8.0

1. Aug 23, 2014
    This was definitely a step up from the first Hunger games. It gets deeper into whats going on outside of the games and that caught my interest. The ending makes you me believe the next one will be a step even better.
  2. Aug 2, 2014
    So producers be like:
    -So what do we do in this next movie?
    -Idk man I was busy buying stuff with the money we got from the first release $$$
    -Let's just throw in the same stuff we put in the first movie,Katness and Peeta get in the game again,they kiss,they **** Gale he's a looser,he didn't fight in the dome as Peeta did and because Peeta couldn't find a suitable girlfriend even after
    all that
    -Yeah man! that's good! And let's say there will be a rebelion which will **** the Capitol but we won't show any of that lol
    -Ooh that's good,let's keep all that for the 3rd one.Alright people,let's do this !
    All that being said,wake up people! You've just watched a rerun of the first movie which could've contained all the new stuff if it was 20 mins longer.If there is anything I appreciate about this movie is that it taught me to trust my intuition when I think my gf likes someone else but she says I'm the only one.There is proof that she is most probably surely lying.Thx for reading :)
  3. Jul 28, 2014
    "Catching Fire" is a stunning improvement on its predecessor, undeniably more original and mature. The film at last deals with its dystopian premise, expressing points of view on several issues that have emerged in modern societies. Characters seem like they have grown up, and are ready to cope with the horror reality around them. I liked "Catching Fire" for not only condemning the dystopian situation but also going on to overturn it. There are principles on how things happened in Panem established in the first film, that collapse here. Every aspect of the film feels better and more fresh, and, of course, its open-ended finale leads right to "Mockingjay". Expand
  4. Jul 21, 2014
    Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss is spectacular, the hunger games catching fire is much better than its predecessor, is visually beautiful, it is a glory to see, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta is beautiful. THE HUNGER GAMES IS THE BEST YEAR EXPERIENCE. NO falls into clichés and stereotypes, is pure drama and action. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT SPECTACULAR OF THE WORD.
  5. Jul 19, 2014
    Supera por mucho a la primera, posee unos mejores efectos visuales, un gran vestuario y maquillaje, aunque con un guión un tanto pobre, pero con actuaciones muy buenas, una magnifica dirección de Francis Lawrence, y es casi como si te leyeran el libro.
  6. Jul 18, 2014
    Ya kids killing eachother, just what I wanted to see, sandy hook massacre must get even better ratings? You sick fuks? Me thinks not, no creativity whatsoever
  7. Jul 12, 2014
    Consensus: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is as good as it should be, it's exciting, thrilling and well acted. 83/100 [B+]

The film begins as Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the
    districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever. I watched this film on my computer, because i'm not a huge fan of these books and this franchise.

The plot still interesting and the acting still excellent here. I mean, it is a film made it to please the fans of the book, was also made ​​to raise tons of money and also was made to continue with another sequel, to please more fans and make more money, haha. I'm not complaining, that's what this franchise is, it's a franchise with quality, exciting moments and lots of fun for a young audience. Jennifer Lawrence is the star of the film, she gives her 100%, the other performers are good too but Lawrence is definitely the only character that we care about. Sam Claflin and Josh Hutcherson are just a plus.

Throughout the film there are lots of enjoyable violence and memorable action sequences, Catching Fire is a very effective sequel, this director knows how to make this more exhausting, thrilling and atmospheric. These unlucky characters have to deal with angry monkeys, dangerous fumes, etc. The screenplay is terrific, though at times is predictable, the chemistry between these characters is truly believable. Overall Catching Fire is exciting, violent, full of social commentary and more themes from its source material that will please fans of the book, fans of the franchise and casual viewers, i will watch the next film of this franchise of course. [B+] Check out my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx Twitter: @MemoBosque
  8. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I have seen the first film but have not read any of the books.
    Review:
    Pros: We go through the same process again as per the first film, except now Katniss is stronger, the Resistance has arisen and the Games are not going to go according to plan. Great story and action. As good as the first film.
    Cons: A bit of repetition of the first film?
    4.5/5 - Good enough
    to pay to watch it in the cinema and perhaps buy the DVD. Expand
  9. Jun 16, 2014
    I love the story and the special effects are good. The only bad side to this movie is that sadly we've been here before with the first film. I think I sort of went in knowing what this film was going to be like. I wouldn't be surprised if the last two movies are scored lower than the first two. I think the first one is the best. Whenever a new movie comes out you don't know what to expect, will it be good, or will it be bad? No one knows until someone sees it. The one thing I've seen over the years is in all genres especially in action and horror films the special effects have gotten way better. Catching Fire is an awesome sequel, but if there's one Hunger Game film to watch over and over again, it's without a doubt, the first film will always be the best. Expand
  10. Jun 13, 2014
    It kept me excited but also provided food for thought. I love how the whole of it reflects back on the viewer... we witness first-hand how seductively entertaining a show like Hunger Games would be. But while watching the show, we get the benefit of seeing through the lies and peaking into the backstage drama, which has more depth in this sequel. The ending surprised me. Recommended!
  11. Jun 11, 2014
    First of all I'd like to start out saying that I think this second one was better than the first. What amazes me the most about this is that the movie/story/book/author/director were able to keep the whole series going with this book. Them thinking of a way to keep it going in such a clever fashion amazes me. This I think is better than the first because not only did it portray the story better but it did it in a way that gets me excited and suspended. Movie over book, but only for this second one, catching fire, for the first it would have had to be a whole different conversation. Expand
  12. Ed_
    Jun 11, 2014
    Briefly: waited for a movie like that one for a long time.

This Hunger Games film is much more about than killing. It's about love, deception, cruelty, politics, deception and humanity in a great mix. I'm extremely interested in politics and humanity, so this movie is absolutely for me. I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Actors are perfect, they know how and when they have to show emotions.

Effects are also enthralling.
    All in all, creators had a lot of work with this film but achieved an unbelievably incredible sequel.

Keep up the good work!
  13. May 29, 2014
    Once again I liked the pre-games dystopian sequences, but this times the games were more intense and the whole story becomes more complex. I like the fact that the plot moves from hunger games to revolution. Overall, this part is slightly better than the first movie.
  14. May 23, 2014
    | Great improvement on the first film. A must-see if you’re a fan or want in on the hype! |
    +The emotion of the characters is brought on strong with compassion;
    +Avatar-grade scenery and animals… enough said;
    +Follows the novel very closely, +story is very understandable;
    -Some parts are left out.

You can find more on this review at http://BLAZONREVIEWS.tk!
  15. May 22, 2014
    This movie was 30% Train wreck. because when cattiness and peeta arrive in some other place, some guy got shot and I didn't know why? Now I know because they think he was causing trouble.
  16. May 12, 2014
    Well i finally got around to watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and i have to say that it was more entertaining then the first installment of the franchise. Sure i liked the first one but i felt it lacked in a few areas so that's why i ended up giving it only a 6.5 out of 10. This movie improves were The Hunger Games lacked the directing acting, action, plot, Special effect, all better in this one. Its always good when a sequel can out do its predecessor it gives you a sense that the later installments can only get better and were this movie is leading to its looking like its going to be that way.

Just like the first movie Catching Fire takes some time to get into the actual Hunger Games which i was a bit disappointed by but at least the first half was of the movie was more enjoyable this time around also its more so of a set up for things to come. Luckily the action scenes weren't in "shaky-cam" mode thanks to new director Francis Lawrence so we were finally able to see the kills something the first movie desperately needed. Still though the lack of action scenes was really disappointing i was hoping that there was going to be more of them especially because that was a big gripe for people with the first movie. The Fog scene was really cool but after hearing about the blood rain i wished we could have seen that.

The main cast was all good as before so nothing really to catch up on them with but i do have to say that i fell in love with Jena Malone's character Johanna Mason she was a awesome kickass chick cussing on camera and getting naked in front of Katniss, Haymitch, and Peeta she stole the show for me really. Sam Claflin as Finnick was also a nice surprise because i thought that he was going to be the big douche this time around but i was wrong. Now we come to the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman his part in the movie is great no doubt about that it just sucks that he wasnt in the film more but im glad to see that we are still yet to see the rest of him.

Overall i give it a 7.7 The end scene with Katniss crying then getting serious was awesome and definitely a great tone setter for the next movie.
  17. May 10, 2014
    very much darker than the last book and film director francis lawrence knew what to leave in the book it is impressively directed and wonderfully written by the creator of the dark world as well as great acting this is one film the cast and crew were very careful with
  18. May 2, 2014
    It is not very common that a sequel turns out to be better than the original, but somehow here's Catching Fire, with an awesome performance by Lawrence and better CGI that makes this movie an amazing experience.
  19. Apr 26, 2014
    I liked the original Hunger Games, but this second instalment was very disappointing. A lot of action at night, so we can't see what's happening. Too much of the movie was spent in the pre Hunger Games bit. The actual Hunger Games action seemed too fake. It was action for actions sake, with no continuity or reason. Talking about continuity - every time you see Catniss, she has a different number of arrows in her quiver! Acid smoke that just stops, then magic water! Too ridiculous. I won't be watching the next instalment. Expand
  20. Apr 20, 2014
    this is a great 2nd movie to the hunger games except it has a stupid ending which means i cant wait till the 1 st par of mocking jay (a 2 part 3rd movie for the hunger games) to come out in november 2014
  21. Apr 19, 2014
    Catching Fire has improved significantly upon the original Hunger Games film. Now we are presented with less shaky cam and more depth. However, the ending is still too deus-ex-machina-esque...
  22. Apr 18, 2014
    The first 30 minutes of this movie I was wondering whit was getting such high praise. And then it started to pickup and now I know why. Once the hunger games part started it was so good. And the ending was great. I cant wait for the next one to come out.
  23. Apr 16, 2014
    Besides from having some dull performances from some supporting cast members, having some unrealistic life-saving coincidences and the occasional lack of logic, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is better than its great predecessor, proving to be bigger and more thrilling and providing a powerhouse performance by Jennifer Lawrence and a fabulous performance by Stanley Tucci. A rare sequel that surpasses it's predecessor, albeit not having the emotional impact of the original. Expand
  24. Apr 14, 2014
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is definitely an improvement upon the first film. With a deeper emotional depth and a better look at the series themes, and let's not forget an amazing lead performance from Academy-Award-Winner: Jennifer Lawrence.
  25. Apr 12, 2014
    A young-adult franchise movie that reflects concretely the message from the book with an almost prefect performance from Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen.
  26. Apr 11, 2014
    I like science fiction. I like post apocalyptic stories. I like dystopian stories. I like smart original stories. I like the Hunger Games. It's a fine story about an Atheist utopia where everyone's happy and peaceful and life is good without gawd.
  27. Apr 3, 2014
    Catching fire is a movie based on the second book of the hunger games trilogy.
    It actually managed to stay true to the source material even though it could be difficult to follow for newcomers. Some cuts had to be made in order to fit in the movie-time vs book-time but they do not harm the story flow.
    Katniss Everdeen is the main character, surviving the first deadly edition of the
    hunger games and now trying to find a way to elaborate what happened to her while trying to move on with her life.
    What she doesn't know is that her actions are inspiring a revolt in the whole world, so she must decide if obeying the capitol rules or be the "mockingjay" and be the embodyment of the spark of the rebellion.
    The story is captivating from start to finish, new additions to the cast are welcome and well rounded enough to be likable and relatable.
    Main problem is that it ends on a big cliffhanger wich will see its resolutions in the two upcoming films.
  28. Apr 2, 2014
    probably a good book and story, but translate this into a movie and you get nothing worth watching. The first movie was basically the tournament or the condemned with kids, bad story but still entertaining to watch. The only problem is I had the same expectations from this movie, 1 hour of survival fights, since I just don't care about the story because of the first movie... Well guess what, in this one they fight like 20 min and for the rest they talk about their totally bizar society that doesn't hold together and for one reason or another I hated every single one of the costumes in this movie. It's like we're set back 50 years. So yeah if u liked the story good for you but if you just watch this for the sake of entertainment you're going to fall a sleep. I really can't figure out what it is exactly but I really didn't like this movie. In my opinion this is just a really bad movie.

just my opinion
  29. Apr 1, 2014
    Catching Fire tops it's predecessor in almost every way. The actors have grown more comfortable in their roles, as the acting has improved greatly. The special effects are far better than what we got the last time around. And Ceasar Flickerman is twenty times funnier. The first hour of the movie solely focuses on the political tensions of Panem, and it is very well done. I even got scared by President Snow. (Not to mention the Peacekeepers actually look intimidating now). We also get to know more about victors that have been reaped for the 75 Hunger Games. This is a nice change from what we got in the last movie, "Cato bad! Marvel bad! They big! Kill! Run!" When we get to the Games, the movie retains all of it's tension from earlier and adds a nice layer of action to top it off. And there's almost no shaky camera this time. The two Mockingjay sequels are going to have to work hard to not be overshadowed. Expand
  30. Mar 28, 2014
    When I saw the first Hunger Games film, I enjoyed it but I went into it without reading the book at all. So I made sure that I read the books before the next film came out and I enjoyed the book enough to where I got really hyped for the Catching Fire movie and it was amazing!! I enjoyed this movie so much and it was a lot better than the first Hunger Games movie. It had some great drama and suspense to keep me captive around the action scenes. The locations were also cool and I liked that they seemed more open and fleshed out in this movie than the first film. The characters were good, the acting was good, everything in this film is great. This is a one of kind film that I think sci-fi and dystopia fans will really enjoy, even if they didn't read the book. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Nov 25, 2013
    Yet, despite the good acting, the middle section of the film, set at the Capitol, is attenuated and rhythmless — the filmmakers seem to be touching all the bases so that the trilogy’s readers won’t miss anything.
  2. Reviewed by: Susan Wloszczyna
    Nov 22, 2013
    With each on-screen chapter, the poor girl from District 12 continues to fulfill her destiny as an inspiration and a rebel fighter. She is but one female, but she's the perfect antidote to the surplus of male superheroes out there.
  3. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Everything that felt clumsy in The Hunger Games has been improved upon here. That's most apparent in the clarity of the action, but it also extends to how efficiently the film establishes so many new ensemble members.