5.6

1. AnnaM
    Jul 4, 2008
    I am surprised by all the horrible reviews. I'll admit, there was some bad acting, but overall, I loved this movie. I though the premise was timely and I enjoyed the suspense. If you like movies about escape and survival, you like this one. I felt it was thought provoking and a lot of fun to watch. I'm sorry critics are being so harsh and I think it's unjustified. I'm I am surprised by all the horrible reviews. I'll admit, there was some bad acting, but overall, I loved this movie. I though the premise was timely and I enjoyed the suspense. If you like movies about escape and survival, you like this one. I felt it was thought provoking and a lot of fun to watch. I'm sorry critics are being so harsh and I think it's unjustified. I'm not sure why Shamalyan is getting so badly skewered here. It does not make sense to me. See it and decide for yourselves. Expand
  2. EbenM.
    Jun 14, 2008
    I found The Happening to be much better than most of the reviews led me to believe. Solid performances from a good cast. Shyamalan creates a sense of dread from the very beginning that effectively builds through the first half of the film. Creepy scenes of death are punctuated by humorous touches throughout. An enjoyable homage to end-of-the-world B movies. Exactly what Shyamalan set out to make!
  3. Sep 21, 2012
    It may be no finer a horror film than other similar distinguished works, but it worked for me. The acting may have been a little off-par, but Shyamalan has produced something that is worth watching. The actors were well matched and the way events were anticipated through the wind in the trees and grass disturbed me thoroughly. Not only that, but the acts themselves alongside theIt may be no finer a horror film than other similar distinguished works, but it worked for me. The acting may have been a little off-par, but Shyamalan has produced something that is worth watching. The actors were well matched and the way events were anticipated through the wind in the trees and grass disturbed me thoroughly. Not only that, but the acts themselves alongside the atmospheric music almost scared the living daylights out of me. I think this film effectively posed a message towards the sceptics out there, of a growing problem that we need to face before it's too late, even if nobody else thought so. Expand
  4. IsaacC
    Jan 3, 2010
    Finally Score = Planet 1, Humans 0, I see Genius where humans took a back seat and you can tell by these ignorant reviews how lost we really are and sensitive to the possibility of nature being sensitive and defensive too. Truly a masterpiece and respects to all participants in down playing humans and upscaling the breathing breeze.
  5. sLm
    Sep 30, 2012
    I don't get why so many bad critics xD the movie was good! No special effects needed, just nature to scary us. And also there were funny moments followed by creepy ones. It was definitely NOT a bad movie.
  6. JerryS.
    Jul 6, 2008
    I rather pay for this than pay for other hero doing tha same.
  7. CR
    Jun 13, 2008
    A decent B grade movie which stays true to its genre.If you go with low expectations you will be entertained.
  8. KarthikP
    Jun 8, 2008
    A ferociously entertaining thriller with sympathetic characters, stunning set pieces and pulsating excitement. As viscerally compelling as smash-mouth filmmaking gets. It is brutal and almost exhaustingly terrifying, as any respectable zombie movie should be. It is also bracingly smart, both in its ideas and in its techniques.
  9. AlejandroH.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Apart from the noticeable terrible dialogue, 'The Happening' is somewhat disappointing. 40 minutes of goosebumps and suspense followed by almost an hour of boredom. And the surprise ending is that there is no surprise ending.
  10. Benjamin
    Jun 13, 2008
    Verry comparable to "lady in the water" No... I actually Loved that movie... his charcters are fresh to me... so much more real then reality.... but most people want the same old, same old.
  11. RyanC.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Much better than the bad ratings. Subtle, good message, and not a moment of dull.
  12. StanA.
    Jun 13, 2008
    I know some of the critics didn't like it, but I thought it was excellent. To each his own.
  13. Nov 18, 2010
    Some people on here have an agenda. They are strictly trying to ruin Mr. Shyamalan's career with negative reviews any which way. I saw Lady in the Water. Yeah, it was weird and I wasn't impressed. But The Happening? I watched it yesterday expecting the worst, after reading all the bad press surrounding it I thought it would be an absolute disaster. 90 minutes later I walked away feeling ISome people on here have an agenda. They are strictly trying to ruin Mr. Shyamalan's career with negative reviews any which way. I saw Lady in the Water. Yeah, it was weird and I wasn't impressed. But The Happening? I watched it yesterday expecting the worst, after reading all the bad press surrounding it I thought it would be an absolute disaster. 90 minutes later I walked away feeling I have just watched a very original and thoughtful movie. Mark Wahlberg and the ever beautiful Zooey Deschanel act their way through this strange premise and it's not bad at all. I've seen much worse movies that weren't thrashed nearly as badly. I say watch it and see for yourself. It's by far not your typical script and the story weaves in an uneasy way. Good job Mr. Shyamalan!! Expand
  14. DamianB.B.
    Jul 7, 2008
    I like movies like this, specially for being created by one man's mind. It has a message but only if you have an open mind you'll catch it.
  15. JamesS.
    Jun 14, 2008
    I saw this movie before reading the reviews and liked it, but so far I have liked all of M. Nights movies. if you liked lady in the water you'll like the happening, movie critics just like writing negative movie reviews, just read some of the reviews on transformers, and you'll see what I mean.
  16. SoleiS.
    Jun 18, 2008
    ME CARES this movie !!, because I found it interesting and important for the age of our world, were you able to see the cinematography?, the art direction?, the smart of the script?, did you hear the wonderful music by the composer James Newton Howard?, pay attention and you will find art, but maybe many of you just go to the teathers to eat pop corn.
  17. BrianH.B.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Always creative, with a mind full of original ideas, those who attack him don't lose any of his movies before get released at theatres. For me is pretty good.
  18. DianeK.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Another misunderstood movie, that works perfectly for who search more originality.
  19. PaulB.
    Jun 30, 2008
    This movie is good and it has born to kill all the bad movies of horror or suspense this year.
  20. Shippoo!
    Jul 1, 2008
    Well done, well directed, this is the kind of movies I enjoy, sorry for others...you all can cry, an idea!, ask your money back, I will see it again.
  21. DavidB.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Better is going to see movies with no expectations, so you don't lose the ability of get surprised. Relax and see more...hear more, find the details.
  22. JadeT.
    Jul 29, 2008
    Not so bad, not so good !, but the rates of critics are not fair, for me Shyamalan's movies are full of originality.
  23. JamesP.
    Jul 8, 2008
    It is good, like birds of Hitchcock, yes! in a similar way, you can compare them. Maybe both are bad for you, for me are good enough.
  24. SameerS.
    Jul 9, 2009
    I am a Shymalan Fan. But all of his movies do require one to see what was the thought behind the project. shyamalan is eeriely positive person. This is evident in 6th sense when the spirit redeems itself by helping the boy, unbreakable where Bruce is the positive force, Village where love wins, Lady in water where there is happy ending, signs where gibson returns back to faith and I am a Shymalan Fan. But all of his movies do require one to see what was the thought behind the project. shyamalan is eeriely positive person. This is evident in 6th sense when the spirit redeems itself by helping the boy, unbreakable where Bruce is the positive force, Village where love wins, Lady in water where there is happy ending, signs where gibson returns back to faith and happening where love and belief wins over odds. I loved the happening movie He is brilliant where he leaves the audience thinking pondering and hungry for his next creation. His movies are 3D where the third dimension is thought. Expand
  25. AndrewD.
    Nov 2, 2008
    Suprisingly creepy with a definite ecocide-in-reverse theme. The disdain with which bloggers treat M Nights films is a worry. No mainstream pulp director has ever received such scorn. Each and every film stimulated me intellectually and cinematically. In 20 years his films will be remembered and revisited again and again. Then witness the volte-face of the contempary critics who found his Suprisingly creepy with a definite ecocide-in-reverse theme. The disdain with which bloggers treat M Nights films is a worry. No mainstream pulp director has ever received such scorn. Each and every film stimulated me intellectually and cinematically. In 20 years his films will be remembered and revisited again and again. Then witness the volte-face of the contempary critics who found his works to be egotistical. Methinks you do protest too much. Expand
  26. JohanF.
    Oct 18, 2008
    I think this is a great movie!!! It just have to been seen! Dont listen to the 0 and 1 votes. If you dont watch this movie you have missed something!!!
  27. vidman
    Jun 14, 2008
    The movie is thrilling and thought provoking, but it builds up to nothing but speculation.
  28. ColbyS
    Jun 14, 2008
    Oh, come on, critics. I consider myself pretty tasteful when it comes to movies, and this was definitely not the clunker it was cracked up to be. On par with Signs or The Sixth Sense? No. But I think what happened here is the equivalent of what happens in so many elementary schools worldwide: picking on an easy target simply because of the ease of the target. In this case, the target is Oh, come on, critics. I consider myself pretty tasteful when it comes to movies, and this was definitely not the clunker it was cracked up to be. On par with Signs or The Sixth Sense? No. But I think what happened here is the equivalent of what happens in so many elementary schools worldwide: picking on an easy target simply because of the ease of the target. In this case, the target is Shyamalan, who has made a few bombs the past couple of years. Not high art, but it scared me a few times and left me entertained. Solid. Expand
  29. SteveF.
    Jun 14, 2008
    I really liked this movie. It might not have the wam bam of a twist that Sixth sense had but I really enjoyed the characters and the overall acting and story. I know that most critics are saying bad stuff about it but I just don't listen to people and have always judged movies after I have viewed them
  30. CalyM.
    Jun 16, 2008
    It is not the best movie of Night S., is not the worse either, for me is good, I could understand everything, but who knows what is our destiny?, you can see that the meltdown of poles is a reality, the oceans goes up and up, I want to resist to believe that this is happening. For me the movie talks about the green effect, is a warning, and I wanna thank Shyamalan for remember to all It is not the best movie of Night S., is not the worse either, for me is good, I could understand everything, but who knows what is our destiny?, you can see that the meltdown of poles is a reality, the oceans goes up and up, I want to resist to believe that this is happening. For me the movie talks about the green effect, is a warning, and I wanna thank Shyamalan for remember to all people around the world for taking care our planet, we dont have another. Expand
  31. Newkiddie
    Jun 17, 2008
    Sixth sense =10, Signs= 10, Unbreakable= 9, The Village= 10, Lady in the water= 7, The Happening= 10, why?, 'cause there are movies of this kind so good, so original in the scripts that "some special people" go to see 'em at theaters every 2 years again, even when they pretend dont like Shymalans movie's.
  32. AlekM.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Shyamalan certainly deserves quite a bit of strife for his last effort, "Lady in the Water" but with this one I think that critics have gone a little overboard. No, this is not the Sixth Sense, or Unbreakable. You will not be shocked and awed by a tantalizing plot twist. What you will enjoy, however, is a solid drama with a strong message. Despite what you've heard, the acting is Shyamalan certainly deserves quite a bit of strife for his last effort, "Lady in the Water" but with this one I think that critics have gone a little overboard. No, this is not the Sixth Sense, or Unbreakable. You will not be shocked and awed by a tantalizing plot twist. What you will enjoy, however, is a solid drama with a strong message. Despite what you've heard, the acting is quite good. Acting does not need constant buoyancy and flair to be effective, it requires solid development and connection to the viewers; in that regard this could be Wahlberg's finest performance to date. The cinematography is par for the course for Shyamalan, you will not experience seizure inducing cut rates, rather you will be able to enjoy the acting done by the cast. The dialogue is... lacking and the plot could have been better, and the whole thing could have been less cheesy, but really, it was a solid effort. Not deep enough, but not too light that it leaves you pining for more. Enjoy it for what it is, instead of bashing it for what Shyamalan HAS done for his audiences in the past. Expand
  33. LeoR.
    Jun 18, 2008
    This wasn't a great movie nor was it a bad one. It was an entertaining 90 minute thriller that kept your attention the whole way through. I disagree with the critics on the performances; I thought they were all great, especially Mark Whalberg who I usually can't stand. The ending left me feeling a bit unsatisfied but overall this was a good Saturday afternoon flick. Not worth This wasn't a great movie nor was it a bad one. It was an entertaining 90 minute thriller that kept your attention the whole way through. I disagree with the critics on the performances; I thought they were all great, especially Mark Whalberg who I usually can't stand. The ending left me feeling a bit unsatisfied but overall this was a good Saturday afternoon flick. Not worth seeing at the cinema but it would make a great rental. Expand
  34. AmandaO..
    Jun 20, 2008
    Hulk better than Happening?, I dont think so "my hard critics", more about comics, remakes and the like, I rather something new and different, a better experience and surprises.
  35. MauriceLover
    Jun 21, 2008
    This director is a crazy man, the end of a career?. Somebody so creative like him has much art to stop working, around the world his movies are truly hits, has impact, this is the beginning of a leyend in the industry, adding in my comment this last film is incredibly good !.
  36. AlexaM.
    Jun 22, 2008
    I see 4 movies per month each year, and this film got catch me from beginning to end.
  37. AraV.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Boring?, for me was a little scary and funny, good levels of suspense, boring for those who want to see monsters or aliens cutting heads and arms, don't be so lazy, buy more candies or pop corn and maybe you'll have fun, for me that is unnecessary, I just wanted see more and more.
  38. MayrakK.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Always honest with his scripts, follow his feels and own ideas, that's why I like his movies, Happened again, has much brain, he writes, produce and directs, not many do all this, it doesn't matter how many of his old ( enemies ) friends of high school keep on voting here wishing him the worse, what so ugly is envy, dont you think?, the movie is brilliant.
  39. EdwardA.
    Jun 25, 2008
    The topic is treated well, is interesting, has lack of boring moments, is supremely entertaining.
  40. LaurieG.
    Jun 20, 2008
    It has quality in all aspects, is funny, sometimes scary and well acted, I really liked it.
  41. BetoB.
    Jun 29, 2008
    It supposes to be a bad movie, and I like it very much, thank you god for not to hear critics.
  42. RollerY.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Fantastic and singular since beginning to end, Is my kind of movie.
  43. JordyB.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Although it is not perfect, the movie can get you in hard road of entertainment.
  44. PankyC
    Jul 10, 2008
    I always see all movies of suspense, and this one is better than the last 30 of it's genre, 'cause this is thriller! , isn't Mj ?
  45. KeithR.
    Jul 1, 2008
    The film is not *that* bad, but there were parts that I felt were uninspired. Several images throughout were disturbing, jarring, and even comical (Shyamalan is always tongue in cheek in his films). But I felt that he was unable to direct his actors. Wahlberg did what he could, Leguizamo was wonderful -- and wasted, Deschanel is only good as a poor man's Mary Louise Parker. The score The film is not *that* bad, but there were parts that I felt were uninspired. Several images throughout were disturbing, jarring, and even comical (Shyamalan is always tongue in cheek in his films). But I felt that he was unable to direct his actors. Wahlberg did what he could, Leguizamo was wonderful -- and wasted, Deschanel is only good as a poor man's Mary Louise Parker. The score was excellent (a throw back to the Village with its haunting cello theme). The film was choppy with great moments, followed by not so great ones. Expand
  46. CAndersson
    Jul 1, 2008
    How anyone can give this film a very low score is beyond me. This is quite a good film. It's not the hollywood standard with explosions and stupid scares. This is a film without hero's, the main "man" is not a confident leader spouting bad script, he's scared and unsure like everyone else. The plot has some lofty ideas, but it's better than most similar How anyone can give this film a very low score is beyond me. This is quite a good film. It's not the hollywood standard with explosions and stupid scares. This is a film without hero's, the main "man" is not a confident leader spouting bad script, he's scared and unsure like everyone else. The plot has some lofty ideas, but it's better than most similar thriller/horror/choosegenre. It doesn't necessarily follow typical hollywood standards with silly characters, bad camera and linear scares. It doesn't take itself too seriously, while at the same time it's not a joke like so many other films. Not to mention that it's fun seeing Wahlburg playing a non-macho role. It's a nice change compared to the low standard, high budget hollywood flicks that we keep being fed again and again and again. Kudos to Shyamalan. Expand
  47. IvonneR.
    Jul 17, 2008
    Nice in all aspects, we don't want this things happened never, but its only a movie, amused me.
  48. AdrianO.
    Jul 18, 2008
    Si es buena, no creo en lo que dicen los amarguetas, si te gusta el buen suspenso y el estilo único del director de El sexto sentido no debes dejar de verla, definitivamente el y sus peliculas son infravaloradas, basta ver los reviews que le dieron a sus mejores filmes como Sixth Sense y Señales "Signs" y verás el desdén que le tienen.
  49. KellyM.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Hey! Not so good as Unbreakable or Sixth sense, but much better than Lady in the water, I like the script, the score, the reactions of its characters, good role of Mark W.
  50. ShalimA.
    Jul 2, 2008
    This review in this page is about the Sixth Sense : Reel Views by: James Berardinelli. An inferior product. It is not well written, well acted, or well directed. Now I say Je, je, je, the movie was nominated for 6 oscars including all these categories: the script, the actors and Direction...so?, the movie is good for many people ( Happening ), each one think whatever it wants, it This review in this page is about the Sixth Sense : Reel Views by: James Berardinelli. An inferior product. It is not well written, well acted, or well directed. Now I say Je, je, je, the movie was nominated for 6 oscars including all these categories: the script, the actors and Direction...so?, the movie is good for many people ( Happening ), each one think whatever it wants, it won't win any nom but who cares?, is only a movie !, Shyamalan is an excellent creator of them. Expand
  51. IvanC.
    Jul 3, 2008
    In a world of lack of ideas, Happening shines with many.
  52. CerbionniM
    Jul 3, 2008
    Good enough in the genre of thrillers or suspense.
  53. RaffaellaS.S
    Jul 3, 2008
    For discussing any movie there are forums dear Ariana M., I just want to say that this movie has been my number 3 this first part of the year, only under Wall-e and Under the same moon.
  54. RaffaelaX.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Stunning and not predictable, not so scary but it has excellent dialogues.
  55. MagicB.
    Jul 4, 2008
    For me it is an unnerving and astonishing thriller, and I'm sorry for who do not like it.
  56. NsisongE
    Jul 5, 2008
    It was good not great. I thought it would be scarier but it's still a good one.
  57. IvannaI.
    Jul 7, 2008
    There are movies for everyone, Walbergh here is good, well acted, simply he is not doing the same, not heroic acts, he shows another way of acting !, only the little girl has a irregular act. Well, nobody is looking for awards !.
  58. DavinoB.
    Jul 9, 2008
    Yes I like it a lot, forgive me but is true, I enjoy it, and believe me I know about movies, each year I can guess who will win Oscars, of course this is not for any award, well, maybe its terrific score.
  59. CarlA.
    Aug 1, 2008
    Fantastically good!, bad for lazy minds, it has a enjoyable ryhthm made with a unique style.
  60. RichieF.
    Aug 11, 2009
    I just saw this movie and didn't know what to expect because of all the negative reviews. Me, not being an avid M. Night Shyamalan fan, actually enjoyed it. However, there were a few flaws, I think. For one, I wish there was more evidence against the plants for releasing the toxins, although it is a smart idea. Another thing is that I thought they shouldn't have so easily come I just saw this movie and didn't know what to expect because of all the negative reviews. Me, not being an avid M. Night Shyamalan fan, actually enjoyed it. However, there were a few flaws, I think. For one, I wish there was more evidence against the plants for releasing the toxins, although it is a smart idea. Another thing is that I thought they shouldn't have so easily come to the conclusion that larger groups were more susceptible to being killed. However, it was a smart idea to have the main character a science teacher and another important character be a plant expert, although a convenient pair. But other than that, I thought the movie was very intriguing. The camera angles were great and they really caught the effect of the film. The music was solid and of course the actors were alright. I especially liked Zooey Deschannel's performance as the wife. For the most part, this was a very good movie. It was a good idea that was executed well. I would definitely recommend this film to many people. Expand
  61. SteveB.
    Oct 11, 2008
    I thought this movie had a decent plot with good acting. I think it brings up a good point about global warming.
  62. StephenL.
    Nov 29, 2008
    This is a love it or hate it film as the ratings here indicate. I was more towards the love it end of the scale. Not one for the real horror fans that are looking for scare, but engaging and unsettling. Words that apply - Unnerving, Unsettling, Thought provoking, Fascinating, Eerie. Words that don't apply - Scary, Jump out your skin, horror. Don
  63. AdamP
    Oct 16, 2008
    An entertaining movie - not Shyamalan's best, but entertaining.
  64. JacobS.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Please don't listen to critics. They're criticizing this movie because Shyamalan is behind it. Even if you didn't like The Village or Lady in the Water...you will seriously LOVE this movie! The dialogue was incredible; the acting was top-notch, and the shock affect was just...mesmerizing! I haven't been that on-edge since The Shining.
  65. Pete
    Jun 14, 2008
    The acting wasn't the greatest, but the premise is terrifying. I saw it last night, and I am still a little unsettled not only by what I saw, but the possible implications of it.
  66. Megan
    Jun 14, 2008
    I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a far departure from The Village, Signs and the Lady in the Water. No film will ever be as scary as Sixth Sense, but I must admit it really made me jump out of my seat a few times. It was a great scary movie.
  67. SamF.
    Jun 15, 2008
    Call me crazy but I saw this movie and found it interesting. The scary part of the movie is the idea of nature itself fighting against us. But the movie fails on a few levels because it leaves you with too many questions and too many holes in the plot. Running from wind is just too out there.
  68. RaveeshS.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Amazing Movie with some stunning Moments.
  69. HollyV.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Loved it. Nice counter-balance of gruesome and restraint... with shades of everything from Fahrenheit 451 to the Day the Earth Stood Still.
  70. JohnP.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Superb movie. Well crafted. Introspective. Well worth a night at the movies.
  71. OsittoA
    Jun 16, 2008
    A unique style to make movies, good suspense, only for those who want think, it is not for kick or scream, good acting of Walhberg, the nearest to Hitchcock, this and Signs.
  72. Dr.Ghettoblaster
    Jun 16, 2008
    The only thing wrong with this movie is the ending or closure. There is no resolution, twist, or even semi-explanation. I thought the entire movie itself was very well done and extremely suspenseful, but the ending (or lack thereof) was a real disappointment.
  73. JessyB.
    Jun 17, 2008
    In my case, What I saw at the end of the movie, well and heard, were all the audience clapping !, and happy to see another authentic movie of Night S. I founded it amazing.
  74. HitchCockian
    Jun 17, 2008
    You know what?, it's much better than Lady in the water and fool comments like our friend Ben H. did are telling us that theyre weak, I woudn't burn a wood, I will have more care about all forests, open your mind friend so u will see more than a joke in this good film. well done M.N.S.
  75. MC
    Jun 17, 2008
    Great movie.Some people just dont get it
  76. KellyH.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Obviously.. people keep expecting the sixth sense. get over it. this movie was great.
  77. Mr.Jones'LemonDrink
    Jun 18, 2008
    This was a GREAT movie. But you have to watch it from the right perspective. I can't imagine that anyone would TRY to take this movie seriously. It's a total send-up of classic B-movies. Am I the only one getting this??? Funniest movie I've seen all year. More laughs that Zohan and Love Guru put together!
  78. MayaB.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Is happening again, bad reviews for a good movie, critics from USA seem to hate Shyamalan, all my friends told me they liked a lot this film. Me too.
  79. KendekmarP
    Jun 19, 2008
    Shyamalan has proven he is better than Spielberg with this great film. Will be see as a classic in 30 years.
  80. FranzS.
    Jun 19, 2008
    The most important for me is being authentic, this movie is created with great style, hey what a power of its music, If u want to be so serious u won't enjoy anything!.
  81. BluBlues
    Jun 19, 2008
    Made me laugh in some dialogues, made me think about our nature, there was no moment of boring, refiiled with magnificent ideas, I'll wait for a second part, and 2 years 4 another Shyam. movie! of Course!.
  82. LaloR.
    Jun 21, 2008
    One of my favorites of all times is Signs, it was attacked by critics in a similar way, now it is a classic for many people, I think will happened the same, it deserves more attention to catch the art, give 0,1,2,3 or 5 or 6 is for poor people that don't have the ability to find it ( the art ).
  83. JosephB.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Stunning !!!, it doesn't deserves less than a 6, bad actings?? please, only if you think you can do it better.
  84. AninkhaR.
    Jun 20, 2008
    After seeing this picture, I can say I'm another fan... from mexico, we are more open mind for paranormal topics, Zona del silencio M.Night do it.
  85. JoseO.
    Jun 20, 2008
    A really good option among bad summer blockbusters.
  86. EdgarR.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I heard Roger Ebert, He knows more about movies that most of critics, and I say being a critic does'nt mean they're good on it, Shyamalan is better as a director and writter than they doing the easiest part: the criticism... by the way, I wanna see it one more time: the hapening.
  87. BrendaS.
    Jun 23, 2008
    I'm glad for not obey critics or, I saw it yesterday and now I can say this peculiar film is one of my favorites for 2008.
  88. ZarkoY.
    Jun 23, 2008
    I can only feel negative vibrations from critics, but they must understand That M.N.Shy doesn't make movies for them, theyre just for common and thinking people, not for ordinary tiny critics.
  89. YulisR.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Amazing in many aspects, but underrated by who hate it, how can u hate a movie?, it is just for entertainment, please!.
  90. AndyD.
    Jun 24, 2008
    This is a classy movie that not everyone will (or will be inclined to) appreciate.
  91. Williethefree
    Jun 24, 2008
    The best Overseas in the boxoffice, Hulk in second place, only USA seems to hate it, relax my friends!.
  92. CharlesX
    Jun 24, 2008
    Holley Joel Osment, Abigail Breslin, Bryce Dallas Howard and others were well known all around the world thanks to Night S. ...will happened one more time. ah, I like it very much, much much!.
  93. EvelynC.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Apparently is a horror movie, I could remember 3 of my classics in its development, Birds, Signs and The night of the living dead, fortunately there are no zombies.
  94. BrennanX.
    Jun 24, 2008
    We can find another type of actor : B. Willis, J. Phoenix, Mel Gibson, Now Mark W. in this picture thanks to its director, for me one of his 4 best pictures ( of 8 ).
  95. MikeS.
    Jun 25, 2008
    I can not be so cruel talking bad about the best mystery & suspense movie of the year. Even my children liked it.
  96. RennoWild
    Jun 25, 2008
    A stupid script and shallow performances?, Maybe who wrote that is a writer of fabulous and perfect scripts !, agree it is not perfect but has more virtues than mistakes, why so serious and borin'? I enjoyed the picture.
  97. YamohanW.
    Jun 25, 2008
    It would be a classic for fans either for who really know how appreciate a good thriller, what an atmosphere of suspense!.
  98. ViggoL.
    Jun 26, 2008
    My big surprise was the behavior and result of Spencer Breslin's character, the movie en general looks very very good !.
  99. TityP.
    Jun 26, 2008
    All my respect and admiration for who wrote 2 of my favorites scripts, The 6th sense and The Village, this is not so good, but like always he got surprises me with his creativity.
  100. SlyW.
    Jun 27, 2008
    A genre that only exists because one man invented it : Shyamalan, others just will copy his ideas, Happening is beautiful in many aspects.

1. The movie seems more like a '50s science fiction film of extreme paranoia or an episode of "The Twilight Zone" that even at a swiftly paced 90 minutes feels padded.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    In short, this is a Shyamalan movie minus the bravado, the swagger; there are no audacious attempts to pull out the rug from under the audience, no ham-fisted lessons about the importance of religious belief or the power of storytelling.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    What a bunch of nonsense--effective nonsense, chilling nonsense, occasionally wrenching nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless.