5.4

1. Sep 26, 2013
    Metascore don't even close to real rating for Hangover 3. It's funny, it's interesting, it's crazy and there is Zach Galifianakis! I can't prove that film really responsible for 10, but totally could say that ultimate metascore for Part 3- it's 8, and if i saw 5.6 now i need to rise score, so i put 10.

Film not for watching repeatedly 247, but one-two times perfect.
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
    more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
    There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were treading on the same common ground. Zack galifikanisiicis delivers the one liners and Chow is back with a big part and made me laugh quite a few times. Sure it feels the same and we
    the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
    more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
    There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were
    treading on the same common ground. Zack galifikanisiicis delivers the one liners and Chow is back with a big part and made me laugh quite a few times. Sure it feels the same and we all want more but as far as comedies go the point is to make you laugh and this movie achieves that more than most other comedies and for that I feel its a success. The ending actually makes you wonder what a fourth movie would be like with the addition of a new character.
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    I think its fun to watch.Really a great movie to watch.Alan doing a great job.excellent to watch ...i think todd doing great and should be proud of himself.
  4. Nov 11, 2013
    This was an absolutely amazing film, I couldn't stop laughing throughout. Full of many hilarious and awesome scenes. Definitely watch it, as well as the first 2 movies.
  5. May 24, 2013
    Better than the second, but doesn't live up to the first (though anything like that will be incredibly difficult to recreate). If you like any of The Hangover movies, you'll certainly enjoy this one. The tone definitely takes a turn, and becomes more darker and awkward with Zach Galifianakis (Alan) and Ken Jeong (Chow) leading the crew. Make sure to stay after the credits too, just a fewBetter than the second, but doesn't live up to the first (though anything like that will be incredibly difficult to recreate). If you like any of The Hangover movies, you'll certainly enjoy this one. The tone definitely takes a turn, and becomes more darker and awkward with Zach Galifianakis (Alan) and Ken Jeong (Chow) leading the crew. Make sure to stay after the credits too, just a few seconds after the film's end lies the funniest moment that had my jaw dropped for a moment. The cast is all really solid, and I really was intrigued as the plot went on. There is a little bit of drag and the comedy comes to me as small laughs rather than huge gags or hilarious one liners. The critics definitely aren't fans of this film, but to me, I left the theater feeling pleased. It's a solid end to The Hangover series and Wolf Pack, and much much better than went I left after viewing it's predecessor; Hangover Part II. Expand
  6. May 25, 2013
    THE HANGOVER III
    The Hangover III was directed by Todd Phillips (The Hangover) and stars Zack Galifianakis (The Campaign), Bradley Cooper (Silver Linings Playbook), Ed Helms (The Office), and Ken Jeong (Community).
    THE HANGOVER III

In this reportedly final installment of the Hangover trilogy, the Wolfpack has an intervention for Alan (Galifianakis) after he causes a horrific accident and shuts down a major freeway. They set out on a road trip to a rehabilitation center in Arizona, but their journey is interrupted by an angry gangster known as Marshall, played by John Goodman (The Big Lebowski). Marshall has tracked the Wolfpack's old nemesis, Mr. Chow (Jeong), back to Alan. Marshall forces the Wolfpack to find Chow in order to retrieve millions of dollars of gold that Chow has stolen from him.

Thankfully, the makers of this film did not rehash the first Hangover like they did in the sequel. It has a unique storyline and ties in pretty well with the other two films in the series. It starts out with some big laughs, but fails to cause the riotous laughter throughout the movie like the original.

Zack Galifianakis and Ken Jeong are the main focus of the story and are responsible for nearly all of the humor in the film. There is one scene where Galifianakis and Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) experience love at first sight and it results in one of the best scenes of the movie. Ed Helms and Bradley Cooper's characters, while along for the ride, seem almost non-existent in this film.

I did find myself laughing throughout many parts of the movie, but at other times I became bored with the story. By then end, I was slightly disappointed. I couldn't be too disappointed compared to how bad I thought the second Hangover was. This one is far better than the second, but not near as good as the first.

If you do venture out to see this movie, make sure to wait for the scene during the credits. It is undoubtedly the funniest part of the movie.

You will probably think this film is okay if you liked the first Hangover, but if you liked the second one, you will love it.

My Grade for this film: B-

To view a breakdown of my grades, go to: facebook.com/CriticWes
    To view my movie blog, go to: http://www.mix93.com/pages/16393587.php?
  7. Jun 25, 2013
    Better than The Hangover part II but not as good as the original. My real grade for this movie is 9.5. If you really like The Hangover franchise you should really see this movie.
  8. May 25, 2013
    I didn't think that The Hangover franchise could top the first two, what with the amazing Hangover, and the not as good, but still brilliant Hangover Part II, but Part III has easily topped the list for me. The Hangover Part III had all the charm of the first two, with some well-working undertones I didn't see coming. For example, I love the thriller aesthetic of the film. It really helpsI didn't think that The Hangover franchise could top the first two, what with the amazing Hangover, and the not as good, but still brilliant Hangover Part II, but Part III has easily topped the list for me. The Hangover Part III had all the charm of the first two, with some well-working undertones I didn't see coming. For example, I love the thriller aesthetic of the film. It really helps drive the story and tense moments forward. It almost reminds me of Taken. The story in this one is much better than the first two. As opposed to 'We got drunk so go to places and stuff and epiphany... wedding.' No this time we've got a creative, and easy to follow story. I won't spoil anything, but events of the first two are tied to the story in Part III. The soundtrack is absolutely awesome, and it helps accompany the overall atmosphere of the film, and the running comedy in the film kept me entertained for the entire film. The characters feel much better in the film, like Chow. I need to talk about Chow. Chow has been regarded as the funniest thing in the Hangover series. I agree with this, and thank Jesus he makes a comeback, and he's as entertaining as ever. I prefer the settings in this instalment too. Whilst the first two just felt like a ship in a bottle, Part III has quite a lot of varied, and much more visually beautiful. I could honestly go on or ages about what's good about the film. Seriously, it's that good. Is it cinematic perfection? Is this The Godfather of our generation? Have we discovered the best film ever made?... Well, no. Unfortunately no. But, it's still an awesome film, and I recommend it to anyone, even if you haven't seen the first two. So I must now talk about it's flaws, so here's a quick list: some of the voice acting is still a little plain, and there were a few plot holes I noticed that bugged me. Also some of the characters I wanted to see come back, like Mike Tyson. They kept teasing at him being in it, and actually promised him being in it... where was he? I'm not sure if I missed him, but either way, it's sad to see him gone. But even these few small problems which I struggled to find, don't remove from the overall feel of the film. So, the final score is a 9. Now this film is definitely a competitor for best film of the year, and it's definitely the best film this year. But the few problems with the film prevent it from getting a 10/10, because I just can't give a flawed but legendary film a perfect score. But either way, go see for yourself. I recommend a million times over. Ignore the critics, we users are here to tell the truth. Expand
  9. May 24, 2013
    As long as you don't take anything too seriously in this movie you will have a good time. All of the movies are great but it is still stupid comedy and if you are expecting some spark of genius from a hangover movie then yes you will be disappointed. Saying that, I'm glad I went. It is hard not to laugh at the groups crazy adventures and hangover 3 was a fitting end to the story.
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    If you liked the previous two you'll love this one.It definitely has a unique spin from the previous too.And just when you think it over at the end just wait a bit your in for a surprise!
  11. May 26, 2013
    This movie doesn't deserve the hate it's receiving from so-called "critics". The Hangover Part III is a comedy-action film, now based on more serious matters. The film takes a hard shift of tone; you know, the one where your hangover starts to wear off and you realize the mess you've created? This movie is the final part, after your hangover in which you must fix the you got yourselfThis movie doesn't deserve the hate it's receiving from so-called "critics". The Hangover Part III is a comedy-action film, now based on more serious matters. The film takes a hard shift of tone; you know, the one where your hangover starts to wear off and you realize the mess you've created? This movie is the final part, after your hangover in which you must fix the you got yourself into. Part III is more dramatic, yes, but that doesn't mean there aren't funny parts. Just less of them. And I can take the film for what it is, not based on what the last two films. The separation of the Wolfpack, growing up. The orange juice and antacid tablets that cure your headache and end that dreadful hangover. Expand
  12. May 23, 2013
    Not nearly as good as the first one, but certainly funny!
  13. Jun 2, 2013
    Despite the critics, this is a very good way to end the wolfpack trilogy; especially the after credits scene. I hope you enjoy it the way i did. Bye!!
  14. May 26, 2013
    A hilarious end to the trilogy, far exceeding the second installment. Nothing can top the original, but this comes pretty close. I was very pleasantly surprised by this given how negative some of the reviews are. I highly recommend seeing it- it will certainly be well worth your money.
  15. May 28, 2013
    Glad to see the producers take a different approach on this one. I felt hangover 1 and 2 were good but since 2 was so closely delivered as 1 that people over looked it. Hangover 3 was hilarious! I was laughing the whole movie. Galifianakis (Alan) and Jeong (Chow) kept you surprised by their adult humor. Also nice twist at the end you didn't ever think would happen coming into the movie.
  16. May 23, 2013
    Zach Galifianakis just awesome

Wolfpack is Back
    DEFINITELY WORTH YOUR MONEY
    I'm very pleased that they are now back in Vegas
    Had something more than my expectation
    Shouldn't be over
  17. May 23, 2013
    IGNORE THE REVIEWS. The movie is hilarious. I saw it in a packed cinema and everyone was laughing throughout! It is a different, darker approach to the trilogy and it works! Its the perfect balance of sinister/hilarious. The Hangover is usually centered around Stu but now it's Alan's movie and the change pays off. DEFINITELY WORTH YOUR MONEY, THIS METACRITIC SCORE IS AN ABOMINATION!!
  18. May 24, 2013
    Not as funny as one. But still better than two. This was a good end to a good trilogy. Pacing was kinda slow at times and they still showed to much in the previews. But not enough to where all the jokes were told. Only real complaint is no ending pictures.
  19. May 23, 2013
    The wolf back is back and even better than before. I'm very pleased that they are now back in Vegas. This was really good and I am very happy about it
  20. May 31, 2013
    IGNOR THE REVIEWS.This movie does not deserve a 1,2 or a 3 it deserves a 9,8 or a 7.The hangover part 3 is better then the hangover part 2 absolutly.I think people hate on it beause there is no hangover till the very end for me it is good beacuse it adds a good change to the trilogy.this movie foccues on mr.Chow and Alan.This story is funny and you will have so many laughs while you watchIGNOR THE REVIEWS.This movie does not deserve a 1,2 or a 3 it deserves a 9,8 or a 7.The hangover part 3 is better then the hangover part 2 absolutly.I think people hate on it beause there is no hangover till the very end for me it is good beacuse it adds a good change to the trilogy.this movie foccues on mr.Chow and Alan.This story is funny and you will have so many laughs while you watch the film.I DO NOT GET WHY THE CRITICS HATE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!.THIS MOVIE DESEVES A 7 LIKE THE FIRST ONE NOT 33 LIKE THE LAST AIRBENDER THE MOVIE GOT 22 BUT THAT MOVIE WAS AN ABOMINATION AND PURE BUT THIS MOVIE IS ADICTIVE FUNNY AND SILLY.I DO NOT GET YOU CRITICS NO MORE YOU GIVE THE CHERNOBYL DIARIES A 32 AND THAT MOVIE IS JUST PURE EXTREME AND GIVE THIS MOVIE A 30 THAN YOU ARE JUST STUPID.TODAYS CRITICS DO NOT HAVE LOVE TO FUNNY MOVIES OR EAVEN GAMES HOW CAN YOU GIVE SAINTS ROW 2 A 72 AND SAINTS ROW 3 A 84 YOU JUST IT UP SO HARD THAT I WILL NOT LISTEN TO YOU NO MORE I AM IN RAGE MODE NOW!!!!HOW CAN YOU HATE THIS MOVIE HOW I DO NOT GET IT?????????

TIS MOVIE IS WORTH YOUR MONEY GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE IGNORE THE RETARD CRITICS AND GO SEE IT YOU WONT REGREAT IT I GUARANTEE
  21. May 27, 2013
    this epic conclusion to awesome franchise. i dont agree with crtic there just being trolls. this movie awesome. chow and allen are better than ever just buy it
  22. Jun 18, 2013
    This movie was so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! And credit scene was probably the best part. Movie is hillarious and it had a lot of action!! Go see it and you wont regret. This is the best movie in triology for me!!!
  23. May 23, 2013
    This is a perfect ending to The Hangover trilogy. The reason a lot of people dislike it is because it's extremely different in tone from the rest of the series. However, I think this is a good thing. It has the perfect ending as well. Just go see this movie. Don't judge it based on its reviews. If you're a fan of the first two, you'll certainly like this.
  24. May 28, 2013
    This movie is a easy slide-back to the first and an ode to humor movies. Everything is bigger and faster and for some it might not work, but as a fan of both the previous movies of the series, I can say this wraps it up nicely. The hangover part three is a funny movie, you've just got to be willing to laugh, you know?
  25. May 30, 2013
    I'm going to keep this nice and short, the film compered to the first one is no where near as good but at face value just as its own film its a hilarious and entertaining. in my opinion go and watch it, just don't compare it to the first one Xbox360Critic (Alan is such a crease all the way through)
  26. May 28, 2013
    Moviegoers want sequels, that's why they are made. As fans, we want to see more and learn more about the characters we know and love, but no matter how good that sequel is, not all of the fans are going to like it. If the movie is too much like the first one, the fans say it's the same movie, but if it's too different, they say it doesn't fit the story. The only place the writers/producersMoviegoers want sequels, that's why they are made. As fans, we want to see more and learn more about the characters we know and love, but no matter how good that sequel is, not all of the fans are going to like it. If the movie is too much like the first one, the fans say it's the same movie, but if it's too different, they say it doesn't fit the story. The only place the writers/producers are going to win is at the box office, because no matter the reviews, they know people are going to come and see it. The Hangover Part III is getting terrible reviews from fans, because it's not what they expected. It's not as funny as the first one or even the second one, in fact, this film is much more dramatic than the rest of the films in the series, but it not necessarily a bad thing. Alan may not have had a ton of funny lines and Stu's girlish screaming may have run it's course, but this was still a really good story. Using flashbacks from the original, Todd Phillips introduces us to a part of the story that we didn't even know existed until now. This time, they skip the hangover and the wolf pack needs to go on an adventure to capture Mr. Chow. Four years ago, Chow ripped off another gangster and that gangster kidnaps Doug and threatens to kill him unless the wolf pack can bring him Chow. The story was solid and included some of the comedy we love along with dramatic elements and even a couple of really exciting chase scenes. No, this film was not the hangover we've come to love and expect. The clever one-liners aren't there, there's no wedding to prepare for, and the stakes are much higher this time, but all in all the story was very solid and the performances were fantastic. This film was a great way to end the story of the wolf pack, yet many fans and critic alike insist on comparing it to the first one. This film is much different than the original, too different in the opinions of many. If you want to compare Part III to the original Hangover, than no it's nowhere near as good, but if you look at it based on it's own merits, it's a pretty solid film, albeit much different from what was expected. Expand
  27. May 28, 2013
    Some people are taking this movie for far more than it was intended to be. It wasn't terrible and funny. If you are thinking of seeing it, do it, you'll laugh and have a good time. But if you are going to be over analytically, you a not going to enjoy, so calm down, and learn to ease up.
  28. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Minor spoilers, very minor. Less than the trailers give away. Hangover III is much better than Hangover II, but not quite as good as the original, but the original's a classic. What do you expect? The Hangover Part III is a solid and at times hilarious sequel. I don't get all the negative reviews at all. The plot? Chow stole money from John Goodman. John Goodman knows the gang has a connection to Chow, so takes their pal (same one who went missing in the first movie) and threatens to kill them if they don't deliver Chow to him. It's funny from start to finish. Expand
  29. Jun 16, 2013
    The third and Final chapter in the trilogy unfortunately falls short and doesn't match the first two films. While it was a good stand-alone film I think it had potential to be a lot better and just didn't follow the format we grew to love from the first two films (which perhaps some will like). Props to that final scene when the credits role because that made up for some of it, but overallThe third and Final chapter in the trilogy unfortunately falls short and doesn't match the first two films. While it was a good stand-alone film I think it had potential to be a lot better and just didn't follow the format we grew to love from the first two films (which perhaps some will like). Props to that final scene when the credits role because that made up for some of it, but overall I was disappointed being such a big fan of the series, but still it had it's moments Expand
  30. May 25, 2013
    The Hangover Part III is a heist movie. I went there for a laugh and that's exactly what I got. It did have a darker approach to the trilogy. Alan and Chow stole the show and were 95% the comedy with some hilarious one-liners. I was glad to see The Wolf Pack back. However it didn't really build momentum and the movie was pretty straight forward. Nobody actually gets hungover until afterThe Hangover Part III is a heist movie. I went there for a laugh and that's exactly what I got. It did have a darker approach to the trilogy. Alan and Chow stole the show and were 95% the comedy with some hilarious one-liners. I was glad to see The Wolf Pack back. However it didn't really build momentum and the movie was pretty straight forward. Nobody actually gets hungover until after the credits. I want another Hangover film! Expand
  31. Jun 5, 2013
    "The Hangover" was original, and "The Hangover: Part Two" was a somewhat exact, though slightly less amusing copy of the first one. "The Hangover: Part Three" is a bit of both. The first two parts get explained a bit more in depth as the wolfpack, once more of course, gets put on an unchosen quest to save their friend Dough, what, for the third time, is a bit absurd. It's not the humor"The Hangover" was original, and "The Hangover: Part Two" was a somewhat exact, though slightly less amusing copy of the first one. "The Hangover: Part Three" is a bit of both. The first two parts get explained a bit more in depth as the wolfpack, once more of course, gets put on an unchosen quest to save their friend Dough, what, for the third time, is a bit absurd. It's not the humor that makes this movie as great as it is, however, but this movie makes you realise that you'll actually miss the Wolfpack, and will leave you with a surprisingly positive, yet emotional feeling that you wouldn't expect to have from a comedy like this. Expand
  32. Jun 5, 2013
    Not as good as the other two, but it's far from being a bad movie.
    If you like the other two movies, there is no way you won't enjoy this one. A very fair ending to the wolf pack!
  33. May 31, 2013
    It was funny but it wasn't the funniest hangover part.
    But the most reviews gives it a low rating but i think that isn't fair.
    So i give it a 7.
    Hangover 2 was the best part and Hangover 3 was the baddest part but also funny.
  34. Jun 12, 2013
    This was much batter then i though it would be. I had some good laughs and was entertained throughout the whole movie. Would I see it again? No. Would i recommend this if you want to be entertained with some cheap laughs? yes.
  35. May 29, 2013
    This film is worth seeing! Do not go in with the expectations for it to be as funny as the first film but it is still full of laughs. I went to the movie a couple days ago and laughed hysterically at parts. I do not think it is even comparable to the first hangover movie but I would still recommend going to it. Hope you enjoy!!!
  36. May 31, 2013
    The movie, as a comedy, as it should be judged as, is pretty hilarious. Not good as the first movie but found it more favorable than Part II. It's a Hangover movie. It does as a Hangover movie should and that's to make you laugh.
  37. Jul 30, 2013
    Not as good as the first two I know. However, they had to change it up a little. This movie was mean't to end the series not leave an opening for another one (although it sort of did). I liked the new additions of John Goodman and Melissa McCarthy. I also liked seeing Black Doug again. The movie needed more lines for Stu and Phil but I understand the movie was based around Alan. Give itNot as good as the first two I know. However, they had to change it up a little. This movie was mean't to end the series not leave an opening for another one (although it sort of did). I liked the new additions of John Goodman and Melissa McCarthy. I also liked seeing Black Doug again. The movie needed more lines for Stu and Phil but I understand the movie was based around Alan. Give it and shot and understand it is not as good as the first too so you may not be as disappointed. (Watch the credits for a really funny extra scene) Expand
  38. Jun 28, 2013
    Although this movie has nothing to do with a hangover, it was a good end top the trilogy. Chao is back. And he is funnier than ever. If you are looking for a nice action movie with hilarious scenes, this is the right movie!
  39. Jun 30, 2013
    Really not that as bad as people are making it out to be. Better than #2 and more original the characters are still fun to watch (especially Ken Jeong!) and the plot moves quickly. Definitely was happy to see one last hurrah with these guys because i have such fond memories of the first movie. Standing alone would this movie be very good? No, but it's entertaining and made me laughReally not that as bad as people are making it out to be. Better than #2 and more original the characters are still fun to watch (especially Ken Jeong!) and the plot moves quickly. Definitely was happy to see one last hurrah with these guys because i have such fond memories of the first movie. Standing alone would this movie be very good? No, but it's entertaining and made me laugh that's all i ask for in a summer flick. Expand
  40. Jul 12, 2014
    It's completely different than the previous ones but no way it's as bad as everyone says. It's a good movie, I didn't had high expectations and it's a solid thing
  41. Jan 5, 2015
    Pleasantly surprised with this one...not overly funny but at least it was a bit different. They really could have done without the 2nd movie and just made this the one off sequel.
  42. Dec 9, 2013
    A funny action adventure that is weirdly endearing. People claim that is tries to be much darker or serious than the other ones, but it is still silly fun. The movie certainly redeemed itself from the 2nd one.
  43. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow the Original Hangover was a classic, and part 3 is not as good, but it`s not as bad as the rating. I think people people are just comparing it to the original to much. It does start off slow, but in my opinion once it gets going it turn into a fun adventure.I will say they forgot to go with the title until the end after some of the credits. Expand
  44. Jun 19, 2013
    An entertaining epilogue for a great trilogy. Really going to miss the Wolfpack. This film is better than the second one and a little worse than the first one. Zach is great, the best comedian these days. The film had many funny and hilarious parts and everyone should watch that trilogy. I'm going to miss them a lot and I would really like to watch them again in a film. Wait and see theAn entertaining epilogue for a great trilogy. Really going to miss the Wolfpack. This film is better than the second one and a little worse than the first one. Zach is great, the best comedian these days. The film had many funny and hilarious parts and everyone should watch that trilogy. I'm going to miss them a lot and I would really like to watch them again in a film. Wait and see the post credit scene hilarious Expand
  45. Oct 11, 2013
    Part III of The Hangover trilogy is actually quite good, it is not better than the first or second but its as entertaining as the first two installments. Zach Galifianakis is great, as well as the other members of the wolf pack. Some familiar characters return like Chow and he is god dam hilarious. They also return to Las Vegas. This is a good sequel and is very underrated.
  46. Dec 8, 2013
    I liked this movie, its note quite as enjoyable as the firts and the second, but its fun and entertaining. I recommend it, but not give it high hopes.

1. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Jun 6, 2013
    The Hangover Part III plays more like a caper film — “Alan’s Eleven,” perhaps — than a comedy. While Phillips ably handles the action sequences, he and co-screenwriter Craig Mazin can’t juggle both genres in the screenplay.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Rose
    May 27, 2013
    This is less a caper than a trudge; a linear adventure that proceeds in fits and starts, with few surprises and fewer laughs. There's barely even a hangover.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    May 23, 2013
    Not just bad, but weirdly, fascinatingly bad.