5.8

1. LouisaB.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Call me a stupid girl If you consider that I must not enjoy an excellent misterious-drama movie like this, but all my friends were agree with me that they saw something totally new and different.
  2. KellyR.
    Jun 28, 2008
    The King of suspense is him, yes! the happening maybe is for insane people like me?, crazy for thinking different to critics?, anyway, the paranoid manufacturer gives us another peculiar movie.
  3. WallyE.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Not so good like Signs or Sixth Sense, but stop asking the same, the director never will do the same again, he doesn't repeat any topic or formula, only uses his own style, the movie is a clapping achievement.
  4. SteveK
    Jun 28, 2008
    I have never rated a movie before, but I figure I have to warn everyone, this so called movie was the worst thing I've ever wasted my time watching.... You've been warned.
  5. SDK
    Jun 28, 2008
    one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 5 years - an dog tired plot - poor characters and acting - SO many holes (like questions that get asked repeatedly throughout the movie which have already been answered) - i think my IQ went down a couple points after watching this - give me lady in the water any day! when are people going to realize that mainstream Hollywood blows and one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 5 years - an dog tired plot - poor characters and acting - SO many holes (like questions that get asked repeatedly throughout the movie which have already been answered) - i think my IQ went down a couple points after watching this - give me lady in the water any day! when are people going to realize that mainstream Hollywood blows and will continue to blow - and according to the over reviews on this page - Hollywood has made some fans. Expand
  6. BillyS.
    Jun 29, 2008
    The Happening. Stuff happens, but it's just not Happening!
  7. AndyM.
    Jun 29, 2008
    To be in universal acclaim 37 critics made me think how small is their universe, Happening is made with a good part of brain giving us as product another magnificent scary movie. Our universe is bigger because we are hundreds of fans all around the planet, and we acclaimed it.
  8. KaritynnaK
    Jul 11, 2008
    We already have a lot of superheroes from comics and the like on the big screen, explosions, big bombs of exaggerations, come on!, for me Happening is a deep breath.
  9. RandoM.
    Jul 11, 2008
    It wasn't happening. 'Nuff said.
  10. JonH
    Jul 14, 2008
    There were one or two original moments that were thrilling but overall the story and the acting were not very good, and the "explanation" for the happening was original but dumb. I think the movie had some interesting ideas that were executed very poorly!
  11. TonyW
    Jul 14, 2008
    It's a shame how strongly critics have taken to bashing Shyamalan when they give better reviews to films such as Beerfest or Balls of Fury than this one. Shyamalan is one of the top filmmakers in America, a true talent with a very original voice. The Happening is a nice film to pass an afternoon with, nothing more or less. The problem is that the central conflict stays on the surface It's a shame how strongly critics have taken to bashing Shyamalan when they give better reviews to films such as Beerfest or Balls of Fury than this one. Shyamalan is one of the top filmmakers in America, a true talent with a very original voice. The Happening is a nice film to pass an afternoon with, nothing more or less. The problem is that the central conflict stays on the surface amongst his main characters. In Signs we felt the emotional resonance of a family that has suffered greatly and is on the verge of breaking apart. In Sixth Sense the distance between mother and son, and husband and wife was heart-wrenching. In The Happening, the extent of the rift is a piece of Tiramisu - not uite the same. We're told the couple is in trouble - we don't see it. Unfortunately, that lack of depth ruins what could have been a creepy classic. Expand
  12. EunizeN
    Jul 16, 2008
    I liked this movie, bad actings?, what are you talking about people?, simply there are no any excellent or amazing acting, but the movie for me was an interesting topic.
  13. RafaE.
    Jul 17, 2008
    This is one of the big mistakes of the year !!...I can not believe it... but mistake made by the critics who don't know how forgive.
  14. TommyBoy
    Jul 18, 2008
    Story line so incredibly bad. Another pure crap movie from India's loser director. Unfortunately the only thing positive about this movie was the jump in his bank account balance. How he could possibly believe anyone would love the plot of this crappy movie is beyond me. The ONLY movie he ever did that was of any value was his "Sixth Sense". From that point on even Mel Gibson Story line so incredibly bad. Another pure crap movie from India's loser director. Unfortunately the only thing positive about this movie was the jump in his bank account balance. How he could possibly believe anyone would love the plot of this crappy movie is beyond me. The ONLY movie he ever did that was of any value was his "Sixth Sense". From that point on even Mel Gibson couldn't save his "Signs" project. Expand
  15. SamuelJ
    Jul 19, 2008
    I truly wanted to like this movie. I am a huge M Night fan and I even like Marky Mark, but I just couldn't enjoy it. The plot is too simple, it is just pointlessly gory, and lacks any form of the word suspense. I will pretend that this movie never happened (hehe....pun) if you promise to do better next time M. Night.
  16. JimmyT.
    Jul 21, 2008
    I saw all the superheroes, but Batman was the best, but when I went to see this film my experience was different, no explosions, visual effects nor action in excess, is good, not excellent but good.
  17. Technicha
    Jul 22, 2008
    Started out great but the ending was the worst i have ever seen. No closure what so ever. The acting performance was mediocre. Watch this and you are gonna get disappointed
  18. VeroW.
    Jul 22, 2008
    It is in my top 5 this year, of the best of course !
  19. LilyF.
    Jul 23, 2008
    It is not so commercial as many in theaters right now, but it had for me the most interesting and attractive script, after all I enjoyed every episode of The Twilight Zone.
  20. ChayitoC
    Jul 24, 2008
    Unforgettable, unique, not for all " kind of people ", stunning!.
  21. MarkB.
    Jul 25, 2008
    You don't have to know what time it is to know that Night has definitely fallen. Crashed and burned, in fact--following up his genuinely intriguing but critically and publicly trashed suspense drama The Village with Lady in the Water, arguably the most pretentious, misguided and unwatchable big-studio movie of 2006 (with the apparent message of "what the world needs now is love sweet You don't have to know what time it is to know that Night has definitely fallen. Crashed and burned, in fact--following up his genuinely intriguing but critically and publicly trashed suspense drama The Village with Lady in the Water, arguably the most pretentious, misguided and unwatchable big-studio movie of 2006 (with the apparent message of "what the world needs now is love sweet love, but first we kill all the critics"), M. Night Shyamalan desperately backpedals with this ludicrous and offensively gory nature-gone-wild horror; if his stated intention was to make the world's greatest B-movie, he rated it about 25 letters too high. The LEAST of this movie's problems is that Shyamalan's once-impressive ability to leaven his thrills with humor (as with Samuel L. Jackson's "Teletubbies" speech in Unbreakable or Bruce Willis's curt, one-word description of his former wife's lover in The Sixth Sense) has completely deserted him when he needs it most; without giving too much away (although maybe I'd be doing you a favor if I did) the only way to handle this fundamentally absurd plotline is to recognize its essential silliness, as Roger Corman did in 1960 and Frank Oz did in 1986; otherwise you get From Hell it Came, The Navy Vs. The Night Monsters, William Friedkin's dopey The Guardian and this. Shyamalan's characteristic sense of self-importance (only slightly noticeable in his good films, overwhelmingly so in his bad ones), an irritatingly trite wrapup that makes you rue the day you first criticized Shyamalan for his SURPRISE endings, and uniformly miserable acting (except for Betty Buckley, who competently plays a religious fanatic, but then given that she survived playing the mom in the legendary stage musical adaptation of Carrie, she's certainly had practice) help sink this, but what really reduces The Happening from the merely inept to the truly loathsome is its utter callousness toward its victims. It's often instructive to compare a bad movie with a good one: in the original Jaws, Steven Spielberg in mere seconds got us to know the shark's targets and truly feel for the them: the sweet hippie chick, the nice old guy in the boat, and the little boy whose elderly parents either spent a lifetime trying to have a child or adopted him. Shyamalan, by contrast, contemptuously depersonalizes the casualties of his mass murder/suicide epidemic as much as possible: he films most of them in longshot as they do themselves in, and in one disgusting instance shows a woman only from the waist down as she shoots herself. Maybe Shyamalan is such a rabid environmentalist that he truly believes that mankind deserves the bloody slaughter that this film sentences it to, but the fact remains that those driven to their deaths were human beings with hopes and dreams and families and ambitions (and some of them undoubtedly recycled and/or rode their bikes to work). I'm a big Al Gore fan, but this movie did what no other has done: it got me to momentarily consider right-wing harpy Ann Coulter's bizarre, intentionally outrageous admonition that God intended us to "rape" the environment. I didn't think that any filmmaker could, however briefly, put me in Coulter's camp on ANY issue, but then if Shyamalan can get the normally wonderful Zooey Deschanael (Bridge to Terabithia, Elf) to give a truly wretched, luded-out performance, then short of making a recent movie that DOESN'T make its viewers want to run farm machinery over themselves, the man is capable of doing just about anything. Expand
  22. JessyD.
    Jul 25, 2008
    I saw it twice, I like it, a little thoughful but funny...scary.
  23. Mr.Smiles
    Jul 28, 2008
    I decided to be happy when I watched this fantastic film, it made me think about my planet, and now I love more forests and all our nature.
  24. AnthonyN
    Mar 26, 2009
    Steaming piece of crap. No one deserves having to watch this, not even mass murderers.
  25. JaggedReviews
    Jun 22, 2009
    A great movie? No. A bad an utter steaming pile of crap? Certainly not. The Happening is twist thriller M. Night Shymalans most recent film as well as his first R rated film. For those who try and see this as a return to the days of The Sixth Sense, which i personally did not enjoy, then you will probably be disappointed but i you treat this as a fun thriller B movie then believe me youll A great movie? No. A bad an utter steaming pile of crap? Certainly not. The Happening is twist thriller M. Night Shymalans most recent film as well as his first R rated film. For those who try and see this as a return to the days of The Sixth Sense, which i personally did not enjoy, then you will probably be disappointed but i you treat this as a fun thriller B movie then believe me youll see the lightwer side of things. The movie moves up and about as a group of New Yorkers flee from NYC from a invisible force that has the New Yorkers offing themselves. The film gives us a few chills and thrills bt never reaches its full potential but then again these days not very many films do. I enjoyed the film but thought once again Shymaln failed to shock m with his signature twist ending. The film comes off touching and thought provoking at moments but t does fail at some moments. The side plot of Elliot and his soon to be at the beginning seems to have been thrown in along with the cheating part. The film is Shymalans best work certainly since Signs and i recommend it for a look. Expand
  26. JoeD
    Jul 22, 2009
    I expected better from this movie. Turns out it was the best unintentional comedy I've seen. If your looking for a laugh watch this.
  27. AlexG
    Dec 17, 2008
    Nothing good happened in this movie!
  28. Oct 17, 2010
    Just want to start out by saying I was one of the few remaining M. Night fans still out there up until this. I actually enjoyed Lady In The Water, but this movie really pissed me off. I am a huge fan of Marky Mark Wahlberg too, and he was disappointing too. He wasn't even close to the problem though. The plot of this movie kept me going, and then at the M. Night just craps on us. I don'tJust want to start out by saying I was one of the few remaining M. Night fans still out there up until this. I actually enjoyed Lady In The Water, but this movie really pissed me off. I am a huge fan of Marky Mark Wahlberg too, and he was disappointing too. He wasn't even close to the problem though. The plot of this movie kept me going, and then at the M. Night just craps on us. I don't know if that was his best idea, or it was just laziness or what, but that wasn't an okay ending. Go back to your twists, they did you good. Expand
  29. Nov 18, 2010
    Some people on here have an agenda. They are strictly trying to ruin Mr. Shyamalan's career with negative reviews any which way. I saw Lady in the Water. Yeah, it was weird and I wasn't impressed. But The Happening? I watched it yesterday expecting the worst, after reading all the bad press surrounding it I thought it would be an absolute disaster. 90 minutes later I walked away feeling ISome people on here have an agenda. They are strictly trying to ruin Mr. Shyamalan's career with negative reviews any which way. I saw Lady in the Water. Yeah, it was weird and I wasn't impressed. But The Happening? I watched it yesterday expecting the worst, after reading all the bad press surrounding it I thought it would be an absolute disaster. 90 minutes later I walked away feeling I have just watched a very original and thoughtful movie. Mark Wahlberg and the ever beautiful Zooey Deschanel act their way through this strange premise and it's not bad at all. I've seen much worse movies that weren't thrashed nearly as badly. I say watch it and see for yourself. It's by far not your typical script and the story weaves in an uneasy way. Good job Mr. Shyamalan!! Expand
  30. Aug 23, 2010
    Central Park NYC, people start standing still then killing themselves, media blame it on terrorist attacks, spreads to Philadelphia, people evacuated to the countryside, gets worse, love can save the day.
    If I had to describe this film in one word it would be "ridiculous". It's sort of a cross between The Day After Tomorrow, Day of the Triffids & a reverse War of the Worlds.
    The acting is
    The acting is pretty bad, dialogue not much better & the whole story is just plain & simple nonsense.
  31. Aug 27, 2010
    More proof that M. Night Shyamalan is, indeed, a one-trick pony that relies on the same techniques in every film. Whereas some of his other movies occasionally have good acting and cinematography to pick up the slack, this movie has nothing. It's just crap.
  32. Oct 26, 2010
    Shyamalan, what happened? This movie had a great concept, great actors, and decent plot. But the execution is so unintentionally flawed. These actors weren't even trying. You can tell from Mark Wahlberg's infamous "What? No!" The what-was-supposed-to-be scariest scene had me bored to tears and wasn't scary. There was only one scene that disturbed me a bit, but now i can watch it withoutShyamalan, what happened? This movie had a great concept, great actors, and decent plot. But the execution is so unintentionally flawed. These actors weren't even trying. You can tell from Mark Wahlberg's infamous "What? No!" The what-was-supposed-to-be scariest scene had me bored to tears and wasn't scary. There was only one scene that disturbed me a bit, but now i can watch it without being disturbed. This isn't even a fun movie, joyless, and serious. You can find this movie fun, if you find it unintentionally funny, as most people do. If you find this movie enjoyable and scary, then hooray for you, you don't mind the flaws. I try to give Shyamalan some slack, he's in a rut, but this movie is an embarrassment to his career. Expand
  33. May 3, 2012
    The downward slope, which I suspect is deliberate, continues: yes it's even worse than Signs. Thankfully there's no "twist" this time unless you the twist is that every element of the film is terrible, the awful plot is revealed very early on and then really does continue as the actual plot long after you've stopped laughing at it.
  34. May 13, 2011
    Did anybody see the awful 2010 children's comedy "Furry Vengeance"? Well this is just like a botanical version for grown ups with more laughs. Ridiculous plot, bizarre acting. The only "Food for thought" this will give you is "is this meant to be a spoof?"
  35. Aug 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was not very good. I enjoyed few parts but the plot line was terrible and the acting sucked. Mark Wahlberg is not one of my favorite actors but I was surprised about Zooey Deschanel. I usually enjoy her acting but in this movie she was just horrible. The whole thing was horrible! The whole plants having a conscious and that it reacts to human stimulus or whatever. It was stupid. I had thought when I went to see this it would be good, but I was wrong. M. Night Shyamalan just doesn't have the touch that he had in his older work (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable). Now with Devil out too, I'm only thinking to myself, "when will he stop." All his movies are now is just incredibly horrible storylines with stupid and effortless twists, like in this movie. This stupid end of the world action drama had no storyline terrible twist and is a waste of time and money and I do not think you should see it. Also to M. Night Shyamalan, STOP!!!! Expand
  36. Sep 21, 2012
    It may be no finer a horror film than other similar distinguished works, but it worked for me. The acting may have been a little off-par, but Shyamalan has produced something that is worth watching. The actors were well matched and the way events were anticipated through the wind in the trees and grass disturbed me thoroughly. Not only that, but the acts themselves alongside theIt may be no finer a horror film than other similar distinguished works, but it worked for me. The acting may have been a little off-par, but Shyamalan has produced something that is worth watching. The actors were well matched and the way events were anticipated through the wind in the trees and grass disturbed me thoroughly. Not only that, but the acts themselves alongside the atmospheric music almost scared the living daylights out of me. I think this film effectively posed a message towards the sceptics out there, of a growing problem that we need to face before it's too late, even if nobody else thought so. Expand
  37. Nov 5, 2011
    This became a dull film with a really bad plot, and confusing - but Wahlberg's performance was a little So and So with his character in The Happening. This film isn't what you might expect for a disaster film. It's a confusing film (for understanding what the film is about), and I think it wasn't showing any suspense or thrills in this sci-fi film.
  38. May 5, 2013
    There was a time when the name M Night Shyamalan was effectively a synonym for the new generation of writing: plots that could turn on a dime, characters that were interesting, and generally movies that could be counted on to be interesting and a good use of your time. Well, that era appears to be over. So let's run down The Happening. On its positive side (and there is a considerableThere was a time when the name M Night Shyamalan was effectively a synonym for the new generation of writing: plots that could turn on a dime, characters that were interesting, and generally movies that could be counted on to be interesting and a good use of your time. Well, that era appears to be over. So let's run down The Happening. On its positive side (and there is a considerable positive side), it is a unique execution of an uncommon premise: the environment has turned on us. But unlike most previous versions of the plot, this isn't about animals rising up en masse against us (whoops, sorry James Patterson...but Zoo was a real piece of cheese), but rather nature subliminally convincing us to do the dirty work for it. So, neat twist on a not-new idea. Unfortunately, though, Shyamalan's "new approach" completely wrecks what could, should have been an outstanding movie. Remember that in all of great works...and Shyamalan's early stuff...that they held to a basic maxim: tension is built most by not letting the audience see. Keep them guessing and off-balance. knew it, and Signs did it, too. (So did The Village, but a little less so.) The Happening? Total screwup. Where the camera should cut away, it doesn't. Shyamalan completely jettisoned any hope of creating an atmosphere that keeps the audience off balance. Instead, the film goes for splatter-gore shock value, and it goes way over the top. Where there used to be finesse in these films, all that is present in The Happening is the most pedestrian, hamfisted attempt to rattle the audience. What should have been a shocking nature-doesn't-like-us film ended up being Maximum Overdrive with trees. The sad part is that the plot had some actual ability to work; it didn't have to be a self-parody, but the absolutely classless, talentless writing doomed it. Characters were wooden and unconvincing, but NOT because Mark Wahlberg or Zooey Deschanel did a poor job; they did well with what they were given. The problem is that they were given drivel. Wahlberg was, well, Wahlberg. He really doesn't have a lot of gears as an actor, but he is dependable. Deschanel turned in a surprisingly touching and believable performance which was quite out of place in this pile of junk. (Allow me to clarify: the surprise was not that Zooey Deschanel could turn in such a performance; we know she can. What's surprising is that she was able to do that with this bucket of sludge script.) So, frankly, when you get right down to it, you do not watch The Happening because you want a cerebral, atmospheric thriller. You watch it because...well, frankly, I can't think of a reason to watch it deliberately. Maybe if you're a fan of splatter-horror. But for everybody else, there are much better things to watch. Much better. A sorely disappointed 2 out of 10 for the total misfire that was The Happening. Expand
  39. Feb 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When Mark Wahlberg (who is playing a High School science teacher in this movie *begins to chuckle*) started having a conversation with a plastic plant and referenced a song he rapped about back when he was Marky Mark, I just about threw up in my mouth. I'm far from kidding. Seriously. The concept behind this "horror" film was somewhat savvy but was POORLY executed by director M. Night Shyamalan to a point where you honestly wouldn't be called crazy if thought this film was a comedy. Stay far away and watch something else! Expand
  40. Sep 25, 2013
    Poor acted, Painfully slow, and the interesting premise is quickly killed off by the lack luster story and the pathetic ending that leaves you very unsatisfied. I can see why critics hate it so much.
  41. Sep 2, 2014
    M. Night Shyamalan + Mark Wahlberg + Zooey Deschanel? On what level did we truly expect this one to work. There's no traditional Shyamalan that we crave in each of his films.
  42. Apr 5, 2012
    A pretty pathetic attempt at a horror story. It was bizarre and creepy at times, but most of it was pretty stupid with some weird acting from a weird script. Interesting concept that was poorly done.
  43. Aug 4, 2012
    MovieBoozer Rating: Six-Pack. Do not watch this movie sober!

I would almost recommend watching this film just to revel in the sheer awfulness of it. Just sit back and laugh at all the millions of dollars and months of people
  44. Dec 8, 2012
    It has an eerie premise, but turns into nonsense. The best (worst?) part is when Mark Walhberg asks for the permission of plastic plants to enter their home.
  45. Jun 28, 2014
    It is so bad that you can watch it as a comedy. The plit was good...that was until you find the cause of this "epidemic" and performances are really bad that you laugh at them due to the awful screenplay. I thought that he would learn after Lady In The Water.
  46. Nov 8, 2012
    The Happening could've been so much more than it was, but Shyamalan cuts it down to 91 minutes and leaves us still hungry.
  47. Sep 22, 2013
    Ugh, what a waste of time, not really a spoiler but it's basically a bunch of people killing themselves, and that's it. The whole mystery element gets lost when you realize that the answer is pretty simple and just downright boring. Not to mention the seriously bad acting, although I suppose you could blame that on the 5 year-old that wrote the script, I mean seriously, in some situationsUgh, what a waste of time, not really a spoiler but it's basically a bunch of people killing themselves, and that's it. The whole mystery element gets lost when you realize that the answer is pretty simple and just downright boring. Not to mention the seriously bad acting, although I suppose you could blame that on the 5 year-old that wrote the script, I mean seriously, in some situations I was expecting the actors to just burst out laughing, and at some points it looked like Zooey Deschanel really, reeeeaaallyyy, REEEEEEAAAALLLLLYYY wanted to, and I honestly can't blame her. It was like all the actors involved sort of gave up half-way through probably thinking to themselves "well, this piece of junk movie isn't going to sell itself on it's story, hopefully our lackluster acting will convince people to want to watch it just for ****s and giggles" Expand
  48. Mar 9, 2013
    In The Happening Shyamalan doesn't only stomp on his career, he tries to stomps on Wahlberg's as well. This film tried to be creepy and I'm pretty everyone who saw this afterwards said to him or herself what the hell did I just watch.
  49. Jun 5, 2015
    To quote Tropic Thunder, I think Shamalan has gone "full retard." And as far as we know, you don't come back from "full retard." Was this movie supposed to be funny? Cause it contained some of the funniest moments I've ever seen. Whalberg thinking a doll is a person: "Mrs. Jones?", the roof jumper scene at the beginning, the... nah, there's too many to list. How do you go from makingTo quote Tropic Thunder, I think Shamalan has gone "full retard." And as far as we know, you don't come back from "full retard." Was this movie supposed to be funny? Cause it contained some of the funniest moments I've ever seen. Whalberg thinking a doll is a person: "Mrs. Jones?", the roof jumper scene at the beginning, the... nah, there's too many to list. How do you go from making The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs to something like this? Granted, there are some atmospheric and emotionally effecting scenes here, but the movie's even more tragic due to them because you see glimpses of what could have been. The dialogue is awkward, half the time the performances are awkward, I laughed at half of the lines and all the death scenes... What the heck Shamalan? Did you write and direct this thing drunk? I just don't understand how...Just....how?? Expand
  50. Jun 4, 2013
    Buen inicio y buen cierre, lo demás, buena trama aunque ciertamente añadir a ese anciana antipática a mitad de la nada no me pareció un buen toque y ademas que porque si la anomalía se fuera tampoco.
  51. Mar 20, 2014
    The happening is a bad movie, with a bad story and terrible performances, And that's just me being generous.
    believe it or not, M. Night is one of my favorite directors, yes even after all the terrible movies he's done, because sometimes i get what is he trying to deliver, however i didn't feel anything about this one.
    Mark Wahlberg is also one of my favorite actors, so saying this, is
    Mark Wahlberg is also one of my favorite actors, so saying this, is really hard for me.
    First the story which was dull and stupid, and then the fact that everything about this movie is forced,
    forced thriller and forced scenes and the fact that everything "should" be scary and weird.And all that was ok with me.
    what gets me is the terrible awful down right insulting performance by Zooey Deschanel, i mean seriously, she couldn't act at all and didn't make sense the entire film.
    and you have another bad performance by John Leguizamo and the sad thing is that even Mark Wahlberg performance was bad, watching him squeeze his face to make some impressions is really painful to watch.
    after all, this is just a bad movie being bad with no excuse of excising, thank you very much M. Night for making me feel weird about myself watching Mark Wahlberg talking to a plant, Sigh.
  52. Jun 7, 2014
    This movie is impressively bad!

This movie is impressively bad!

Is so bad that it becomes one of the must funny movies you can ever see; How is it that plants become such a hazard to humanity? is not even well explained, how do you run from the wind? that's impossible, why is the acting so awkward? I know the cast is talented but they were you just have fun to laugh. The director of this movie is a legend among filmmakers for starting on the top and then go way down bellow... The writing is horrible, the characters are dumb, the plot is funny and the directing is just idiotic...

I cannot believe that this is the same men who directed "The Sixth Sense", he is now a laughing stock and maybe he deserves this new heat... maybe one day he will come around but until then this will always be his worst movie...
  53. Jul 15, 2013
    Entretenida otra buena pelicula de M night salayman guarda un buen suspenso y trayectoria es el trauma de esta familia por salir de este casi irremediable problema
  54. Jan 13, 2016
    if you think of this movie as a comedy it works. From the ridiculous premise to the awful all kinds of horrid dialog, to the c-grade acting, this stinker will have you laughing at its "serious" moments. Wahlberg is miscast as perhaps the dumbest movie science teacher this decade while Deschanel delivers line after line of horsemanure dialog with an amusing look of mock self-awareness andif you think of this movie as a comedy it works. From the ridiculous premise to the awful all kinds of horrid dialog, to the c-grade acting, this stinker will have you laughing at its "serious" moments. Wahlberg is miscast as perhaps the dumbest movie science teacher this decade while Deschanel delivers line after line of horsemanure dialog with an amusing look of mock self-awareness and disbelief that she's actually being paid to act in this turkey. Just pirate and dont pay for this. Expand
  55. Jan 5, 2015
    M. Night Shyamalan chegou ao cúmulo do desastre,com esse pedaço de lixo,coitada da pessoa que teve que pagar o ingresso para assistir esse desastre da história do cinema. Mark Wahlberg faz um excelente trabalho mas o filme não ajuda
  56. Jun 14, 2013
    wow that was a bad movie. Starts good but seriously thenature wants to attack us? What the heck? M.night has made such great movies like The sixth sense and Devil is not that bad. But this one was extremely bad. Too scientific for a horror movie. Thumbs down
  57. Jul 15, 2013
    This review contains no spoilers, ironic really considering it was a waste of time and money and spoiled my day. People in the film start killing themselves for no apparent reason, probably after finding out who the director was. Very little Happens, which Happened to be the films only redeeming feature. If less and less had Happened, way back until what may Happen was merely aThis review contains no spoilers, ironic really considering it was a waste of time and money and spoiled my day. People in the film start killing themselves for no apparent reason, probably after finding out who the director was. Very little Happens, which Happened to be the films only redeeming feature. If less and less had Happened, way back until what may Happen was merely a possibility of it Happening until finally there was no chance of it Happening I would have had a better day, something I like might have happened. Expand
  58. Nov 15, 2013
    Little happens in The Happening.
    The Happening begins intriguing and mysterious until out stretching its concept. The acting is nothing special, and there isn't anything thought provoking about the ending. It simply ends when they decide its gotten too boring.
  59. Dec 20, 2013
    M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening" would rather be a nonsense science fiction film with no clues to the problem itself. It's direction of camera filming was a shaky performance and the characters in the film was not mere fully fit for filmography career, but as of the film's thrilling scenes and eerie to scary sounds, it can be considered an okay film.

The story mainly focuses on the

The story mainly focuses on the problem only not on the scale of the plot. The plot sequence was feeling randomly assessed. This film was too bad for Shyamalan's popularity on directing on some of his best critically acclaimed films like The Sixth Sense (1999).

Rating 5 10
  60. Sep 20, 2015
    Starts strong with a good story but is ultimately botched by poor film making and a sour acting performance from all involved, especially Mark Wahlberg.
  61. Apr 5, 2015
    Shyamalan's "plant vibe," was interesting that's what saved the film, however from a script gone bad this film was a atrocity that was hilariously bad. We are all a shamed that Whalberg and Zooey Deschanel are in a film were nothing makes sense and have idiotic characters and humor. Writer and director M Night Shyamalan tries to make a film that tries to watchable and entertaining (heShyamalan's "plant vibe," was interesting that's what saved the film, however from a script gone bad this film was a atrocity that was hilariously bad. We are all a shamed that Whalberg and Zooey Deschanel are in a film were nothing makes sense and have idiotic characters and humor. Writer and director M Night Shyamalan tries to make a film that tries to watchable and entertaining (he succeeds), but this movie is a B- movie. Grade B- Expand
  62. Nov 23, 2014
    The happening had great potential but the realization of M.Night Shyamalan was not very good.The dialogues and the acting were really bad and when the action start,after 10 minutes it's over and they are again talking.The movie was still enjoyable even if it's not realistic at all.
  63. Jun 26, 2015
    Quite possibly the funniest non-intentionally funny film I've ever seen. This is due to the excruciatingly bad acting, a script seemingly written by a 5 year old and a ridiculous plot. All of these things make this film extremely entertaining and definitely worth a watch just for a laugh.
  64. Feb 19, 2016
    M. Night Shyamalan's famous line from the Sixth Sense has all came true! He actually see dead people in this entire movie for 110 minutes. How cool is that!
  65. Feb 11, 2016
    I’ve finally started to do movie reviews, which I’ve wanted to do for quite some time. I decided to start off with in my opinion one of the worst but at the same time one of the best movies I’ve ever sat through, The Happening.

I only need to say the name of one man and you know how bad/good this movie is “M. Night Shyamalan.” Anyone who’s ever sat through at least one of this director’s films know that he is famous for making good actors turn in horrible performances and it carries on over with the happening as none of the actors seem to be acting normal at all but easily the most entertaining is our main star, Mark Wahlberg. Like Shyamolon, if anyone has seen any movies with Wahlberg in it know how good he is as Wahlberg always seems to turn in brilliant performances, but the Happening is his exception. He seems to deliver his lines in this weird over emphasized tone. Now at first I didn’t really think much of it in the first few scenes he was in as I saw he was playing a teacher so I was thinking teachers usually need to speak like this when they address their pupils but as I saw the movie go on, I realise that this is his whole performance. Zooey Deschannel is probably worse than Wahlberg’s. Her delivery is about as equally bad but the thing that seems to put her that extra step in front of Wahlberg on the bad acting scale is her facial expressions. She seems to widen her eyes in a lot of the shots, some of them when it’s even unnecessary to do it. Everyone else basically delivers the same sort of acting you would expect in a Shyamolon movie.

It’s also really lazily written, particularly the script. It’s hard to describe how lazily written the script is so what I’m going to do instead is quote a few of the lines from the movie.

“You like hot dogs right?”

“Cheese and crackers!”

“All we have left is cough syrup”

“Look I don’t know if you guys have read an article in the New York Times about honey bees

vanishing.”

I think that should be enough to tell you that the happening is a really bad movie. When I was going into this movie, I was expecting some sort of “the triffids” esque movie, but I just got a poorly directed, badly written, horribly acted post-apocalyptic drama. Avoid this.
  66. Feb 11, 2016
    Very good movie, a bit unrealistic but very good. And great cast! Liked it.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-625-The-Happening-online-free
  67. Mar 22, 2016
    I've finally started to do movie reviews, which I've wanted to do for quite some time. I decided to start off with in my opinion one of the worst but at the same time one of the best movies I've ever sat through, The Happening.

I only need to say the name of one man and you know how bad/good this movie is "M. Night Shyamalan." Anyone who's ever sat through at least one of this director's films know that he is famous for making good actors turn in horrible performances and it carries on over with the happening as none of the actors seem to be acting normal at all but easily the most entertaining is our main star, Mark Wahlberg. Like Shyamolon, if anyone has seen any movies with Wahlberg in it know how good he is as Wahlberg always seems to turn in brilliant performances, but the Happening is his exception. He seems to deliver his lines in this weird over emphasised tone. Now at first I didn't really think much of it in the first few scenes he was in as I saw he was playing a teacher so I was thinking teachers usually need to speak like this when they address their pupils but as I saw the movie go on, I realise that this is his whole performance. Zooey Deschannel is probably worse than Wahlberg's. Her delivery is about as equally bad but the thing that seems to put her that extra step in front of Wahlberg on the bad acting scale is her facial expressions. She seems to widen her eyes in a lot of the shots, some of them when it's even unnecessary to do it. Everyone else basically delivers the same sort of acting you would expect in a Shyamolon movie.

It's also really lazily written, particularly the script. It's hard to describe how lazily written the script is so what I'm going to do instead is quote a few of the lines from the movie.

"You like hot dogs right?" "Cheese and crackers!" Keep in mind that this is a sort of post-apocalyptic movie and there are just some random lines that are put in this movie about food for some reason.

"All we have left is cough syrup" "Look I don't know if you guys have read an article in the New York Times about honey bees vanishing." I think that should be enough to tell you that the happening is a really bad movie. When I was going into this movie, I was expecting some sort of "the triffids" esque movie, but I just got a poorly directed, badly written, horribly acted post-apocalyptic drama. Avoid this.

1. The movie seems more like a '50s science fiction film of extreme paranoia or an episode of "The Twilight Zone" that even at a swiftly paced 90 minutes feels padded.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    In short, this is a Shyamalan movie minus the bravado, the swagger; there are no audacious attempts to pull out the rug from under the audience, no ham-fisted lessons about the importance of religious belief or the power of storytelling.
    What a bunch of nonsense--effective nonsense, chilling nonsense, occasionally wrenching nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless.