5.5

1. May 29, 2012
    Passable horror that has some good moments but unfortunately falls into the category of "what are they playing at" and instead of just taking a hint, turning around and heading home the road trip continues and subsequent mayhem ensues.
  2. Aug 28, 2011
    This movie could have been a lot better if there weren't so many what in the hell moments. I understand that it's a movie and I need to suspend my disbelief but some of it was just to much. The soundtrack also didn't fit in a couple spots either. One thing that deserves credit is the acting was actually pretty good. Usually horror movies are not packed with actors that make you go wow,This movie could have been a lot better if there weren't so many what in the hell moments. I understand that it's a movie and I need to suspend my disbelief but some of it was just to much. The soundtrack also didn't fit in a couple spots either. One thing that deserves credit is the acting was actually pretty good. Usually horror movies are not packed with actors that make you go wow, but this one was actually very respectable. Overall the movie isn't anything great but it a lot better then some.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    I don't know why this movie got such bad reviews. I liked it. I had suspense, gore, and action. And I though the ending was a plot twist. I didn't really expect it to happen the way it did.
  4. Jan 22, 2013
    While this is a decent Thriller what lets it down is just pure stupidity of some of the characters, and you can't help but hate the situation Jim & Grace get caught up in. Sean Bean is certainly convincing as our Hitcher and you really hate his character, so clearly he's doing something right. It's not an overly eventful film and its also rather short, so overall it's not going to be upWhile this is a decent Thriller what lets it down is just pure stupidity of some of the characters, and you can't help but hate the situation Jim & Grace get caught up in. Sean Bean is certainly convincing as our Hitcher and you really hate his character, so clearly he's doing something right. It's not an overly eventful film and its also rather short, so overall it's not going to be up there with other films similar to it, but for what its worth its still a good film worth a look. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    If you boil off dialogue, performance, narrative logic and grind a movie down to the nub of genre, will there be any suspense left? The answer is yes, but only in a Pavlovian sense. You react to this dull shockathon like a wired lab rat who's seen it all before. And guess what? You have.
    Bean carves out his own modest variations on the theme of John Ryder-on-the-storm, but Bush and Knighton are so blandly forgettable that it's hard to believe that they're the protagonists and not Victims 1 and 2.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Saito
    The Hitcher's main problem is that many of the title character's dirty deeds are done off-camera. Instead of seeing Ryder trap his victims before he kills them, the audience is treated to plenty of butchered corpses that seem to magically appear after Ryder leaves a room.