The Hurt Locker

7.3

1. Aug 25, 2012
    Finally a war film about the middle east that doesn't try to be too intelligent yet is seemingly aimed at intelligent people. A wonderful film which was hands down better than Avatar though I did think that other films were overlooked for Best Picture. Jeremy Renner evolved in this film from supporting actor in an action film to a fantastic lead in a serious film. This was a huge turningFinally a war film about the middle east that doesn't try to be too intelligent yet is seemingly aimed at intelligent people. A wonderful film which was hands down better than Avatar though I did think that other films were overlooked for Best Picture. Jeremy Renner evolved in this film from supporting actor in an action film to a fantastic lead in a serious film. This was a huge turning point within his career. Expand
  2. Aug 1, 2012
    This is a great movie and one of the best war films I ever watched. The only thing that I didn't like was the use of the shaky camera, but it doesn't really distract from actually telling the story. Personally, I just don't like shaky camera but most of the time it was used in this film was from the main characters' perspective (you got a glimpse of what they saw). When I actually did seeThis is a great movie and one of the best war films I ever watched. The only thing that I didn't like was the use of the shaky camera, but it doesn't really distract from actually telling the story. Personally, I just don't like shaky camera but most of the time it was used in this film was from the main characters' perspective (you got a glimpse of what they saw). When I actually did see the shaky camera it didn't really physically make me nauseated but it did annoyed me. Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    I found myself liking the first half of the film a lot, but when the film hits the unnecessarily long sniper sequence, it all starts to go down hill. I never really found the 2nd half to be as compelling as the first half, and I started to care less and less with where the plot was going. In the end, The Hurt Locker is a decent, but severely over-rated movie.
  4. Oct 11, 2012
    : This movie told that war is a terrible place to live and when go in so deep in the war it becomes a drug and you don
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    Jeremy Renner is great in his role, but for me the film didn't live up to my expectations due to its length and not having as much action as the trailer showed.
  6. Nov 12, 2012
    Oh my God! One of the most perfect movies I've ever known. You could probably split this thing in half, and make two great works of cinema. There is so much suspense and drama packed into each and every beautifully shot scene that it almost calls forth the sweat on your brow. I ventured further onto the edge of my seat than I knew was humanly possible. When these soldiers are attempting toOh my God! One of the most perfect movies I've ever known. You could probably split this thing in half, and make two great works of cinema. There is so much suspense and drama packed into each and every beautifully shot scene that it almost calls forth the sweat on your brow. I ventured further onto the edge of my seat than I knew was humanly possible. When these soldiers are attempting to diffuse mysterious explosives, it almost feels like your well-being is in the balance as well. This long, exhilarating piece is just pumping at the edges with pounds upon pounds of heart-racing, pipe-bursting tension. The Hurt Locker is slow, punishing and weighs down upon you with a pressure that you don't want to stop. Masterful cinematography, directing, acting and vision. Everything is flawlessly clear both visually and intellectually. At no point did I find myself asking about the plot or wondering why something happened. It carries the mark of a great movie which is, you come close to forgetting that it is a movie at all. It becomes real. It leaves you utterly and hopelessly captivated. This was a film made with clarity, vigilance and purpose. So damn good I can't stand it. One for the ages. Expand
  7. Jan 20, 2013
    This is a very good movie about the Iraq war. I like Jeremy Renner a lot. the cast is very good and the story is awesome. I like this movie a lot. Best movie of 2009
  8. May 19, 2013
    Despite the high degree i gave to the film, but the film was a disappointment, think it's not worth to win the Oscar for best film, there are no any surprises in the film at all, and there are some stupid behaviors of the film main character Jeremy Renner and also the film pictures the Iraqi people are very weak and I am an Iraqi I do not deny that, but say it was exaggerated, but whatDespite the high degree i gave to the film, but the film was a disappointment, think it's not worth to win the Oscar for best film, there are no any surprises in the film at all, and there are some stupid behaviors of the film main character Jeremy Renner and also the film pictures the Iraqi people are very weak and I am an Iraqi I do not deny that, but say it was exaggerated, but what I liked most in the film is the realism in the presentation of the facts, And location of the filming that is very similar to the Iraqi environment despite the fact that the film images in Jordan Expand
  9. Dec 23, 2013
    Though it seems its inaccuracy and marketing hooks have struck a chord with a few, I found The Hurt Locker to be an enjoyable film. Ironically, it gives you a nice break from the typical explosion-after-explosion-war-action flick despite it focusing on EOD, with a slower pace and likable characters. It holds just enough tension without crossing over into tedium, and uses it to itsThough it seems its inaccuracy and marketing hooks have struck a chord with a few, I found The Hurt Locker to be an enjoyable film. Ironically, it gives you a nice break from the typical explosion-after-explosion-war-action flick despite it focusing on EOD, with a slower pace and likable characters. It holds just enough tension without crossing over into tedium, and uses it to its advantage to progress the story. Expand
  10. Jan 7, 2014
    Usually I don't really enjoy war films, but this one is fantastic. I've never seen a movie of this genre which is as genuine and gripping as "The Hurt Locker" with stunning actors and a touching story. Kathryn Bigelow's film leaves me stoked behind.
  11. Oct 10, 2014
    I enjoyed Bigelow's film very much--it's a very accurate depiction of the unique problems both of the war in the Middle East and that soldiers of any war face--that fighting and surviving is all they know, to the deficit of everything else. I understand why it was shot the way that it was, though handheld, jerky movement isn't my cup of tea. This film gets a lot of hate because it beat outI enjoyed Bigelow's film very much--it's a very accurate depiction of the unique problems both of the war in the Middle East and that soldiers of any war face--that fighting and surviving is all they know, to the deficit of everything else. I understand why it was shot the way that it was, though handheld, jerky movement isn't my cup of tea. This film gets a lot of hate because it beat out Avatar at the awards ceremonies. Though it's a very good film and deserving of great recognition, I don't think it's the best that Bigelow can do. I'm curious what she's going to try next. Expand
  12. Jan 30, 2014
    ''Excellent.'' ''Brilliant!'' ''Full of Suspense and Intensity.'' '' An Absolute Knockout! The first 12 mins will mess-up your life. One of the Best Films of the decade. The Best Action film I've seen in year's. The Actors are winning. The Film editing is brilliant. The Best Action-'Thriller ever made! Renner, Mackie and Gerahty were Terrific.
  13. Jan 5, 2015
    It's rare to find a realistic intelligent film. This is one of them.
    Unbelievable acting in the last scene. It was truly powerful.

It shows the true color of terrorism in the Middle East, and pretty much rips apart all the conspiracy theories and international media bias against U.S. military.

I give this film 10 with full respect.
  14. Nov 9, 2014
    Every single negative review I see on this site is due to "inaccuracy". Film is art ladies and gentleman, not reality. No matter the subject matter, any and all disbelief should be suspended when watching film. This is a classic mistake of many movie goer who expects realism. Look at elements and themes within a film, and stop tallying up real life impossibilities. This film is aEvery single negative review I see on this site is due to "inaccuracy". Film is art ladies and gentleman, not reality. No matter the subject matter, any and all disbelief should be suspended when watching film. This is a classic mistake of many movie goer who expects realism. Look at elements and themes within a film, and stop tallying up real life impossibilities. This film is a masterful work of art, thematically and emotionally. There is a reason for the 94 meta score on this site, it does not lie. The film is great. Expand
  15. Oct 24, 2015
    First of all, this movie is not 100% realistic. If you want that, go watch a documentary or war footage. This was still produced by Hollywood, but I guarantee it is the most realistic war movie Hollywood has produced in a long time.

This movie is not focused on all out combat action scenes. It focuses on the very real new threat that was IED's (Improvised explosive devices). The movie centers on a small EOD squad, having lost one of their specialists, a replacement is called in and follows the squad through their routine drama and suspense of disarming bombs that can very well kill you.

An absolute much watch for military enthusiasts.
  16. Apr 19, 2016
    Once again, I feel disappointed with users. The Hurt Locker will make you keep on loving and loving because of its side-to-side story that just can't move anywhere from the locker.
  17. Apr 18, 2016
    One of the best war movies i seen!! Very real and very intense!! Good movie worth the watch.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-632-The-Hurt-Locker
  18. RyanS
    Jan 20, 2010
    Truly an immersive war movie. An eye-opener. As I was watching it I was thinking about whether this is as good as classics like "Full Metal Jacket," and it's nearly at that level.
    Feb 1, 2010
    A very good film with some memorable scenes, it is very easy to give this film a high rating however on reflection it certainly does not desrve the 10/10 that many critics have dished out so easily for this film. I would say Moon is a better film and that got a 67 (84 from users) from the critics, who I believe have been a little out of touch with reviews for 2009 films.
  20. BryanB
    Jan 12, 2010
    As another Vet and EOD tech I give this film a 7. Yeah it
  21. roberti
    Jan 17, 2010
    True to the pumped up, hormonal realities of combat.
  22. CraigL
    Jan 25, 2010
    Don't believe the hype very average.
  23. Sarah
    Mar 8, 2010
    What a disappointment. Like others have already said it lacked a real plot line, the acting seemed too "cheesy" and "artificial", the script was boring, and to me it actual gave off a negative representation towards the US military. I have to say though that the idea did have potential; some parts were believably realistic, but others were just over the top and almost "awkward". I What a disappointment. Like others have already said it lacked a real plot line, the acting seemed too "cheesy" and "artificial", the script was boring, and to me it actual gave off a negative representation towards the US military. I have to say though that the idea did have potential; some parts were believably realistic, but others were just over the top and almost "awkward". I understand it's not "your typical movie" but it can't be classified as a "documentary" to me either. I'm still unsure of what to think... and I am SO surprised it won Best Picture at the Academy Awards. I think the recent hype with the US military's involvement in that country is the one thing that fed it's popularity. It seems everyone has been brainwashed with that topic. Expand
  24. DavidC.
    Apr 12, 2010
    Not a bad movie, but how can you go wrong when the main character is constantly in danger of getting blown up? I think it could have been better; there was a little too much Riggs from Lethal Weapon in that guy, but the actor did a good job. I'm really tired of the shaky camera too.
  25. ChrisK.
    Apr 2, 2010
    It may not be very accurate but I enjoyed watching this reckless guy disable bombs.
  26. PatrickM
    Apr 2, 2010
    I spent two tours in Iraq. Way too many military inaccuracies -- smoking in the barracks, drinking, the Colonel outside the wire and being called a colonel while outside, and carrying an M16, getting outside the wire with a handgun and then returning to the gate without getting in trouble, and the list goes on... -- for this picture to be rated anything better than an average.
  27. Tex
    Jun 2, 2010
    Above-average war movie. It has its moments but quickly fizzles out in the end.
  28. RichardB
    Jul 20, 2009
    This was a taut, well-acted, intense movie which could have been better if the director had not used the hand-held camera method for much of the film. People shouldn't have to take doses of Dramamine before seeing a movie in order to keep their last meal in place. I propose a rating system that let's viewers know in advance that jerky camera techniques are used in a movie so This was a taut, well-acted, intense movie which could have been better if the director had not used the hand-held camera method for much of the film. People shouldn't have to take doses of Dramamine before seeing a movie in order to keep their last meal in place. I propose a rating system that let's viewers know in advance that jerky camera techniques are used in a movie so that those of us who are subject to motion sickness can avoid the film. Expand
  29. AnnM
    Aug 23, 2009
    Primarily a character study of three unusual soldiers and their takes on the war - love it, hate it, and stop-this-improvising. James is an exaggerated but unforgettable character. Interesting scenery. Suspenseful. Much of the action was unrealistic; derived from other war movies instead of from Army procedures.
  30. RobM
    Aug 24, 2009
    Best movie I have seen this year, and by far one of the best war movies made. This movie cut the crap and focused on the characters above everything else, no over the top gun slinging. To anyone who simply watches this movie and then writes it off as crap probably just doesn't have the mental capability to see it for what it is. Movie critics usually have some idea of what Best movie I have seen this year, and by far one of the best war movies made. This movie cut the crap and focused on the characters above everything else, no over the top gun slinging. To anyone who simply watches this movie and then writes it off as crap probably just doesn't have the mental capability to see it for what it is. Movie critics usually have some idea of what they're talking about and in this case I can't agree more with them, except maybe the last two. Expand

1. The result is an intense, action-driven war pic, a muscular, efficient standout that simultaneously conveys the feeling of combat from within as well as what it looks like on the ground.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    A near-perfect movie about men in war, men at work. Through sturdy imagery and violent action, it says that even Hell needs heroes.
  3. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    Boal's script stirs a little of everything into the pot, which boils down into seven setpieces divided by brief intervals of camaraderie/conflict among the three protags.