7.4

1. Feb 10, 2014
    The Hangover is an outrageously funny film, with scenes that'll have you wetting yourself with laughter. I can't really think of anything bad to say about this film it doesn't even start off slow or get boring towards the end like some comedies do.
    The Hangover is about Doug (Justin Bartha) who is about to get married so he decides to have a stag party with 3 of his friends in Las Vegas.
    But when they wake up after the stag party with pounding headaches that make it impossible to remember anything from the night questions start to arise like, why is there a tiger in the bathroom? why is there a baby in the cupboard? And most importantly where's the groom? Recovering from the worst hangover ever the 3 friends embark on a mission to discover what happened last night and hopefully find the groom before it's too late. But this mssion leads them down a path of drunken weddings, taser guns and stolen police cars.
    The film gets you interested straight away with an opening scene telling you what happens near the end of the film. This scene shows the 3 groom's friends telling the bride that they've lost her future husband! This scene gets you interested because you start to wonder were the groom is and weather or not they'll find him. This scene is also interesting because it introduces a theme of mystery which makes the film appeal to a wider range of viewers.
    My favourite scene has got to be when Alan, one of Doug's friends, (Zach Galifianads) finds a tiger in the bathroom. This scene is very funny because when his response shows just how stupid and hungover he is.
    My favourite character has also got to be Alan because not only is he really funny in the tiger scene but he is also funny in other scenes like when he is getting measured for the suit he's going to wear at the wedding and he makes a very rude comment to the suit fitter.
    I would recommend this film to anyone who enjoy comedie and I would rate it 9/10 the only reason that I wouldn't give it a 10 is because I prefer action movies to comedy movies.
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    Comedic brilliance and purely entertaining fun, of course the humour may not appeal to all but if you want to see a really good comedy The Hangover is a timeless classic.
  3. Jan 5, 2014
    Wonderfully hysterical with an impressive clever script. Great characters all around, but Zach Galifianakis absolutely stole the show. A fun movie that doesn't only look fun for the actors, but for the people watching it to.
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    Everyone was saying this was hilarious, so I watched it. I wouldn't go so far as to say the laughs are non-stop, but there are some and the cast is good enough to pull them off. Nothing too special.
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    One of the most over rated films I've ever come across "you must watch it it's so funny".. watched about 40-50mins and had to turn it off bad acting, awful dialogue and it's not funny at all I think I may have smirked slightly during the time I watched it. Basically if you want to watch a film where every 2 mins they say "what did we do last night? we were so wasted" this is for you.
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    The Hangover is long and loose.
    The story is poor, the dialogue is good, and the pace is slow. The only real positive is that its just entertaining enough to keep going.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    And yet. If you're male or if you're female, if you're squeamish about raunchy comedy or if you love it, if you're aware of Zach Galifianakis' patented brand of absurdity or if you're new to it, you will laugh at The Hangover. You may laugh so hard that you're a little ashamed of enjoying something so silly. And after quoting all the best lines with your friends, you may still be laughing so hard that you want to see it again. Comedies this good don't happen by accident, even if a little organization could have made The Hangover much better than what it is. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2013
    The Hangover is one hilarious, laugh-out-loud riot. The themes of the movie are all so accurate, getting every detail of a bachelor party and the Vegas happenings are amusing and crazy. You'll have fun with this movie.
  9. Oct 11, 2013
    This movie is hilarious, four best friends go to Las Vegas to give one of their fellow wolf pack members a bachelor party. When they wake up after a huge hangover they realized they have been drugged and cant remember anything. Zach Galifianakis is hilarious and is an amazing comedic actor. This movie is great and should be watched by anyone who enjoys having a good time.
  10. Jul 16, 2013
    One of the funniest films of the last few years. This film has likable characters mixed with bizarre situations which create some great comedy. The actors have great chemistry and will guarantee at least a few laughs with it's crazy humor.
  11. Jul 15, 2013
    One of the best comedies ever. Period. A great start to an epic trilogy. 10/10. Just a question for the viewers: who is funniest out of the wolf pack
  12. Jul 7, 2013
    the hangover is one of the most funny movies I have ever seen. the movie is stupid, but a funny stupid. I found myself laughing out loud throughout the movie. nearly all the characters are funny. if you are a fan of inappropriate but hilarious humor, I would recommend this movie to you.
  13. Jun 27, 2013
    The Hangover was a well received comedy that managed to capture the heart of many Americans. That said, you know there's an issue when the credits are the best part of a movie.
  14. Jun 25, 2013
    One of the funniest movies to come out in a long, long time and the highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time, The Hangover was just laugh after laugh.

What really works in this film is the setting, the City of sin and broken dreams is probably the worst place to ever forget what you did, these guys "do" and how the story unravels more and more towards the end is just such an
    intensely funny journey the payoff succeeds in every way.

Considering the directors previous work, this so far... is his masterpiece, congrats Todd Phillips.

All the characters are wonderful, anyone should be able to instantly connect and like all of them, but by far the audiences favourite character is the dumb-bearded crusader Alan Garner played by Zach Galiffianakis, he's slow witted humour make for some real great dumd-ass jokes.

Throw in Heavyweight giant Mike Tyson and an eccentric campy Chinese Ganglord and you have a great stellar cast all unique in every way.

Final Verdict: Had me laughing from beginning to end and I don't think i've had that kind of comedic entertainment since 2008's "Pineapple Express".

The Hangover 2 came out and i saw it, so i decided to rewrite this review and really... you're in for a treat.
  15. Jun 23, 2013
    This movie is brilliant. I think one of the stupidest movie in the world, but it makes me laugh and has a great cast with actors appreciable and estimable! Great film!
  16. Jun 23, 2013
    Esta pelicula estuvo buena, me gusto mucho, me dio mucha risa, todas las escenas me hicieron reir, esta pelicula, para mi, es la mejor de Todd Phillips.
  17. Jun 20, 2013
    To be honest, I can't see why this movie was so popular, and how it got two sequels. It was unmemorable, unfunny, and felt like a bad knock-off of "Dude, Where's My Car?".
  18. Jun 18, 2013
    Original, fun and great!!!! I died of laughter. I recommend it to everybody. Zach did a great job, and other actors were good too. PUT THIS MOVIE ON MUST WATCH LIST!!!
  19. Jun 17, 2013
    The whole idea of this film is funny enough. It seems stupid;cheesy, but that is what makes this film funny, in some of the events of this film. although i feel the film would not run so smoothly if Galifianakis, who pulls this movie along, was not in it (due to a great comic performance). That said each character has a personality that stands out and develops as the movie continues, in till you feel like you know each character inside out. i feel though some jokes were too cheesy and do not compare as well to other comedies. overall this film was enjoyable. Expand
  20. Jun 11, 2013
    One of the best comedies ever made. All the actors were good. The plot was good and it have some mysterious things too. For example where is dug. A must-see comedy, maybe the best of its kind
  21. Jun 7, 2013
    "The Hangover" is a very funny movie, with some great characters. I loved the direction and actors! I do not understand WHY, people are being so NEGATIVE towards this movie. I watched this in the theaters and the audience loved it! I love the whole series!
  22. Jun 4, 2013
    A couple of days before his wedding, Doug drives to Las Vegas with his three buddies for bachelor party. Unfortunately the three groomsmen wake up the next morning with Doug missing and, unable to remember a thing, the trio must attempt to retrace steps from the night before in order to find their friend and get him back to in time for his wedding.

The Hangover is certainly not an
    original concept, the bachelor party gone wrong has been done many times in film and TV, but avoids many of the clichés associated with this type of movie by starting after the bachelor party has finished and dealing completely with the aftermath. Following a short set-up the hapless trio awake to find a tiger in their bathroom and a stranger’s baby in the cupboard. From then on they find themselves in ever more ludicrous, but often very funny situations, as the film races along at a rapid pace. The three leads have excellent on screen chemistry coming across, despite the absurdity of the script, as convincing and likable.

The Hangover won’t be for everyone but it is one of the very best examples of the over the top comedy movie and certainly worth purchasing on DVD if you usually enjoy this type of film.
  23. May 25, 2013
    This is the movie that became an instant classic. It's outrageously hilarious and fun to enjoy. The storyline is very original and works very well. I mean finding out what happened after a massive hangover is really interesting to watch. Plus, the characters are hilarious, especially Alan. Alan is definitely the best part of the movie. He's that idiot that we've all come to know and love. He steals every scene he's in. It's hard to pick a favorite moment in this movie, but there are so many scenes I just couldn't pick one. Yet at times, the story sort of slows down at some parts, but automatically picks it back up. Overall, it's a hilarious and original idea that we'll always be known as one of the greatest comedies ever made. Expand
  24. Apr 30, 2013
    A true example of how comedy movies should be like! This movie has a great story line, script, acting & ending. Everything happened with very few expectancy and raised high curiosity in me as I continued watching. I loved that feeling! Truly pure, funny, honest & real. Gotta love Bradley Cooper in this one.
  25. Apr 20, 2013
    One of the worst movies or maybe the worst I have ever seen!!! I think I just wasted my time. But there are a lot of people like The Hangover and are keen to follow its sequels. But I'm sure I won't do that. I won't.
  26. Apr 4, 2013
    the Hangover is definitely the best comedy movie i have seen and the reason is the simple concept 4 guys go to las Vegas and one of them disappear and certain things happen that you can't explain and at the end everything will fall right in his original place and you start to connect the events together it's hilarious i loved it and the fact that at the time were Bradley Cooper and Zach Galifianakis are not well-known comedian which is a lot better than bringing some comedian who will take over the movie and destroy the story with his attitude just like any Adam Sandler movie and the surprise value is what make's the movie great so i don't think that making a sequence out of this gonna work Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2013
    One best written funniest comedies ever that can get a little old but still stands as an unforgettable film.
  28. Mar 9, 2013
    The Hangover is a funny movie, which makes you laugh several times with the crazy characters, that the film has.
  29. Mar 7, 2013
    This film is pure comedy gold and a perfect look at what guys can get up to on a wild night out in Vegas! It's a thoroughly enjoyable film with likable characters, especially our leads, and some very funny things happening throughout. Alan, in particular, is a great character and Galifianakis does a top job there! It's also a great film to watch with friends, or if you have been lucky enough to of been to Vegas and know what it's like to spend the night there (which I can say I have!) Expand
  30. Feb 25, 2013
    Total crap. One of the most overrated films of our generation. It's unrealistic, ridiculous, offensive and not funny at all. The only positive aspect about this movie is that it's unpredictable, but I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing in this stupid production.

1. A piercingly funny, twisted "whatever-happens-in-Vegas" caper.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    At once raucously free-wheeling and meticulously contrived, picture satisfies as a boys-gone-wild laff riot that also clicks as a seriocomic beat-the-clock detective story.
  3. Reviewed by: Jim Ridley
    Phillips can't bring himself to push the material into truly outré territory, or to characterize his growth-impaired guys as degenerate creeps rather than lovable scamps.