6.9

1. Sep 1, 2014
    Is it possible for Nancy Meyers to ever fail us? The Holiday is charming and romantic in every way necessary. The chemistry between these actors is astonishing. I'd watch this one at any time of the year.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    Never have I ever had a musical score move me like this one. It fits the story so well. It brings the characters to life in a way that is absolutely indescribable. It takes a movie that would be maybe a 7 and converts it to a strong 10.
  3. Jun 2, 2013
    The Holiday is one my all-time favorite rom-coms. At a seemingly lengthy 2 hours and 15 minutes, a typical romantic comedy would crumble and overstay its welcome; thankfully, The Holiday is not your typical rom-com. It features some strong central performances by actors that have great chemistry together. The result is a wholly satisfying film where you actually care about the characters involved.
  4. Sep 3, 2012
    This movie was way to sappy. It was too much of a romantic story that could have branched off. Kate Winslet and jack Black's story line as far more interesting than the other side.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A lavishly overstuffed gift basket of a movie.
  2. It's formulaic but with a big heart.
    The Holiday is no vacation. Sloppy writing, an overindulgent editor, and poor casting have taken an intriguing premise and transformed it into an uneven mess.