5.8

1. AdamP
    Oct 16, 2008
    An entertaining movie - not Shyamalan's best, but entertaining.
  2. JacobS.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Please don't listen to critics. They're criticizing this movie because Shyamalan is behind it. Even if you didn't like The Village or Lady in the Water...you will seriously LOVE this movie! The dialogue was incredible; the acting was top-notch, and the shock affect was just...mesmerizing! I haven't been that on-edge since The Shining.
  3. Pete
    Jun 14, 2008
    The acting wasn't the greatest, but the premise is terrifying. I saw it last night, and I am still a little unsettled not only by what I saw, but the possible implications of it.
  4. Megan
    Jun 14, 2008
    I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a far departure from The Village, Signs and the Lady in the Water. No film will ever be as scary as Sixth Sense, but I must admit it really made me jump out of my seat a few times. It was a great scary movie.
  5. SamF.
    Jun 15, 2008
    Call me crazy but I saw this movie and found it interesting. The scary part of the movie is the idea of nature itself fighting against us. But the movie fails on a few levels because it leaves you with too many questions and too many holes in the plot. Running from wind is just too out there.
  6. RaveeshS.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Amazing Movie with some stunning Moments.
  7. HollyV.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Loved it. Nice counter-balance of gruesome and restraint... with shades of everything from Fahrenheit 451 to the Day the Earth Stood Still.
  8. JohnP.
    Jun 16, 2008
    Superb movie. Well crafted. Introspective. Well worth a night at the movies.
  9. OsittoA
    Jun 16, 2008
    A unique style to make movies, good suspense, only for those who want think, it is not for kick or scream, good acting of Walhberg, the nearest to Hitchcock, this and Signs.
  10. Dr.Ghettoblaster
    Jun 16, 2008
    The only thing wrong with this movie is the ending or closure. There is no resolution, twist, or even semi-explanation. I thought the entire movie itself was very well done and extremely suspenseful, but the ending (or lack thereof) was a real disappointment.
  11. JessyB.
    Jun 17, 2008
    In my case, What I saw at the end of the movie, well and heard, were all the audience clapping !, and happy to see another authentic movie of Night S. I founded it amazing.
  12. HitchCockian
    Jun 17, 2008
    You know what?, it's much better than Lady in the water and fool comments like our friend Ben H. did are telling us that theyre weak, I woudn't burn a wood, I will have more care about all forests, open your mind friend so u will see more than a joke in this good film. well done M.N.S.
  13. MC
    Jun 17, 2008
    Great movie.Some people just dont get it
  14. KellyH.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Obviously.. people keep expecting the sixth sense. get over it. this movie was great.
  15. Mr.Jones'LemonDrink
    Jun 18, 2008
    This was a GREAT movie. But you have to watch it from the right perspective. I can't imagine that anyone would TRY to take this movie seriously. It's a total send-up of classic B-movies. Am I the only one getting this??? Funniest movie I've seen all year. More laughs that Zohan and Love Guru put together!
  16. MayaB.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Is happening again, bad reviews for a good movie, critics from USA seem to hate Shyamalan, all my friends told me they liked a lot this film. Me too.
  17. KendekmarP
    Jun 19, 2008
    Shyamalan has proven he is better than Spielberg with this great film. Will be see as a classic in 30 years.
  18. FranzS.
    Jun 19, 2008
    The most important for me is being authentic, this movie is created with great style, hey what a power of its music, If u want to be so serious u won't enjoy anything!.
  19. BluBlues
    Jun 19, 2008
    Made me laugh in some dialogues, made me think about our nature, there was no moment of boring, refiiled with magnificent ideas, I'll wait for a second part, and 2 years 4 another Shyam. movie! of Course!.
  20. LaloR.
    Jun 21, 2008
    One of my favorites of all times is Signs, it was attacked by critics in a similar way, now it is a classic for many people, I think will happened the same, it deserves more attention to catch the art, give 0,1,2,3 or 5 or 6 is for poor people that don't have the ability to find it ( the art ).
  21. JosephB.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Stunning !!!, it doesn't deserves less than a 6, bad actings?? please, only if you think you can do it better.
  22. AninkhaR.
    Jun 20, 2008
    After seeing this picture, I can say I'm another fan... from mexico, we are more open mind for paranormal topics, Zona del silencio M.Night do it.
  23. JoseO.
    Jun 20, 2008
    A really good option among bad summer blockbusters.
  24. EdgarR.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I heard Roger Ebert, He knows more about movies that most of critics, and I say being a critic does'nt mean they're good on it, Shyamalan is better as a director and writter than they doing the easiest part: the criticism... by the way, I wanna see it one more time: the hapening.
  25. BrendaS.
    Jun 23, 2008
    I'm glad for not obey critics or, I saw it yesterday and now I can say this peculiar film is one of my favorites for 2008.
  26. ZarkoY.
    Jun 23, 2008
    I can only feel negative vibrations from critics, but they must understand That M.N.Shy doesn't make movies for them, theyre just for common and thinking people, not for ordinary tiny critics.
  27. YulisR.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Amazing in many aspects, but underrated by who hate it, how can u hate a movie?, it is just for entertainment, please!.
  28. AndyD.
    Jun 24, 2008
    This is a classy movie that not everyone will (or will be inclined to) appreciate.
  29. Williethefree
    Jun 24, 2008
    The best Overseas in the boxoffice, Hulk in second place, only USA seems to hate it, relax my friends!.
  30. CharlesX
    Jun 24, 2008
    Holley Joel Osment, Abigail Breslin, Bryce Dallas Howard and others were well known all around the world thanks to Night S. ...will happened one more time. ah, I like it very much, much much!.

1. The movie seems more like a '50s science fiction film of extreme paranoia or an episode of "The Twilight Zone" that even at a swiftly paced 90 minutes feels padded.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    In short, this is a Shyamalan movie minus the bravado, the swagger; there are no audacious attempts to pull out the rug from under the audience, no ham-fisted lessons about the importance of religious belief or the power of storytelling.
    What a bunch of nonsense--effective nonsense, chilling nonsense, occasionally wrenching nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless.