5.8

1. Jul 30, 2013
    Once again, amazing Jim Carrey and cool story with little boring and slow ending. I had great time and fun watching it, but still understand why other people find this film so average.
  2. Mar 23, 2013
    This movie was a blast. Jim Carey's character was bizarre. We had low exepctations but were just wanting to see a funny movie. My family loved it and recommended it to my mother and she didn't think it was that great. I guess it is a movie that you either love or hate. I never want to see movies twice but I will be going to see it again.
  3. Mar 17, 2013
    After seeing such a low score for the critics I thought this movie was going to suck. Turns out the critics just don't know a funny movie when they see one. I'm not saying this movie is perfect because it has several flaws but I still had a fun watching. The actors were funny. Honestly I have never liked Steve but he was really funny in this movie. If you pay more then $10 to see thisAfter seeing such a low score for the critics I thought this movie was going to suck. Turns out the critics just don't know a funny movie when they see one. I'm not saying this movie is perfect because it has several flaws but I still had a fun watching. The actors were funny. Honestly I have never liked Steve but he was really funny in this movie. If you pay more then $10 to see this movie you might be a little upset and would just want to rent it but it's definitely worth a watch. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2013
    My friend and I went to see the INCREDIBLE BURT WEATHERSTONE yesterday, and I roared with laughter right up to the end. She on the other hand got more and more pissed off as the movie went on, and came out calling it "vile."

Well, some movies are like that, Especially the interesting ones. Very often comedies can use unspeakable cruel jokes to make the audience laugh. If anybody is old enough to remember, one of the classic moments of slapstick comedy is when an adorable little dog is squashed flat on a London sidewalk by a falling object in A FISH CALLED WANDA.

It had the audience rolling in the aisles.

The essential story is, without giving away the story is that there are two magicians who after a lifetime of working together as friends and hitting the big time in Vegas, see their audiences melting away, as a new totally evil magician becomes the hit of the town, mainly with jokes that feature self-laceration. You laugh at the good guys, when they are hitting it, and wince when the baddie does lhis act..as in Yeech!

The good guys are washed up, and they have to come up with the biggest trick in history to save their act. It features Steve Carell, Steve Buscemi, Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey, James Gandolfini as the Casino owner. What they propose is simply impossible, and yet they pull it off.

Here is where the movie suddenly runs into a HUGE problem. After performing the stunt, director Don
    Scrardino BREAKS THE FIRST LAW OF MAGIC. He shows you how it was done. To say that it was illegal, dangerous and done in a heartless manner is not putting too fine a line on it. All the good will that had built up
    over the past two hours toward the film is shattered in a few minutes.

He could have solved the problem easily by just not showing you the mechanics involved.It's the old story of everybody likes sausages, but no one ever wants to see how they are made.

It will be interesting to read your comments. I enjoyed myself thoroughly right up to the last four minutes, but wound up leaving the theatre with a bad taste in my mouth. REMEMBER Don, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A COMEDY!
  5. Mar 16, 2013
    Definitely better than expected; I feel that the critics were a bit harsh on this one. There were quite a few laughs throughout the movie, the story was decent, and the characters were well cast. The movie isn't perfect by any means, but compared to most comedies that typically hit the big screen The Incredible Burt Wonderstone was entertaining and a success.
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    Carrey and Carrell have good experimental vicious battles between them, which makes this movie special. Don Scardino has made a movie so funny you will roll down from your seat and still laugh, a very successful comedy in 2013 is very very rare because of people that make stupid crouched up films. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone is incredible.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Mar 15, 2013
    As ever with comedies like this, all the really funny stuff is in the opening 20 minutes. But it's entertaining stuff, with a scene-stealer from Alan Arkin.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Groen
    Mar 14, 2013
    For my first trick, allow me to write off an entire picture by merely affixing to the title a one-word contraction: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone isn’t. Please hold your applause.
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Mar 14, 2013
    Steve Carell is fatally miscast as an arrogant, flamboyant third-rate magician in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, which by all rights should have been a second-rate Will Ferrell vehicle.