ken Jeong (Chow) leading the crew. Make sure to stay after the credits too, just a few seconds after the film's end lies the funniest moment that had my jaw dropped for a moment. The cast is all really solid, and I really was intrigued as the plot went on. There is a little bit of drag and the comedy comes to me as small laughs rather than huge gags or hilarious one liners. The critics definitely aren't fans of this film, but to me, I left the theater feeling pleased. It's a solid end to The Hangover series and Wolf Pack, and much much better than went I left after viewing it's predecessor; Hangover Part II. Expand
  15. May 24, 2013
    Let me start off by saying this. The first one was hilarious. The second one is lame and unoriginal. This one was not as good as I thought it would be. I honestly expected this one to be better. But sadly it's just bland. It's not even a "Hangover movie." It's a rescue movie done with a dentist a school teacher and a complete idiot that we all know and love. The characters are the same,Let me start off by saying this. The first one was hilarious. The second one is lame and unoriginal. This one was not as good as I thought it would be. I honestly expected this one to be better. But sadly it's just bland. It's not even a "Hangover movie." It's a rescue movie done with a dentist a school teacher and a complete idiot that we all know and love. The characters are the same, except for Alan. He literally becomes a complete butt-hole in this movie. He's not a retard with idiotic charm, he's a straight up butt-hole. I mean he was funny, but his new perception just made not like him the way he usually is. It is weird how no one in this movie gets hung-over. I mean seriously. It's a Hangover movie for God's sake. But the one thing I absolutely loved most in this movie is the giraffe scene. Oh my God, I laughed so hard at that scene. If your going to go see it, just watch the giraffe scene. But overall, there were definitely laughs for sure, but it's really not the same old stuff that you'd want to see. Expand
  16. May 23, 2013
    The wolf back is back and even better than before. I'm very pleased that they are now back in Vegas. This was really good and I am very happy about it
  17. May 25, 2013
    THE HANGOVER III
    The Hangover III was directed by Todd Phillips (The Hangover) and stars Zack Galifianakis (The Campaign), Bradley Cooper (Silver Linings Playbook), Ed Helms (The Office), and Ken Jeong (Community).
    THE HANGOVER III

In this reportedly final installment of the Hangover trilogy, the Wolfpack has an intervention for Alan (Galifianakis) after he causes a horrific accident and shuts down a major freeway. They set out on a road trip to a rehabilitation center in Arizona, but their journey is interrupted by an angry gangster known as Marshall, played by John Goodman (The Big Lebowski). Marshall has tracked the Wolfpack's old nemesis, Mr. Chow (Jeong), back to Alan. Marshall forces the Wolfpack to find Chow in order to retrieve millions of dollars of gold that Chow has stolen from him.

Thankfully, the makers of this film did not rehash the first Hangover like they did in the sequel. It has a unique storyline and ties in pretty well with the other two films in the series. It starts out with some big laughs, but fails to cause the riotous laughter throughout the movie like the original.

Zack Galifianakis and Ken Jeong are the main focus of the story and are responsible for nearly all of the humor in the film. There is one scene where Galifianakis and Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) experience love at first sight and it results in one of the best scenes of the movie. Ed Helms and Bradley Cooper's characters, while along for the ride, seem almost non-existent in this film.

I did find myself laughing throughout many parts of the movie, but at other times I became bored with the story. By then end, I was slightly disappointed. I couldn't be too disappointed compared to how bad I thought the second Hangover was. This one is far better than the second, but not near as good as the first.

If you do venture out to see this movie, make sure to wait for the scene during the credits. It is undoubtedly the funniest part of the movie.

You will probably think this film is okay if you liked the first Hangover, but if you liked the second one, you will love it.

My Grade for this film: B-

To view a breakdown of my grades, go to: facebook.com/CriticWes
    To view my movie blog, go to: http://www.mix93.com/pages/16393587.php?
  18. May 24, 2013
    There are a few laughs in the film, and it's great to see these actors together again, but the entire affair is just flat and lacks forward momentum. The first Hangover is a modern comedy great, along with Wedding Crashers, Bridesmaids and Old School. It's very tough to make comedy sequels that work, though. Even the credits sequence wasn't all that funny but stay for it and see for yourself!
  19. Jun 4, 2013
    "What should have been a finale instead felt like a waste. The Hangover Part III, dares to try something new and actually falls flat, with no motivation, no interests, and more importantly, no comedy. it's a lukewarm finale to our beloved wolf-pack." ..D+
  20. Jun 21, 2013
    The joke has irrevocably worn out. This time around, they even forgot to make a comedy but instead they went for a thriller that has a couple of jokes (all of which you can see by watching the trailer).
  21. May 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie wipes out all humor from the first two movies. By the time it ends you've come to the conclusion that Alan is a certified mental patient who should be locked away and that Chow is really an evil murdering, criminal. Even the "jokes" remind us that Stu could have AIDS but never cared enough to get tested and that Alan's selfishness led to his Father's death. Its a morbid film with very, very few laughs. Expand
  22. Jun 6, 2013
    A disapoitment. You just get the feeling that the filmmakers really had no idea, what to do with the third movie. Two or three scenes were funny and that was it.
  23. Jun 5, 2013
    I don't know what I expected after the worse-than-the-first-movie sequel and all the trailers to this one. Perhaps, funny jokes, more screen time devoted to Doug (Justin Bartha), and less to Zach Unpronounceablakis and the Chinese moron... Of course, all of that was quite silly of me, the series dropped the bar even lower. In fact, this isn't even a comedy any more, but an action/adventureI don't know what I expected after the worse-than-the-first-movie sequel and all the trailers to this one. Perhaps, funny jokes, more screen time devoted to Doug (Justin Bartha), and less to Zach Unpronounceablakis and the Chinese moron... Of course, all of that was quite silly of me, the series dropped the bar even lower. In fact, this isn't even a comedy any more, but an action/adventure movie with some humorous moments. The opinion of this movie is basically based on your opinion of Zach Whateverakis and his character. If you, for some awkward reason, liked him in the previous parts, this movie may very well entertain you. If you didn't, like me, and hate his utter bloody stupidity, then you'll be mostly bored with this movie. It's watchable, but I wouldn't recommend spending your hard-earned money on it. Expand
  24. May 31, 2013
    IGNOR THE REVIEWS.This movie does not deserve a 1,2 or a 3 it deserves a 9,8 or a 7.The hangover part 3 is better then the hangover part 2 absolutly.I think people hate on it beause there is no hangover till the very end for me it is good beacuse it adds a good change to the trilogy.this movie foccues on mr.Chow and Alan.This story is funny and you will have so many laughs while you watchIGNOR THE REVIEWS.This movie does not deserve a 1,2 or a 3 it deserves a 9,8 or a 7.The hangover part 3 is better then the hangover part 2 absolutly.I think people hate on it beause there is no hangover till the very end for me it is good beacuse it adds a good change to the trilogy.this movie foccues on mr.Chow and Alan.This story is funny and you will have so many laughs while you watch the film.I DO NOT GET WHY THE CRITICS HATE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!.THIS MOVIE DESEVES A 7 LIKE THE FIRST ONE NOT 33 LIKE THE LAST AIRBENDER THE MOVIE GOT 22 BUT THAT MOVIE WAS AN ABOMINATION AND PURE BUT THIS MOVIE IS ADICTIVE FUNNY AND SILLY.I DO NOT GET YOU CRITICS NO MORE YOU GIVE THE CHERNOBYL DIARIES A 32 AND THAT MOVIE IS JUST PURE EXTREME AND GIVE THIS MOVIE A 30 THAN YOU ARE JUST STUPID.TODAYS CRITICS DO NOT HAVE LOVE TO FUNNY MOVIES OR EAVEN GAMES HOW CAN YOU GIVE SAINTS ROW 2 A 72 AND SAINTS ROW 3 A 84 YOU JUST IT UP SO HARD THAT I WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU NO MORE I AM IN RAGE MODE NOW!!!!HOW CAN YOU HATE THIS MOVIE HOW I DO NOT GET IT?????????

TIS MOVIE IS WORTH YOUR MONEY GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE IGNORE THE RETARD CRITICS AND GO SEE IT YOU WONT REGREAT IT I GUARANTEE
  25. Jun 10, 2013
    I think we all were going to see Hangover 3. No matter how good or awful it turned out to be. And thus it was created. Hopefully it stop here. Anyone expecting the comedy of the original will be sorely disappointed. The director it seems to have realized his big mistake in basically re-shooting the hangover in Bangkok and calling it a sequel. Though props go to the drug dealing monkey.I think we all were going to see Hangover 3. No matter how good or awful it turned out to be. And thus it was created. Hopefully it stop here. Anyone expecting the comedy of the original will be sorely disappointed. The director it seems to have realized his big mistake in basically re-shooting the hangover in Bangkok and calling it a sequel. Though props go to the drug dealing monkey.

The result is something that meanders between being a heist film and a gross out comedy. They do a good job of making the characters more human after hangover part 2. As other have said Zach Galifianakis really dominates the wolfpack in this one. Both in terms of being central to the story and screen time. Also Ken Jeong who is elevated from bit character to full on bad guy or good guy depending how you look at it.
    Due to a back story of events that barely make sense an over-serious John Goodman kidnaps Doug (no. really?) thus kicking events off. Unlike hangover 1 and 2 they aren't even drugged this time and it is unclear what past sins they have committed to deserve such punishment. Especially Doug. Poor guy gets so little screen-time for being such a big part of the plot. It could have been an interesting direction if he came along for one of their crazy adventures. He could have been the "straight" guy horrified by the things the wolfpack has become used to.

There are laughs to be had though. And at least one pair of boobs to be seen. Though FYI you have to wait for the credits and you will regret it. Overall a low end comedy still sitting in the shadow of a much better original.
  26. Jun 11, 2013
    Before I watched this people told me "It's better than the second anyway." So there was born my expectation of a slightly mediocre film as the second to me, was just, a stocky attempt at rehashing the first...no more, no less... However. This was not better than the second. Not by a long shot.
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    Not very funny at all. Really its not. It just tries to be but the steam on this train ended about halfway through number 2. Watch it and try laugh and enjoy it.
  28. May 27, 2013
    this epic conclusion to awesome franchise. i dont agree with crtic there just being trolls. this movie awesome. chow and allen are better than ever just buy it
  29. May 28, 2013
    Glad to see the producers take a different approach on this one. I felt hangover 1 and 2 were good but since 2 was so closely delivered as 1 that people over looked it. Hangover 3 was hilarious! I was laughing the whole movie. Galifianakis (Alan) and Jeong (Chow) kept you surprised by their adult humor. Also nice twist at the end you didn't ever think would happen coming into the movie.
  30. May 30, 2013
    The wolfpack returns for the last couple of drinks of the final trilogy of The Hangover, Part III. After the disappointment of The Hangover, Part II that the sequel wasn't that great for the audience, now there's another disappointment that the third film is getting less that wasn't that funny or even entertaining. The story is about Alan (Galifianakis) is moving away from his father'sThe wolfpack returns for the last couple of drinks of the final trilogy of The Hangover, Part III. After the disappointment of The Hangover, Part II that the sequel wasn't that great for the audience, now there's another disappointment that the third film is getting less that wasn't that funny or even entertaining. The story is about Alan (Galifianakis) is moving away from his father's death and his three friends Phil (Cooper), Stu (Helms), and Doug (Bartha) are planning to take Alan to intervention at Arizona. Little to know that the drug dealers including Marshall (Goodman) wants revenge for the Wolfpack because Mr. Chow (Jeong) is escape from prison at Thailand and steals the gold from his men. Three men are chasing the most annoying stereotypical character at Mexico and they think will agree to work with Mr. Chow's plan. Three men are returning back to Las Vegas and do same rehash over again like the first one including Stu's old wife, Caesar's Hotel, and more that came from. The characters are awkwardly unfunny and Alan turns into a stupid selfish person since the last movie that he did all over again to make huge mistakes. The Hangover, Expand
  31. May 30, 2013
    Zach Galifianakis is the focus of this final installment in the decreasingly funny series. His over-the-top behavior has the other Wolfpack members taking him off to rehab…until John Goodman appears and sends them on a quest to find Mr. Chow. Instead of the "how did we get here?" scenario that fueled the first two, this one comes off as a mediocre heist. While there are amusing momentsZach Galifianakis is the focus of this final installment in the decreasingly funny series. His over-the-top behavior has the other Wolfpack members taking him off to rehab…until John Goodman appears and sends them on a quest to find Mr. Chow. Instead of the "how did we get here?" scenario that fueled the first two, this one comes off as a mediocre heist. While there are amusing moments (thx mostly to Zach), the whole enterprise lacks the outrageous originality of the others. Expand
  32. May 23, 2013
    I don't give a damn what the critics are saying, but a Hangover movie is a Hangover movie. The reason why I should see it this week is because a). a pet giraffe squashed on the freeway. b). I don't know about Zach Galifianakis singing, but he sure can back it up. c). Ken Jeong is absolutely stupidly funny. and d). The series is coming to an end. Although Part III ain't gonna be the bestI don't give a damn what the critics are saying, but a Hangover movie is a Hangover movie. The reason why I should see it this week is because a). a pet giraffe squashed on the freeway. b). I don't know about Zach Galifianakis singing, but he sure can back it up. c). Ken Jeong is absolutely stupidly funny. and d). The series is coming to an end. Although Part III ain't gonna be the best Hangover since I and II, but I sure hope is gonna do well on Memorial Day at the box office against Fast & Furious 6. Forget the tasteless critics and go see it! This movie is gonna be stupidly awesome! Expand
  33. May 30, 2013
    I'm going to keep this nice and short, the film compered to the first one is no where near as good but at face value just as its own film its a hilarious and entertaining. in my opinion go and watch it, just don't compare it to the first one Xbox360Critic (Alan is such a crease all the way through)
  34. May 28, 2013
    Moviegoers want sequels, that's why they are made. As fans, we want to see more and learn more about the characters we know and love, but no matter how good that sequel is, not all of the fans are going to like it. If the movie is too much like the first one, the fans say it's the same movie, but if it's too different, they say it doesn't fit the story. The only place the writers/producersMoviegoers want sequels, that's why they are made. As fans, we want to see more and learn more about the characters we know and love, but no matter how good that sequel is, not all of the fans are going to like it. If the movie is too much like the first one, the fans say it's the same movie, but if it's too different, they say it doesn't fit the story. The only place the writers/producers are going to win is at the box office, because no matter the reviews, they know people are going to come and see it. The Hangover Part III is getting terrible reviews from fans, because it's not what they expected. It's not as funny as the first one or even the second one, in fact, this film is much more dramatic than the rest of the films in the series, but it not necessarily a bad thing. Alan may not have had a ton of funny lines and Stu's girlish screaming may have run it's course, but this was still a really good story. Using flashbacks from the original, Todd Phillips introduces us to a part of the story that we didn't even know existed until now. This time, they skip the hangover and the wolf pack needs to go on an adventure to capture Mr. Chow. Four years ago, Chow ripped off another gangster and that gangster kidnaps Doug and threatens to kill him unless the wolf pack can bring him Chow. The story was solid and included some of the comedy we love along with dramatic elements and even a couple of really exciting chase scenes. No, this film was not the hangover we've come to love and expect. The clever one-liners aren't there, there's no wedding to prepare for, and the stakes are much higher this time, but all in all the story was very solid and the performances were fantastic. This film was a great way to end the story of the wolf pack, yet many fans and critic alike insist on comparing it to the first one. This film is much different than the original, too different in the opinions of many. If you want to compare Part III to the original Hangover, than no it's nowhere near as good, but if you look at it based on it's own merits, it's a pretty solid film, albeit much different from what was expected. Expand
  35. Jun 25, 2013
    Better than The Hangover part II but not as good as the original. My real grade for this movie is 9.5. If you really like The Hangover franchise you should really see this movie.
  36. Jun 2, 2013
    The first 40 minutes are terrible and only gets slightly better by actually becoming an action film. It carries a darker more serious tone that doesn't have the pay off as the first film but succeeds in being better than the second, if you call that an accomplishment.
  37. May 26, 2013
    Overall, the movie was quite a bit amateur and childish, but it's still funny and quite a fun movie experience. The plot was a bit weird and there was too much unfunny Chao, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong though, this movie is still worth your time.
  38. Sep 26, 2013
    Metascore don't even close to real rating for Hangover 3. It's funny, it's interesting, it's crazy and there is Zach Galifianakis! I can't prove that film really responsible for 10, but totally could say that ultimate metascore for Part 3- it's 8, and if i saw 5.6 now i need to rise score, so i put 10.

Film not for watching repeatedly 247, but one-two times perfect.
  39. Nov 11, 2013
    the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
    more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
    There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were treading on the same common ground. Zack galifikanisiicis delivers the one liners and Chow is back with a big part and made me laugh quite a few times. Sure it feels the same and we
    the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
    more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
    There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were
    treading on the same common ground. Zack galifikanisiicis delivers the one liners and Chow is back with a big part and made me laugh quite a few times. Sure it feels the same and we all want more but as far as comedies go the point is to make you laugh and this movie achieves that more than most other comedies and for that I feel its a success. The ending actually makes you wonder what a fourth movie would be like with the addition of a new character.
  40. Jun 7, 2013
    Comedy approach to Ocean's Eleven, so horrible they used well-written characters to themselves up so bad as if you're watching a new Family Guy episode. However, there is value in watching Alan grow and become a man.
  41. May 24, 2013
    In "The Hangover III," the mystery comes from a reinvented formula; there is no wedding or missing groomsman. No actual hangover to speak of, and a lack of scenarios fueled by alcohol from which to recover. Instead, the film is produced as more of a caper than a comedy. Despite not being 'good' movie: a litany of crude humor that becomes repetitive that falls flat for a majority of theIn "The Hangover III," the mystery comes from a reinvented formula; there is no wedding or missing groomsman. No actual hangover to speak of, and a lack of scenarios fueled by alcohol from which to recover. Instead, the film is produced as more of a caper than a comedy. Despite not being 'good' movie: a litany of crude humor that becomes repetitive that falls flat for a majority of the film, the third act does provide a few moments of genuine charm and appeal. And yes, this is a real stretch, but I'm trying.

The latest misadventures by the antisocial man-child Alan (Zach Galifianakis) cause buddies Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms), and Doug (Justin Bartha) to stage an intervention. But on their way to hand deliver Alan to a mental health clinic in Arizona, they experience an intervention of their own. The group is captured by crime kingpin Marshall (John Goodman), who needs their help in tracking down the fugitive Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong). Mr. Chow stole $21 million in gold bricks from Marshall, and pressing the "Wolfpack" into service may be the only means of recovery. In the meantime, he'll hold Doug for safekeeping.

"The Hangover III" is the most sentimental, (hence the finale), and yet the darkest of the franchise where the eccentricity doesn't always work as well as it should. To it's credit, there are some escapades and plot twists along the way (from Tijuana to Vegas), and it's never out right boring, all set to a bizarre soundtrack that incorporates Hanson, Danzig, and Schubert.

You get the feeling director Todd Philips would rather be making a straight-up action movie, as opposed to creating a string of comedic episodes. The onscreen disaffection of Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms reeks of paychecks already spent, leaving Zack Galifianakis to fill the void with material that works better around the margins. Ken Jeong reprises his role as a lunatic criminal with the bare minimum of effort. He appears more animated in the Bud Light commercials when compared to this outing. The post-credits epilogue does provide a truly twisted array of images, a fitting send-off for a series recognized as being the highest-grossing R-rated comedies of all time. This is in fact the end and it is what it is. We've had some good laughs. Let's part amicably.
  42. May 24, 2013
    The wolfpack still doesn't have the same feel as the first Hangover, but its main goal was to show it could revive itself from Hangover Part II and it totally did. Sure it might not have been very funny, but it added a weird psycho dark twist to the series. The critics are haters, Part III was bad but not that bad.
  43. Jun 6, 2014
    so the Hangover trilogy closes with "The Hangover Part III". i loved the first "Hangover" movie, it was hilarious! "Part II" was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first movie and it was just a rehash of the first one. so now, in 2013 they gave us "The Hangover Part III" where Alan's the main character this time. and Phil, Stu and Doug are taking him to get some help cause he's turningso the Hangover trilogy closes with "The Hangover Part III". i loved the first "Hangover" movie, it was hilarious! "Part II" was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first movie and it was just a rehash of the first one. so now, in 2013 they gave us "The Hangover Part III" where Alan's the main character this time. and Phil, Stu and Doug are taking him to get some help cause he's turning into an **** now, then they run into a gangster played by John Goodman who takes Doug and he's like "Find me Chow or Doug's dead!" and that's premise of "The Hangover Part III". what i liked about this movie, it's that they had the balls to take a different direction with this one, instead of rehashing it (like the second movie did). but, you'd think they'd put in better jokes to make it funnier, right? unfortunately, it's not really funny this time. it just feels like a dark heist movie of just them trying to find Chow. sure, it does have jokes and i did chuckle a few times in the movie, but the problem is that the jokes in this one fall completely flat and it's not really funny anymore. also, Alan used to be the lovable idiot in the first 2 movies, but in this one, he's a complete **** i get that they were trying to have a subplot of Alan growing as a person, but when you change his character for a different subplot in the movie, that doesn't fit and now Alan's an unlikable douche bag. and Chow used to be my favorite character in the first 2 movies. he was a hilarious Asian baddie that always had me dying in laughter (especially in the first movie). but the problem is that here he's an idiot like Alan and he's not really that funny anymore. and they kept hammering in the fact that Chow's outta his mind. okay, we get it! Chow's crazy, we get it! please, stop shoving that down our throats! as a whole, "The Hangover Part III" was a let down cause i was actually expecting a improvement over "Part II". but apparently, it's not. and i gotta say, i laughed more in the second movie than i did here. Expand
  44. Jun 18, 2013
    This movie was so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! And credit scene was probably the best part. Movie is hillarious and it had a lot of action!! Go see it and you wont regret. This is the best movie in triology for me!!!
  45. May 30, 2013
    DO NOT leave The Hangover Part III when the credits start to roll. You’ll miss one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. I work at a movie theater, and after every single showing of the movie I watch as impatient audience members rush for the exits only to miss the movie’s ridiculous stinger scene. Hold your pee for two more minutes (You don’t even have to wait until the creditsDO NOT leave The Hangover Part III when the credits start to roll. You’ll miss one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. I work at a movie theater, and after every single showing of the movie I watch as impatient audience members rush for the exits only to miss the movie’s ridiculous stinger scene. Hold your pee for two more minutes (You don’t even have to wait until the credits are completely over, as the scene comes in after only about 30 seconds of credits).

Unfortunately, for those who do make haste for the exit doors (and I can’t say I blame you for doing so) The Hangover Part III will be remembered for being…well…forgettable. It’s not a bad movie. It just isn’t a very funny one.

Read More http://www.recomedia.net/filmtv/the-hangover-part-iii-review/
  46. May 27, 2013
    It's 100 minutes of bad sex jokes, lazy acting and lazy production. It was almost like the director said before shooting, "Okay, let's get this over with."
  47. May 25, 2013
    I didn't think that The Hangover franchise could top the first two, what with the amazing Hangover, and the not as good, but still brilliant Hangover Part II, but Part III has easily topped the list for me. The Hangover Part III had all the charm of the first two, with some well-working undertones I didn't see coming. For example, I love the thriller aesthetic of the film. It really helpsI didn't think that The Hangover franchise could top the first two, what with the amazing Hangover, and the not as good, but still brilliant Hangover Part II, but Part III has easily topped the list for me. The Hangover Part III had all the charm of the first two, with some well-working undertones I didn't see coming. For example, I love the thriller aesthetic of the film. It really helps drive the story and tense moments forward. It almost reminds me of Taken. The story in this one is much better than the first two. As opposed to 'We got drunk so go to places and stuff and epiphany... wedding.' No this time we've got a creative, and easy to follow story. I won't spoil anything, but events of the first two are tied to the story in Part III. The soundtrack is absolutely awesome, and it helps accompany the overall atmosphere of the film, and the running comedy in the film kept me entertained for the entire film. The characters feel much better in the film, like Chow. I need to talk about Chow. Chow has been regarded as the funniest thing in the Hangover series. I agree with this, and thank Jesus he makes a comeback, and he's as entertaining as ever. I prefer the settings in this instalment too. Whilst the first two just felt like a ship in a bottle, Part III has quite a lot of varied, and much more visually beautiful. I could honestly go on or ages about what's good about the film. Seriously, it's that good. Is it cinematic perfection? Is this The Godfather of our generation? Have we discovered the best film ever made?... Well, no. Unfortunately no. But, it's still an awesome film, and I recommend it to anyone, even if you haven't seen the first two. So I must now talk about it's flaws, so here's a quick list: some of the voice acting is still a little plain, and there were a few plot holes I noticed that bugged me. Also some of the characters I wanted to see come back, like Mike Tyson. They kept teasing at him being in it, and actually promised him being in it... where was he? I'm not sure if I missed him, but either way, it's sad to see him gone. But even these few small problems which I struggled to find, don't remove from the overall feel of the film. So, the final score is a 9. Now this film is definitely a competitor for best film of the year, and it's definitely the best film this year. But the few problems with the film prevent it from getting a 10/10, because I just can't give a flawed but legendary film a perfect score. But either way, go see for yourself. I recommend a million times over. Ignore the critics, we users are here to tell the truth. Expand
  48. May 23, 2013
    This is a perfect ending to The Hangover trilogy. The reason a lot of people dislike it is because it's extremely different in tone from the rest of the series. However, I think this is a good thing. It has the perfect ending as well. Just go see this movie. Don't judge it based on its reviews. If you're a fan of the first two, you'll certainly like this.
  49. May 24, 2013
    As long as you don't take anything too seriously in this movie you will have a good time. All of the movies are great but it is still stupid comedy and if you are expecting some spark of genius from a hangover movie then yes you will be disappointed. Saying that, I'm glad I went. It is hard not to laugh at the groups crazy adventures and hangover 3 was a fitting end to the story.
  50. May 28, 2013
    This movie is a easy slide-back to the first and an ode to humor movies. Everything is bigger and faster and for some it might not work, but as a fan of both the previous movies of the series, I can say this wraps it up nicely. The hangover part three is a funny movie, you've just got to be willing to laugh, you know?
  51. May 28, 2013
    If you love these actors looking at each other not entertaining or doing anything you may like this film. But if you expect an exciting or funny film, you will be extremely disappointed. Yes this does tie up the trilogy but in the worst way possible.
  52. Jun 4, 2013
    If you are looking for a movie which just makes you laugh & has no storyline then this is the perfect movie for you. However when you consider the 1st and even the 2nd Hangover movies in comparison to this movie then it is awful.

It has tried too much to relate to the first movie which if it was done correctly would work very well. However it has not been done correctly. I would recommend watching this film, but more than once would be pointless.
  53. Jun 5, 2013
    Woah! Pump the brakes Todd Phillips! Yes, "The Hangover" was funny. That doesn't constitute making that same movie over and over again. The jokes have now been over done, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to re-watch the original without being reminded of the garbage that followed. Even "Due Date" felt like a carbon copy of "The Hangover". Try some originality my friend. Definitely #skipit
  54. Jun 9, 2013
    If you liked the previous two you'll love this one.It definitely has a unique spin from the previous too.And just when you think it over at the end just wait a bit your in for a surprise!
  55. Jun 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is a disgrace to the franchise as there simply is no Hangover I thought that there would be another wedding for the fat guy as in the end he gets married anyways Expand
  56. Jun 21, 2013
    This is a movie with people that have too much time on there hands. I think it is very unrealistic. I would warn people to not waste there money. This movie is for the people that have no life and basic losers.
  57. Jun 21, 2013
    Wow, I thought being a Friday night, I would sit down with my two kids, 9 and 12, and watch hangover 3, we saw the first two and thought they were funny. Who in their right mind thinks it's funny that a giraffe loses it head on the freeway. It just goes to show how sick society has become, especially in the U.S.A, where so much violence is except-able, that this can be classed as comedy.Wow, I thought being a Friday night, I would sit down with my two kids, 9 and 12, and watch hangover 3, we saw the first two and thought they were funny. Who in their right mind thinks it's funny that a giraffe loses it head on the freeway. It just goes to show how sick society has become, especially in the U.S.A, where so much violence is except-able, that this can be classed as comedy.
    With no encouragement from me, my two kids did not want to continue watching the movie and I don't blame them. If there is a fourth hangover, I will not buy it and I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  58. Jun 30, 2013
    People try to tell me that "Hangover III" is a good one guess what. It isn't. Odie Henderson wrote that it's more like "Alain's Eleven" and that actually nails it. Besides of that fact, it has nothing to do with a "Hangover"-movie at all.
  59. Jul 10, 2013
    The movie tries to take a different direction from the previous, but it only makes it unfunny, silly and really boring. Still, it's nice to see Galifianakis.
  60. Oct 9, 2013
    I think its fun to watch.Really a great movie to watch.Alan doing a great job.excellent to watch ...i think todd doing great and should be proud of himself.
  61. Nov 11, 2013
    This was an absolutely amazing film, I couldn't stop laughing throughout. Full of many hilarious and awesome scenes. Definitely watch it, as well as the first 2 movies.
  62. May 13, 2014
    There is a reason why these films are called a Hangover and that is that watching them is like being a Hangover. The first one pulled it off in a good way with us experiencing it with them but now its mostly me getting the Hangover in that I’ll sit there and watch these sequels and then forget what happened in them and not because I was drugged but because there is nothing worthThere is a reason why these films are called a Hangover and that is that watching them is like being a Hangover. The first one pulled it off in a good way with us experiencing it with them but now its mostly me getting the Hangover in that I’ll sit there and watch these sequels and then forget what happened in them and not because I was drugged but because there is nothing worth remembering in these sequels. I guess this one is slightly better than the last one in that it wasn’t a total rehash and I was kind of curious in what was going on but in all honesty there is no point to these sequels and I feel like I’ve wasted my time watching them when there are tons of other movies out there that I could be watching instead. All I can say is that I’m glad this franchise is over because I would not be able to stand another Hangover film. If you are a die-hard Hangover fan (in that you actually liked the second one) give this one a shot you’ll probably be cool with it. If you are one of those people who isn’t a big Hangover fan and/or didn’t like the second one than you shouldn’t check this one out. Even if you just want to watch it to finish up the Hangover movies I’d say skip it because this movie is pointless. Hollywood just cranked this movie out to milk the franchise for what it was worth and they are ending it because they realized that one more movie is all they’ll have. I think the best part about this movie is that this hopefully will be the end. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to pretend the sequels don’t exist and just stick to the original because this is a trilogy that should only have one installment. Expand
  63. May 28, 2013
    Some people are taking this movie for far more than it was intended to be. It wasn't terrible and funny. If you are thinking of seeing it, do it, you'll laugh and have a good time. But if you are going to be over analytically, you a not going to enjoy, so calm down, and learn to ease up.
  64. May 18, 2014
    Is it really a Hangover movie when there isn't a hangover? Much like the second movie this entry moves away from humor in order to focus on a darker more violent story. There are no laughs to be found here, just one or two light chuckles. It honestly feels like it's trying to be some sort of crime-thriller type movie, the problem is it just doesn't have any thrills.

Rather than trying

Rather than trying to come up with funny moments, the film just throws shocking and violent moments out there with the hopes of keeping viewers entertained. The story is darker and more violent, and because of that sucks all of the humor out of the movie. For whatever reason the writers made Alan (Galifianakis), who was funny in the first movie, completely insufferable and totally unlikable. The amount of animal cruelty here is obscene and just all round awful. This just all around is not an enjoyable, funny, or interesting movie in any way.

Regardless of whether or not you were a fan of the first two Hangover movies (I was) you should avoid this one at all costs. It's clear that the only reason this third movie even exists is just to cash in on the Hangover name. It's a complete and utter waste of time, and I in no way know what the people behind this movie were thinking. My total score is a 2.4/10=Awful.
  65. Jul 2, 2013
    It All Ends. And if Todd Phillips and co are to be believed this is the final instalment of the wolfpac. Many were disappointed with Part 2, so i'd probably be in the minority but I thoroughly enjoyed it so I was optimistic for the closing chapter. This time around however, they've changed the format. Now wedding. No hangover, well initially! The films opening sequence echoes Shawshank asIt All Ends. And if Todd Phillips and co are to be believed this is the final instalment of the wolfpac. Many were disappointed with Part 2, so i'd probably be in the minority but I thoroughly enjoyed it so I was optimistic for the closing chapter. This time around however, they've changed the format. Now wedding. No hangover, well initially! The films opening sequence echoes Shawshank as Mr Chow escapes prison but it switches to Alan, much like the attention of the film. After the sudden death of his father the Wolfpac is reunited by Doug who encourages "the 3 best friends" to stage an intervention in order to help Alan. However, as to the usual formula it doesn't quite go to plan. They are ambushed by a familiar character and a new villain of the piece Marshall (John Goodman) who demand the Wolfpac bring him Lesley Chow. Form their the madness unfolds and in typical Hangover fashion nothing ever goes to plan. Thankfully this film gives Zach Galifiniakis his turn in the limelight as he delivers his best performance as Alan to date and is undoubtedly the star of the show. You can't not love Alan Garner! Galifiniakis has made him such a loved and cherished character but in Part 3 we are shown knew depths for him. There's the stereotypicsl, ingenious Alan LOL moments that we have come to expect and love and in many ways he is the cornerstone for the films as he's reliable as always but this is Alan's story this time round. Bradley Cooper is back as mr. cool, Phil Wennick. As usual he's dependable but is not often involved to a certain extent which is a shame because his relationship with Alan has always been awesome! Ed Helms was at the forefront in Part 2 and still delivers the goods as Dr. Stu Price but is often underused in the finale! He was hilarious in the second outing but those moments are few and far between. Ken Jeong is back as Mr Chow and thus time in a much larger role. Chow has always been a hit! And proves to be again. He still provides those funny moments in abundance. There's also an appearance from Bridesmaids Melissa McCarthy as the future Mrs Alan Garner. To be honest, Alan truly saves this film. It's not an abomination but it's not same Hangover we have come to love. It's a much more risky outing this time as it takes it to more darker and dangerous territory. The change in approach will divide the Hangover fans but it works. To a certain extent. The LOL moments aren't as frequent as before and at times it can be dull but Alan is the heart and soul and the decision to put him at the centre of attention enables this film to succeed. It's not the ending anticipated but it's satisfying and very appropriate. Particularly if you stay beyond the end credits. Vintage hangover!! Collapse
  66. Jun 23, 2013
    The Hangover 'series' is always a cash grab, sequels that are produced because their predecessors are so successful. While I am never a fan of the series, Part 3 at least tries to be different, with great chemistry between the casts. Highlight as always is Jeong, in one of his definitive role as crazy Leslie Chow. Looking at the box office result of this installment, audiences are not asThe Hangover 'series' is always a cash grab, sequels that are produced because their predecessors are so successful. While I am never a fan of the series, Part 3 at least tries to be different, with great chemistry between the casts. Highlight as always is Jeong, in one of his definitive role as crazy Leslie Chow. Looking at the box office result of this installment, audiences are not as keen as before, but certainly still made this flick a worldwide hit. Expand
  67. Jan 22, 2014
    I would say, the Godfather of comedy, being sold as parts 1,2 and now 3. Wow, what a surprise with 2 sequels in the series. They're all funny and have their own enjoyment, but I feel the last 2 movies have weak story lines and could have been squeezed together. Hangover Part 3 was enjoyable for me but alike the previous film doesn't aspire but feeds inspiration of past events. It's sadlyI would say, the Godfather of comedy, being sold as parts 1,2 and now 3. Wow, what a surprise with 2 sequels in the series. They're all funny and have their own enjoyment, but I feel the last 2 movies have weak story lines and could have been squeezed together. Hangover Part 3 was enjoyable for me but alike the previous film doesn't aspire but feeds inspiration of past events. It's sadly just a money grab to make sequels because all in all Hangover 3, alike the Godfather is the weakest of the three. Expand
  68. Jul 29, 2013
    The acting is solid, There are bits of comedy through out but no where near as funny as the previous films (well you may get a chuckle but you won't burst out laughing). The plot is solid as well and ties in well with the previous films. The biggest disappointment by far is lack of Mike Tyson, They had a part in the film where they go into a house with a skinned Tiger rug on the couch, ItThe acting is solid, There are bits of comedy through out but no where near as funny as the previous films (well you may get a chuckle but you won't burst out laughing). The plot is solid as well and ties in well with the previous films. The biggest disappointment by far is lack of Mike Tyson, They had a part in the film where they go into a house with a skinned Tiger rug on the couch, It would have been perfectly for a Tyson plug in there but sadly he was a no show.

Overall, while The Hangover Part 3 doesn't do any one thing good, It does solid on all levels and it was a very fitting end to the series. Critics were far too harsh on this movie, It was far better then what they made it out to be.
  69. May 26, 2013
    Better than the second, but it doesn't live up to the original. But even with a similar formula, locations, and acting, the film still manages to be funny and somewhat unique. Points for Galifinakis' performance, which was as good as it's ever been, although Idid find a few of his scenes more awkward than funny.
  70. Dec 9, 2013
    A funny action adventure that is weirdly endearing. People claim that is tries to be much darker or serious than the other ones, but it is still silly fun. The movie certainly redeemed itself from the 2nd one.
  71. Aug 8, 2013
    The Wolfpack is back. Someone please tell them to go home.

The Wolfpack is back. Someone please tell them to go home.

Todd Philips returns to direct The Hangover series with his last entry (hopefully). The movie follows Stu, Phil, and Alan (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis) once again on another crazy adventure except this time…they don’t even get hungover! What’s up with that? Instead, these guys have to track down Leslie Chow, their old “friend” from the first two movies, to steal a large amount of money from him to give to Marshal, a Kingpin of some sorts per say. After the plot unravels, I felt this movie had a chance but it just went straight downhill and did not come back up. The movie did not even feel like a comedy, something even The Hangover: Part II seemed to do right. Instead, this movie felt like kind of a crappy action-thriller. There were precisely two scenes I can remember from this movie that made me laugh, besides the parts already shown in the trailer. I did enjoy the few scenes where they revisited places from the original movie because that’s where all the sweet memories lie of this series, to be honest. The movie is about an hour and a half but the whole time, I really was just waiting for the movie to be over with. Todd Philips, The Hangover was brilliant. Even The Hangover: Part II had more laughs than this film…please let this series be over with.
  72. Jun 3, 2013
    The first was a fresh concept, the second feels kinda repetitive and the third one was okay. Overall, Hangover III didn't live up to the original film but still better than its predecessor. The movie basically revisits the element of the Hangover with tweaks here and there. Some scene feels kinda off, forced and unfunny, while others are one of the hilarious scene in the trilogy. It's aThe first was a fresh concept, the second feels kinda repetitive and the third one was okay. Overall, Hangover III didn't live up to the original film but still better than its predecessor. The movie basically revisits the element of the Hangover with tweaks here and there. Some scene feels kinda off, forced and unfunny, while others are one of the hilarious scene in the trilogy. It's a decent movie and an okay finale of the Wolf Pack's adventures saga, just don't expect too much from it. Expand
  73. Jun 3, 2013
    Can't say this is hallarious or as good as the previous parts (as is the case with most sequels). It was a bit slower to develop the plot and certainly darker. It is structured almost exactly as the others, which doesn't give too many surprises or laughs. John Goodman was a good addition. Worth a watch.
  74. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Minor spoilers, very minor. Less than the trailers give away. Hangover III is much better than Hangover II, but not quite as good as the original, but the original's a classic. What do you expect? The Hangover Part III is a solid and at times hilarious sequel. I don't get all the negative reviews at all. The plot? Chow stole money from John Goodman. John Goodman knows the gang has a connection to Chow, so takes their pal (same one who went missing in the first movie) and threatens to kill them if they don't deliver Chow to him. It's funny from start to finish. Expand
  75. Aug 20, 2013
    Hollywood really shouldn't have made more than one Hangover movie, and we shouldn't be encouraging them by watching.

Boring, unoriginal, cringe-worthy drivel. Total garbage.
  76. May 28, 2013
    This film was funny, which is what it intended to be. It wrapped up the trilogy well, as you would expect. But the dialogue in some places was awful and performances from all round were average. If you find Chow funny and want a laugh, then see this. If not, then give it a miss.
  77. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow the Original Hangover was a classic, and part 3 is not as good, but it`s not as bad as the rating. I think people people are just comparing it to the original to much. It does start off slow, but in my opinion once it gets going it turn into a fun adventure.I will say they forgot to go with the title until the end after some of the credits. Expand
  78. Jun 5, 2013
    This movie is ok. What i dont like about the third part is that its not about drinking too much and have a hangover. So for me Hangover 1/2 were better because of that it was way more chaotic and "what the hell" effect. But the third part is still funny itself. Its a great comedy movie.
  79. Nov 3, 2013
    Outrageous and sometimes hilarious, but for the most part its a retread of the events/scenarios of the previous Hangover films with only the setting being the newest addition and biggest difference. The acting is great and I am most fond of Zach Galifianakis reprising his role as Allen who is clearly the best character of the wolfpack. This is not a very good sequel.
  80. Jun 16, 2013
    The third and Final chapter in the trilogy unfortunately falls short and doesn't match the first two films. While it was a good stand-alone film I think it had potential to be a lot better and just didn't follow the format we grew to love from the first two films (which perhaps some will like). Props to that final scene when the credits role because that made up for some of it, but overallThe third and Final chapter in the trilogy unfortunately falls short and doesn't match the first two films. While it was a good stand-alone film I think it had potential to be a lot better and just didn't follow the format we grew to love from the first two films (which perhaps some will like). Props to that final scene when the credits role because that made up for some of it, but overall I was disappointed being such a big fan of the series, but still it had it's moments Expand
  81. Jul 8, 2013
    Really bizarre... it didn't even focus on comedy and seemed like a caper flick. I can somewhat commend them for trying harder than they did in Part II, but The Hangover should have never been a trilogy.
  82. Jun 9, 2013
    It is missing The Hangover feeling, getting lost not knowing whats happening from last night, but it is still stand out as an independent follow up conclusion to The Hangover franchise which they are really good, although it is less funnier than the previous two but it is still better than the second but can't match the first Hangover movie which was a true Masterpiece.
  83. May 25, 2013
    The Hangover Part III is a heist movie. I went there for a laugh and that's exactly what I got. It did have a darker approach to the trilogy. Alan and Chow stole the show and were 95% the comedy with some hilarious one-liners. I was glad to see The Wolf Pack back. However it didn't really build momentum and the movie was pretty straight forward. Nobody actually gets hungover until afterThe Hangover Part III is a heist movie. I went there for a laugh and that's exactly what I got. It did have a darker approach to the trilogy. Alan and Chow stole the show and were 95% the comedy with some hilarious one-liners. I was glad to see The Wolf Pack back. However it didn't really build momentum and the movie was pretty straight forward. Nobody actually gets hungover until after the credits. I want another Hangover film! Expand
  84. Sep 2, 2014
    "Someone needs to burn this place to the ground." - Stu

Poor, very poor film. I really like comedy movies, but this.....

**************************
  85. Jul 8, 2013
    The Hangover trilogy came to an end. Sort of. The Hangover Part 3 is the newest addition to the trilogy that was the most absurd and funniest of all Todd Philips movies. Surprisingly, Philips directed all the movies in this series including this one- as well? This isn't the Philips I remember! Part 2 was the worst movie in this trilogy but part 3 is both bad and funny- have some laughs butThe Hangover trilogy came to an end. Sort of. The Hangover Part 3 is the newest addition to the trilogy that was the most absurd and funniest of all Todd Philips movies. Surprisingly, Philips directed all the movies in this series including this one- as well? This isn't the Philips I remember! Part 2 was the worst movie in this trilogy but part 3 is both bad and funny- have some laughs but don't expect Part 1 from this average comedy. And I wish there was an actual Hangover this time- the gag at the end is super hilarious! Stick in for that! Expand
  86. Jun 5, 2013
    "The Hangover" was original, and "The Hangover: Part Two" was a somewhat exact, though slightly less amusing copy of the first one. "The Hangover: Part Three" is a bit of both. The first two parts get explained a bit more in depth as the wolfpack, once more of course, gets put on an unchosen quest to save their friend Dough, what, for the third time, is a bit absurd. It's not the humor"The Hangover" was original, and "The Hangover: Part Two" was a somewhat exact, though slightly less amusing copy of the first one. "The Hangover: Part Three" is a bit of both. The first two parts get explained a bit more in depth as the wolfpack, once more of course, gets put on an unchosen quest to save their friend Dough, what, for the third time, is a bit absurd. It's not the humor that makes this movie as great as it is, however, but this movie makes you realise that you'll actually miss the Wolfpack, and will leave you with a surprisingly positive, yet emotional feeling that you wouldn't expect to have from a comedy like this. Expand
  87. Oct 24, 2013
    This movie wasn't actually terrible. I probably liked it more because I expected it would be terrible. I actually enjoyed it and it made me laugh. It is definitely not the first Hangover but was better than a lot of recent comedies. I am a fan of Ken Jeong from Community so I enjoy his character. With watching if you've seen the other two.
  88. Jun 26, 2013
    The Hangover Part 3 deviates from the tried and tested formula of the first that was shamelessly repeated in the second. Instead the film focuses on the wolf pack hunting down Chow. The film once again give Doug the short end of the stick as instead of developing his character he is left on the sidelines (if it isn't broken, I suppose.) The problem is the fact this film is full of Chow whoThe Hangover Part 3 deviates from the tried and tested formula of the first that was shamelessly repeated in the second. Instead the film focuses on the wolf pack hunting down Chow. The film once again give Doug the short end of the stick as instead of developing his character he is left on the sidelines (if it isn't broken, I suppose.) The problem is the fact this film is full of Chow who i find annoying so the film quickly got on my nerves. It was also unintentionally hilarious to watch bradley cooper in this film as he seems to look annoyed with himself for doing the film which he is now clearly better than, and he seems to show that with a very irate performance of the character throughout. Whilst most would agree that the formula was old I believe that if they had done an extreme version of the premise it would have been funnier than this film which produces barely a chuckle. Conversely I felt that the focus on character growth was nice to see after literately none in prior films.
    Rating 5 out of 10
    This is clearly the hangover of the franchise
  89. Jun 1, 2013
    Other than Alan's Ave Maria, this END is piece of F**K! Only got here Mr. Chow's gay act and jokes like smelling Stu's butt. Thank goodness this series got a full stop.
  90. May 30, 2013
    & yet again I'm amazed with some critics(first "Hobbit", now this). "Hangover 3" takes turn toward more serious comedy, characters are well established, main story is surprisingly engaging, humor is also well placed. Yes it has problems, but not deep enough to rate this 3 out 10, that's ridiculous.
  91. May 27, 2013
    Before walking in to this movie THIS MOVIE IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL. Okay now thats done this movie is funny at times but the story is so crazy that you get invested into it. But during the middle of the movie there is something that might turn people off if you can handle it you well like this movie ALSO STAY DURING THE CREDITS A VERY FUNNY SCENE ALL WELL ENJOy
  92. May 31, 2013
    While Zach Galifianakis is on top form in this finale to The Hangover franchise, and also, the incredibly funny post-credits scene, I'm afraid nothing can stop this film from just being a stretch too far. While Todd Phillips takes a different approach to Part 3, it can't improve on the previous installment and potentially is even worse than Part 2. I'm afraid that while Warner BrosWhile Zach Galifianakis is on top form in this finale to The Hangover franchise, and also, the incredibly funny post-credits scene, I'm afraid nothing can stop this film from just being a stretch too far. While Todd Phillips takes a different approach to Part 3, it can't improve on the previous installment and potentially is even worse than Part 2. I'm afraid that while Warner Bros probably got it financially correct by making The Hangover into a franchise, they should have had The Hangover as a singular masterpiece in comedic film making and left the critically acclaimed film to be loved and remembered for the right reasons and not for the flops that spawned the great creation. Expand
  93. May 24, 2013
    The audience at the screening I attended laughed at all the most blatant jokes and anything remotely crude was met with silence and disapproval. This definitely didn't help me get 'into the mood' as clearly most of the people there had no fünke idea what the series is about. Hangover I & II were vile but hilarious (if that was your thing), in III the comedy has been curbed to no end. CheapThe audience at the screening I attended laughed at all the most blatant jokes and anything remotely crude was met with silence and disapproval. This definitely didn't help me get 'into the mood' as clearly most of the people there had no fünke idea what the series is about. Hangover I & II were vile but hilarious (if that was your thing), in III the comedy has been curbed to no end. Cheap and soulless, it really is all about the money.

Most of the dialogue is garbage and the f-bomb is dropped rarely (compared to the previous films.) Alan's odd, creepy behaviour and dialogue has been replaced with bratty quips. Focusing the film on Alan effectively ruined it, as the character is at his best when he is kept back in reserve: "She's a Monet." The producers obviously wanted to throw in John Goodman for the hell of it and he does his best Paul Vitti impression whilst swearing continuously through his bottom lip.

Pt. III deviates from the norm of the first two in a big way and it is always good to mix up the palette... Not with arse brown though. Don't bother.
  94. Nov 9, 2014
    The third and last installment of the Hangover saga gives far too much screen time to the increasingly obnoxious Alan character. Erroneously described as a “man-child”, Alan seems to be a borderline narcissist psychopath. The plot includes plenty of cruelty against animals, abuse of the elderly and shocking lies (such as telling a child you are his father when you are not).
  95. Jun 5, 2013
    Not as good as the other two, but it's far from being a bad movie.
    If you like the other two movies, there is no way you won't enjoy this one. A very fair ending to the wolf pack!
  96. May 26, 2013
    Some funny bits but overall not what I was expecting. Worth a watch but Part 1 is still the best in the trilogy. It's nice to see closure for the characters but felt like a cheap heist movie and not the comedy that the hangover should be.
  97. May 26, 2013
    If the movie trailers and the posters live up to their promise, this is the end for The Wolfpack as we know it. Director Todd Phillips has proclaimed The Hangover Part III as the epic finale of one of the most polarizing franchises of all time. Not disliking Part II myself, as much as everyone else, I still held reservations against Part III. Going in with low expectations, I can say thatIf the movie trailers and the posters live up to their promise, this is the end for The Wolfpack as we know it. Director Todd Phillips has proclaimed The Hangover Part III as the epic finale of one of the most polarizing franchises of all time. Not disliking Part II myself, as much as everyone else, I still held reservations against Part III. Going in with low expectations, I can say that The Hangover Part III makes up for the disastrous Part II, but comes nowhere near the level of the original.

The tone is set in a much darker place. A real life is in serious peril with Marshall threatening to kill Doug unless they bring him Chow. This plot development is a fantastic way to tie all three movies together, but it rarely finds a way to works itself in with the subplot of Alan needing mental help. Drifting away from the trouble with Alan to focus on finding Chow, there is never a feeling of urgency to anything that makes us care for Doug's safety, which ultimately lessens Alan's story.

As Part III begins as a cry for help from Alan, we never see a progression of his change until the very end when he meets Melissa McCarthy. Her scene with Alan makes more sense as a gag than an actual instrument to influence the character. This moment is way too forced and is resolved too quickly. However, it is nice to see Phil and Stu bring a calm balance to the overly exhausted random acts of words that spew out of Alan's mouth. These actors have a great chemistry together, but nothing in this story helps grow these characters from what we know of them already.

On the other hand, Mr. Chow is a greater force to be reckoned with this time around and you can actually tell how threatening and sly he can be. And although Jeong works well in Part III, his atrocious accent and Asian caricature is still unbearable. John Goodman is a decent commanding villain, but is never given much to do. What irritates me about his threat is that since they are in the U.S. The Wolfpack never bother to call the cops or are given an ultimatum by Marshall, which lacks tension.

For a sequel that no one really asked for, Part III does a reasonable job at clinging on to audiences that have not lost faith in the franchise. Unfortunately it was an uphill battle from the beginning after Part II left its mark. You could, however, skip Part II and hardly miss a beat aside from one joke. Almost every element of the first film is re-introduced in the third to bring the trilogy together in a neat little package. Even little Carlos makes an appearance, and it happens to be the most genuine scene in the movie.

The movie is visually slick, like any under Todd Phillips' belt, he uses every ounce of his budget to his advantage. With what comedy there is, the timing from every actor is just as smooth as ever. Again, Phillips makes use of a killer soundtrack and fits it well into each scene. There is a rendition of "Hurt" from Nine Inch Nails that would make the band cringe, but it is timed perfectly for this film. "Dark Fantasy" by Kanye West, "Down in Mexico" by The Coasters, and many others work in favor of the film keeping up a high energy.

Helms, Galifianakis, and Cooper have gotten their character dynamics as The Wolfpack down to a science. As much as it hurts to see these actors fill the shoes of these characters again because it feels like they're in it for the paycheck they all do a great job running through the motions. I did have a good chuckle here and there, but most of those moments have been easily forgotten. There are some clever elements that I enjoyed, but for the most part this movie is bland and fails to elevate the franchise one inch.

And even though the stakes are much higher this time, it never really appears like anyone cares about the safety of Doug and his kidnapping is one more annoyance they have to suffer through to find a happy ending. Doug's kidnapping is basically used as a running gag at this point to keep him out of the film. What I would have liked to see is for Todd Phillips to completely depart from this franchise, maintain the same rules, and try something daring to give us something fresh for these characters to do.

Fans of The Hangover won't be entirely disappointed by Part III as much as they were with Part II. By no means does it reach the same caliber of the first, but it is coherent enough to work as an subpar sequel. At no point does Part III feel like an enjoyable farewell experience, and that's a shame. The actors make this film entertaining enough to get by, but The Hangover Part III never succeeds in being anything more than a way to cleanly tie up loose ends.
  98. Dec 13, 2014
    In truth, it is a poor attempt at an action movie. The story is ridiculous as is the lack of an actual hangover until the credits. But what makes it appealing is the fact that it ties up the hangover adventures in the preposterous way we expected. We will miss the hangover heroes but perhaps it's good they've gone, as the trilogy has gone downhill as it's gone on. This is Mr. Chow's finestIn truth, it is a poor attempt at an action movie. The story is ridiculous as is the lack of an actual hangover until the credits. But what makes it appealing is the fact that it ties up the hangover adventures in the preposterous way we expected. We will miss the hangover heroes but perhaps it's good they've gone, as the trilogy has gone downhill as it's gone on. This is Mr. Chow's finest chapter but certainly not the wolf pack's. It's not a patch on the first film in the trilogy, but if your a fan, see how it concludes. Expand
  99. May 31, 2013
    It was funny but it wasn't the funniest hangover part.
    But the most reviews gives it a low rating but i think that isn't fair.
    So i give it a 7.
    Hangover 2 was the best part and Hangover 3 was the baddest part but also funny.

1. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Jun 6, 2013
    The Hangover Part III plays more like a caper film — “Alan’s Eleven,” perhaps — than a comedy. While Phillips ably handles the action sequences, he and co-screenwriter Craig Mazin can’t juggle both genres in the screenplay.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Rose
    May 27, 2013
    This is less a caper than a trudge; a linear adventure that proceeds in fits and starts, with few surprises and fewer laughs. There's barely even a hangover.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    May 23, 2013
    Not just bad, but weirdly, fascinatingly bad.