2.1

1. DebraL.
    Jun 14, 2005
    What was Hollywood thinking in making this God Awful film? Jackie Gleason and the Honeymooner's is one of the best sitcoms in television history. I still watch them today and laugh out loud. This ridiculous movie denigrades the memory of that great cast and is pointless. Avoid.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Jackie Gleeson is rolling in his grave.
  3. Irwin
    Jun 16, 2005
    Come all? Who is going to be dumb enough to rate this film a 1? It's an abomination that it was even released. It will be gone in a week.
  4. RajivM.
    Jun 27, 2005
    Pretty lame and I am being kind. If you need a couple of hours to catch some ZZZZ's in an empty theater then here you go. At least it was cool inside.
  5. LarryW.
    Jul 21, 2005
    Chad, Chad, Chad? I see you on almost every movie site at Metacritic. For you to give this trailer trash a 5 means that I can no longer read or respect your views. You are hereby sumarily dismissed from going to the movies as you are in definite need of a frontal lobotormy. Call your doctor and schedule the procedure if you really think this garbage deserved better than a zero. Have you Chad, Chad, Chad? I see you on almost every movie site at Metacritic. For you to give this trailer trash a 5 means that I can no longer read or respect your views. You are hereby sumarily dismissed from going to the movies as you are in definite need of a frontal lobotormy. Call your doctor and schedule the procedure if you really think this garbage deserved better than a zero. Have you ever seen the real Honeymooners? How is the world can you even remotely compare this to the original. You need to see the doctor immediately. You have lost your mind. Expand
  6. AlexG.
    Jul 8, 2005
    I really tried to like this as I still laugh at the original Honeymooner's no matter how many times I watch it. This version is simply awful devoid of even a chuckle. How can you take the funniest sitcom of all time and turn out this crapola? Very disappointing.
  7. Jane
    Jun 12, 2005
    AWFUL!
  8. Rodney
    Jun 13, 2005
    A disgrace to the memory of Ralph Kramden, et al.
  9. johnh.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Not many movies that were originally t.v. shows are very good and this movie is no exception. i wasted 90 minutes and full price on this piece of s... this is my pick for the worst movie of the year so far. it sucked hard.
  10. Yvonne
    Jun 18, 2005
    I wanted to give it a 1 so badly. But, in all honesty it is so bad that I couldn't even in jest register a positive number.
  11. George
    Jun 21, 2005
    An attack on the senses. Possibly the worst movie of the decade? Makes a B movie look like Gone With The Wind.
  12. ChrisB.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Don't see this movie!!
  13. Rob
    Jun 26, 2005
    Jeb you'd better lay off the glue! This movie wins the Razzberry as the Worst Movie Of The Year hands down. Terrible, disjointed, and a total disgrace to the memory of the late Honeymooners.
  14. Loyd
    Jul 7, 2005
    After seeing War Of The Worlds I vote that War is even worse than this. Both are amateur productions. War is laughable although playing for suspense, and the Honeymooners playing for laughs has absolutely none. The other one person in the audience burped. Does that count as a giggle? Avoid.
  15. PotatoSalad
    Aug 14, 2005
    Chad, you've seen one movie too many. Time to give up your Advance Scout badge. You stink if you thought this had any credibility whatsoever? Awful in ever sensd of the word.
  16. AlianG.
    Jun 12, 2005
    ----- Paramount Rep: Hey, here's an idea! Let's take a classic TV sitcom - uh... The Honeymooners - and cast an entirly black cast for todays youth! They all listen to that rap right? They love the black people! Right? Right? That WILL make money, right? Right? Filmmaker: Er.... will I get paid a lot? I'm defacing a classic right? We HAVE to get paid... Steve got a cool 4 ----- Paramount Rep: Hey, here's an idea! Let's take a classic TV sitcom - uh... The Honeymooners - and cast an entirly black cast for todays youth! They all listen to that rap right? They love the black people! Right? Right? That WILL make money, right? Right? Filmmaker: Er.... will I get paid a lot? I'm defacing a classic right? We HAVE to get paid... Steve got a cool 4 million for working on Bewitched, and you know thats gonna bomb! PR: But Will Ferral is IN IT! Right? Right? OH! We shoulda had Will Smith, huh? FM: No, no, but, wouldn't make more sense to cast actors in these rolls that... make sense? Fill Ferral as Deron? Huh... I go along with it, lets get Cedric the Entertainer... I get paid now right? ----- Well, thats seems to be what went on at Production Companies across the land this year. This is simply a horrible movie that was, yes, I will say it, "racist-ly" cast to appeal to the Hip-Hop American Youth that is falsely presented by the media. Do you honestly think people will see a drab comedy, with no real chemisty, and a dull plot just because you threw in the 'twist' of a black cast? Being of African descent I am put off to say the least! Do you think you can bring in a few bucks from the black community by casting a black cast! And hell, you wont even get 5 bucks from fans of the classic TV show! It is nothing like to show, there is no semblence what-so-ever. Stop making bad movies! Screw it, Im gonna go see Batman. Expand
  17. MarkB.
    Jun 15, 2005
    The rule of thumb is that while full-length film translations of dramatic or action-oriented TV shows occasionally work (The Fugitive, The Untouchables, the first Mission:Impossible movie), theatrical versions of TV comedies never do. (The two witty Brady Bunch movies were parodies, and hence don't count.) Well, every rule is made to be broken, and the big-screen Honeymooners is so The rule of thumb is that while full-length film translations of dramatic or action-oriented TV shows occasionally work (The Fugitive, The Untouchables, the first Mission:Impossible movie), theatrical versions of TV comedies never do. (The two witty Brady Bunch movies were parodies, and hence don't count.) Well, every rule is made to be broken, and the big-screen Honeymooners is so completely disastrous that if life weren't too short as it is, it would seriously tempt me to rewatch and reevaluate the relative merits of such bowsers as Sgt. Bilko, McHale's Navy and Car 54, Where Are You? You'd be far, far better off to view all of the original, incredibly beloved sitcom's legendary first run of half-hour episodes, not just because they really are genuine classics that still hold up beautifully...but because this 91-minute movie plays and feels much, much longer than every episode of the original "classic 39" combined! Director John Schultz (Like Mike) and his team of rewriters have completely missed the major focus of Jackie Gleason's masterpiece, which wasn't about get rich quick schemes at all but about character and relationships...and as such, its central message wasn't all that far removed from that of It's A Wonderful Life: Ralph Kramden could never be the loser he saw himself as because his prickly but vital relationships with his wife Alice and best friend Ed Norton were the most valuable possession he'd ever have. The by-the-numbers stock situations Schultz and company put Ralph and Ed through (dog races, doctored chicken dinners, being forced to perform in front of a society crowd, etc., etc., ad nauseam) aren't even funny on paper much less on screen, but that almost wouldn't matter if the performers made them work. They don't. Cedric the Entertainer has heretofore always been amusing, whether doing standup in The Original Kings of Comedy or playing a very unique character in the Barbershop films, but he limits his attempt at replicating Gleason's characterization to a superficial reproduction of The Great One's famous bellow that's inconsistent, noticeably self-conscious and embarrassing to watch. Gabrielle Union, Mike Epps and Regina King, perhaps attempting to avoid Cedric's pitfall, respond by creating no characters whatsoever. That said, The Honeymooners would be no worse or more tortuous than a hundred other failed, forgettable movie comedies if it weren't for one factor: its taint of reverse racism. (Did I say "taint"? Scratch that; make it "stench".) The "villain" in this movie is a White realtor who, after being treated like dirt in a restaurant by the two wives who work there as waitresses (merely for requesting that his breakfast be fixed in a way that any International House of Pancakes would have no problem doing) is fighting to save a deal that he worked long and hard on that their attempt to buy a duplex on the property would completely sabotage; his very reasonable compromise solution is treated with utter contempt by the two couples. And who do they cast as the realtor? Eric Stoltz gets the thankless role (which he actually displays some charm in), not because of his considerable acting chops but because, with his fire-red mane and quintuple-digit freckles, he's about as big a stereotypical "honky" as the producers could get! (I've seen mid-1970s action/exploitation flicks starring Pam Grier and/or Fred Williamson that had less of a facile "get whitey" 'tude than is displayed here!) Since the moviemakers are actually proud of being too spineless and politically correct to include the TV show's most famous tagline in its proper context (but NOT too proud to feature tons of adolescent sexual innuendo and a hide-the-booger joke), I'll mention it here, albeit in a differently altered context: "To the moon, Alice! Take the negative of this movie with you...and please, please leave it there!!" Expand
  18. TommyB.
    Jun 19, 2005
    Moronic and lame. A waste of time and money. I demanded a refund and got it. Its an attack on your senses. If you plan to see this drek make sure you place a bag on your head or the only other moron in the theater may recognize you.
  19. AlyE.
    Jun 21, 2005
    I actually wanted to give this doo-doo of a movie a negative score, but Metacritic doesn't allow for that. So a ZERO it is. And can I just say this: Anytime Roger Ebert gives a movie like this a favoriable review... well, let's just say I will no longer take anything he says seriously from here on out. AWFUL MOVIE. And note to Cedric the Non-Entertainer: For the love of Christ, I actually wanted to give this doo-doo of a movie a negative score, but Metacritic doesn't allow for that. So a ZERO it is. And can I just say this: Anytime Roger Ebert gives a movie like this a favoriable review... well, let's just say I will no longer take anything he says seriously from here on out. AWFUL MOVIE. And note to Cedric the Non-Entertainer: For the love of Christ, PLEASE stick to stand-up comedy and leave the silver screen to talented, trained actors ('cuz you are certainly not one). That accent... what the H-E-double-hockey-stix was that??? Expand
  20. JohnR.
    Jun 23, 2005
    This one should be sent to the moon. (That's a polite way of saying it ought to be banished from the planet.)
  21. Harry
    Jul 22, 2005
    Larry I'm with you. How in the world did Chad give this a 5? Possibly the worst movie of the year. But it is close with War of Idiots running a very close second. I wonder if Chad will give that idiot movie a 10? Chad better stick to your day job because you have no validity on this board any longer. A 5? Are you freakin crazy man?

1. Epps has a nicely beaten charm to him -- among the leads, he alone looks like he knows what a trip to the moon costs.
    This appalling multiculti upgrade of the ’50s sitcom is about as funny as a bus accident.
  3. The movie suffers from a devastating flaw for a comedy: It isn't very funny.