6.5

1. Sep 15, 2014
    The point was to go with a friend and laugh our a**es off. This movie did the trick -- women who out-do the men. That's the kind of story I like to see and H-Wood rarely allows. Great humor, great action and a lot of funny lines. Yes, women can cuss and use foul language too. So what?
  2. May 16, 2014
    As if Melissa McCarthy isn't funny enough, add Sandra Bullock's funniest performance to the mix and you will not stop laughing from start to finish. A great time had by all... Bravo!
  3. Mar 15, 2014
    Melissa Mcarthy is a cursing bad ass which i love i did not look forward in her performance in bridemaids but i did forward in other movies like identity theif .
  4. Dec 3, 2013
    I have not laughed so much in a movie since Hangover 1. My jaw was aching and I had a grin on my face for an hour after we left the movie. Such great chemistry/interaction between Bullock and McCarthy. This what a comedy is meant to be.
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    If you didn't find these two wonderful actresses as funny and compatible as I did, I don't know what movie you saw, but it definitely wasn't The Heat!
  6. Aug 24, 2013
    One of the best comedy's to come out in recent times. Yes its cheesy, yes its crude. Does that bother me Nope. Sandra and Melissa's onscreen chemistry is sizzling. Perfect foils for one another, and to watch each of them grow through the movie is both hilarious and heart warming. Your jaw will hurt from smiling, and your stomach will be in agony from laughing. A must see.
  7. Aug 13, 2013
    There's no female comedy partnership like Bullock-McCarthy. I was excited to watch the movie, and the movie did not disappoint. A number of scenes even warranted water-spitting laughs. It tickled me. I love it.
  8. Jul 22, 2013
    This movie is all about the two leads, Bullock and McCarthy. They are hilarious together and work so well off each other, but there's no denying McCarthy is the star as she provides the majority of the laughs. It has a lot of swearing so be warned already about that, but its a clever concept as an FBI agent and Police Officer try and take down a drug lord with hilarious results of course. As long as you aren't taking it too seriously you will certainly enjoy this very funny Comedy Expand
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy cop buddies! How on earth, can this go wrong?!?!?! The Heat is capricious fun with hilarious dialogue and some smart ass entertainment. Bullock and McCarthy comic energy makes it almost impossible to find flaws in this movie, which there is, but deniable. The Heat is by far the funniest movie 2013. Bravo!!
  10. Jul 9, 2013
    The heat has to be one of the best movies I've seen, Sandra Bullock just made the movie GREAT! Mostly because of the mean things she would say or just the actions, in the major events! I would really recommend you to watch it!
  11. Jul 7, 2013
    Great movie! I could not stop laughing. I love Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, they make a great comical pair. The combination of McCarthy's slapstick humor and Bullock's dry sense of humor they could not have gone wrong. If you are looking for deep, serious flick to watch by no means is this the one to watch, however if you are looking for a carefree flick with humor this is the one! This movie focuses on the two female characters and how they are looked at negatively from their peers at work. This film shows how "two" people that are not highly respected from their peers, that coming together as a team what they can accomplish. I definitely recommend this film if you are a Bullock and McCarthy fan, I am buying the DVD once it comes out! Expand
  12. Jul 3, 2013
    I almost skipped this movie because of the horribly photoshopped poster. The marketing people really messed up with this one because this movie was refreshingly hilarious. I'll admit my expectations were low, but i saw it on opening night with a packed house, and people (including me) were doubling over with laughter. It was just fun. Plus, it wasn't bogged down with side stories about someone's boyfriend or a romantic entanglement that derailed the mission or created an inner conflict for one of the characters. These women are badass and they don't apologize for it. We need more films like this: written by women with strong female characters that everyone (including men), will relate to and be entertained by.
    Kudos to Bullock and McCarthy for their commitment to the funny, honest, raw, raunchy, poignant, gritty roles. More please!
  13. Jun 30, 2013
  14. Jun 30, 2013
    Yes, it's loud and sometimes crude, but it's fast, sharp and funny. McCarthy and Bullock are strong actresses with great natural comedic timing and terrific chemistry together.

If your sensibilities are easily rocked by women acting less ladylike? Then stick to your boy buddy films... but good luck finding one this funny. This film is unapologetic which only makes it funnier...

I
    haven't heard that much laughter in a theater in ages... Looking forward to Heat 2. Expand
  15. Jun 29, 2013
    A Ladies Day Out movie! Sandra and Melissa rocked as partners. Only the villain was weak. i rate this movie 10/10. Can't wait for Heat 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Aug 3, 2013
    A good cop/bad cop action comedy with the funniest two-women-above-the-title pairing in memory.
  2. Reviewed by: Emma Johnston
    Jul 19, 2013
    Following the buddy-cop handbook to the letter, The Heat is derivative stuff, but McCarthy gives it the kick it needs to keep rolling along.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Tobias
    Jul 10, 2013
    As a buddy-cop movie, The Heat seems almost deliberately generic, with boilerplate plotting carried across with zero panache. It wagers that McCarthy and Bullock’s comic energy will make all the difference—a smart bet, as it happens.