The Ice Storm

8.8

1. JoeA.
    May 28, 2005
    Excellent movie that lingers with you.
  2. BryanH.
    Feb 4, 2007
    By far the best film ever, not to have been nominated for best film. It was Kevin Kline's best work to date and Ang Lee established himself as the most sensitive director alive. The entire cast was flawless. The cinematography and soundtrack left me yearning for more, though the catharsis brought to bear was complete! It captures a glimpse of the disco era (minus the disco) that you By far the best film ever, not to have been nominated for best film. It was Kevin Kline's best work to date and Ang Lee established himself as the most sensitive director alive. The entire cast was flawless. The cinematography and soundtrack left me yearning for more, though the catharsis brought to bear was complete! It captures a glimpse of the disco era (minus the disco) that you will never see again. The warmth of its meaning made up for the sometimes cold Connecticut bourgeoisie. Despite it's icy backdrop, it heats the screen with a humanity and reality I have rarely seen on or off the screen. Expand
  3. S.Gold
    Dec 6, 2005
    Can't name one bad thing about this film.
  4. AidaA.
    May 10, 2005
    This is a great movie!!! it talks about unhappiness inside the families who seemingly has it all. I love the character of Paul Hood, whos our guide about these problems who struggle these families, and the forces of nature can unleash it and get it out of hiding it.
  5. LeonardoF
    Mar 6, 2006
    Absolutely brilliant.

What we sense after the film is that the natural sources of pleasure have been replaced with higher-octane substitutes, which have burnt out the ability to feel joy.
  2. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    The dazzling ensemble perfectly captures every nuance in one of the finest acting showcases you could hope for.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Unlike many dramas of middle-class family wreckage, which tilt toward soapoperatic revelations, The Ice Storm is told from an ironic, almost meditative distance that gives the movie its paradoxical power.