The Happy House

• Studio:
  • Release Date: May 3, 2013
9.0

1. May 4, 2013
    To me some movies are memorable but most are not. This little movie somehow managed to entrench itself firmly in my mind and just won't let go. I really enjoyed the odd cast of characters and the visual tone. The music/soundtrack is great. If you've ever wondered why you try to avoid bed and breakfasts at all cost this movie may provide a clue.
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    I totally enjoyed this movie. With its quirky cast of characters and haunting soundtrack, it made me laugh, cry and shriek in horror. A good watch for Halloween.
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Highly entertaining twist on the awkward B&B experience that turns a couples attempt to reconcile their marriage into a freakish jaunt through a maze of masterful deviant character portrayals and creatively clever plot consequences. Loved the undertone imagery, from the pointed background rhythm of the cuckoo clocks to the fear of the seemingly domed fate of the trapped vacationers, "likeHighly entertaining twist on the awkward B&B experience that turns a couples attempt to reconcile their marriage into a freakish jaunt through a maze of masterful deviant character portrayals and creatively clever plot consequences. Loved the undertone imagery, from the pointed background rhythm of the cuckoo clocks to the fear of the seemingly domed fate of the trapped vacationers, "like fish in a barrel Great sound track and character symmetry. Expand
  4. Sep 26, 2013
    Great movie. Rare combination of high tension as well as several laughs that all works well together. The character development and acting is superb. I thoroughly enjoyed.
  5. Sep 27, 2013
    Pulls you in and keeps you chuckling with its ironic take on the creepy B&B experience of sharing a home with a complete stranger, with all their quirks and baggage. Some real gems in the character lineup. A refreshing, droll take on the horror genre.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    May 2, 2013
    The film, a sleepy, low-budget affair, merely enacts a series of horror movie clich├ęs, as if that were enough. Its bland actors and wit-free script do nothing with the familiar elements but present them.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Atkinson
    Apr 30, 2013
    It's hard to be certain whether the film's placidity is an ironic gag, but the modesty at work turns out to be pretty likable, as strange as that sounds.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    Apr 29, 2013
    D.W. Young navigates his varying moods with an ease that's particularly impressive for a director making his feature debut, but he never capitalizes on his ability to coax down our guard.