Lionsgate | Release Date: March 23, 2012
Generally favorable reviews based on 1794 Ratings
1,247
Watch Now
wendy0Mar 23, 2012
The Hunger Games = Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome with Teenagers. I'm not saying it is a bad film but much of the premise was clearly borrowed from the Mel Gibson apocalyptic trilogy of Mad Max/ The Road Warrior.
gupet90Mar 23, 2012
I'm not really sure if i should compared the movie to the book. Because usually the movie is NEVER as good as the books are. What i really loved about the books was the "Katniss-Perspective" which the movie didn't have a ruined it quite aI'm not really sure if i should compared the movie to the book. Because usually the movie is NEVER as good as the books are. What i really loved about the books was the "Katniss-Perspective" which the movie didn't have a ruined it quite a bit. A lot of the books are about Katniss thoughts about everything and everyone around here. And the movie didn't give away that feeling at all.

And like another person wrote about the movie that i fully agree with: "The cinematography was so terrible."

The movie also skipped a lot of the book too. And i understand that it's quite hard to fit in everything.
That's why i think it would better if it was made into a TV Show like Game of Thrones instead of a movie.
ripvanbuttsteakMar 23, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie was OKAY at best. The cinematography was so terrible that I was having motion sickness. Some of the scenes made me flat out go: â Expand